It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:06 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 42  Next
 Post subject: Re: Lonzo: Year 1
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
He is doing such great things yet he isn't going to make first team all rookie.

Yes he is.

The rest of your post is nonsense as usual.

Do you want to place a bet on whether he makes first team all rookie?

Sure. $50 sound good?

Works for me. I like winning your dough.

:lol:

You haven't won anything from me yet.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:34 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Simmons and Donovon Mitchell are locks for the first team, obviously. My guess would be the other three would be Lonzo, Tatum, and Markkanen. Dennis Smith Jr is the only one who I could see taking the other guard spot over Lonzo, but I don't think he will. Don't think Kuzma can beat out Tatum or Markkanen for a first team spot either.

Simmons
Tatum
Markkanen
Kuzma
Mitchell are locks barring injury

Dennis Smith was injured or else he'd get the nod over the overrated Ball. This one is just too easy.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:41 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Simmons and Donovon Mitchell are locks for the first team, obviously. My guess would be the other three would be Lonzo, Tatum, and Markkanen. Dennis Smith Jr is the only one who I could see taking the other guard spot over Lonzo, but I don't think he will. Don't think Kuzma can beat out Tatum or Markkanen for a first team spot either.

Simmons
Tatum
Markkanen
Kuzma

Dennis Smith was injured or else he'd get the nod over the overrated Ball. This one is just too easy.

Simmons and Mitchell are the only locks right now. It's funny you think the entire five are locks at midseason though.

Dennis Smith Jr has played 37 games, and Lonzo has played 36 games :lol: Lonzo is the better player also.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:43 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Simmons
Tatum
Markkanen
Kuzma

Simmons and Mitchell are the only locks right now. It's funny you think the entire five are locks at midseason though.

Dennis Smith Jr has played 37 games, and Lonzo has played 36 games :lol: Lonzo is the better player also.

They are all better players and will be going forward.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:51 pm 

You can simply chalk this one up to the growing list of things that you are wrong about.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:53 pm 

long time guy wrote:
You can simply chalk this one up to the growing list of things that you are wrong about.

A few minutes ago you thought Dennis Smith had played less games than Lonzo due to injury. Might want to wait a bit before talking about who's right and wrong.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:55 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:

A few minutes ago you thought Dennis Smith had played less games than Lonzo due to injury. Might want to wait a bit before talking about who's right and wrong.

There you go lying again. I stated that he has been injured. You can infer from that what you wish.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:02 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:

There you go lying again. I stated that he has been injured. You can infer from that what you wish.

I didn’t lie. We can all go read your post again.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Big Chicagoan wrote:
shakes wrote:
Is the counter argument that the Lakers players do not get worse when Lonzo is off the court?

I'd love to hear any evidence that supports that.

No one is arguing that. The way you talk about him, you must think he's a top 10 player in the league.

He's been good. He may continue to be good. The problem for him, for the rest of his career, he will never be good enough to overcome his father and lame family. That's not his fault, but it is unfortunately his cross to bear. I don't expect him to be on the Lakers more than a couple of seasons unless he grows a pair of testicles and tells his family to stop riding his coattails. But, based on his personality, I don't think anyone expects that to happen.

Lots of people here think he sucks. Not just sucks but sucks at an epic level and won't be in the league in 3 years. That's why I defend him so hard. I think he's great and will be a great player, but I definitely don't put him anywhere near top 10 or even all star yet. As long as the shot continues to improve he'll reach stardom.

I don't agree with your stance regarding his father and family and now it affects him, but I also don't really care about or pay attention to that aspect of Lonzo. I only care about what he does on the court. I appreciate that you agree that he's been good. I'll take you off my list of Lonzo haters to kill.

If you or anyone wants to hate on Lonzo for his dad and brothers I'm not gonna argue against that. It's when people hate on Lonzo because of his game that I get rightfully pissed.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:06 pm 

FavreFan wrote:

Wrong again. All Rookie teams aren't selected based upon position.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:08 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

All that means is that Lonzo has an even better shot at making it. Thanks for the free money.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:18 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

All that means is that Lonzo has an even better shot at making it. Thanks for the free money.

Nice deflection but if you really believed that you wouldn't have used the other assertion as a basis for argument. Sounds like you double tricked yourself. :lol: :lol: Even with the position argument it would have been difficult. Guys like Fox and Smith probably take him. If Tatum is the 2 he definitely takes him. Ball's only chance is for the hype to push him through. Unlikely since most people consider him to be a bust. Easy money.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:21 pm 

If you think Fox has been a better player than Lonzo this year then just find a new sport man. Basketball isn't for you.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:23 pm 

Unless there's some sort of season-ending injury very soon, Ball will make the All-Rookie team on hype alone. Do you think talent or stats actually matter about "All-" teams?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:24 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
Unless there's some sort of season-ending injury very soon, Ball will make the All-Rookie team on hype alone. Do you think talent or stats actually matter about "All-" teams?

He won't make First Team All Rookie.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:26 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
If you think Fox has been a better player than Lonzo this year then just find a new sport man. Basketball isn't for you.

Considering your thoughts on Noel and Lauri Markennan among others its safe to say if basketball is your sport then its ok for it to be mine also.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:28 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Considering your thoughts on Noel and Lauri Markennan among others its safe to say if basketball is your sport then its ok for it to be mine also.

You're confusing predictions with opinions. There's no shame in being wrong about someone you've never seen play pro ball before. But we've seen a half season of these guys. Lonzo has been unequivocally better than Fox in that half season. Lonzo is better at every single facet of the game except scoring, and Fox isn't even good at that yet either. If you can't see that, you clearly don't have a firm grasp on what you're watching.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:29 pm 

At least I'm getting a $150 return for all the time spent this season correcting ltg.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:30 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
At least I'm getting a $150 return for all the time spent this season correcting ltg.

