It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:50 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 42  Next
 Post subject: Re: Lonzo: Year 1
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Not surprisingly the Lakers are epically bad without Lonzo. Losing every game by about 20 pts. All those Lakers players that everyone was raving bout earlier in the year, they've all gone to shit and been exposed as nothing more than ISO chuckers without Lonzo around to push the pace and get them the ball in favorable spots.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Caller Bob wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
shakes wrote:
Clippers are still a playoff team

If Blake stays healthy they are.

Good call ! LMAO! 9 losses in a row!

Caller Bob wrote:
We ALL can laugh. Another terrible FF sports thought.

Might be laughing too soon my friend.

Beverly out for the year. Gallinari, Blake, and Teodosic have all missed almost half the season, and they’re still sitting right there.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:52 pm 

http://lonzowire.usatoday.com/2018/01/03/thunders-paul-george-potential-future-lakers-star-lauds-lonzo-ball/

Paul George gets it. Not surprising since he's a professional basketball player who understands the game.

Some really strong praise there highlighted by this...

As far as basketball player he is, at his age, one of the best basketball players that has played this game

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
shakes wrote:
http://lonzowire.usatoday.com/2018/01/03/thunders-paul-george-potential-future-lakers-star-lauds-lonzo-ball/

Paul George gets it. Not surprising since he's a professional basketball player who understands the game.

As far as basketball player he is, at his age, one of the best basketball players that has played this game

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:49 pm 

Big Chicagoan wrote:
shakes wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Like I said, not everyone gets it. It's cool that you don't know basketball, there's other things to know in life.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Lonzo can def be good and impactful on any given game, but he hasn't learned consistently yet. Paul George on some crazy shit here tho. He's def going to Lakers.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:46 pm 

shakes wrote:
Not surprisingly the Lakers are epically bad without Lonzo. Losing every game by about 20 pts. All those Lakers players that everyone was raving bout earlier in the year, they've all gone to shit and been exposed as nothing more than ISO chuckers without Lonzo around to push the pace and get them the ball in favorable spots.

Or not.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Big Chicagoan wrote:
shakes wrote:

Or not.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

He was a -24 last night...worst on the team by a lot I think. But it was his first game back?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:43 pm 

Lonzo played well and shot well. Also had a highlight reel dunk and move on Kemba Walker.

Greg Popovich says plus minus is baloney, IMU swears by it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:56 pm 

shakes wrote:
Lonzo played well and shot well. Also had a highlight reel dunk and move on Kemba Walker.

Greg Popovich says plus minus is baloney, IMU swears by it.

And yet Gabe Farkas is a prominent member of the Spurs organization. Spurs and Pop use analytics more than anyone. They probably have their own proprietary stats since they track far more than ESPN or Basketball Reference does.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:13 am 

Another solid effort for Lonzo, 13 pts (5/13 shooting), 10 boards, 6 assists, 2 TO, 1 steal, Win.

Oh yea, he led all starters in IMU's favorite stat, but I'm sure he just forgot to post that this morning.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:35 pm 

shakes wrote:
Another solid effort for Lonzo, 13 pts (5/13 shooting), 10 boards, 6 assists, 2 TO, 1 steal, Win.

Oh yea, he led all starters in IMU's favorite stat, but I'm sure he just forgot to post that this morning.

I didn't watch or follow the game. Well done Lonzo. But let's just make sure it is known that he led the starters but was 5th on his team in +/-. Let's take a deeper look:

https://www.basketball-reference.com/bo ... 70LAL.html

Well, would you look at that, he was only a positive +/- when he shared the court with Kuzma, Nance and Clarkson. Players that were ALSO positive +/- when he wasn't on the floor with them. Very reasonable to understand that he was a positive +/- because of them, not they due to him.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:19 pm 

Like I said, only know nothing nerds who don't know shit about sports rely on +/-

-Popovich

On that note, someone better go back and change the narrative from last night's game. All the highlight shows talked about what a great game Brandon Ingram had, but clearly they didn't look closely at the all important +/- cause Ingram was even for the game despite his team winning with ease.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:03 pm 

shakes wrote:
Like I said, only know nothing nerds who don't know shit about sports rely on +/-

-Popovich

On that note, someone better go back and change the narrative from last night's game. All the highlight shows talked about what a great game Brandon Ingram had, but clearly they didn't look closely at the all important +/- cause Ingram was even for the game despite his team winning with ease.

Highlight shows appeal to the 'common' fan.

Popovich does nothing but provide cryptic responses and misleads media / etc. If you take him for his word, while Gabe Farkas is employed by the Spurs...well, let's just say you are gullible.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:09 am 

Another fantastic game for Lonzo, carried his team to victory. It's amazing to see how much better this team is when Lonzo is on the floor.

