It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:16 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 548 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 19  Next
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:57 pm 

Helluva game between OKC and Philly . going to triple OT

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
RFDC wrote:

Yep. Crazy game

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:37 am 

pizza_Place: Obbies
RFDC wrote:

wow did you see the minutes the 6ers' starters had :shock:

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:10 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Westbrook waving Embid off the court was pretty bad ass.

What a fantastic game that was to watch. By the end I was just cheering for more overtimes.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:25 pm 

IMU wrote:
Is now a good time to point out that Embiid, loved by LTG, only plays 30 minutes a game. Yet Jokic is penalized playing 29 minutes.

You may not have known this (no surprise) but Embiid was on a minutes restriction as a way of preventing injury. It's different than Jokic's situation. Embiid's minutes are up now.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:33 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
I agree he should be playing a few more min per game, but he's been banged up this year and just became a starter last December.

You do realize though that playing lower minutes affects other per game stats, right? So no, Cousins is not better when it comes to assists. Jokic is at 7.7 per 100 possessions and Cousins is at 6.9. Jokic's assist % is 24.6% this year, 24% for his career. Cousins is at 23.6% this year and 17.8% for his career.
'
I agree scoring is most important, and Jokic is a more efficient scorer than Cousins. Cousins TS% is .577, Jokic is .609. Jokic could easily score 20+ ppg if he wanted to. I like that he makes his teammates better(Cousins does not). That's how you become the centerpiece of an explosive offense, which is exactly what Jokic is.

Again the statistical analysis (advanced) needs to be tabled sometimes. Jokic isn't making guys all that better either. Denver hasn't really fallen of since he has been injured. They have a little talent and if he is as good as you keep suggesting he will be on the All Star team

Cousins is regarded as the best center in the league and you'd be hard pressed to find anyone (other than yourself) who thinks he is better than Cousins.

Embiid is also better. I'm not ready to put Embiid in the great category either. I think he will be but he has to play a full season first.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:53 pm 

The reason that he plays fewer minutes is because it's obvious that his coaches believe that he wouldn't be nearly as effective at 34 or 35 minutes per game.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:26 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
I agree he should be playing a few more min per game, but he's been banged up this year and just became a starter last December.

You do realize though that playing lower minutes affects other per game stats, right? So no, Cousins is not better when it comes to assists. Jokic is at 7.7 per 100 possessions and Cousins is at 6.9. Jokic's assist % is 24.6% this year, 24% for his career. Cousins is at 23.6% this year and 17.8% for his career.
'
I agree scoring is most important, and Jokic is a more efficient scorer than Cousins. Cousins TS% is .577, Jokic is .609. Jokic could easily score 20+ ppg if he wanted to. I like that he makes his teammates better(Cousins does not). That's how you become the centerpiece of an explosive offense, which is exactly what Jokic is.

Again the statistical analysis (advanced) needs to be tabled sometimes. Jokic isn't making guys all that better either. Denver hasn't really fallen of since he has been injured. They have a little talent and if he is as good as you keep suggesting he will be on the All Star team

Cousins is regarded as the best center in the league and you'd be hard pressed to find anyone (other than yourself) who thinks he is better than Cousins.

Embiid is also better. I'm not ready to put Embiid in the great category either. I think he will be but he has to play a full season first.

Sorry, but I'm not just going to dismiss SEVERAL statistics that indicate he's very good just because you don't like him. The rebounding numbers I posted werent advanced either, and they indicate he's as good or slightly better at rebounding than Cousins. And you again are arguing out of both sides of your mouth, you think Jokic isn't good because he hasn't made an all star team but you say the team is talented despite having no other all stars outside of Millsap, who's hurt and played poorly when healthy. WYC?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:28 pm 

long time guy wrote:
The reason that he plays fewer minutes is because it's obvious that his coaches believe that he wouldn't be nearly as effective at 34 or 35 minutes per game.

Not true. The reason he plays fewer minutes is because he's a 7 footer who already has ankle problems this year. Last year he didn't start under December. As usual you're just talking out of your ass :lol:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:42 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

'

Sorry, but I'm not just going to dismiss SEVERAL statistics that indicate he's very good just because you don't like him. The rebounding numbers I posted werent advanced either, and they indicate he's as good or slightly better at rebounding than Cousins. And you again are arguing out of both sides of your mouth, you think Jokic isn't good because he hasn't made an all star team but you say the team is talented despite having no other all stars outside of Millsap, who's hurt and played poorly when healthy. WYC?

As usual you're twisting it to fit your own narrative. I stated that they have a little talent. Never said it was exceptional. They didn't really fall off with both Jokic and Milsap out of the lineup either. That clearly suggests that he isn't as impactful as you keep asserting.

He is a good player. You have him as great and there really isn't anything other than your assessment which suggests that

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:59 pm 

I posted several objective metrics that suggest it as well, not just my assessment. I can’t help that you ignore additional data just because it suggests your eye test isn’t as accurate as you thought.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:41 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
I posted several objective metrics that suggest it as well, not just my assessment. I can’t help that you ignore additional data just because it suggests your eye test isn’t as accurate as you thought.

You're ignoring the fact that he has yet to ever make an All Star game. Per 100 possessions isnt more relevant than per game either. It can be stretched over multiple games. Guys that play shorter amounts of time have
advantages.

Great players make All Star and All NBA teams.

If you argue that he makes guys better but there isn't much difference in record whether he plays or not then he probably doesn't make people better.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:47 am 

long time guy wrote:
. Per 100 possessions isnt more relevant than per game either..