So you're getting paid about $1/hour? Seems like a bad return on constantly having to correct a fool.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:36 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

You're confusing predictions with opinions. There's no shame in being wrong about someone you've never seen play pro ball before. But we've seen a half season of these guys. Lonzo has been unequivocally better than Fox in that half season. Lonzo is better at every single facet of the game except scoring, and Fox isn't even good at that yet either. If you can't see that, you clearly don't have a firm grasp on what you're watching.

You saw Noel play and you were sure about Markannen too. If your Markannen prediction would have held up you no doubt would have been chest thumping. Even after seeing Markannen play you continued to bash and profess doubts about him.

Noel was in the league for 3 years and you still thought something was there.

You were wrong about Giannis and Butler too. You fell back on "at the time" once it couldn't be disputed any longer. Fact was when I stated he was better he was actually better. That is why he finished higher on the all NBA team. Now there is simply no doubt.

When it comes to the wrong quotient you tend to get a number of things wrong. Wouldn't be so quick to throw the nonsense label around with that being the case.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:36 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

So you're getting paid about $1/hour? Seems like a bad return on constantly having to correct a fool.

Is that why you never correct Walt?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:37 pm 

I still think Noel can play. It just won't happen in Dallas. Carlisle has buried other guys like Rondo on the bench when they could still play. You can't still be talking up Okafor and also try to take shots at Noel. Pick a lane on that one. Either both suck and are terrible or both might still be alright in the right situation.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:46 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
I still think Noel can play. It just won't happen in Dallas. Carlisle has buried other guys like Rondo on the bench when they could still play. You can't still be talking up Okafor and also try to take shots at Noel. Pick a lane on that one. Either both suck and are terrible or both might still be alright in the right situation.

Okafor is better. Period. He played behind an All Star and franchise player. Noel was benched for D Leaguers and 2nd Round picks. Journeyman. This after being touted as the key to the future.

Okafor has been a much better pro to date.

I am extracting him from this particular argument. Just because you like Noel doesn't mean that he is good. You tend to do that quite a bit. "He is my guy and as such that makes him something special". You are doing with Ball now. Noel blows too and will probably be out the league in 2 years. He is that bad.

Okafor had 17 points in 12 minutes of action last week. Everyone knows he can score. He has been able to do that since day 1. You are still hoping that Noel will be a rotation player after 4 going on 5 years in the league. There isn't a comparison.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Too bad he can't play more than 12 minutes bc he's lazy and out of shape

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:17 pm 

Bagels wrote:
Too bad he can't play more than 12 minutes bc he's lazy and out of shape

Wrong

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:36 pm 

long time guy wrote:

Okafor is better. Period. He played behind an All Star and franchise player. N

He's playing behind Tyler Zeller you fucking clown :lol:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:48 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Okafor is better. Period. He played behind an All Star and franchise player. N

He's playing behind Tyler Zeller you fucking clown :lol:

And Nerlens Noel wasn't playing at all prior to the injury. Look at the guys he was playing behind. He also has been on his team longer.

You are trying to keep the link going because its your only card to play.

No one besides you thinks Noel is better. No one. Okafor played behind Embiid.

If i didn't have two other bets i'd take action on him starting before the year is out.

Noel doesn't even play. He is done as a player. He is destined to be a journeyman at best. You said 10 to 12 as a starter.

The next time you seek to question anyone about what they do or don't know you might want to remember that.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:28 pm 

long time guy wrote:

No one besides you thinks Noel is better.

You like to do the "nobody but you thinks this" argument but the funny thing is you're wrong constantly when you say that. There are a lot of people who would still take Noel over Okafor. Noel can't play much offense, but he can defend really well and can rebound decently. Okafor has some post moves, but he's the worst defensive big guy in the league, can't rebound, and can't pass. Noel can still develop into a decent player. Look at him vs a young Tyson Chandler

https://www.basketball-reference.com/pl ... s-per_game

We'll know more when he leaves the Mavs(might be traded to the Suns for Monroe) and gets another opportunity. Once you get in Carlisle's doghouse you don't get out. It's one of his only flaws as a coach, IMO.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:18 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:

No one besides you thinks Noel is better.

You like to do the "nobody but you thinks this" argument but the funny thing is you're wrong constantly when you say that. There are a lot of people who would still take Noel over Okafor. Noel can't play much offense, but he can defend really well and can rebound decently. Okafor has some post moves, but he's the worst defensive big guy in the league, can't rebound, and can't pass. Noel can still develop into a decent player. Look at him vs a young Tyson Chandler

https://www.basketball-reference.com/pl ... s-per_game

We'll know more when he leaves the Mavs(might be traded to the Suns for Monroe) and gets another opportunity. Once you get in Carlisle's doghouse you don't get out. It's one of his only flaws as a coach, IMO.

Do you actually watch basketball or do you simply post about basketball? Noel stinks. He was out of the rotation in Dallas just like he was out of the rotation in Philly. He was sitting behind 2 G League guys that everyone knows aren't part of their future.

There simply isn't a market for a skinny center with no game. There is nothing that Noel can do offensively and he really isn't impactful defensively. Too light in the ass. Nothing more than a rim runner.

Now it is Carlisle's fault because he can't play. Someone will sign him next year and figure out the same thing. 6'11 guys with High school frames and High School games don't have value in today's NBA.

At least Okafor is getting minutes and playing behind 2 first rounders.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:55 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Man, I really wanted to believe in Okafor. He's like the second coming of Alaa. Wait till he tries to check into a game without his shorts on.

Duke's basketball training looks worse by the year.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 42  Next