It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 42  Next
 Post subject: Re: Lonzo: Year 1
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Poor FF. Two the best analysts in the game Van Gundy and Jackson both stated that Kyrie Irving would be MVP if it weren't for James Harden.

The same Van Gundy that thinks Thibodeau is the second best coach in the league?

:lol:
And the same Jackson who got fired from the Warriors right before they became a dynasty.

Doug Collins was also fired pre dynasty.

Correct.

What he’s done since?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:33 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Poor FF. Two the best analysts in the game Van Gundy and Jackson both stated that Kyrie Irving would be MVP if it weren't for James Harden.

The same Van Gundy that thinks Thibodeau is the second best coach in the league?

And the same Jackson who got fired from the Warriors right before they became a dynasty.

Correct.

What he’s done since?

Beat a vastly superior Bulls (Thibs coached) team in the playoffs.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:51 pm 

Might as well get ahead of it on this one. Ball had a great game.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:18 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
hmm, anyone know if the Lakers played tonight? How'd the journeyman do? 8)

18 pts on 6/12 shooting (6/10 from 3), 11 assists, 7 rebounds, 2 to, 1 steal, 2 blocks. Oh yea, also took over at the end and hit a bunch of 3s in the final 2 minutes.

BUST.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:20 am 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
shakes wrote:
hmm, anyone know if the Lakers played tonight? How'd the journeyman do? 8)

18 pts on 6/12 shooting (6/10 from 3), 11 assists, 7 rebounds, 2 to, 1 steal, 2 blocks. Oh yea, also took over at the end and hit a bunch of 3s in the final 2 minutes.

BUST.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:37 am 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Correct.

What he’s done since?

Beat a vastly superior Bulls (Thibs coached) team in the playoffs.

Lol. Without their two best players.

Try again or concede you’re attempting a stupid point.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:38 am 

long time guy wrote:
Might as well get ahead of it on this one. Ball had a great game.

That’s why you’re my guy.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:16 pm 

Zach Lowe
Zach Lowe
@ZachLowe_NBA
Lonzo now up to 33.6% from deep, rebounding the hell out of the ball and playing very solid defense -- in addition to the already good playmaking. Ignore the noise. He's going to be good.
6:40 AM · Mar 4, 2018

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:43 pm 

I've seen a lot of the idiots here try and compare Zo to MCW and some bum named Grant, but here's a pretty good comparison.

Lonzo's stats: 10.2pts - 7.2 rbd - 7.0ast-1.6 stl-0.9 blk on 37/32.5/49

Compared to this player's stats from the 2017 season: 10.2pts - 7.9 rbd - 7.0 ast-2.0 stl-1.4blk on 41/29/76

I'd say those are pretty similar stats. And that doesn't even account for Zo's rapidly rising 3pt shooting %. He's shooting over 40% over his last 20+ games. His % still being weighed down by his historically bad start.

So any guess as to who the mystery player is?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:04 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
This kid is a throwback PG. If he can learn how to score better he's going to be a top 10 player.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
Nas wrote:
This kid is a throwback PG. If he can learn how to score better he's going to be a top 10 player.

On his team? Was watching Jalen Rose and Paul Pierce basically say he, at best, can be a solid player.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:34 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Big Chicagoan wrote:
Nas wrote:

On his team? Was watching Jalen Rose and Paul Pierce basically say he, at best, can be a solid player.

Really on any team. He needs to be Stockton or Kidd like on offense. Good enough scorer to keep the other team somewhat honest.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:45 pm 

Big Chicagoan wrote:
Nas wrote:

For every Jalen Rose and Paul Pierce I can name 10 guys who say he's going to be a star.

That's assuming they even said what you said which is a big assumption given you are the source.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:29 pm 

Big Chicagoan wrote:
Nas wrote:

You're correct. There have been very few, particularly if you make it exclusive to guys that played in the NBA who have said that he will be a star. Can't recall anyone that has proclaimed him a future all star since the season started. At best he will be a piece. The same clown that told us how he had a good game even while scoring zero points is the only one that still thinks he will be great.

