It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 1:07 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 304 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 6:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
FavreFan wrote:
You just said what I said in a lot more words. Like I said, the idea Boston is more talented is based on false projections from last summer, not reality. Not sure how anyone who watched this series can claim they still think Boston is more talented, or even in the same ballpark as Milwaukee talent wise. The gap is wide and heavily bent in Milwaukee's favor.

There's no such thing as a false projection - there are reasonable ones and unreasonable ones. Boston being better than Milwaukee is as reasonable as it gets. Go to any blog or podcast you respect and they'll tell you 9/10 times that Boston is more talented. Even the fucking GMs were all over Boston this year:
Quote:
With LeBron James moving to the Western Conference, the GMs have picked the Boston Celtics to return to The Finals after a seven-year absence, and there's some belief out there that the Celtics can dethrone the champs.

Quote:
PREDICTIONS
Which team will win the 2019 NBA Finals?

1. Golden State – 87%

2. Boston – 7%

Houston – 7%

90 percent of GMs predicted Boston would finish first in the east. Milwaukee got no first or second place votes. Over 47 percent said Milwaukee would finish fourth.

Why would the GMs back Boston? They do this for a living. It can only be because they are talented and have the right coach. They massively underperformed this season. That's Kyrie's true legacy.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nba.co ... urvey/2018

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 6:08 pm 

Walt Williams Neck wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Forgive me, but what does Kyrie have to do with Philly? He was traded from Cleveland to Boston.

Guys are holding him to standards that they never hold guys I.e Butler and others too. He didn't get it done. Might not be the guy to get it done either. Boston has far greater issues than Kyrie Irving. YOu wouldn't know it by simply listening to the chorus of doubters however.

We all listened to you Butler isn't a top 30 player....you have Kyrie as a top 10 maybe 5 ? He rejoins a team that made the finals last year and look like dog poo.Butler YOU have as the 3rd banana and Kyrie was to be the man in Boston when the 76ers lose you'll blame Butler and Redick.....when Butler carried them to a victory you of course said Embiid had the biggest shot of the evening :roll:

Kyrie Irving hit the game winning shot in an NBA Finals series. What exactly has Jimmy Butler ever done that was comparable?

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 6:14 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Forgive me, but what does Kyrie have to do with Philly? He was traded from Cleveland to Boston.

Guys are holding him to standards that they never hold guys I.e Butler and others too. He didn't get it done. Might not be the guy to get it done either. Boston has far greater issues than Kyrie Irving. YOu wouldn't know it by simply listening to the chorus of doubters however.

We all listened to you Butler isn't a top 30 player....you have Kyrie as a top 10 maybe 5 ? He rejoins a team that made the finals last year and look like dog poo.Butler YOU have as the 3rd banana and Kyrie was to be the man in Boston when the 76ers lose you'll blame Butler and Redick.....when Butler carried them to a victory you of course said Embiid had the biggest shot of the evening :roll:

JJ Redick scored all of 3 points (31 min) last game. Yeah he really is contributing isn't he? Jimmy Butler has had 2 good games out of 10 during the playoffs yet you are chest thumping like he is setting the world on fire.

He got thoroughly dominated by Kawhi in Game 1 (further validating that he isn't top 10) and they are so concerned about him that they decided to put their best defender on Ben Simmons.

Beat it til you get better arguments.

Last edited by long time guy on Thu May 09, 2019 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 6:16 pm 

Bagels wrote:
Well, when you have a deep team obv some players are going to suffer stat wise

Kyrie has to play but so do some of those other guys. That was a selfish team and he was part of the selfishness. Some of the other guys have to shoulder some of the blame too.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 6:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
You just said what I said in a lot more words. Like I said, the idea Boston is more talented is based on false projections from last summer, not reality. Not sure how anyone who watched this series can claim they still think Boston is more talented, or even in the same ballpark as Milwaukee talent wise. The gap is wide and heavily bent in Milwaukee's favor.

There's no such thing as a false projection - there are reasonable ones and unreasonable ones. Boston being better than Milwaukee is as reasonable as it gets. Go to any blog or podcast you respect and they'll tell you 9/10 times that Boston is more talented. Even the fucking GMs were all over Boston this year:
Quote:
With LeBron James moving to the Western Conference, the GMs have picked the Boston Celtics to return to The Finals after a seven-year absence, and there's some belief out there that the Celtics can dethrone the champs.

Quote:
PREDICTIONS

1. Golden State – 87%

2. Boston – 7%

Houston – 7%

90 percent of GMs predicted Boston would finish first in the east. Milwaukee got no first or second place votes. Over 47 percent said Milwaukee would finish fourth.

Why would the GMs back Boston? They do this for a living. It can only be because they are talented and have the right coach. They massively underperformed this season. That's Kyrie's true legacy.

I’m not even sure if this is a serious post but I’ll pretend it is.

Once again, all those were false, or wrong, or erroneous, projections. Boston clearly isn’t as talented as many people thought. There’s really no debate about this at this point. The argument of “people used to think they were better” vs empirical evidence that Milwaukee is significantly better is just laughably stupid. Let’s just stop now :lol:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 6:25 pm 

https://sports.theonion.com/kyrie-irvin ... EWYO1YE3F4

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 6:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
long time guy wrote:
Bagels wrote:
Well, when you have a deep team obv some players are going to suffer stat wise

Kyrie has to play but so do some of those other guys. That was a selfish team and he was part of the selfishness. Some of the other guys have to shoulder some of the blame too.

