It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 6:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
He's an absolute bust with as high as he was taken.

He's a journeyman PG who can be a nice role player but that's as his ceiling.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
I kinda like him

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:44 pm 

Bagels wrote:
I kinda like him

Well now that about settles it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:31 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
312player wrote:
Time to take the L on this FF, I know Shakes won't post in here.. he abandoned this MFer faster than that Italian cruise boat captain.

Last night-

Lonzo- 27 minutes, 2 points, 2 assists, 4 rebounds on 1-11 shooting.

New shit my dick, this guy sucks.

I finally gave up on him a couple weeks ago. I'll take the L on this guy. He is not the same person I fell in basketball love with at UCLA. My plan was to always give him 3 years to see how he develops, but I've seen more than enough.

The funny thing is Lonzo's biggest problem by far is something that NO ONE has every brought up. Lonzo's biggest fault as a basketball player and the one thing that has prevented him from becoming a good player is that simply put, Lonzo Ball does not know how to slow down on the basketball court. He plays at one speed and one speed only...as fast as he can. It works in the open court transition game where his passing and vision are elite. But, in the half court he has no fucking idea what to do and it's all because he can't slow down.

He has no concept of changing speeds, hesitation, feints, etc. Lonzo can beat his man off the dribble because he is very fast with the ball, but once he gets past the initial guy his only move is to keep going on the exact same trajectory until he gets to the rim. In the NBA that doesn't work. You can't just beat your man at the 3point line and continue to the bucket without encountering a ton of help defense. Lonzo doesn't understand this. He has no concept of faking one way and going another or hesitating and letting the defense make the first move and then reacting and changing his path to the hoop.

The other day vs Dallas he had two semi open breaks to the hoop where the only person back on D was Luka, not exactly a rim protector. On both occasions Lonzo went full speed to the right side of the rim and had to bail out on even taking a shot because his path was so predictable that even Luka was able to successfully stop him from even threatening the rim. If he had given Luka even a simple up fake he would've lost him for sure and probably had a dunk. 95% of NBA players would've had a dunk or at least an easy lay up in that scenario.

This lack of ability to get to the hole has infected the rest of his game. It's the reason he just stands outside hoisting 3's all game...because he is scared to go inside and look like a fool. And when he does drive he is only looking to dish which is very predictable especially on lob attempts. his 3 ball has actually gotten a lot better, but it's still not good. As an athlete and former PG, it disgusts me to see him shoot 8-10 3s per night while much better shooters on his team get half as many. He needs to stop fucking shooting so much. He should never shoot more than 5 per night. If I was the coach I would've benched his ass by now several times. He also loves trying 3 points shots way above his pay grade. Step back 3s, contested 28 footers...and a whole bunch of these early in the shot clock.

At the end of the day he's just a very scared player out there who lacks self-awareness and plays like an idiot. I'm done with him. I've moved on. My dance card is full with Trae and Luka, plus Ja whenever he comes back.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Sounds like Lonzo Ball could've used another year or two at the college level, or overseas.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:03 pm 

Hussra wrote:
Sounds like Lonzo Ball could've used another year or two at the college level, or overseas.

why? He never learned how to do this basic stuff in the 15 years he's played basketball, why would he magically learn it if he was in college instead of the NBA?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:20 pm 

Less pressure to perform in college vs NBA? Failure's less costly in college, so you're more willing to alter your game. Longer off-season to work on different aspects of your game. Maybe that's not as likely to happen at a predominantly one-and-done program vs 3/4 year player program, e.g., Izzo.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
312player wrote:
he abandoned this MFer faster than that Italian cruise boat captain

:lol:

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:23 pm 

Hussra wrote:
Less pressure to perform in college vs NBA? Failure's less costly in college, so you're more willing to alter your game. Longer off-season to work on different aspects of your game. Maybe that's not as likely to happen at a predominantly one-and-done program vs 3/4 year player program, e.g., Izzo.

these guys work on their games non stop no matter if they are in college or pros.

