It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:23 pm 

'77Cubs wrote:
Certainly makes the East more interesting. Cavs/Celtics is going to be a war.

At the least it won't be a cakewalk assuming both teams are healthy. The NBA hype machine will be in overdrive touting this newly created rivalry. Skip Bayless will be relevant again.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
I'm totally hyped for a more competitive Eastern Conference.

Great stuff.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:58 pm 

And they play each other opening night October 17th?

Very nice.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:03 pm 

They are saying that Thomas's hip issues may not be resolved by Opening Day. He refused surgery and they don't know if he is completely healthy.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:09 pm 

long time guy wrote:
They are saying that Thomas's hip issues may not be resolved by Opening Day. He refused surgery and they don't know if he is completely healthy.

It'll be ok to see Rose fill in until Thomas' injuries are ok. Crowder is such a nice asset for Cleveland here.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:21 pm 

Jbi11s wrote:
long time guy wrote:

It'll be ok to see Rose fill in until Thomas' injuries are ok. Crowder is such a nice asset for Cleveland here.

There is a slight chance that Rose could beat Thomas out for the slot at some point. They're both on one year deals at short money. Rose is better equipped to play playoff basketball also. Thomas is a liability in the playoffs. Rose needs to perform in order to get a decent contract. This is another of the side stories. Reports of Derrick Rose's demise may be greatly exaggerated. He may be playing meaningful ball again after all.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:25 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:
long time guy wrote:

There is a slight chance that Rose could beat Thomas out for the slot at some point. They're both on one year deals at short money. Rose is better equipped to play playoff basketball also. Thomas is a liability in the playoffs. Rose needs to perform in order to get a decent contract. This is another of the side stories. Reports of Derrick Rose's demise may be greatly exaggerated. He may be playing meaningful ball again after all.

Idk... I think you'll see a lot of Thomas, Rose, Lebron lineups when the Cavs are trying to win. Agree Rose around this talented of a lineup could be fun to watch. I don't really think Rose is better than Thomas at all tho.

Like I said I'm real excited to see the East open up a little bit with this trade.

Tatum/Kyrie could be something special if Irving stays in Boston.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:03 am 

pizza_Place: Obbies
:?:
long time guy wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:
long time guy wrote:
If this deal goes through Cleveland is done. Wont win the East next year. Book it. Boston upgrades at the point and there was no room for Crowder on the wing with Tatum and Brown waiting in the wings. Stick a fork in the Cavs. Ainge is putting a team together that will challenge G.S for years to come.

Wouldn't bother me to have 76ers/ Boston running the East for years to come... Or at least until Gar/Pax is fired.

Facing off against Minny in the finals every year.

Philly Boston would take me back to a time when I first began watching the NBA. They used to have some wars. Don't know where Minny fits in though.

I'm out.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:20 am 

Walt Williams Neck wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:
long time guy wrote:
If this deal goes through Cleveland is done. Wont win the East next year. Book it. Boston upgrades at the point and there was no room for Crowder on the wing with Tatum and Brown waiting in the wings. Stick a fork in the Cavs. Ainge is putting a team together that will challenge G.S for years to come.

Wouldn't bother me to have 76ers/ Boston running the East for years to come... Or at least until Gar/Pax is fired.

Facing off against Minny in the finals every year.

Philly Boston would take me back to a time when I first began watching the NBA. They used to have some wars. Don't know where Minny fits in though.

Come on Walt. Old guy like you don't remember the early 80's Philly Boston Matchups?

Nothing like A Sunday afternoon on CBS NBA game back in the day.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:32 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Jbi11s wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Idk... I think you'll see a lot of Thomas, Rose, Lebron lineups when the Cavs are trying to win. Agree Rose around this talented of a lineup could be fun to watch. I don't really think Rose is better than Thomas at all tho.

Like I said I'm real excited to see the East open up a little bit with this trade.

Tatum/Kyrie could be something special if Irving stays in Boston.

Yea, i don't see how Rose is beating out Thomas for anything :lol:

I'm also in agreement with those saying Cavs still make it to the Finals

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:11 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Confirms Ainge is no genius. Downgraded the PG position AND he gave up an unprotected lottery pick.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:18 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
veganfan21 wrote:
Confirms Ainge is no genius. Downgraded the PG position AND he gave up an unprotected lottery pick.

This.

