It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: NBA rookie thread
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
The real question is going to be, can Simmons and Fultz co-exist?

If Fultz sees himself as a PG, will we see an eventual Lebron vs Kyrie situation develop?

Either way, the Sixers are one of the more interesting teams to watch and follow these days. Just don't watch them on the second game of back to backs unless you don't mind not seeing Embid out there.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:48 pm 

IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
If he's so hurt to the point where he can't shoot jump shots because of it he needs to sit until he's healthy.

I like the fact that he is hooping. We complain when people are available to play and won't. Well he is available and playing. We bashed the hell out of Rose because he never played hurt. This guy does apparently.

This is WRONG.

We bashed Rose because he didn't play when healthy. Multiple doctors examined him and cleared him to play MONTHS before the season ended and he chose not to play during the season or postseason.

No doctor would state that Fultz is 100% healthy right now.

If you can play you play. He obviously can play but isn't 100%. He isn't hurting the team with his play. He isn't looking like a No.1 overall.

As far as Rose goes there were numerous people that said he couldn't go too.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
long time guy wrote:

Himself

His brother

His agent

His Adidas contact

Who else?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:52 pm 

IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Himself

His brother

His agent

His Adidas contact

Who else?

Sam Smith.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:52 pm 

CPD Official Educator Stance: "Just make it look like you're putting effort in."

long time guy wrote:
Sam Smith.

Do you not understand Sam Smith's job?! He is the PR writer and mouthpiece for the Bulls organization.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:58 pm 

Why should Fultz sit if he obviously has been cleared to play? Isn't that similar to what Rose experienced? He was cleared to play but didn't. Not exactly the same as being "100 % healthy".

Fultz has been cleared to play and is playing and FF is saying he should sit because he isn't 100 %.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:01 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Why should Fultz sit if he obviously has been cleared to play? Isn't that similar to what Rose experienced? He was cleared to play but didn't. Not exactly the same as being "100 % healthy".

Fultz has been cleared to play and is playing and FF is saying he should sit because he isn't 100 %.
IMU wrote:
CPD Official Educator Stance: "Just make it look like you're putting effort in."

long time guy wrote:
Sam Smith.

Do you not understand Sam Smith's job?! He is the PR writer and mouthpiece for the Bulls organization.

I find him more informative than any other writer when it comes to the Bulls. He has a pro management slant but he also is the one guy that provides info on the players. Cowley sits on those sorts of stories because he has a bias towards management. K.C. gives you nothing at all. Smith helps balance it out.

Last edited by long time guy on Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
i can't believe this discussion is actually happening. ltg, do you not see the difference here ??? wtf

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:02 pm 

I see Dr. Sam Smith for all my ailments

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Bagels wrote:
i can't believe this discussion is actually happening. ltg, do you not see the difference here ??? wtf

Yeah, this is a dumb discussion. I think LTG thinks we are criticizing Fultz or something here when that's not the case. If it hurts to lift your arm over your head you shouldn't be playing in an NBA game.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:05 pm 

Bagels wrote:

I'm still wondering why Fultz should sit if he has been cleared to play?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:05 pm 

long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:

IMU wrote:

long time guy wrote:
Sam Smith.

I find him more informative than any other writer when it comes to the Bulls. He has a pro management slant but he also is the one guy that provides info on the players. Cowley sits on those sorts of stories because he has a bias towards management. K.C. gives you nothing at all. Smith helps balance it out.

He doesn't have a pro management slant. He writes the articles they tell him to write. He hasn't been a "reporter" for years. Would you ask Apple's Chief Marketing Officer if you should buy Apple stock?

Last edited by IMU on Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
FavreFan wrote:
Bagels wrote:

Yeah, this is a dumb discussion. I think LTG thinks we are criticizing Fultz or something here when that's not the case. If it hurts to lift your arm over your head you shouldn't be playing in an NBA game.

Adam Silver and NBA Owners wrote:
Now, let's not get too unrea$onable here.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:08 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Bagels wrote:

He obviously was cleared or he wouldn't be playing. I think you're suggesting that he isn't all that hurt. That is what I'm taking from it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:10 pm 

IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:

IMU wrote:

long time guy wrote:
Sam Smith.

He doesn't have a pro management slant. He writes the articles they tell him to write. He hasn't been a "reporter" for years. Would you ask Apple's Chief Marketing Officer if you should buy Apple stock?

How do you know that? It's no different than Cowley writing article after article which promote positions advocated by Butler Thibs or Guillen.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:11 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Bagels wrote:

He obviously was cleared or he wouldn't be playing. I think you're suggesting that he isn't all that hurt. That is what I'm taking from it.

I'm not suggesting anything. I don't know shit about his injury. I'm saying you can't have it both ways. Either he's not all that hurt in which case hopefully he improves a lot, or he is significantly hurt in which case he shouldn't be playing.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:16 pm 

long time guy wrote:
IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:

IMU wrote:

long time guy wrote:
Sam Smith.

How do you know that? It's no different than Cowley writing article after article which promote positions advocated by Butler Thibs or Guillen.

Because Sam Smith works for the Chicago Bulls. How do you not know this?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:20 pm 

IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:
IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:

IMU wrote:

long time guy wrote:
Sam Smith.

Because Sam Smith works for the Chicago Bulls. How do you not know this?

