It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:12 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 196 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
long time guy wrote:
IMU wrote:
http://www.espn.com/fantasy/basketball/story/_/id/21814696/fantasy-basketball-fantasy-nba-daily-notes-why-mirotic-saric-better-melo

Oh what a revelation. 15 year vet showing signs of decline. Someone please do an investigation!

You have continuously commented about how soft Mirotic is as well as questioned how low his IQ is. Carmelo is a veteran and his best is behind him, but he is still only 33 years old. And as you say always, a Hall of Famer. How far does a Hall of Famer need to fall for Mirotic to be the better option?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:30 pm 

IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:
IMU wrote:
http://www.espn.com/fantasy/basketball/story/_/id/21814696/fantasy-basketball-fantasy-nba-daily-notes-why-mirotic-saric-better-melo

Oh what a revelation. 15 year vet showing signs of decline. Someone please do an investigation!

You have continuously commented about how soft Mirotic is as well as questioned how low his IQ is. Carmelo is a veteran and his best is behind him, but he is still only 33 years old. And as you say always, a Hall of Famer. How far does a Hall of Famer need to fall for Mirotic to be the better option?

You are talking about fantasy basketball first of all. Secondly you are referencing it after Mirotic has had 6 good games. I'm sure that wasn't the sentiment before the season began. Mirotic was a free agent that didn't have any takers. Couldn't trade him either. Melo was traded for a starting center and a solid backup. No one wanted Mirotic. He hasn't fallen that much to where he is worse than Mirotic.

He just dropped 24 2 games ago.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:10 pm 

In 47 minutes and 3OT! :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:54 pm 

IMU wrote:

The Carmelo Anthony argument is really one of your dumber arguments going. There is a chance that he isn't quite done as a player either.

If he is its as Brendan Haywood stated that other night "First ballot Hall of Famer"

Continue to worship at the alter of journeyman guys like MCW and D list stars like Butler. Continue to make excuses along the way also.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
IMU wrote:

:lol: :lol:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:00 pm 

long time guy wrote:
IMU wrote:

The Carmelo Anthony argument is really one of your dumber arguments going. There is a chance that he isn't quite done as a player either.

If he is its as Brendan Haywood stated that other night "First ballot Hall of Famer"

Continue to worship at the alter of journeyman guys like MCW and D list stars like Butler. Continue to make excuses along the way also.

Brendan Haywood is a moron.

IMU is on the right side of history with his Melo hate. He'll make the HOF because the basketball HOF is a fucking joke, but Melo is easily the most overrated athlete of the 21st century. He's a selfish loser and always has been, and his career reflects that.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:33 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
IMU wrote:

Brendan Haywood is a moron.

IMU is on the right side of history with his Melo hate. He'll make the HOF because the basketball HOF is a fucking joke, but Melo is easily the most overrated athlete of the 21st century. He's a selfish loser and always has been, and his career reflects that.

Neither you nor Imu know more about basketball than Brendan Haywood. You do realize (probably not) that the "selfish loser" has won 54% of his games as his team's best player since entering the league. His % as his team's best player is better than Butler's. Before he came to New York I'm certain that his teams won more than 60% of the games in which he participated. YOu love Butler and the 2 years that he was the undisputed "best player" his teams were .500. You can blame Hoiberg all you want but Anthony played for Fisher and Woodson. I never used the coach as an excuse either.

Butler is playing with more talent and the everyone loves him coach and his team still isn't blowing up the spot.

As far as the HOF goes if its the joke you suggest then Butler should be able to get in shouldn't he? As it stands now he has a probability of 7% of reaching the Hall. Anthony has a 98% probability. No team that Butler has ever played on has ever won more than 50 games yet he is the superior player and winner according to you. You won't find a person associated with the NBA who thinks that the career of Jimmy Butler will turn out better than that of Carmelo Anthony. Not one.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:40 pm 

Let me fact check you right quick:

Since the start of the 2014-2015 season, Jimmy Butler has been the best player on his team in every game he has played. In that span, his teams record is 151-126, a .545 winning percentage. Until this season, he never played with another high caliber player(Rose was never healthy and/or good since Butler got good).