If he was in college if anything it would've made things worse as his superior speed would've masked many of these glaring errors in his game.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:49 am 

looking at the track record of players who did one year of college and then went pro in the NBA....it's not good. They struggle to even make all-star teams, let alone win titles. Only 9? out of over 100 one-and-done draftees over the last 13 years have made at least one all-star game. These are lifelong can't miss prospects who somehow are missing once they get to the next level.

while non-one-and-done guys like Steph Curry, Klay Thompson, Draymond Green, Kawhi Leondard win ring after ring. Curry/Thompson are particularly instructive. Both legacy NBA prospects who could've entered the draft after 1 or 2 years, chose to stay for 3 years. Their NBA savvy parents might've given them some good advice (in addition to the financial resources that allowed them to remain quasi-amateur in college).

Which one year of college and done players have won NBA titles as starters? Durant had to latch onto Curry/Thompson/Draymond's jersey-tails to win a title. K-Love and Kyrie don't win without LeBron.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:49 am 

There were 9 one and Dones in last year's All Star game alone. That figure is way off.

Lonzo's biggest problem is that he was miscast as a franchise guy.

He isn't nearly skilled enough offensively to carry a team on his back. He shoots poorly from 3 has no mid range game and can't finish at the rim. His handle is mediocre and he lacks the speed to simply blow by people. Even his vaunted passing ability was oversold.

His best attribute is that he is 6'6.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:44 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
what's uglier: lonzo or his jump shot?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:21 pm 

sinicalypse wrote:
what's uglier: lonzo or his jump shot?

his jump shot has actually improved and looks a lot better this year. And according to my wife, he's a good looking guy.

This is the first post of yours that I've ever read since it's not 7 paragraphs long. You made a terrible first impression.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:51 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Demoted to the bench

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:20 am 

312player wrote:
Demoted to the bench

312 this "Bud's for You"

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Ltg gets so dug in on certain topics it's impossible to discuss anything related to that topic with him. It appears Lonzo is now one of those topics.

This is the Lonzo thread after all. If Lonzo Ball's name was Jerian Grant and played for the Bulls we'd be bashing the hell out of him with those stats and that level of play. It seems that some are willing to look for any glimmer of hope in order to justify the hyperbole.

I left the Ball stuff alone earlier because i didn't think much about it or him. Never saw NBA superstar or even All Star. I saw a likely bust. Definitely aint a "stud". He has the look of a journeyman more than anything else. Once the hype dies down he will be in trouble.

You seem like you want in on the Ball hype. Have at it and be sure to bump the posters willing to admit they are wrong thread in a couple of years.

The first part of your post is wrong. Those of us watching the games would be thrilled to have someone with Lonzo's potential on the Bulls. Why would I be bashing him? Rondo is one of my favorite players ever.

I'm not "in" or out on the Lonzo hype. I didn't have a strong opinion either way. So far he's obviously struggling a lot to score but I like everything else I see.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:26 am 

Oh My!

Walt Williams Neck wrote:
a whole lotta hot garbage and the Bulls passed over Smith :roll:

long time guy wrote:
Stick to the script. Summer League doesn't matter remember. That is until it does apparently

FavreFan wrote:
Many people has Smith as potentially the best player in the draft before Summer League. There seemed to be close to a concensus that he was the steal of the draft.

If Summer league means a lot why are you still so reluctant to admit you were wrong about Lonzo?

long time guy wrote:
I still think he will be a bust. Some of the stuff from the summer league was hype related. He shot a terrible percentage from 3. Shot more airballs than anyone in the Summer League and his defense was porous. He passed the ball very well. I gave him credit for that. There are still holes in his game that need to be corrected before I'm ready to adjust what I said. thought. Of the three guys that I wanted to see him play against he caught a break against 2 and left injured against the 3rd. He played well against Smith but he also showed he couldn't guard him.

Have you come out and said you were wrong about Markannen?

