It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:53 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 548 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 19  Next
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Bulls -1 (They're due for a win. At home. Devin Booker's big toe is no bueno.)
Wolves -6 (At home. No John Wall to guard.)
Nuggets +2 (Rudy Gobert and Joe Johnson are both out.)
Bucks @ Kings -198

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Bagels wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Man I really hope Blake can stay healthy this year. Could have a monster season.

oops

Yeah, I knew it was a big if at the time. Oh well, that prediction wasn't working out either way :lol:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
FavreFan wrote:
Bagels wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Man I really hope Blake can stay healthy this year. Could have a monster season.

oops

Yeah, I knew it was a big if at the time. Oh well, that prediction wasn't working out either way :lol:

I love that his dumbass son was the one who did it but Doc tried to blame Lonzo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Thunder getting crushed in Orlando right now
This team is trash

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:18 pm 

Bagels wrote:
Thunder getting crushed in Orlando right now
This team is trash

This is the portion of the show where I should be using "too early" excuse. Extremely convenient.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:32 pm 

Lonzo coming alive in the 3rd! This is an entertaining game

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:19 pm 

What does Billy Donovan do to earn an NBA check?

I'm finally starting to get back into the Association, but I'm having a hard time with this one.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:21 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:

I'm finally starting to get back into the Association, but I'm having a hard time with this one.

Supposedly Russell loves him and he was a big reason why Russell resigned for 5 more years. I think he’s a shit coach but that alone justifies his salary if true.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:31 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

Supposedly Russell loves him and he was a big reason why Russell resigned for 5 more years. I think he’s a shit coach but that alone justifies his salary if true.

You'd think that he'd at least find a way to find George in his homecoming game, especially with Russ and Melo shooting for shit, again

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:56 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

You'd think that he'd at least find a way to find George in his homecoming game, especially with Russ and Melo shooting for shit, again

Yeah but the Pacers are playing well this year. I’ve also not need a fan of George since he came back from injury. Just not the same guy. The people(ltg) saying he was better than Butler last year were ridiculous.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:59 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

Yeah but the Pacers are playing well this year. I’ve also not need a fan of George since he came back from injury. Just not the same guy. The people(ltg) saying he was better than Butler last year were ridiculous.

He is better. If he makes the All Star team you will say it doesn't matter. Your eye test stinks right about now. Far too many misses. May be time to regroup.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:10 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

He is better. If he makes the All Star team you will say it doesn't matter. Your eye test stinks right about now. Far too many misses. May be time to regroup.

Dude stop putting so much stock into the value of all star teams. All NBA teams isnt even a great test but Butler will get more votes for that this year too. He's gonna have better stats. Butler is clearly a better player right now than George. Has been since George's injury.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:37 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

Dude stop putting so much stock into the value of all star teams. All NBA teams isnt even a great test but Butler will get more votes for that this year too. He's gonna have better stats. Butler is clearly a better player right now than George. Has been since George's injury.

Let's see. You had him better than Giannis, Kyrie, and Cousins. You were wrong about each. He isn't better than any of them. I'm comfortable with thinking he isn't better than George.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:33 pm 

https://www.si.com/nba/2017/12/14/denve ... acebook_si

Quote:
As Denver scored and scored, it quickly became the internet’s favorite NBA team. Jokic especially was lauded for his Gretzky-level passing ability. The Nuggets’ front office has graduated past calling Jokic the best passing big man, simply referring to him as one of the best passers in the league. Head coach Mike Malone, who was an assistant in Cleveland during LeBron James’s first stint there, sees a parallel between James and Jokic.

“[LeBron] took more satisfaction with making his teammates better than scoring,” Malone explains. “[Nikola] is the same thing. Nikola would rather create a play for his teammate with a great pass than he would scoring the basketball

King Jokic

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:28 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
https://www.si.com/nba/2017/12/14/denver-nuggets-nikola-jokic-nba-internet-favorite-team?utm_campaign=sportsillustrated&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&xid=socialflow_facebook_si

Quote:
As Denver scored and scored, it quickly became the internet’s favorite NBA team. Jokic especially was lauded for his Gretzky-level passing ability. The Nuggets’ front office has graduated past calling Jokic the best passing big man, simply referring to him as one of the best passers in the league. Head coach Mike Malone, who was an assistant in Cleveland during LeBron James’s first stint there, sees a parallel between James and Jokic.

“[LeBron] took more satisfaction with making his teammates better than scoring,” Malone explains. “[Nikola] is the same thing. Nikola would rather create a play for his teammate with a great pass than he would scoring the basketball

King Jokic

Jokic current PPG avg is similar to Robin Lopez. Lopez bum. Jokic Great. This is the culmination of what we like to call in the game a bad run.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:29 pm 

You judge players solely based on ppg? Yikes!

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:34 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
You judge players solely based on ppg? Yikes!

Actually I don't. If we were to actually break down their games it would become apparent that you either A have Jokic overrated or B. underrate Lopez. Jokic is a good player. He isn't a great player and passing is only one aspect of the game and I don't overrate it either. He is a weak defender. Towns level bad and he doesn't have gaudy rebounding numbers either. He is solid but He isn't taking teams anywhere. Denver's talent is pretty good too.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:40 pm 

Jokic was 8th in the entire NBA in PER last season. He was 9th in the entire NBA in WS/48. He was 5th in Box Plus/Minus. He was 9th in the NBA in VORP.

Advanced metrics can be flawed, but even if we allow that he's not THAT good, he's clearly a great player.

Jokic averages 16.9 rebounds per 100 possessions so far for his career. Lopez averages 12.2. It's hilarious that you are even attempting to compare them as players.

