It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:32 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 666 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 10:13 pm 

Who ya got?

First time I am pulling for Lebron and the Cavs.

But I think the Warriors take it in 6 games.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 10:24 pm 

Cleveland takes them next round.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 11:21 pm 

Game 1: Cavaliers at Warriors Thursday, June 2
Game 2: Cavaliers at Warriors Sunday, June 5
Game 3: Warriors at Cavaliers Wednesday June 8
Game 4: Warriors at Cavaliers Friday, June 10
Game 5: Cavaliers at Warriors Monday, June 13
Game 6: Warriors at Cavaliers Thursday, June 1
Game 7: Cavaliers at Warriors Sunday, June 19

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 11:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Golden State in 6.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 11:27 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Cleveland in 6.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 11:38 pm 

You can make great cases for and against both teams, imo. But Kevin Love is a chump and James Harden plays tougher defense than Kyrie Irving.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 11:41 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
You can make great cases for and against both teams, imo.

So have you changed your opinion on Cleveland?

Earlier in the season you told me they had zero chance of taking out the Warriors in the playoffs.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 11:44 pm 

Cavaliers in seven.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 11:48 pm 

RFDC wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Earlier in the season you told me they had zero chance of taking out the Warriors in the playoffs.

Im not Elmhurst Steve. I don't move the goal posts when I'm wrong. I've already admitted I was wrong about the Warriors clearly this past series even though they still won. Of course there's a chance I'm wrong on the Finals too. LeBron hates the Warriors more than any team since the KG Celtics, so I'm confident he's going to have a great series. He's gonna win a game or two. For the two main reasons I cited in my earlier post, I'm still taking Golden State. They don't have the backcourt to stop Curry and Klay.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 1:14 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeepppppppppppp

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 4:46 am 

FavreFan wrote:
RFDC wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Im not Elmhurst Steve. I don't move the goal posts when I'm wrong. I've already admitted I was wrong about the Warriors clearly this past series even though they still won. Of course there's a chance I'm wrong on the Finals too. LeBron hates the Warriors more than any team since the KG Celtics, so I'm confident he's going to have a great series. He's gonna win a game or two. For the two main reasons I cited in my earlier post, I'm still taking Golden State. They don't have the backcourt to stop Curry and Klay.

Nah gotta disagree. You admitted you were wrong only after Golden State was down 3-1. You referred to Game 1 as a fluke. Admitting you're wrong only after being left without any other options isn't really admitting you're wrong.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 5:14 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Does Cleveland have Russell Westbrook?

Westbrook shot 28-76 (36%) from the floor in the last three games--which should be more like 28 for 90, given how often he went up for shots and turned the ball over. Or just threw it to an empty space on the floor.

2-11 on 3's in last 2 games. 0 for 5 in Game 6, 2-6 in Game 7

Westbrook's +/- in the last 3 games:

-09 Game 5
-11 Game 6
-14 Game 7

Westbrook is replaced by even an even VORP player in those games and OKC's playing in the Finals.

Westbrook had 0 points in the 3rd quarter of game 7, 5 points in the 2nd half, yet he had the ball in his hands 90% of the time when OKC was on offense.

Dude needs a legit point guard on the floor with him:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball- ... 36614.html

Cavs in 3.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 5:27 am 

Hussra wrote:

Westbrook shot 28-76 (36%) from the floor in the last three games--which should be more like 28 for 90, given how often he went up for shots and turned the ball over. Or just threw it to an empty space on the floor.

-09 Game 5
-11 Game 6
-14 Game 7

Westbrook is replaced by even an even VORP player in those games and OKC's playing in the Finals.

Westbrook had 0 points in the 3rd quarter of game 7, 5 points in the 2nd half, yet he had the ball in his hands 90% of the time when OKC was on offense.

Cavs in 3.

The series changed once they switched Klay over on Westbrook. He had to work much harder to score and it allowed Curry to guard the offensively challenged Robertson.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 5:36 am 

Kyrie Irving is the most offensively skilled point guard in the league. LeBron James is the best player in the series. Cleveland poses problems that OKC couldn't. Shumpert and James are elite wing defenders and they will probably keep one attached to Thompson at all times. Curry won't be able to cheat off J.R. the way he did Robertson. Cleveland doesn't have the size OKC possesed, but Thompson is probably the best offensive rebounder in the NBA. Kevin Love is going to have a good series too.

The one thing that Cleveland won't be able to do is challenge shots at the rim the way OKC did. That is the most glaring difference.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 7:33 am 

pizza_Place: Gigio's in Des Plaines
long time guy wrote:
Kyrie Irving is the most offensively skilled point guard in the league.

I can not fucking stand any team that's looking to take a 3 pointer on every single possession, but it's obvious that Steph Curry is in the conversation for greatest shooter of all time. Can you explain to me how Kyrie Irving would be considered a better overall PG than Steph from an offensive perspective? Because I'm getting some America type vibes from your posts. I generally don't give a shit about basketball when the Bulls are irrelevant, so I rarely ever frequent/lurk in the NBA forums. Forgive my ignorance - you might be perfectly sane for all I know.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 7:39 am 

I don't think there's any conversation left to be had. Steph Curry's by far the best shooter of all time. 2nd place? Steph Curry.

http://www.sbnation.com/2016/4/15/11437 ... int-record

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 7:41 am 

whiskey dick wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Kyrie Irving is the most offensively skilled point guard in the league.

