It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 548 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:15 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
Hockey is ???

Subtle racism.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:21 pm 

Hockey is CH being a bitch

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Before this year he's done a poor job as head coach. That's not really debatable given his talent and outcome. Even taking injuries into account.

And yes, coaches can improve and get better just like players.

Gentry is still a mediocre coach in the big picture. He's under 500 as NO's coach and as a HC overall. This is only his third time in the playoffs as HC and first time as NO's coach in three years. Great story thus far this year but it still doesn't negate any of what FF or I said about him over the past two years. LTG should find out what "preponderance" means, as in the preponderance of available data on Gentry as a HC still suggests he's nothing special. That being said, if he turns the franchise around, then more power to him. It still doesn't magically reshape him as a coach who has always been good. He hasn't.

No you sound even more foolish in doubling down on a such a stupid ill informed comment than you did previously.

You stated that they'd never do anything with him as a coach and you also had him fired midway or before during the season.

Bad records as i have told you mean nothing when you have a bad roster.

When he has had talent he has demonstrated that he knows what to do with it. You have been wrong about him at every turn.

Yup. I had him fired this year during the AS break. Obviously wrong but the prediction was in line with previous jobs he's had as HC. What did he demonstrate last year by going 34-48 with AD for 75 games and Cousins for half the season? Let's not overstate Gentry's abilities here - you're acting like he invented the game.

Right on Gentry but a season after I thought it would happen. Overrated as hell but a nice guy. At best he's an assistant coach.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:52 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Before this year he's done a poor job as head coach. That's not really debatable given his talent and outcome. Even taking injuries into account.

Gentry is still a mediocre coach in the big picture. He's under 500 as NO's coach and as a HC overall. This is only his third time in the playoffs as HC and first time as NO's coach in three years. Great story thus far this year but it still doesn't negate any of what FF or I said about him over the past two years. LTG should find out what "preponderance" means, as in the preponderance of available data on Gentry as a HC still suggests he's nothing special. That being said, if he turns the franchise around, then more power to him. It still doesn't magically reshape him as a coach who has always been good. He hasn't.

No you sound even more foolish in doubling down on a such a stupid ill informed comment than you did previously.

You stated that they'd never do anything with him as a coach and you also had him fired midway or before during the season.

When he has had talent he has demonstrated that he knows what to do with it. You have been wrong about him at every turn.

Yup. I had him fired this year during the AS break. Obviously wrong but the prediction was in line with previous jobs he's had as HC. What did he demonstrate last year by going 34-48 with AD for 75 games and Cousins for half the season? Let's not overstate Gentry's abilities here - you're acting like he invented the game.

Right on Gentry but a season after I thought it would happen. Overrated as hell but a nice guy. At best he's an assistant coach.

Nice try Vegan but you had him whacked 3 seasons ago.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:38 am 

long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I actually don't remember now that you've said it and I looked at the quote, but three seems a bit much. I don't remember anything in 2017. Either way I said it from the start: he's just not impressive as HC. I'd like to see fizdale given a shot even though he seems to be fired after just a month on every job. If I were GM and saw NY Knicks on someone's CV I'd just ignore it, the good and bad. What an awful place to be coach.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:07 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

I actually don't remember now that you've said it and I looked at the quote, but three seems a bit much. I don't remember anything in 2017. Either way I said it from the start: he's just not impressive as HC. I'd like to see fizdale given a shot even though he seems to be fired after just a month on every job. If I were GM and saw NY Knicks on someone's CV I'd just ignore it, the good and bad. What an awful place to be coach.

Don't know what you mean by "impressive" but he is nowhere near as bad you claim that he is. The year you had him to be fired he took his team to the playoffs and got to the 2nd round.

Coaches get fired. It's part of the job unless you are Popovich and even he is taking his lumps currently.

The guy is a decent coach. Not great and not terrible

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:45 am 

decent seems to your euphemism for mediocre. 46% winning percentage overall and 46 games under .500 as NO coach. I don't have any problems with him if he's my assistant coach.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:52 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
decent seems to your euphemism for mediocre. 46% winning percentage overall and 46 games under .500 as NO coach. I don't have any problems with him if he's my assistant coach.

When he jas talent he does well. % wins aren't relevant when you have crappy team. Talent wins in the NBA. Great coaching alone doesn't. Again see Pop.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 548 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19