Only 5 points on 2-10 shooting, but 11 boards, 11 assists, 1 turnover and 5 steals and a block. AND OMG HE WUZ +33 IN A 12 POINT WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!!!!!!!!!

Played much better than Fox who scored a few points, but did literally nothing else to help his team and WUZ A MINUS 25!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:16 am 

shakes wrote:
Another fantastic game for Lonzo, carried his team to victory. It's amazing to see how much better this team is when Lonzo is on the floor.

Only 5 points on 2-10 shooting, but 11 boards, 11 assists, 1 turnover and 5 steals and a block. AND OMG HE WUZ +33 IN A 12 POINT WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!!!!!!!!!

Played much better than Fox who scored a few points, but did literally nothing else to help his team and WUZ A MINUS 25!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm fine with you criticizing +/-. But with each post you make referencing it, you will see how connected it is to good performance versus bad performance. He had a good game. You can live with the bad shooting, just like you can with several other PG in the league.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:05 pm 

This thread is a perfect illustration of guys being called out for bullshit thoughts. Its safe to say that the rackety old doors at the Old McVickers movie theater wouldn't necessarily be in any danger from the amount of smoke being blown in this thread. Last Night's game had much more to do with the performance of guys that are routinely bashed in this thread (Lopez) (Ingram) (Randle) than it did Lonzo Ball. It is no coincidence that this latest resurgence coincided with their return to the lineup. This kid isn't going to even make the first team all rookie and may struggle to make 2nd team all rookie yet after each and game we are reminded of how great he is doing.

This is trapezing into Trump territory in terms of delusional thoughts and opinions. Cue the assassine. His 5 points (2 of which were due to a bullshit tip in) will probably go down as the greatest 5 points in the history of 5 points. Jayson Tatum who I believed to be the best rookie in last year's draft is a much better player than Lonzo Ball. Ball has been a little better lately but there still isn't any thing in his recent performances to suggest that we are looking at the "next great thing".

As far as passes go this thread is illustrative of the subjective nature in which "assanine thoughts" are generally assessed. If another guy (One in which the herd didn't particularly like) had been repeatedly spewing such bullshit they'd have been crucified by now.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:11 pm 

The board is very obviously split on how Lonzo Ball is viewed. I don't exactly see your point. Read this thread. Does it seem like we're all buddy buddy? I met shakes once, for a period of no more than 20 minutes. He thinks I hate Jews. Pretty sure no one is giving anyone a pass.

Lonzo Ball had a good game last night. He has had a few good games. He has had some bad games. We've seen rookies with bad games and bad rookie seasons become decent players in this league. One of those is the Bulls' 2017-18 starting PG. You are just trying to find excuses as to why people shit on your dumb ass thoughts. You aren't ostracized because you haven't met anyone. You're criticized because you post crazy shit.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:22 pm 

Don't have to go game by game but do the research (or don't) He was outscored 32 to 0 in a game and we were told that he played well. When he doesn't do shit it's the ball stopping teammates. He hasn't performed well this year overall. If a person had to venture between whether he is a bust or a star he still trends more towards bust. His shooting percentages were at historic lows throughout much of the year yet we were bombarded with a steady stream of how great he played.

A person can tell you anything but the proof is in the posting. I don't think there has been one post informing this guy as to the amount of shit that he is full of with stuff. If there has I have missed it and he definitely hasn't been subjected to the "If you make up shityou are going to be hit over the head for it" treatment. Blow smoke up another person's ass with that one.

There has been disagreement but it hasn't been much and it has tended to be extremely respectful for the most part. I say respectful relative to the level of Bullshit spewed.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:33 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Don't have to go game by game but do the research (or don't) He was outscored 32 to 0 in a game and we were told that he played well. When he doesn't do shit it's the ball stopping teammates. He hasn't performed well this year overall. If a person had to venture between whether he is a bust or a star he still trends more towards bust. His shooting percentages were at historic lows throughout much of the year yet we were bombarded with a steady stream of how great he played.

A person can tell you anything but the proof is in the posting. I don't think there has been one post informing this guy as to the amount of shit that he is full of with stuff. If there has I have missed it and he definitely hasn't been subjected to the "If you make up shityou are going to be hit over the head for it" treatment. Blow smoke up another person's ass with that one.

There has been disagreement but it hasn't been much and it has tended to be extremely respectful for the most part. I say respectful relative to the level of Bullshit spewed.

You need to review the board history of shakes vs IMU, or shakes vs others. It exists.

I think shakes is wrong in his evaluation of Lonzo Ball. That evidence is located in this thread. But I don't think he is off his rocker. Lonzo could be a slightly better Rubio. That plays in this league. But yes, this season, he simply a league average player. His BPM and VORP (I know you hate these) show as much. When he is on the court, his team outscores the other team by 0.5 points per 100 possessions. Conversely, you weight scoring above all else, so you undervalue Lonzo. Kris Dunn, last season, shot the ball only marginally better than Lonzo this season.