I agree, that's reasonable

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 6:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Quote:

Quote:
PREDICTIONS

1. Golden State – 87%

2. Boston – 7%

Houston – 7%

Once again, all those were false, or wrong, or erroneous, projections. Boston clearly isn’t as talented as many people thought. There’s really no debate about this at this point. The argument of “people used to think they were better” vs empirical evidence that Milwaukee is significantly better is just laughably stupid. Let’s just stop now :lol:

They were a team that made the conference finals last year and basically added Kyrie and Heyward this year so idk how you can say they weren't as talented as people thought

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 6:38 pm 

Bagels wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Quote:

Quote:
PREDICTIONS

1. Golden State – 87%

2. Boston – 7%

Houston – 7%

They were a team that made the conference finals last year and basically added Kyrie and Heyward this year so idk how you can say they weren't as talented as people thought

Yup. Plus FF subscribes to the fallacy that the winning team is necessarily better than the losing team. Not always the case. LBJ's Miami team was better than Dallas, Dallas was better than Golden State in 2007, the Pats were better than the Giants in 2007 or whenever, and Boston has more talent than Milwaukee in 2019.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 6:51 pm 

There’s literally zero evidence that the Celtics were more talented than the Bucks this year. Bucks had a significantly better record, point differential, and net rating. They dominated them head to head. There’s nothing you can point to except “people a year ago thought they were better so they must be better”

:lol: I’m good on continuing this. It’s a ridiculous discussion at this point.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 7:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

JJ Redick scored all of 3 points (31 min) last game. Yeah he really is contributing isn't he? Jimmy Butler has had 2 good games out of 10 during the playoffs yet you are chest thumping like he is setting the world on fire. Lie

He got thoroughly dominated by Kawhi in Game 1 (further validating that he isn't top 10) and they are so concerned about him that they decided to put their best defender on Ben Simmons.Ben Simmons is getting eaten alive

You have no arguments remember I pointed out to your dumb ass Paxson and Kerr hit game winners so what

I'm out.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 7:45 pm 

long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

JJ Redick scored all of 3 points (31 min) last game. Yeah he really is contributing isn't he? Jimmy Butler has had 2 good games out of 10 during the playoffs yet you are chest thumping like he is setting the world on fire. Lie

He got thoroughly dominated by Kawhi in Game 1 (further validating that he isn't top 10) and they are so concerned about him that they decided to put their best defender on Ben Simmons.Ben Simmons is getting eaten alive

You have no arguments remember I pointed out to your dumb ass Paxson and Kerr hit game winners so what

And the goal post keeps shifting. When you have to provide original thoughts your brain leaks. Continue gotcha gate. You are far too bankrupt intellectually to ever really do anything else.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 8:17 pm 

I'm out.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 8:19 pm 

I'm out.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 8:25 pm 

:lol: :lol: :lol:

https://youtu.be/fZ8yCJgsF_4

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 7:30 am 

when the 76ers lose you'll blame Redick

Well yeah I will. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Embiid's had a plus 40 last night

Redick had a -1
In a blowout

For the playoffs Redick has an offensive rating of 106

His defensive rating for the playoffs is 115.

Yikes.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 7:30 am 

when the 76ers lose you'll blame Redick

Well yeah I will. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Embiid's had a plus 40 last night

Redick had a -1
In a blowout

For the playoffs Redick has an offensive rating of 106

His defensive rating for the playoffs is 115.

Yikes.

His Vorp is 0.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 2:38 pm 

Soft as bird shit....1st the Earth is flat...now talks of joining the Lakers...what an asshole :lol:

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:37 am 

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:13 am 

Man up....get some Icy Hot :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm out.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:36 am 

So I said he's a little b.itch who will never win shit as the alpha. That's a swish for me.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:00 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
So I said he's a little b.itch who will never win shit as the alpha. That's a swish for me.

If thats the worst you can say about a guy then you really aren't saying much.

Lebron James bombed last year when he didn't have another top 10 guy to ride shotgun with him. This after you saying for the last couple of years that all time great players (namely Dwayne Wade) weren't really shit either and dependent upon him for their overall success.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:11 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
. Kyrie Irving as the alpha will never duplicate the success he had when he let LBJ run things in Cleveland.

Yup

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:43 am 

pizza_Place: What??
veganfan21 wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
. Kyrie Irving as the alpha will never duplicate the success he had when he let LBJ run things in Cleveland.

Yup

It's interesting Kyrie's attitude. All of a sudden he doesn't give a shit. Basketball is just entertainment.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:42 am 

he calls out basketball as just entertainment that means very VERY little in the real world. yet he continues to play... why? oh wait, that money you get matters doesnt it? and just entertainment? all those dads and kids at the game that use it as a learning experience for many aspects in life is meaningless? that 'social bubble' you grew up in is worse than growing up in the hood because at least the hood is the real world?

he will never be a winner again with that level of blindness.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:17 am 

If Durant can sit the year, Kyrie feels he should sit the year too.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:45 am 

I'm out.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2020/02/kyr ... eason.html

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
FrankDrebin wrote:
https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2020/02/kyrie-irving-out-for-remainder-of-season.html

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Quitter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Probably better for Brooklyn

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 304 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next