I can not fucking stand any team that's looking to take a 3 pointer on every single possession, but it's obvious that Steph Curry is in the conversation for greatest shooter of all time. Can you explain to me how Kyrie Irving would be considered a better overall PG than Steph from an offensive perspective? Because I'm getting some America type vibes from your posts. I generally don't give a shit about basketball when the Bulls are irrelevant, so I rarely ever frequent/lurk in the NBA forums. Forgive my ignorance - you might be perfectly sane for all I know.

Curry shoots better than Irving and that's about it, though Irving can shoot also. He has won a 3 point contest in his career. Irving has a better handle, better mid range and is a better finisher at the rim. He has the most complete skill set of any pg in the league. He gave G.S. about 25-30 on one leg in the only game that he played last season. In that game Curry ducked the cover though Irving did guard him. He checked the MVP on one leg Curry can handle also but he doesn't have it on a string quite like Irving.

Last edited by long time guy on Tue May 31, 2016 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 7:42 am 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
George McCloud...my guy!

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 7:43 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Cavs take this in 5 easy.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 7:49 am 

offensive skill set, yeah. However, Kyrie regards playing defense the way BigFan thinks about manual labor--something he gives other people tacos to do for him.

Kyrie's offensive +/- isn't that great; it would probably be a lot better if he weren't playing on a team with James, Love, Smith:

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_ ... position/1

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 7:51 am 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Warriors in 6.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 7:53 am 

Hussra wrote:
offensive skill set, yeah. However, Kyrie regards playing defense the way BigFan thinks about manual labor--something he gives other people tacos to do for him.

Kyrie's offensive +/- isn't that great; it would probably be a lot better if he weren't playing on a team with James, Love, Smith:

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_ ... position/1

He will check Curry much more than Curry will check him. Curry is one the top 5 worst defenders in the league. It won't be long before Thompson has to take the Kyrie Irving cover. Book it.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 7:55 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
whiskey dick wrote:
I rarely ever frequent/lurk in the NBA forums

please keep it that way

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 8:22 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
I think the idea of "ducking" covering the best player isn't really relevant. First of all it's the coach who often determines matchups, and second of all this isn't a high school game where the best players try to one up each other to elicit reactions from the crowd - there are repercussions for having to guard the best player on the other team and it's smart strategy to have your best player not guard the other team's best player in games with high stakes unless it can't be avoided. Phil did this with MJ all the time.

Also you're essentially trying to make what should be a self-evident point: Curry can't guard Irving so Thompson will have to. We all know that?

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 8:31 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
I think the idea of "ducking" covering the best player isn't really relevant. First of all it's the coach who often determines matchups, and second of all this isn't a high school game where the best players try to one up each other to elicit reactions from the crowd - there are repercussions for having to guard the best player on the other team and it's smart strategy to have your best player not guard the other team's best player in games with high stakes unless it can't be avoided. Phil did this with MJ all the time.

Also you're essentially trying to make what should be a self-evident point: Curry can't guard Irving so Thompson will have to. We all know that?

It's not about the best players guarding one another either. It's about guarding your position. When you start talking about best this and best that then that should be taken into account.

Michael Jordan always guarded opposing 2 guards so that statement is false. Don't know what you are referring to as far as high school either because NBA players also talk about this.

If Steph Curry can't guard his position then why should there ever be talk of him as an all time great?

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 8:39 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
I've said it before...if Irving and Love are on the court a ton, the Cavs defense will struggle. They kept pace in the Finals last year by keeping a great defensive team on the floor (say what you will about Delly but he abused Curry on D at times) plus Shumpert played out of his mind offensively to compliment his D. J.R. Smith also played well...they will now try and match up offensively with the Warriors. It could go sideways quickly.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 9:15 am 

City of Fools wrote:
I've said it before...if Irving and Love are on the court a ton, the Cavs defense will struggle. They kept pace in the Finals last year by keeping a great defensive team on the floor (say what you will about Delly but he abused Curry on D at times) plus Shumpert played out of his mind offensively to compliment his D. J.R. Smith also played well...they will now try and match up offensively with the Warriors. It could go sideways quickly.

I remember J.R. Smith being off against the Warriors. Delladova played well early then faded late. They won't be able to hide Curry on J.R. its going to hurt them. he is much better offensively than Robertson. He will be able to rest against Shumpert and Delladova though. I expect Irving will check Curry even with his defensive limitations. Draemond Green was exposed against OKC. The notion that he is an elite player was thoroughly disproved in the last series and I am a fan.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 9:18 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
long time guy wrote:
Hussra wrote:

-09 Game 5
-11 Game 6
-14 Game 7

Cavs in 3.

The series changed once they switched Klay over on Westbrook. He had to work much harder to score and it allowed Curry to guard the offensively challenged Robertson.

I agree 100%.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 9:20 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Cavs have no shot since I want them to win. No NBA series has gone in my favor since Jordy retired.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 9:22 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
RFDC wrote:
Who ya got?

First time I am pulling for Lebron and the Cavs.

But I think the Warriors take it in 6 games.

Cavs in 6!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 666 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next