It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 7:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 330 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: LeBron = GOAT
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
FavreFan wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Going back to the OP, if we're starting a franchise, I'm gonna go with the guy who hasn't ditched his teams twice(gonna be three times after this summer).

You’re being emotional.

Nah. Just I'd rather have 13 years of the GOAT than 4-6 years of the 6th best player ever.

We’ll work through this together.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen Home Run Inn Pizza
leashyourkids wrote:
Look guys, I know it hurts. It hurts bad. And I’ll never admit it among non-friends, but it’s true. This is a safe place.

No, it's not true and you saying, "I know it hurts but it's true" isn't going to change my mind at all. I'm not even sure if LeBron is greater than Kareem, I think LeBron is top 3 all time but I'm not sure if he's 2 or 3. Jordan is the best ever and that isn't going to change any time soon. He was the greatest combination ever of dominant offense, dominant defense and killer at the end of games. He rose to the occasion like none other and no one has yet to reach that level. I don't give a damn about LeBron James scoring 57 points against the wizards at a time where defense on the perimeter is practically outlawed. That performance meant nothing.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:22 pm 

sinicalypse wrote:

:lol: That’s pretty good, Sini. I just realized that’s Buffone.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:25 pm 

Powerhouse233 wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Look guys, I know it hurts. It hurts bad. And I’ll never admit it among non-friends, but it’s true. This is a safe place.

No, it's not true and you saying, "I know it hurts but it's true" isn't going to change my mind at all. I'm not even sure if LeBron is greater than Kareem, I think LeBron is top 3 all time but I'm not sure if he's 2 or 3. Jordan is the best ever and that isn't going to change any time soon. He was the greatest combination ever of dominant offense, dominant defense and killer at the end of games. He rose to the occasion like none other and no one has yet to reach that level. I don't give a damn about LeBron James scoring 57 points against the wizards at a time where defense on the perimeter is practically outlawed. That performance meant nothing.

I bet you stand and salute the flag in your living room when you see Jim Cornelison on TV, don’t you?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:26 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
It pains me to say, and I’m currently shedding a tear by posting this, but it’s time for the denial to stop. LeBron will wind up surpassing MJ. The sooner we accept it, the easier it will be. His game last night shows how much he has left. He’s shooting 61% with 29, 8, and 9 at age 33. Jordan was 33 for the second to last championship. He was still a champion, but he wasn’t racking shit like that. And he had played a lot fewer games than LeBron at that age.

Now before I get crucified, know that I probably watched at least 78 of Jordan’s games that year and the next year... and he was slowing down. At that point, it was more of a Jordan-Pippen dominated team than a Jordan team. Jordan could still finish games and series, but he was having a lot of 7-26 type “warrior” games in the playoffs. We just happen to remember the flu game and his closing moments.

If LeBron retired today, I’d still say Jordan, but Lebron still has a number of superstar level years left. And when it counts, he’s still the best in the game.

Jordan might still be the best scorer or the most focused finisher, but if I’m starting a franchise today with either player, knowing that I’ll have them the next 20 years, it’s probably LeBron.

We don't know this, LeBron has to prove this. Having one monster game against the Wizards in early November proves nothing. LeBron is just now entering the age where your decline starts to look very noticeable. We'll see what he looks like as the season progresses.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:27 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
Powerhouse233 wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

I bet you stand and salute the flag in your living room when you see Jim Cornelison on TV, don’t you?

No, I really don't. That also has nothing to do with what we were talking about.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:30 pm 

Powerhouse233 wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Powerhouse233 wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

No, I really don't. That also has nothing to do with what we were talking about.

Sigmund Freud would disagree.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:30 pm 

IMU wrote:
Leash is right.

No, 6-0 in the finals won't be matched. Nor will the first 6 minutes of the third quarter defense together with real leadership.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
leashyourkids wrote:
It pains me to say, and I’m currently shedding a tear by posting this, but it’s time for the denial to stop. LeBron will wind up surpassing MJ. The sooner we accept it, the easier it will be. His game last night shows how much he has left. He’s shooting 61% with 29, 8, and 9 at age 33. Jordan was 33 for the second to last championship. He was still a champion, but he wasn’t racking shit like that. And he had played a lot fewer games than LeBron at that age.

Now before I get crucified, know that I probably watched at least 78 of Jordan’s games that year and the next year... and he was slowing down. At that point, it was more of a Jordan-Pippen dominated team than a Jordan team. Jordan could still finish games and series, but he was having a lot of 7-26 type “warrior” games in the playoffs. We just happen to remember the flu game and his closing moments.

If LeBron retired today, I’d still say Jordan, but Lebron still has a number of superstar level years left. And when it counts, he’s still the best in the game.

Jordan might still be the best scorer or the most focused finisher, but if I’m starting a franchise today with either player, knowing that I’ll have them the next 20 years, it’s probably LeBron.

You are what we call in the heterosexual community, a burrito.

Try shutting the fuck up for a bit.

Honestly, what the fuck is wrong with you?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:36 pm 

Hockey Gay wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

You are what we call in the heterosexual community, a burrito.

Try shutting the fuck up for a bit.

Honestly, what the fuck is wrong with you?

