It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 42  Next
 Post subject: Re: Lonzo: Year 1
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
FavreFan wrote:
You know Hank's willfully avoiding working if he's posting in the nba forum.

:lol: :lol:

I don't think ltg is necessarily wrong about Ball.

But that column was horrible.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:26 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
long time guy wrote:
I can't remember you or others chiming him with "dumb as fuck" comments however.

Every post is a referendum on how the board treats you. If you weren't wrong so often and then stopped acting like a douche in your wrongness, people wouldn't feel the need to pile on. Just my $0.02. Keep calm and carry on.

To be honest it took a couple of years before I really made it an issue. If it were more subtle i probably would let it roll but its obvious at this point what it is. I think MANY are upset because I have the stones to make it an issue. Every thing is a discredit and dismiss as opposed to simply disagreeing. That guy's points were actually relevant. They were much more relevant than the posts of a person that continuously insists that a guy is playing great when the entire world is saying and seeing otherwise. You and others refuse to call him on it because he is probably your posting comrade. As such it is necessary to find that safe space which is me. To be honest I'm going to keep calling people on their bullshit. That won't stop.

I don't mind disagreement but that isn't what this is and it has never been that for some. There is a need to constantly dismiss and discredit that is a bit disturbing. To be frank I'd be wrong by continuing to ignore it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Terry's Peeps wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

LTG goes too extremes too much, and that's why he'll end up wrong on Ball. Not everybody in the league is a stud or stinks. Lots of average, decent players in between those two extremes.

I think LTG is correct that Ball will likely not end up justifying his draft position, but I also think he's going to be better than a "journeyman". I agree his teammate Kuzma is better now and will probably have a better career, but that's not even really an insult, Kuzma would be top 3 if ROY voting was held today. He's really damn good.

I'm not reading the article but I've said for years here that triple doubles are overrated. They are a byproduct of usage rate as much as talent.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
long time guy wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
long time guy wrote:
I can't remember you or others chiming him with "dumb as fuck" comments however.

Every post is a referendum on how the board treats you. If you weren't wrong so often and then stopped acting like a douche in your wrongness, people wouldn't feel the need to pile on. Just my $0.02. Keep calm and carry on.

To be honest it took a couple of years before I really made it an issue. If it were more subtle i probably would let it roll but its obvious at this point what it is. I think MANY are upset because I have the stones to make it an issue. Every thing is a discredit and dismiss as opposed to simply disagreeing. That guy's points were actually relevant. They were much more relevant than the posts of a person that continuously insists that a guy is playing great when the entire world is saying and seeing otherwise. You and others refuse to call him on it because he is probably your posting comrade. As such it is necessary to find that safe space which is me. To be honest I'm going to keep calling people on their bullshit. That won't stop.

I don't mind disagreement but that isn't what this is and it has never been that for some. There is a need to constantly dismiss and discredit that is a bit disturbing. To be frank I'd be wrong by continuing to ignore it.

Shakes is no one's comrade. I don't know if there is a poster on the board that he hasn't told to fuck off. I also don't know the current NBA at all... If game 7 of the finals was being played in my backyard, I'd close the blinds.

I'm addressing the larger fact that you are just a stubborn old douche that likes to play the victim card to defend your opinions. You could say the sky is purple and when you got called out you'd say "Sure, go ahead and pile on. Quite frankly that's all this board is capable of." A lot of your opinions are bad. You think the board piles on you but in reality its just that you're so bad that people cant help but say something.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:36 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

LTG goes too extremes too much, and that's why he'll end up wrong on Ball. Not everybody in the league is a stud or stinks. Lots of average, decent players in between those two extremes.

I think LTG is correct that Ball will likely not end up justifying his draft position, but I also think he's going to be better than a "journeyman". I agree his teammate Kuzma is better now and will probably have a better career, but that's not even really an insult, Kuzma would be top 3 if ROY voting was held today. He's really damn good.

I'm not reading the article but I've said for years here that triple doubles are overrated. They are a byproduct of usage rate as much as talent.

