It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:07 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
:lol: :lol: Just heard this on ESPN. Garnett and JR Rider . Fucking Jordan :lol:

https://twitter.com/gsbrodbama/status/1230914786390659072?s=21

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:08 pm 

Almost as good as the one where he came out counting backwards from 50 each time he dropped one on Steve Smith. 50-48-46, and then Smith figured out what he doing. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Worst part was that Ken "Snake" Norman came into the locker room that day loudly wailing about how Juanita had told him that day how MJ was gonna give him all the business.

One day they're going to have a full hour special retelling MJ & Bird cooking people on and off the court.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:12 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
Almost as good as the one where he came out counting backwards from 50 each time he dropped one on Steve Smith. 50-48-46, and then Smith figured out what he doing. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Worst part was that Ken "Snake" Norman came into the locker room that day loudly wailing about how Juanita had told him that day how MJ was gonna give him all the business.

One day they're going to have a full hour special retelling MJ & Bird cooking people on and off the court.

:lol: :lol: I never heard that one before . That’s awesome .

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:23 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

KG was right though. Jordan has/had an energy around him that was surreal. It was like the inverse of a remarkably magnetic guy like Clinton, but far, far more leonine.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:54 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Great story but I went down the Basketball-Reference rabbit hole on this one.

Jason Caffey made $35 million. Jason Caffey.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:14 pm 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Great story but I went down the Basketball-Reference rabbit hole on this one.

Jason Caffey made $35 million. Jason Caffey.

Everyone with a second contract or white collar job probably did as well in that organization.

Sadly.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:56 pm 
1000 CLUB

Like I've said, this is cool "Asshole Jordan". 20s and 30s while he's playing. I love that. This Jordan is why we got 6 titles.

Missing the Chicago all star game at age 57 isn't cool.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Too plebian
Beardown wrote:
Like I've said, this is cool "Asshole Jordan". 20s and 30s while he's playing. I love that. This Jordan is why we got 6 titles.

I'm actually typing this from the dedicated room I keep in one of my homes for my original Chicago Bulls authentic championship memorabilia. Great memories. One that stands out in particular is when a buddy and me bought front court seats to each Bulls home game during the '97 finals against Seattle. We yukked it up on the court while making fun of Shawn Kemp's daddy issues lol. Wasn't really in my earning prime at the time so spending 5k a night on games kind of set me back for a few days.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:03 am 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Great stuff.

I have always felt fortunate to have been able to watch Jordan’s career right through my formative years.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:15 am 

Beardown wrote:

my god let it go man.

Great story!!

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:16 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
I actually have an MJ trash talking story that goes the other way. This was a pretty legendary story back in the day, but it wasn't very well known nationally. MJ used to have a summer youth basketball camp and he would have local players be counselors. My Depaul buddy Tom Kleinschmidt was a counselor. At the end of the camp there was a legendary counselor game with MJ and the rest of the staff. All the kids would watch the game. Of course MJ didn't take it easy on anyone in those games, even the high school kids.

Kleinschmidt was a great player, Chicago kid who used to go out and seek competition in all the rough neighborhoods against all the best competition. He had seen and experienced his share of trash talking. During the game TK gets hot and is tearing it up. MJ decides to guard him and starts talking trash to him and TK is still lighting it up. At one point MJ starts calling him a honkey. TK gets the ball, stares down MJ and calls him the N-word and then sticks one right in his eye. MJ didn't get mad about it and actually started giving Tk some respect.

MJ could dish it out, but he could also take it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:18 am 

Oh boy here we go .

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:30 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
Oh boy here we go .

Nah, MJ started it and Kleinschmidt finished it like he was supposed to. The kid learned right and Jordan was wrong.

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:42 am 

Regular Reader wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

KG was right though. Jordan has/had an energy around him that was surreal. It was like the inverse of a remarkably magnetic guy like Clinton, but far, far more leonine.

I will never forget watching him destroy Kenny Battle up at IIT back in the day. Standing room only and I just remember as he was exiting someone tried to snatch the Kangol off of his head.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:10 am 

Reminds me of summer league at Chicago St in 85-86. His games were actually covered in the papers. If his team Playboy was scheduled it was sro. It got to the point where he'd come late to let the crowd die down. It was hilarious to watch people come trying to get back in when his corvette got spotted.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:24 am 

Regular Reader wrote:
Reminds me of summer league at Chicago St in 85-86. His games were actually covered in the papers. If his team Playboy was scheduled it was sro. It got to the point where he'd come late to let the crowd die down. It was hilarious to watch people come trying to get back in when his corvette got spotted.

Old Playboy team with him T.C, Craig Hodges, and a High school Marcus Liberty. Didn't see them at Chicago State but man whenever they were at IIT it was quite the show. Tim Hardaway made his name back then off of coming at Jordan as a college player at UTEP.

I just remember guys talking about how he gave Jordan 50 or 60 while talking a ton of shit to him. People thought he was crazy for doing it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:30 am 

long time guy wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

Old Playboy team with him T.C, Craig Hodges, and a High school Marcus Liberty. Didn't see them at Chicago State but man whenever they were at IIT it was quite the show. Tim Hardaway made his name back then off of coming at Jordan as a college player at UTEP.

I just remember guys talking about how he gave Jordan 50 or 60 while talking a ton of shit to him. People thought he was crazy for doing it.

Nobody on the block believed it, but then he started cooking everybody without breaking a sweat. So we started punishing his little brother. I did too, until he got me for an ankle.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:31 am 

Regular Reader wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

Nobody on the block believed it, but then he started cooking everybody without breaking a sweat. So we started punishing his little brother. I did too, until he got me for an ankle.

lol