I don't know who told you Lonzo played great in the game he scored 0, I don't remember which game that was. But it wasn't me.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:36 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
One of the best articles that I've read on Ball.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/lonz ... mitations/

And it just happens to support your side of the argument. What a coincidence!

You didn't expect my source to be an ESPN writer did you? They sold their collective souls a while ago when it comes to ball.

Remember when I stated that ESPN was all in on the hype?

Interesting that Stan Van Gundy and Rick Carlisle (among others) seem to agree.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:41 pm 

IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:

You need to review the board history of shakes vs IMU, or shakes vs others. It exists.

I think shakes is wrong in his evaluation of Lonzo Ball. That evidence is located in this thread. But I don't think he is off his rocker. Lonzo could be a slightly better Rubio. That plays in this league. But yes, this season, he simply a league average player. His BPM and VORP (I know you hate these) show as much. When he is on the court, his team outscores the other team by 0.5 points per 100 possessions. Conversely, you weight scoring above all else, so you undervalue Lonzo. Kris Dunn, last season, shot the ball only marginally better than Lonzo this season.

I don't know who told you Lonzo played great in the game he scored 0, I don't remember which game that was. But it wasn't me.

He can be slightly better than Rubio but that isn't "great". We are bombarded with a steady stream of his greatness (and conversely how wrong people are about him) without little to no rebuke. I don't know about the history of other stuff but it is fairly obvious to me at least that he has received a pass for such inane thoughts. 312 is about the only guy that I can remember (besides me) that has really called it for the B.S. that this happens to be. Big Chicagoan has dissented but he has been mostly respectful.

No one knows what he will be in the future. He could be great. He isn't now however and to consistently be reminded of it after each and every game without so much as a retort in most cases says a lot about so called board credibility.

In my opinion everyone should be fair game. If you say stupid stuff you should be hammered. If not hammered then there should be dissent. This isn't practiced however.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:44 pm 

long time guy wrote:
IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:

He can be slightly better than Rubio but that isn't "great". We are bombarded with a steady stream of his greatness (and conversely how wrong people are about him) without little to no rebuke. I don't know about the history of other stuff but it is fairly obvious to me at least that he has received a pass for such inane thoughts. 312 is about the only guy that I can remember (besides me) that has really called it for the B.S. that this happens to be. Big Chicagoan has dissented but he has been mostly respectful.

No one knows what he will be in the future. He could be great. He isn't now however and to consistently be reminded of it after each and every game without so much as a retort in most cases says a lot about so called board credibility.

You seem to be forgetting that I was all on board with the MCW comparisons, introducing it to the board in this very thread. You agreed with me. I agreed with you.

IMU wrote:
I've never seen LTG school any one this badly, let alone resident NBA expert FavreFan. What a friday!

You seem to be conveniently forgetting that not everyone ALWAYS disagrees with you. And there were several people calling shakes out as being crazy in his love for Lonzo.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:51 pm 

This isn't about disagreeing with me. It may seem that way but it isn't. I'm just voicing an opinion. Nothing about Ball's performance this season suggests "greatness". He really hasn't been called on it. Check the thread. This is bordering on Trump level delusional at this point.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:00 pm 

IMU'S OFFICIAL STANCE ON LONZO BALL SEASON-TO-DATE: NOT GREAT

Are you happy?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:03 pm 

The only Lonzo apologist on this board seems to be Shakes.

I agree he seems like he will be a solid pro but not a game changer.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:04 pm 

And yet the point is still conveniently missed.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:09 pm 

conns7901 wrote:

He gets a pass on being an apologist though. It is difficult not to see that he isn't that great but why do idiotic comments go unabated? Has there been a sig? ?Where are the gifmeisters that are right there for you in other instances? Has anything been bumped in conjunction with the crap this often spewed with regard to Ball's performance? He has been given a pass.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:11 pm 

Shakes is just trolling, at this point.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
long time guy wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

He gets a pass on being an apologist though. It is difficult not to see that he isn't that great but why do idiotic comments go unabated? Has there been a sig? ?Where are the gifmeisters that are right there for you in other instances? Has anything been bumped in conjunction with the crap this often spewed with regard to Ball's performance? He has been given a pass.

You're simply not reading the thread. You're too interested in playing the victim. It's sad.

Shakes is far from the most liked poster here, and several people in this thread have criticized his Lonzo thoughts. Even I have! And I am probably the 2nd biggest Lonzo fan on the board behind shakes. I think he's already good and think he's going to be very good. And yet, I still repeatedly tell shakes he's too over the top in his love of Lonzo. If you don't believe me, simply ask him or read the thread. I won't even ask for an apology.

To rock my soul

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 42  Next