My assessment of him has factor in the hype surrounding him. He was billed as a transcendant talent. He was billed as the future of a once great franchise. The heir apparent to guys like Kobe Magic Kareem Shaq and Jerry West. He was supposed to be that guy. It doesn't look like he will ever be that. If he turns out to be a solid piece and not a rotation guy at best I'd be shocked. He has the look of a guy that will be on his 4th or 5th team by the time he is in his 6 to 7th year.

He has far too many holes in his game for him ever to be a great player.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:41 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Shakes is no one's comrade. I don't know if there is a poster on the board that he hasn't told to fuck off. I also don't know the current NBA at all... If game 7 of the finals was being played in my backyard, I'd close the blinds.

I'm addressing the larger fact that you are just a stubborn old douche that likes to play the victim card to defend your opinions. You could say the sky is purple and when you got called out you'd say "Sure, go ahead and pile on. Quite frankly that's all this board is capable of." A lot of your opinions are bad. You think the board piles on you but in reality its just that you're so bad that people cant help but say something.

I have been right on far more things than I have ever been wrong about. If you read this particular thread alone it would be obvious what I am talking about. This guy came on game after game and told the world how great the kid was playing and received minimal brushback for it. Can't let em know that you are agreeing with me about anything. Isn't that the standard play?

You claim to know little about basketball but you are expert enough to know that my "thoughts" are bad however. You don't recognize the contradiction in that particular statement? Basketball is really about the only thing that I post about these days yet you instinctively and reflexively know that my thoughts are bad? You wonder why I continue to reference bias as often as I do. If it weren't true I'd leave it alone.

Last edited by long time guy on Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:43 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

I have been right on far more things than I have ever been wrong about.

FavreFan vibe

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
long time guy wrote:

I have been right on far more things than I have ever been wrong about. If you read this particular thread alone it would be obvious what I am talking about. This guy came on game after game and told the world how great the kid was playing and received minimal brushback on it.

You claim to know little about basketball but you are expert enough to know that my "thoughts" are bad however. You don't recognize the contradiction in that particular statement? Basketball is really about the only thing that I post in these days yet you instinctively and reflexively know that my thoughts are bad? You wonder why I reference biases as much as often as I do.

:lol: No, you post about politics quite a bit and are pretty idiotic about that.

I don't care about Lonzo Ball. I just saw you make another dipshit "poor me" post and I was bored enough to respond. This might be one of the 2% of times you are actually right.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:45 pm 

long time guy wrote:
He has far too many holes in his game for him ever to be a great player.

They said the same thing about Kawhi Leonard his rookie year.

Said LTG take it slow
Ball will work his game out fine
All you need is just a little patience

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:46 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

The article made that same point. Somehow someway it was dumb as fuck. He made other relevant points too.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:47 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
long time guy wrote:

I have been right on far more things than I have ever been wrong about. If you read this particular thread alone it would be obvious what I am talking about. This guy came on game after game and told the world how great the kid was playing and received minimal brushback on it.

You claim to know little about basketball but you are expert enough to know that my "thoughts" are bad however. You don't recognize the contradiction in that particular statement? Basketball is really about the only thing that I post in these days yet you instinctively and reflexively know that my thoughts are bad? You wonder why I reference biases as much as often as I do.

:lol: No, you post about politics quite a bit and are pretty idiotic about that.

I don't care about Lonzo Ball. I just saw you make another dipshit "poor me" post and I was bored enough to respond. This might be one of the 2% of times you are actually right.

No my Trump the racist stuff was always on point.

There wasn't a reference to myself one time in the original post. I simply noted (quite correctly) that the other guy's "dumb as fuck" posts were completely disregarded. If you check this thread you'd see what I'm talking about.

I haven't really talked politics in months. I've taken a break from Trump.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:57 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
shakes wrote:
312player wrote:
shakes wrote:
312player wrote:
He's not worthy of a top 5 pick, I told you clowns this for 6 months. He's going to have to change his shot and get a much quicker release..He could have value if he shot 35% with a quicker release, I just don't think he's likely to change his mechanics after 20 years.

says the clown who only shows up when he has a bad game. Where was your post after the triple double last week?