Stupid, stupid trade for Boston. Cleveland's roster right now looks like something I'd put together on NBA2k. Actually, the video game probably wouldn't allow it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:24 am 

Not a big NBA fan but excited to see how this plays out. Lebron's going to put up massive numbers in that series.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:28 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
I'm not the world's biggest Irving fan, but this will be a good short term move for the Celtics. I think it does get them even with the Cavs. Anyone expecting great things from Rose is bound to be disappointed. By the playoffs, he'll be toast if he plays a full regular season. Guy still can't shoot from distance either.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:31 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Danny Ainge gives up the last of his precious poker chips to acquire a legitimate NBA all-star. He waited and waited and waited. I hope Jaylen Brown and Jason Tatum turn out to be great players because God knows what other young all-star he could have acquired for those picks. Also, the new Celtics big 3 includes a 31 year old Al Horford. I'm sure Kyrie is thrilled.

Imagine if Danny saved that money to sign Blake Griffin this summer. That big 3 would beat the Cavs.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:37 am 

Ron Wolfley wrote:
Imagine if Danny saved that money to sign Blake Griffin this summer. That big 3 would beat the Cavs.

No they wouldn't. Blake Griffin is trash, and the clippers overpaid for him and won't even make the playoffs this year.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:43 am 

Ron Wolfley wrote:
Danny Ainge gives up the last of his precious poker chips to acquire a legitimate NBA all-star. He waited and waited and waited. I hope Jaylen Brown and Jason Tatum turn out to be great players because God knows what other young all-star he could have acquired for those picks. Also, the new Celtics big 3 includes a 31 year old Al Horford. I'm sure Kyrie is thrilled.

If he doesn't do the trade with Philly I don't think he does the move. Trade with Philly allowed him to acquire an additional Lottery pick (Lakers). It's got a crazy stipulation in it.

That Hotford Acquisition was a bad move. They had the pieces to acquire Cousins too and I'm wondering why they didn't make a push for him considering what Sac accepted for him. I think they may make a play for him once the Season starts. They have chips to make it happen.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:47 am 

veganfan21 wrote:

Might as well stop reading at "downgraded the point guard position". Helluva move for Boston. Acquired a legit No.1 scoring option and rid itself of a contract headache and a rotation player.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:49 am 
1000 CLUB

long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Might as well stop reading at "downgraded the point guard position". Helluva move for Boston. Acquired a legit No.1 scoring option and rid itself of a contract headache and a rotation player.

Assuming he can stay on the court.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:53 am 

Douchebag wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:

No they wouldn't. Blake Griffin is trash, and the clippers overpaid for him and won't even make the playoffs this year.

Griffin IS trash. Glad someone else is with me on this. Even with that somewhat improved midrange jumper.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:55 am 

long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Crowder is pretty good. "A rotation player" kinda undersells him.

Thomas proved who he was in the playoffs. He's a large "meh" when it counts. Kyrie can pretty much score on anybody, and even though anybody scores on him, it's not like Thomas is a good defender either.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:56 am 
1000 CLUB

City of Fools wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:

Griffin IS trash. Glad someone else is with me on this. Even with that somewhat improved midrange jumper.

Griffin is barely the third best player on his team.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:00 am 

Raptors win the East.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:01 am 

City of Fools wrote:
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Thomas proved who he was in the playoffs. He's a large "meh" when it counts. Kyrie can pretty much score on anybody, and even though anybody scores on him, it's not like Thomas is a good defender either.

Thomas is much worse defensively and in playoff games it becomes tough to hide him defensively. Boston ran an offense that was centered around him and it padded his stats. His numbers will go down in Cleveland.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:04 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
CLE won the trade.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:04 am 

long time guy wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Thomas is much worse defensively and in playoff games it becomes tough to hide him defensively. Boston ran an offense that was centered around him and it padded his stats. His numbers will go down in Cleveland.

much worse defensively? That's unpossible.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:06 am 

City of Fools wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:

I might need to rethink my opinion on this.

Blake Griffin 2017-2018 MVP?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:07 am 

City of Fools wrote:
long time guy wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

much worse defensively? That's unpossible.

He is much worse defensively.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:09 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Douchebag wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:

This is not a good basketball thought.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:12 am 

Ron Wolfley wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:

This is not a good basketball thought.

Why? The Clippers gave a max contract to a guy who will undoubtedly begin to decline at his age, and they traded away their best player. This contract will be an albatross in 2 years.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next