He had to wait 50 games in order for him to simply have another very good game. He has been completely wrong about him from the beginning. Why anyone takes this blithering idiot seriously at this point is beyond me but hey it happens

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
shakes wrote:
Big Chicagoan wrote:
Nas wrote:

For every Jalen Rose and Paul Pierce I can name 10 guys who say he's going to be a star.

That's assuming they even said what you said which is a big assumption given you are the source.

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=22629243

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:19 pm 

Big Chicagoan wrote:
shakes wrote:
Big Chicagoan wrote:
Nas wrote:

Logical deduction says that he should have no problem coming up with 20 guys that believe he will be a "star".

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:13 pm 

Big Chicagoan wrote:
shakes wrote:
Big Chicagoan wrote:
Nas wrote:

Thanks for posting the link, good to know who the idiots are. Also, Pierce even said he didn't say Lonzo wouldn't be an allstar so hardly the same thing you said about him only being a solid player.

Rose is an idiot, everyone knows that. Anyone who says with a straight face that Lonzo isn't even the best rookie on his team either has an agenda or simply doesn't pay attention to the Lakers. The whole "kuzma is the best rookie on the lakers" train derailed a couple months ago and hasn't been seen anywhere near the tracks since. Kozma's completely one dimensional game went in the crapper a couple months ago.

People who say Lonzo isn't the best rookie on the Lakers are in the same category as people who say Lonzo can't play defense. agenda agenda agenda.

Also saying that Lonzo isn't anywhere near the top of the Rookie of the year race is a lie and disingenuous. It's disingenuous because it doesn't acknowledge that LOnzo missed 8 weeks of the season due to injury. And it's a lie because even with the missed time he very much is in the top 5 for ROY right now along with Simmons, Mitchell, Tatum and Markennan,

I did enjoy the part of that video where they listed the only rookies in history to average 7 rebounds and 7 assists. Lonzo and some dudes named Magic and Lebron. Pretty good company to keep.

Sounded like Rose was just pissed off that a lot of people hyped Lonzo coming into the league and was looking for reasons to dump on him. Sounds a lot like people who post here.

All haters and all in the process of being proven wrong. What you see now with videos like this or the comments from the haters here are the last desperate death throws of a dying belief. I look forward to the apology videos from these clowns later in the season.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:22 pm 

And the Blithering idiot rambles on. He didn't miss eight weeks. That is a lie. He also isn't anywhere in the ROY conversation either. He will probably make the second team all rookie and that is about it. As has been pointed out numerous times he had the best situation of all rookies except for Simmons. They placed the ball (no pun intended) in his hands from day one. He is avg 33 minutes a game. You look at elite point guards of today. Compare their rookie numbers to his and see where it gets you. Paul, Irving, Wall, Curry, Westbrook, etc. As rookies they were much better than Ball. The only one that is debatable would probably be Westbrook.

This clown also told us that he'd lead the league in assists too. He isn't anywhere near that. Also the same fool that told us that we wouldn't know if he was a stud for 5 years. Anyone with a working brain knows that it doesn't take that long to see greatness.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:50 pm 

Oh yeah remember when his lying ass professed such a great love of Kuzma? Sure sounds that way now doesn't it?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:34 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
This is why I hate his old man, I'd have no rooting interest in him if his daddy didn't over hype the shit out of this kid..he'd just be a rookie that I could say rebounds n passes well.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:20 pm 

312player wrote:
This is why I hate his old man, I'd have no rooting interest in him if his daddy didn't over hype the shit out of this kid..he'd just be a rookie that I could say rebounds n passes well.

...n defends n dictates the pace n now shoots 3's well.

Hating him cause you don't like his dad is something I would expect out of someone with the maturity of a 3 year old. so yea, makes sense.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
It's all entertainment, we can hate anybody we want for any dipshit reason.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:52 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
shakes wrote:
312player wrote:

...n defends n dictates the pace n now shoots 3's well.

Hating him cause you don't like his dad is something I would expect out of someone with the maturity of a 3 year old. so yea, makes sense.