It's ok that you didn't/don't know how good Jokic is. Most casual fans don't.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:13 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Jokic was 8th in the entire NBA in PER last season. He was 9th in the entire NBA in WS/48. He was 5th in Box Plus/Minus. He was 9th in the NBA in VORP.

Advanced metrics can be flawed, but even if we allow that he's not THAT good, he's clearly a great player.

Jokic averages 16.9 rebounds per 100 possessions so far for his career. Lopez averages 12.2. It's hilarious that you are even attempting to compare them as players.

It's ok that you didn't/don't know how good Jokic is. Most casual fans don't.

Who cares what he avg is per whatever. He has never played 30 minutes per game at any point of his career. That is why I don't go with advanced metrics that often. I probably could find an advanced metric which states that Frank Mason jr. is better than Kyrie Irving. Earlier in the year one person argued that Al Horford was better than Kyrie Irving. It was due to advanced metrics. There is an overreliance on that stuff. If he is great he will make All Star teams. His impact will be known throughout the league. He isn't a dominant player. He is a good player. Its not a diss either.

I don't overrate guys. I like his game but he isn't in that class with the truly great bigs in the NBA.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
LTG dismissing per 100 possessions is the most LTG thing ever. How is that an advanced metric? Can you count that high?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:49 pm 

IMU wrote:
LTG dismissing per 100 possessions is the most LTG thing ever. How is that an advanced metric? Can you count that high?

Can you have an actual basketball discussion without resorting to statistics?

I dismissed Per 36 in the other post. Are you able to comprehend? I doubt it.

He is arguing with me about whether he is better than Lopez. So? I'm not the one saying that Lopez is a great player. Lopez is a decent Center in my book. He isn't a bum. Nerlens Noel is a bum. That's who FF should be letting have it. SHould have cut bait with that a while ago. Okafor has been and will be a much better player going forward.

ability to determine whether a guy can play or not really isn't a strong suit of yours so its rather futile to discuss such things with you. You'll simply find the latest John Hollinger posting and cite as if you have discovered a cure for cancer.

Last edited by long time guy on Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:53 pm 

long time guy wrote:
IMU wrote:

I dismissed Per 36. Are you able to comprehend? I doubt it.

Per 100 possessions is not the same as per 36.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:56 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
IMU wrote:

I dismissed Per 36. Are you able to comprehend? I doubt it.

Per 100 possessions is not the same as per 36.

i know what Per 100 possession happens to be. You're comparing his to Lopez. So what? Lets compare him to other great centers since you place him in the class of other great centers. You are trying to flip it as if I'm saying Lopez is better. I'm not. That would make you for lack of a better term a liar.

Let's compare him to other top 5 Centers and see how he stacks up. Demarcus Cousins who I seem to remember you dissing obliterates him numbers wise and is also a better defender.

I've never said that Lopez was great. I think he is solid though. He isn't a bum. Nerlens Noel is however a bum

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:02 pm 

You compared him to a bum like Lopez, not me.

Cousins is atrocious defensively and yes, Jokic’s stats compare favorably to his. Cousins is having by far the best year of his career so he’s slightly ahead this year but Jokic beat him across the board last year BPM, PER, WS/48, VORP, etc.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:08 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
You compared him to a bum like Lopez, not me.

Cousins is atrocious defensively and yes, Jokic’s stats compare favorably to his. Cousins is having by far the best year of his career so he’s slightly ahead this year but Jokic beat him across the board last year BPM, PER, WS/48, VORP, etc.

Cousins will always be a much better scorer and Jokic has to play more minutes also. 29 minutes a game for a guy considered "great" is rather low.

Contrary to popular belief the most important aspect of the game is scoring also. There are other aspects obviously but scoring is the most important factor in basketball. If you are going to be "great" without being a great scorer then you'd better be able to be dominant in the other areas. Jokic's assist totals aren't all that outstanding either. They are good for a Center but there are a few other Centers that put up those totals. Cousins exceeds them. His Rebound totals are good not great. Where is the there?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:33 pm 

I agree he should be playing a few more min per game, but he's been banged up this year and just became a starter last December.

You do realize though that playing lower minutes affects other per game stats, right? So no, Cousins is not better when it comes to assists. Jokic is at 7.7 per 100 possessions and Cousins is at 6.9. Jokic's assist % is 24.6% this year, 24% for his career. Cousins is at 23.6% this year and 17.8% for his career.
'
I agree scoring is most important, and Jokic is a more efficient scorer than Cousins. Cousins TS% is .577, Jokic is .609. Jokic could easily score 20+ ppg if he wanted to. I like that he makes his teammates better(Cousins does not). That's how you become the centerpiece of an explosive offense, which is exactly what Jokic is.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:37 pm 

Cousins rebounds per 100 possessions: 16.9
Jokic rebounds per 100 possessions: 17.8

LTG's conclusion: Cousins is a FAR SUPERIOR rebounder.

Also, to be clear, I like Cousins. You remember wrong if you remember me dissing him.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Is now a good time to point out that Embiid, loved by LTG, only plays 30 minutes a game. Yet Jokic is penalized playing 29 minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:22 pm 

Jeff Van Gundy just said Donovan coaching this OK3 team is “a mirror image” of Brown coaching the awful, rebuilding Sixer teams of the past couple years :lol:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
FavreFan wrote:
Jeff Van Gundy just said Donovan coaching this OK3 team is “a mirror image” of Brown coaching the awful, rebuilding Sixer teams of the past couple years :lol:

I'm out.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 548 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 19  Next