LTG handles the day to day stuff. I never doubted his passing or rebounding skills..you gotta be an all around star to go #2...Magic really fucked up, Fox was a no brainer.

yea cause Fox is just lighting it up this year. Shooting under 40% as well.

Live I've said since June. It's going to take 2-3 years to fully evaluate the draft class, especially the guys who play PG, the hardest position to play in the NBA.

Fox v Ball tomorrow night

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:34 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
FavreFan wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
shakes wrote:
Clippers are still a playoff team

If Blake stays healthy they are.

Good call ! LMAO! 9 losses in a row!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:36 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
shakes wrote:

DB can make this post. You didn't say shit at the time so you cannot.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:38 pm 

You're not the judge around here..so yes, I can.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
boy the playoffs sure are starting pretty early this year !

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
FavreFan wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
shakes wrote:

DB can make this post. You didn't say shit at the time so you cannot.

Bob can't, but I can. I called it too...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:57 pm 

We ALL can laugh. Another terrible FF sports thought.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:01 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
We ALL can laugh. Another terrible FF sports thought.

Still mad I made you look silly on the Watson/(Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky comp?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:51 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
312player wrote:
shakes wrote:
312player wrote:
shakes wrote:
312player wrote:
He's not worthy of a top 5 pick, I told you clowns this for 6 months. He's going to have to change his shot and get a much quicker release..He could have value if he shot 35% with a quicker release, I just don't think he's likely to change his mechanics after 20 years.

says the clown who only shows up when he has a bad game. Where was your post after the triple double last week?

LTG handles the day to day stuff. I never doubted his passing or rebounding skills..you gotta be an all around star to go #2...Magic really fucked up, Fox was a no brainer.

yea cause Fox is just lighting it up this year. Shooting under 40% as well.

Live I've said since June. It's going to take 2-3 years to fully evaluate the draft class, especially the guys who play PG, the hardest position to play in the NBA.

Fox v Ball tomorrow night

Sac with the win, but Lonzo won the battle vs Fox. 11pts on 50% shooting to go along with 11 assists and 6 boards. Your boy fox with 13 pts on worse shooting, 4 boards 3 assists and more turnovers than assists. Was outplayed by his backup, second rounder Frank Mason.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:20 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Slight edge to ball, Fox looked a bit too amped up.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:16 pm 

Lonzo played well vs Golden State last night, 15 pts 10 assists, 2 turnovers. Shot well for most of the game, but missed his last couple shots. Played fantastic D on Curry and even Durant when he got switched onto him.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:48 am 

Rough back to back games for Lonzo.

Quote:
BLACK ADAM SCHEFTER‏ @B1ackSchefter

Lonzo Ball went OFF tonight against the Houston Rockets! Where tha haters at now????

22 minutes
2 points
0-4 FG
0-3 3pt
1 reb
3 asts

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:26 pm 

Rough back to back for the entire team.

Lonzo playing poorly, but it appears he might be hurt. Lots of talk about his calves bothering him and reports that he was close to being held out of the game last night.

Little early to hit the rookie wall, but he has been playing a lot of minutes compared to pretty much every other rookie in the league other than Simmons.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:35 pm 

How's this working out. This casually interested non observer wants to know

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:40 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
How's this working out. This casually interested non observer wants to know

Not well

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:14 am 

pizza_Place: My own
Lavar's 15 minutes might be coming to an end.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:24 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
storkinastorm wrote:

I think he was on CNN this morning? And he will, unfortunately, still be able to find himself in front of the media even if he can't do it at Staples.

I wish he was gone.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:27 am 

pizza_Place: My own
IMU wrote:
storkinastorm wrote:

I think he was on CNN this morning? And he will, unfortunately, still be able to find himself in front of the media even if he can't do it at Staples.

I wish he was gone.

I suppose as long as Lonzo's in the league, you're probably right. Even if he sucks, Lavar still has an "in" with the media.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 42  Next