That’s simply wrong. Per 100 possessions has been the standard for several years now.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Oladipo outplaying Irving down the stretch tonight...great game

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:31 pm 

Wow unreal ending Pacers with a all time choke

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:23 pm 

Freak beat the King tonight. Great finish

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen Home Run Inn Pizza
The Greek Freak's ascension has been totally absurd, I don't know if I've ever seen a player improve this much over a few years. He's a transcendent player and he'll be the best player on the planet soon.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Powerhouse233 wrote:
The Greek Freak's ascension has been totally absurd, I don't know if I've ever seen a player improve this much over a few years. He's a transcendent player and he'll be the best player on the planet soon.

T-Mac from Toronto to Orlando.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen Home Run Inn Pizza
veganfan21 wrote:
Powerhouse233 wrote:

I don't think that was even as drastic. In T-Mac's final year in Toronto he was showing some major star potential. He was a game breaker on the defensive end, he was showing fine passing skills and elite athleticism. He just couldn't put up the big scoring numbers because he couldn't be ball dominant with another player like Carter on the floor. He was already showing great offensive talent though. The Greak Freek's transformation from an 18-19 year in 2013-14 season to now as a 22-23 year old in 2017-18 is just mind boggling and shocking.The physical transformation itself is incredible. He came into the league as a slight forward resembling Brandon Ingram and could be pushed around by other big players. Now a few years later not only has he grown from 6'9" to 6'11" but he's put on a shit ton of muscle and has sculpted his body. Now he's barreling down the lane a la LeBron. He's become a truly dominant player and he simply cannot be stopped when he's on the fastbreak or in the paint. He's also become a terrific defender, a great rebounder, an excellent facilitator and he has added an unstoppable turnaround mid range shot to his repertoire. I think he'll be the new face of the NBA in short amount of time.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Powerhouse233 wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Powerhouse233 wrote:

I don't think that was even as drastic. In T-Mac's final year in Toronto he was showing some major star potential. He was a game breaker on the defensive end, he was showing fine passing skills and elite athleticism. He just couldn't put up the big scoring numbers because he couldn't be ball dominant with another player like Carter on the floor. He was already showing great offensive talent though. The Greak Freek's transformation from an 18-19 year in 2013-14 season to now as a 22-23 year old in 2017-18 is just mind boggling and shocking.The physical transformation itself is incredible. He came into the league as a slight forward resembling Brandon Ingram and could be pushed around by other big players. Now a few years later not only has he grown from 6'9" to 6'11" but he's put on a shit ton of muscle and has sculpted his body. Now he's barreling down the lane a la LeBron. He's become a truly dominant player and he simply cannot be stopped when he's on the fastbreak or in the paint. He's also become a terrific defender, a great rebounder, an excellent facilitator and he has added an unstoppable turnaround mid range shot to his repertoire. I think he'll be the new face of the NBA in short amount of time.

KD said Freak could be the best ever. LTG's like "nah, Irving's got GOAT locked up."

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:46 pm 

Powerhouse233 wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Powerhouse233 wrote:

It's a good point regarding the physical transformation. I'm not sure anyone's had one quite like his.

I know I'm biased about Kawhi but I think his ascension from age 20 to 24 just as a basketball player is almost as impressive.

I think I would still take Ben Simmons over Freak going forward but it's so tough. I hope they both reach their potential(Giannis basically has although he can still improve some) and stay with their respective teams though.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:04 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
Powerhouse233 wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Powerhouse233 wrote:

KD said Freak could be the best ever. LTG's like "nah, Irving's got GOAT locked up."

Can he be GOAT if Jimmy Butler is better?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:20 am 

LTG I swear this ain’t a trick question - who’s better right now between Oladipo and George? I’m not talking age and potential and future and talent here. Just who would you rather have if you need to win a game tomorrow night?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:21 am 

long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Powerhouse233 wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Powerhouse233 wrote:

Can he be GOAT if Jimmy Butler is better?

Jordan’s the GOAT and it’s ridiculous to entertain the argument that anyone else is close. Magic has the closest argument/case to him and it falls pretty short still.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:24 am 

FavreFan wrote:
LTG I swear this ain’t a trick question - who’s better right now between Oladipo and George? I’m not talking age and potential and future and talent here. Just who would you rather have if you need to win a game tomorrow night?

I'd still have to go with George. Drive by Evaluations are faulty. I don't think that Oladipo will be able to keep this up for the entire year.

Paul George's biggest problem is that he has to play alongside Westbrook. Westbrook is a problem. I watched them play the other night and George looked completely disinterested out there. Convinced that he is leaving now. Wasn't earlier in the year.

There are 2 things that he currently is doing well 1. Defense. He and Robertson are the 2 main reasons that OKC's defense has been among the league leaders this season. He is still one helluva defender. 2. Shoot the three. 40% from 3 isn't too shabby.

It's hard to play with Westbrook. His ball dominant ways are one of the things hurting the team. Anthony has slipped some. You can see it when he tries to get separation on his shot. He has to resort to a lot of the things old man hoopers do in order to get separation (push off with the off arm). He isn't beating guys off the bounce at all. That used to be a staple of his game.

With George I just think he's disjointed from having to play with Westbrook. He shot 46% just last season. I still have faith that he will figure it out as the season goes along however.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
How can they not call a foul on Durant? What a fucking joke.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:18 pm 

Great finish in this rockets thunder game

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:46 pm 

I like the Players only thing
But them saying it constantly is getting very annoying

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:46 am 

My guy Rondo with 25 assists last night. Pretty solid.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:18 pm 

Rough start for LTG's Celtics so far

To rock my soul

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 548 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 19  Next