PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:19 pm 

Where can he go?

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/271 ... -steps-okc

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
Knicks. Raptors.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:46 pm 
1000 CLUB

Knicks will get the publicity as a likely choice, but teams like Miami (they seem like a possibility to team up with Butler) Toronto (trying to win still) and SA (would seem like a long-shot) could be more realistic. What will be interesting is if OKC gets much back in terms of actual young talent or if it's about salary relief and draft picks.....Would a team like Portland jump in? They have a good PG already....

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:59 pm 

BD wrote:
Knicks will get the publicity as a likely choice, but teams like Miami (they seem like a possibility to team up with Butler) Toronto (trying to win still) and SA (would seem like a long-shot) could be more realistic. What will be interesting is if OKC gets much back in terms of actual young talent or if it's about salary relief and draft picks.....Would a team like Portland jump in? They have a good PG already....

If they trade him to Toronto then Lowry has to come back for salary dump purposes. His deal is up at the end of the season. Sure OKC would want Siakam back but Toronto wouldn't go for that.

It's going to be tough to deal Westbrook. He is an undisciplined basketball player. For as hard as he plays he doesn't play particularly smart at times and if you're a team trying to win why would you want him as your top dog? He and Butler would never be able to co exist. Butler couldn't co exist with guys (Embiid/Towns) that are clearly better than him so how would he be able to co exist with Westbrook?

From a competitive standpoint there wouldn't be a more competitive backcourt in the league but the "alpha dog" B.S. would eventually rear its ugly head.

S.A. is probably the best fit but they don't have anything in terms of young talent that OKC would want.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:20 pm 

Charlotte? :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:39 pm 

Westbrook with the Spurs would be something. Would love to see how Pop handled him. Would prob be the best thing for his career

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:43 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:

I don't think so. That roster would be much worse than OKC's

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:47 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

What if they also signed Carmelo?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:49 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

Even better Etwaun Moore.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:52 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

Agreed. Moore > Melo.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:55 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

Agreed. Moore > Melo.

I always knew that you weren't particularly bright.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Miami Heat very interested is what I’m reading.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Pistons to go with Blake.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:28 pm 

FrankDrebin wrote:
Pistons to go with Blake.

That would definitely give them a duo. I saw something on twitter earlier about all the dynamic duos now in the league...and they actually put Blake and Drummond as a dynamic duo :lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
Jbi11s wrote:
Miami Heat very interested is what I’m reading.

For some reason, I feel Butler and Westbrook could be very effective together.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
long time guy wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

It's not like a team he's on is likely to win anything anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

Agreed. Moore > Melo.

I love this exchange
I thought someone would break character for sure

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:01 am 

Perfect reason as to why it will be difficult for any team to trade for Westbrook.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommybeer/ ... westbrook/

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:46 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Westbrook makes sense on a team that's missing a piece to get them to the next level. He does not make sense on a team which currently has no other all NBA talent.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:53 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
To Wolves for Wiggins

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:13 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

Agreed. Moore > Melo.

At least someone wants Moore.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:25 pm 

Who his wife because it sure isn't the Pelicans. He will be bought out or traded at some point this season.

Carmelo Anthony would never accept the sort of role that your guy Etwaun has had to settle for throughout his rather undistinguished career.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:41 am 

long time guy wrote:
Who his wife because it sure isn't the Pelicans. He will be bought out or traded at some point this season.

Carmelo Anthony would never accept the sort of role that your guy Etwaun has had to settle for throughout his rather undistinguished career.

That is Carmelos problem. Thank you for admitting it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:58 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Obviously it's not a problem if the majority of Hall of Fame Melo type guys have done exactly the same thing. Only Euroleague veterans such as your guy Etwaun are accepting pittance from NBA teams.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:18 am 

long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Obviously it's not a problem if the majority of Hall of Fame Melo type guys have done exactly the same thing. Only Euroleague veterans such as your guy Etwaun are accepting pittance from NBA teams.

Euroleague veteran? He only played there until the lockout was over before his rookie year. He never missed a game for the Celtics. You really like being wrong it seems.

No reason to rehash it all but it is hilarious you think Melo only accepting the role that failed to deliver anything is something to brag about.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:52 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Euroleague veteran? He only played there until the lockout was over before his rookie year. He never missed a game for the Celtics. You really like being wrong it seems.

No reason to rehash it all but it is hilarious you think Melo only accepting the role that failed to deliver anything is something to brag about.

Don't know what accepting the role that failed to deliver something means but if you think Carmelo Anthony isn't good enough to play in the NBA then you're crazy.

Etwaun Moore barely hanging on in the NBA isn't a virtue. He is doing what he needs to do to survive. If Carmelo Anthony never plays another minute in the NBA he still will be a first ballot Hall of Famer.

He obviously doesn't need the money and if he doesn't want to settle for the meager role that guys like Etwaun settles for who am I or you for that matter to tell him that he is wrong?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:07 am 

long time guy wrote:
Don't know what accepting the role that failed to deliver something means but if you think Carmelo Anthony isn't good enough to play in the NBA then you're crazy.
He may be good enough to play in the NBA in some capacity but three teams have given up on him.

long time guy wrote:
Etwaun Moore barely hanging on in the NBA isn't a virtue. He is doing what he needs to do to survive. If Carmelo Anthony never plays another minute in the NBA he still will be a first ballot Hall of Famer.
Moore isn't barely hanging on. He was a starter the majority of the games he played and played 27 mpg even with injury issues.

long time guy wrote:
He obviously doesn't need the money and if he doesn't want to settle for the meager role that guys like Etwaun settles for who am I or you for that matter to tell him that he is wrong?
Always making excuses for him. Now he is choosing to not play in the NBA.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:12 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:
He may be good enough to play in the NBA in some capacity but three teams have given up on him.

long time guy wrote:
Moore isn't barely hanging on. He was a starter the majority of the games he played and played 27 mpg even with injury issues.

long time guy wrote:
Always making excuses for him. Now he is choosing to not play in the NBA.

This is where your ignorance gets the best of you. Carmelo Anthony's number weren't bad last season. Look them up.

Udonis Haslem still draws a salary. Again if you think he can't still play in the league you're crazy.

He bowed out in Houston after disagreeing with the coach over his role. For some reason you neglect to ever mention that. He wasn't cut from the league.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:15 am 

long time guy wrote:
This is where your ignorance gets the best of you. Carmelo Anthony's number weren't bad last season. Look them up.

Udonis Haslem still draws a salary. Again if you think he can't still play in the league you're crazy.

He bowed out in Houston after disagreeing with the coach over his role. For some reason you neglect to ever mention that. He wasn't cut from the league.
Set the over/under on these two things for Carmelo next year.

Games played
Games started

But hey, a hall of fame player at the age of 35 still being able to play in the league even though he only played 10 games at 34 is a pretty cool argument to make.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:26 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Set the over/under on these two things for Carmelo next year.

Games played
Games started

But hey, a hall of fame player at the age of 35 still being able to play in the league even though he only played 10 games at 34 is a pretty cool argument to make.

Thinking you can compare a fringe NBA player to a Hall of Famer is just stupid and if the only argument you have is "my guy is still on a roster and yours isn't" then you don't really have much.