You’re the only one I respect.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Why did I see Kobe Bryant's name mentioned in this thread? I thought this discussion was about top tier all time players like MJ and Lebron.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:52 pm 

Some of my comments are kidding, but my OP is pretty much what I honestly believe. I’m as emotional about Jordan as any of you are. He was God to me. But I really do think Lebron is making a case and will continue to make it for some time.

He’ll never be as cool as Jordan... or as pretty... or have the storybook career... but I honestly think that if you’re dismissing it out of hand, you have your mind made up and it will never change.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
leashyourkids wrote:
Some of my comments are kidding, but my OP is pretty much what I honestly believe. I’m as emotional about Jordan as any of you are. He was God to me. But I really do think Lebron is making a case and will continue to make it for some time.

He’ll never be as cool as Jordan... or as pretty... or have the storybook career... but I honestly think that if you’re dismissing it out of hand, you have your mind made up and it will never change.

It's not an emotional argument. LeBron simply doesn't have a resume yet that stacks up against Jordan's.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:04 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:

LeBron is the most gifted player to this point. But MJeff was the killer you counted on.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:09 pm 

I don’t know that I disagree with either of the prior two posts, nor do I necessarily think they refute my OP.

Both the posters are assholes, but that’s different.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:42 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
I don’t know that I disagree with either of the prior two posts, nor do I necessarily think they refute my OP.

Fuck you :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:19 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
leashyourkids wrote:

So if LeBron's resume is lacking, and we agree at their best Jordan was more dominant, what are you saying? Old LeBron is better than Old MJ? Maybe. Let's see LeBron score 51 when he's 38. Let's see him put up 43/10 when he's 40.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:04 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
I want to agree but I can't. I don't agree with powerhouse about mj being more talented. I don't think that's true. But mj's mental makeup as demonstrated through his superior on the court achievements is the distinguishing factor for me. LBJ isn't getting past a Jordan team in the playoffs if they faced one another in their prime. Jordan did this while also being physically unremarkable when compared against LBJ. Speaks volumes about his ability and tenacity.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:19 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Jabbar never gets respect.

RK PLAYER PTS
1 Kareem Abdul-Jabbar 38,387
2 Karl Malone 36,928
3 Kobe Bryant 33,643
4 Michael Jordan 32,292
5 Wilt Chamberlain 31,419
6 DIRK NOWITZKI 30,376
7 LeBRON JAMES 29,049
8 Shaquille O'Neal 28,596
9 Moses Malone 27,409
10 Elvin Hayes 27,313

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:58 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Because nobody thinks points scored determines greatest.

And Kareem gets plenty of respect.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
He was great in that Diff'rent Strokes episode

Much respect

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:35 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Because nobody thinks points scored determines greatest.

And Kareem gets plenty of respect.

Exactly.

More points does not make you better. There is no bigger Dirk fan on this board than me, but there is no way he is better than some of the guys that he has more points than.

Leash I hope after a good nights rest you have repented of the terrible thoughts in this thread

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
The guy's talented. Leave it at that.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:31 am 

jimmypasta wrote:

RK PLAYER PTS
2 Karl Malone 36,928
3 Kobe Bryant 33,643
4 Michael Jordan 32,292
6 DIRK NOWITZKI 30,376
7 LeBRON JAMES 29,049
9 Moses Malone 27,409
10 Elvin Hayes 27,313

Because that stat is based more on how long you played than on how great you were.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:58 am 

5 seconds left, down 1

LeBron dishes to Donyell Marshall!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:00 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
leashyourkids wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:

RK PLAYER PTS
2 Karl Malone 36,928
3 Kobe Bryant 33,643
4 Michael Jordan 32,292
6 DIRK NOWITZKI 30,376
7 LeBRON JAMES 29,049
9 Moses Malone 27,409
10 Elvin Hayes 27,313

Because that stat is based more on how long you played than on how great you were.

So Jabbar = Emmitt Smith?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:11 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
5 seconds left, down 1

What's the difference between that and Jordan passes to Paxson in LA (repeatedly down the stretch in the fourth), or Jordan giving up the ball when down by two to Phoenix (the Paxson shot game), or Jordan to Kerr against Utah?

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:15 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
5 seconds left, down 1

What's the difference between that and Jordan passes to Paxson in LA (repeatedly down the stretch in the fourth), or Jordan giving up the ball when down by two to Phoenix (the Paxson shot game), or Jordan to Kerr against Utah?

Jordan was doubled and tripled and his first option was himself.

And still hit a ton of game winners. Where are LeBron's game winners?

Nowhere

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:20 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
5 seconds left, down 1

Jordan was doubled and tripled and his first option was himself.

And still hit a ton of game winners. Where are LeBron's game winners?

Nowhere

Not true. And that still doesn't support your shot against LeBron in the original post. James hit a game winner at the buzzer against Orlando in the playoffs to tie the series. This was when he was with Cleveland during his first run. He also hit several clutch shots in the fourth to eliminate the Bulls in the 2011 Miami series. Even I was surprised at that since he's not your typical killer in the fourth. There are others.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:22 am 

Yea, I remember that one like 10 years ago. Anything since?

5 seconds left down 3

You can have LeBron or Jordan

Who do you want?

Answer: GOAT

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 330 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next