The play don't match the hype

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:27 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
I just heard a podcast from Julie Dicaro's show reporting on the Balls in Lith. Good listen :

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/audio/670-t ... terviews/#

Downloads
Play
Mirin Fader on LaMelo Ball
12:14
Bleacher Report's Mirin Fader talks about LaMelo Ball and what really happened in Lithuania with Julie & Maggie. (3/3/18)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:56 am 

So much for Lonzo Ball and his not so elite defense.

Lillard has 39. 19 in the 4th alone. In two games against Lillard he has been outscored 71-10.

There are 7 seconds left however. Things can change drastically in that amount of time.

I'm sure we will hear how Lillard didn't do too much.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:21 am 

Rough game tonight. refs took Lonzo out of the first half with some horrible phantom calls. he got to play in the 2nd and hit a couple big 3s, but then shitbag Napoleon Thomas decided to throw the game away with his selfish play. Lakers blew a 10 pt lead in the 4th. Lillard was unconscious, knocked down 3 straight 3s late. Zo didn't do much on the boards tonight cause he couldn't leave the Portland guards on the perimeter.

First loss in 9 games with Zo in the lineup.

They're gonna destroy Orlando on Wednesday.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:10 am 

Got to do this before the blithering idiot No Great Shakes checks in with his customary spin job. Lonzo played ok last night. Not particularly well and not bad either.

A few things are apparent:

1. Teams don't even guard him at the 3 point line. Guards have been instructed to go under all screen rolls if such a situation arises. Interesting how you don't hear about all of the wide open looks and misses by Ball. This is in contrast to earlier in the year when the blithering buffoon instructed us on all of the misses by his terrible teammates.They have also instructed the guy that is guarding him to cheat up off of him when the ball is in the hands of one of their primary scorers. There usually isn't a guy within 5 feet of him on any of his shots. Not very stud like if you ask me.

2. He doesn't even attempt to get into the lane. Everything with him is either a 3 point shot or a breakaway layup. In half court sets he rarely gets pass the top of the key. Not very stud like either.

3. Can't finish at the rim whatsoever. Either goes in meekly in order to avoid contact or gets his shot blocked.

4. The ball is rarely if ever in his hands in crunch time. Witnessed it again last night. Funny how they went to Brook (Worst Center in the league) Lopez and Isaiah (Napolean) Thomas down the stretch last night as opposed to Lonzo (Stud) Ball.

Stud players on garbage teams,which we've been told that the Lakers are, have the ball in their hands during the 4th quarter. Faces of the franchise have the ball in their hands during crunch time. That the Lakers chose to go to 2 guys that won't be on the team next year as opposed to the budding superstar, tells you all you need to know about how they regard Ball.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:39 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
You two have been doing this too long for you both to continue to be wrong. One of you becomes even a little bit more objective and you win the argument easily.

What if, and give me a chance here...what if he is neither a Hall of Famer or a bust?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:04 am 

IMU wrote:
You two have been doing this too long for you both to continue to be wrong. One of you becomes even a little bit more objective and you win the argument easily.

What if, and give me a chance here...what if he is neither a Hall of Famer or a bust?

Hall of Famer would be something specific whereas Bust is ambiguous. We'd have to define what Bust happens to be.

Is it:

A. A guy that never makes an All Star team

B. Never better than 3rd best player on any of the teams that he is a member.

C. Rotation player.

D. Out of the League in 5 years or less.

Given the hype surrounding the guy I'd have to anything B or less and he is a bust. For what its worth his current numbers place him in the bust category. He was a #2 pick after all. I'm looking rather good on my bust prediction.

Last edited by long time guy on Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:47 am 

Another solid stat stuffing game for Lonzo. Started out shooting poorly, but got it going in the 3rd quarter with 13 points including a couple of nice finishes in the lane. Finished with 16pts on 6/16 shooting which included 2 desperate beat the shot clock heaves. 6 boards, 5 assists and his usual 2 steals and a block. Should've been 2 blocks as he got all ball on a block on Vucevich and the ref called it a foul.

Team still picking up wins despite Ingram and Hart being out. I think they are something like 10-1 in the last 11 games Lonzo has played.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 42  Next