FavreFan wrote:
Why would I say I was wrong about Markannen? He hasn't played a game yet. I think summer league is meaningless, you don't. That's obviously the difference.

long time guy wrote:
Might want to think again.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:22 am 

Did I speak too soon giving up on this guy?

Had a great game last night, 27/10/8 on good shooting. 7/12 from 3.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:42 pm 

Looks like I inspired Lonzo with my post cause he's been playing really well the last couple weeks. Been arguably the best player on the team during that span and team has been winning.

Word is Zion will be back this month. Very much looking forward to finally seeing Lonzo and Zion play together.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
shakes wrote:
Looks like I inspired Lonzo with my post cause he's been playing really well the last couple weeks. Been arguably the best player on the team during that span and team has been winning.

Word is Zion will be back this month. Very much looking forward to finally seeing Lonzo and Zion play together.

All these ups and downs are not healthy for you.

Just cement this once and for all: where is his place in the NBA? Backup PG on a good team / starting PG on a bad team?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:45 pm 

IMU wrote:
shakes wrote:

All these ups and downs are not healthy for you.

Just cement this once and for all: where is his place in the NBA? Backup PG on a good team / starting PG on a bad team?

Im watching him tonight for the first time in a month and he looks like he matured about 5 years in that time. I've always said it's gonna take 3 years of him in the NBA for him to start to show what he is. He's in year 3 now, but not really since he spent so much time injured the first 2. I'm very excited to see how he develops now that he appears to have all of the sudden moved up a couple steps in terms of development.

Coming into tonight's game he is averaging 25 in his past 3 while shooting 55%. has 6 turnovers in that stretch. Tonight he's up against hottest team in the league Utah and so far at halftime he has 12/7/3 on good shooting. But, what is most impressive is he had a driving left hand layup in the half court and finished with ease and then also backed in and posted up a smaller guard and scored on a nice turnaround jumper. He sure didn't have that in his game a month ago.

Can't wait to see him and Zion together.

As for his place in the NBA, who knows? Right now he's a starting PG on a team trying to make the playoffs in the West. A month ago he was a guy trying to stay in the rotation on a bottom of the West team.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Might have to edit the thread title again.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:40 am 

Kendrick Perkins a bigger man than LTG

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:43 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Kendrick Perkins is bigger than a lot of us.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:45 pm 

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/with-a-new-shot-and-a-new-aggression-lonzo-ball-is-quietly-becoming-the-player-he-was-always-supposed-to-be

I always said it would take him 3 years to figure out the NBA. Well, except for back in December when i said he sucked. Can't wait to see him and Zion together.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:50 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's

He was 2-9 last night, that's 8 points in 34 minutes. Couple nights before that he was 2-12 for 5 points in 42 minutes.

He's shoofi39% for the year..he sucks.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:50 pm 

312player wrote:

He was 2-9 last night, that's 8 points in 34 minutes. Couple nights before that he was 2-12 for 5 points in 42 minutes.

As soon as he one good game No Great Shakes (accompanied by his merry men) will be along to tell the world how great he is again.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:11 am 

Stacey King is a fan, spent the entire game praising Lonzo.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:48 am 

Lonzo having a pretty good week....

26/5/8 on 9/12 shooting to go along with 3 steals and a block Tuesday.

25/11/6 with 7/11 from 3 to go along with 2 steals a block Wednesday. Also played really good D on Luka whenever they were matched up.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
long time guy wrote:
312player wrote:

As soon as he one good game No Great Shakes (accompanied by his merry men) will be along to tell the world how great he is again.

I'm out.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:52 pm 

Walt Williams Neck wrote:
long time guy wrote:
312player wrote:

Would you get a load of Bandwagon Bart as once again he proceeds to ride more coattails than Columbo. He's had three years to let the world know about his affinity for Lonzo and No Great Shakes apparently, yet takes today of all days to chime in. A rusted can of Ant spray is more desirable than a post, or shall I say GIF, made by this jagoff.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next