Quote:
Butler is playing with more talent and the everyone loves him coach and his team still isn't blowing up the spot.

Butler is playing with more talent?!?! Who are you crapping my man? You love Westbrook and Paul George and trash the Wolves entire roster every chance you get. No, no, no don't crap me now ltg.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:19 pm 

FavreFan wrote:

Since the start of the 2014-2015 season, Jimmy Butler has been the best player on his team in every game he has played. In that span, his teams record is 151-126, a .545 winning percentage. Until this season, he never played with another high caliber player(Rose was never healthy and/or good since Butler got good).

Quote:

Butler is playing with more talent?!?! Who are you crapping my man? You love Westbrook and Paul George and trash the Wolves entire roster every chance you get. No, no, no don't crap me now ltg.

Point #1 In 14-15 Gasol was the Bulls best player. He definitely was high caliber. He made the All Star team and I believe led the league in Double Doubles. Butler came into his own that year but I wouldn't declare him to be their best player.

Last 2 years they turned the team over to him. Both seasons the Bulls hovered around .500 with him as the guy.

Fast forward to this year. I'm not comparing his talent to OKC. I'm comparing it to the talent he played with on the Bulls. It is undeniably better with a better coach and they haven't been that impressive.
I'm convinced they will be .500 give or take a few games.

When Carmelo was in his prime as Butler happens to be his teams were much better with weaker talent. Check the record.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:26 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Quote:

Point #1 In 14-15 Gasol was the Bulls best player. He definitely was high caliber. He made the All Star team and I believe led the league in Double Doubles. Butler came into his own that year but I wouldn't declare him to be their best player.

Last 2 years they turned the team over to him. Both seasons the Bulls hovered around .500 with him as the guy.

Fast forward to this year. I'm not comparing his talent to OKC. I'm comparing it to the talent he played with on the Bulls. It is undeniably better with a better coach and they haven't been that impressive.
I'm convinced they will be .500 give or take a few games.

When Carmelo was in his prime as Butler happens to be his teams were much better with weaker talent. Check the record.

Almost this entire post is wrong. Impressive. The last point is especially amusing.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:11 am 

Gonna be awesome when Knicks have a better record this year than any Carmelo years.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:25 am 

IMU wrote:
Gonna be awesome when Knicks have a better record this year than any Carmelo years.

They won 54 games (most in 15 years) with Anthony. Never let facts or acumen get in the way of an Imu post.

Good read from people much more intuned than you.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/th ... hemselves/

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:39 am 

long time guy wrote:
IMU wrote:

They won 54 games (most in 15 years) with Anthony. Never let facts or acumen get in the way of an Imu post.

They are in a much better place after dumping Melo then they would be if he was currently still there. Not even you can deny that.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:29 pm 

conns7901 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
IMU wrote:

They are in a much better place after dumping Melo then they would be if he was currently still there. Not even you can deny that.

Possibly yes. He is 33 years old and not the same player. That happens to a lot of players. He has been injured the past 2 years. Phil Jackson was the biggest problem with New York. I am a Noah fan but that is the worst contract in the league. His moves torpedoed the franchise. This notion that he is a loser is always what I take issue with. It isn't based on fact. He won over 60% of his games in Denver and has won 54% for his career. That isn't a loser. I don't based winning and losing on championships either. One player doesnt determine that outcome. .

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:39 pm 

long time guy wrote:
conns7901 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
IMU wrote:

Possibly yes. He is 33 years old and not the same player. That happens to a lot of players. He has been injured the past 2 years. Phil Jackson was the biggest problem with New York. I am a Noah fan but that is the worst contract in the league. His moves torpedoed the franchise. This notion that he is a loser is always what I take issue with. It isn't based on fact. He won over 60% of his games in Denver and has won 54% for his career. That isn't a loser. I don't based winning and losing on championships either. One player doesnt determine that outcome. .

Ok. Could we go with Bumslayer since his playoff record was bad?

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:52 pm 

conns7901 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
conns7901 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
IMU wrote:

Ok. Could we go with Bumslayer since his playoff record was bad?

