It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:06 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:03 pm 

He gone

https://nypost.com/2017/12/07/nets-land ... ith-76ers/

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:22 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
They paid to trade him and GarPax wasn't involved.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Booker's a solid player. This helps Philly. Maybe Okafor will see the court now.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:26 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Booker's a solid player. This helps Philly. Maybe Okafor will see the court now.

He is going to start and Gattison is regarded as a developer of talent.

One of the best places for him to land.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Congrats Nas, Okafor was finally traded

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:34 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
FrankDrebin wrote:
Congrats Nas, Okafor was finally traded

:lol: :lol:

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:49 am 

Quote:
Nets head coach Kenny Atkinson said Okafor would need to get in better shape before the center becomes a staple in the team's rotation, Brian Lewis of the New York Post reports. "I talked to Jahlil, had a great conversation with him," Atkinson said Sunday. "We need to help him get in better condition, that's first off. We need to integrate him more into the system. It's going to take some time. I'm not going to give you a date but it's a strategic plan, just like we've done with all our guys, integrating guys into the team. It's going to take some time."

He’s a run of the mill chump who can’t be bothered to run a little bit in order to make $100 million dollars. This tells me he is lazy AND a fucking idiot.

He’s done for. No career left for him.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:59 am 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
The dude likes to party. Maybe a little too much.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:03 am 

Jbi11s wrote:

I like to party. If you told me I would get $100 million dollars in two years and all I needed to do was not be an out of shape fatass, I’d be a running fool though.

This is a clear sign Okafor is a bust. Who’s an out of shape fatass NBA player that suddenly got in shape in the middle of his career?? It doesn’t happen. He gone.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:09 am 

FavreFan wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

I like to party. If you told me I would get $100 million dollars in two years and all I needed to do was not be an out of shape fatass, I’d be a running fool though.

This is a clear sign Okafor is a bust. Who’s an out of shape fatass NBA player that suddenly got in shape in the middle of his career?? It doesn’t happen. He gone.

Absolutely, and I was really high on this dude coming out of Duke. Same type of feel I have with Josh Gordon. That high content THC isn't going anywhere. Just make your millions and smoke as much as you want after you retire. It isn't that hard.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:12 am 

Jbi11s wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

Absolutely, and I was really high on this dude coming out of Duke. Same type of feel I have with Josh Gordon. That high content THC isn't going anywhere. Just make your millions and smoke as much as you want after you retire. It isn't that hard.

I somewhat agree.

Josh Gordon proved himself as a legit goddamn superstar in his profession. Okafor has never proven shit at the pro level. I think that’s a flawed analogy.

Okafor is Eddy Curry my friend.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:15 am 

FavreFan wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

I somewhat agree.

Josh Gordon proved himself as a legit goddamn superstar in his profession. Okafor has never proven shit at the pro level. I think that’s a flawed analogy.

I'd say that's an adequate comparison. Side note I followed that post Jordan Bulls team from the ground up, and when they finally got good Eddy's heart issue derailed everything until D-Rose landed.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:19 am 

I know it’s not a decent thing to joke about but Curry’s “heart” issue was the perfect goddamn injury in the sports world in my lifetime.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:09 am 

FavreFan wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

I somewhat agree.

Jalil Okafor dropped 25 pounds in the off season and it was obvious in watching him during the preseason that he was in better shape. Since Philly didnt play him don't what happened in 2 months.

Okafor also was on the all Rookie team his first season. Ive watched their games since he was traded and they are being blown out every game. He can play the guy this is bullshit.

Jarrett Allen isnt shit. Neither is Zeller. They can give him some burn and see what he has.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:12 am 

I liked him in college. It’s a shame he’s fat and out of shape and doesn’t want to play. Nothing sadder in life than wasted talent.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:54 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
long time guy wrote:
Jalil Okafor dropped 25 pounds in the off season and it was obvious in watching him during the preseason that he was in better shape. Since Philly didnt play him don't what happened in 2 months.

i'm somewhat surprised too...i remember seeing him in shootaround for the Sixers not too long ago on NBA Game time or something like that, and they were commenting on how he was being a 'good solider' and staying prepared, etc.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:38 am 

Bagels wrote:
long time guy wrote:

i'm somewhat surprised too...i remember seeing him in shootaround for the Sixers not too long ago on NBA Game time or something like that, and they were commenting on how he was being a 'good solider' and staying prepared, etc.

During the Preseason he was much more active than he'd been during his previous two years in the league. Even chased someone down from behind on a fast break. It seems like Atkinson is attempting to cover his ass because the Okafor lazy narrative is the convenient play.

It is going to be difficult to convince the basketball world that Jarrett Allen and Tyler Zeller are better basketball players than Jalil Okafor. He is less than 2 years removed from being all Rookie. Their team stinks and they are getting blown out on a consistent basis. This isn't a Nerlen Noel situation where the guy is simply a fucking bum that can't play. He dropped 10 during the only game that he participated in for the Nets.

Atkinson implied that he was in shape but not "game shape".

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:40 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
long time guy wrote:
Bagels wrote:
long time guy wrote:

During the Preseason he was much more active than he'd been during his previous two years in the league. Even chased someone down from behind on a fast break. It seems like Atkinson is attempting to cover his ass because the Okafor lazy narrative is the convenient play.

It is going to be difficult to convince the basketball world that Jarrett Allen and Tyler Zeller are better basketball players than Jalil Okafor. He is 2 years removed from being all Rookie. Their team stinks and they are getting blown out on a consistent basis. This isn't a Nerlen Noel situation where the guy is simply a fucking bum that can't play. He dropped 10 during the only game that he participated in for the Nets.

Ltg's celebration of mundane sports achievements continues. Only a player's father would celebrate that player making the "all rookie" team. Oh well. Now I know Okafor and Irving are brothers.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:41 am 

"dropped ten".

:lol: :lol: :lol:

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:43 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Bagels wrote:
long time guy wrote:

It is going to be difficult to convince the basketball world that Jarrett Allen and Tyler Zeller are better basketball players than Jalil Okafor. He is 2 years removed from being all Rookie. Their team stinks and they are getting blown out on a consistent basis. This isn't a Nerlen Noel situation where the guy is simply a fucking bum that can't play. He dropped 10 during the only game that he participated in for the Nets.

Ltg's celebration of mundane sports achievements continues. Only a player's father would celebrate that player making the "all rookie" team. Oh well. Now I know Okafor and Irving are brothers.

It beats only celebrating the greatness that is Lebron James. Your love of Lebron is rivaled only by that of Bernstein, Goff, and Boers

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:44 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
"dropped ten".

Have you actually seen Jarrett Allen play? I don't think I've seen him drop ten in the 4 combined games that I've seen him play since the trade.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:47 am 

long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
"dropped ten".

Have you actually seen Jarrett Allen play? I don't think I've seen him drop ten in the 4 combined games that I've seen him play since the trade.

All I know about Allen is that the Bears signed him after a long career with Minnesota and he didn't do much when he was here. Racked up 2 tackles though during one game.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:52 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
"dropped ten".

All I know about Allen is that the Bears signed him after a long career with Minnesota and he didn't do much when he was here. Racked up 2 tackles though during one game.

At some point he morphed into a skinny black dude with a damn afro and similar production. Its going to be difficult to justify not playing him behind those two bums. Its an indictment on the coach more than it is Okafor. Atkinson is going to have to play him at some point. Just a matter of when.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:21 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
"dropped ten".

:lol: :lol:

To rock my soul