Which means that he is privy to information regarding players that others aren't. I learn more from him about players than anyone else in this city. It's not even close. Cowley writes puff pieces in that regard and he also has been shown to fabricate stories because he is anti management. Smith balances that out.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
long time guy wrote:
Bagels wrote:

I guess the real question is, why has he been cleared to play if he can't lift his arm above his head without pain?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:24 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Bagels wrote:

I'm not suggesting anything. I don't know shit about his injury. I'm saying you can't have it both ways. Either he's not all that hurt in which case hopefully he improves a lot, or he is significantly hurt in which case he shouldn't be playing.

No one is having it both ways. You can't evaluate him as a player until he is able to shoot jump shots. I'm wondering why he should be bashed for playing if he has been cleared to play.

Rose was cleared and claimed that he didn't want to play because there were certain things he couldn't do. You're saying this kid shouldn't play because there are certain things he can't do. I'm wondering how that is really any different?

Last edited by long time guy on Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:26 pm 

shakes wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Bagels wrote:

I guess the real question is, why has he been cleared to play if he can't lift his arm above his head without pain?

Don't know but he may have an injury that Can t get much worse and probably will heal without surgery. Meantime he gets experience while he is rehabbing the injury.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:29 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Which means that he is privy to information regarding players that others aren't. I learn more from him about players than anyone else in this city. It's not even close. Cowley writes puff pieces in that regard and he also has been shown to fabricate stories because he is anti management. Smith balances that out.

You learn more about what management wants you to think about players. YOU are pro-management. Of course you'd think Sam Smith is correct and the other writers (read: everyone else) are wrong. If you could ask a Bulls player what they think of Sam Smith, they would tell you they treat him just like they treat the front office. Anything they say to him, they might as well be saying to Reinsdorf.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:29 pm 

long time guy wrote:
No one is having it both ways. You can't evaluate him as a player until he is able to shoot jump shots. I'm wondering why he should be bashed for playing if he has been cleared to play.

Nobody is bashing him. How do you not understand this? Either he's injured or he's not. If he can't shoot jump shots because of an injury he shouldn't be playing. Kawhi Leonard is my favorite player in the league but I would want him sitting too if he was so hurt that he couldn't shoot a basketball. This is a moronic discussion.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:35 pm 

IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:

You learn more about what management wants you to think about players. YOU are pro-management. Of course you'd think Sam Smith is correct and the other writers (read: everyone else) are wrong. If you could ask a Bulls player what they think of Sam Smith, they would tell you they treat him just like they treat the front office. Anything they say to him, they might as well be saying to Reinsdorf.

None of that matters if the stories happen to be true. Did Cowley ever write stories that weren't lauding Thibs Butler or Guillen?

You're obviously anti management and in your opinion they are the" worst managed team in the league". I'm sure that is your position even when there is mounting evidence to the contrary.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:38 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Nobody is bashing him. How do you not understand this? Either he's injured or he's not. If he can't shoot jump shots because of an injury he shouldn't be playing. Kawhi Leonard is my favorite player in the league but I would want him sitting too if he was so hurt that he couldn't shoot a basketball. This is a moronic discussion.

He hasn't played all that bad in spite of that. If he can be effective without being able to shoot then he should play. He can shoot a basketball by the way. He can t shoot long range jump shots. 8 to 10 feet looks fine.

It really isn't moronic as much as it's something you happen not to agree with. If he were too injured to play then he wouldn't play.

Last edited by long time guy on Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:39 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:

He hasn't played all that bad in spite of that. If he can be effective without being able to shoot then he should play. He can shoot a basketball by the way. He can t shoot long range jump shots. 8 to 10 feet looks fine.

He's looked pretty bad. He hasn't been effective. That's sort of the entire point of saying he should be sitting.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:43 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:

He's looked pretty bad. He hasn't been effective. That's sort of the entire point of saying he should be sitting.

He played well against Washington in the first game. Didn't look bad last night either. He looks like he will be able to defend and he can get in the lane pretty well. I like the fact the kid is playing hurt. A hurt Fultz is still better than T.J. McConnell. That may be why he is playing.

He is their only ball handler/playmaker if you discount Simmons. There isn't another guy that can break guys down besides he and Simmons.

Last edited by long time guy on Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:44 pm 

long time guy wrote:
IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:

None of that matters if the stories happen to be true. Did Cowley ever write stories that weren't lauding Thibs Butler or Guillen?

You're obviously anti management and in your opinion they are the" worst managed team in the league". I'm sure that is your position even when there is mounting evidence to the contrary.

I'm pro-winning and anti-losing. It doesn't tax me all that much to look at this team for the past 15 years and identify the weaknesses. Forman and Paxson have made too many bad moves. No front office should survive this many fuckups.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:47 pm 

IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:
IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:

I'm pro-winning and anti-losing. It doesn't tax me all that much to look at this team for the past 15 years and identify the weaknesses.

The Bulls have been a competitive team for the better part of 15 years. You supported the Cubs through the lean years and I'm sure you were all in on the plan. The Bulls have consistently put out a better product over the past 25 years.

Paxson was the GM that made the Bulls competitive again. He has made more good moves than bad throughout his tenure. I don't care for Forman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:50 pm 

long time guy wrote:

The Bulls have been a competitive team for the better part of 15 years. You supported the Cubs through the lean years and I'm sure you were all in on the plan. The Bulls have consistently put out a better product over the past 25 years.

Paxson was the GM that made the Bulls competitive again. He has made more good moves than bad throughout his tenure. I don't care for Forman

so what exactly is the Bulls plan ?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next