I wouldn't necessarily agree with that either. I'd bash him if his supporting cast on the those Denver and New York teams were better. The teams that he played on wouldn't have made the playoffs without him. That is borne out by the results that they garnered before he was acquired. Denver was a 17 win team the year before he got there and New York was a train wreck for a decade prior to his arrival. He unquestionably made teams better. What he didn't make them was championship level better. I don't hold individuals responsible for not making it to the championship if they aren't supposed to make it to the championship.

The best player that Carmelo Anthony ever played with while he was an elite player was Chauncey Billups. Billups was aging but he was still a good player.

The person that never received flak for what happened in New York was Stoudamire. He stole money. Anthony came to New York to play with him and he either played like shit or was hurt the rest of the time. That is where the blame lay.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:50 pm 

Knicks are hot now. They started very poorly. Watch out world.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:52 pm 

long time guy wrote:
The person that never received flak for what happened in New York was Stoudamire. He stole money.

What?

It's pretty much a consensus that the Amare contract was one of the worst deals in NBA history.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:07 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
long time guy wrote:
The person that never received flak for what happened in New York was Stoudamire. He stole money.

What?

It's pretty much a consensus that the Amare contract was one of the worst deals in NBA history.

Amare didn't get much criticism. He escaped it. He rarely played and when he did he wasn't that effective. Without Anthony those Knicks teams don't make the playoffs.

Last edited by long time guy on Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:09 pm 

IMU wrote:

The Knicks are a .500 team. by season's end OKC will still have a better record than they will. Knicks also won't have more than 54 wins. Good to know that you are a celebrator of mediocrity.

I certainly will be watching out world to that.

Last edited by long time guy on Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:10 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
long time guy wrote:

What?

Amare didn't get much criticism. He escaped it.

To quote a terrible CFMB poster, that's "revisionist history".

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:15 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
long time guy wrote:

What?

Which person on here went out of their way to bash Stoudamire? Can you show me a thread based on it?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:22 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
long time guy wrote:

What?

Which person on here went out of their way to bash Stoudamire? Can you show me a thread based on it?

http://chicagofanatics.com/viewtopic.php?f=91&t=101613&p=2519360&hilit=amare#p2519083

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:23 pm 

IMU wrote:

Think I heard the other night where the Knicks are about embark on a stretch of games where 16 of their next 20 are on the road.

Watch out World!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:26 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
long time guy wrote:

What?

http://chicagofanatics.com/viewtopic.php?f=91&t=101613&p=2519360&hilit=amare#p2519083

They sure loaded up at the bat rack on that one.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:34 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
long time guy wrote:

What?

Yeah that’s just plain not true. The Knicks were crushed for that deal, especially since his knees were so bad BEFORE signing that they couldn’t even insure the contract.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:53 pm 

I've been on the Amare hate train for years now. There's other posts out there, but search can only find posts since the cutover to Chicago Fanatics. I always said thank goodness the Bulls struck out on Amare and ended up with the consolation prize of Boozer. Boozer was bad money, but Amare was so much worse.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:06 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
I've been on the Amare hate train for years now. There's other posts out there, but search can only find posts since the cutover to Chicago Fanatics. I always said thank goodness the Bulls struck out on Amare and ended up with the consolation prize of Boozer. Boozer was bad money, but Amare was so much worse.

Amare was never held accountable for the failure to go far in the playoffs. He was making 20 mil a year. Its one thing to think its a bad contract but its another thing to hold him accountable for the losing.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:09 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

Amare was never held accountable for the failure to go far in the playoffs. He was making 20 mil a year. Its one thing to think its a bad contract but its another thing to hold him accountable for the losing.

He pretty much never played for them after 2011, right? Like 10 games a year or something? It sounds weird to blame him personally for that. It's the team's fault for signing him.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:31 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

He pretty much never played for them after 2011, right? Like 10 games a year or something? It sounds weird to blame him personally for that. It's the team's fault for signing him.

Being paid as a max player and not contributimg anything was much more responsible for the failure to win than Anthony being a guy you cant win with.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 196 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next