It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 588 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:25 pm 

FF has Jokic as a top 10 player :lol: :lol: :lol:
Maybe I'm missing something.

Light em up Chicago?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I had him that last year. He’s taken a step back this year. Probably in the 15-20 range overall.

Jokic is the obvious answer in this thread though. The first step to being great is playing in games. Embiid hasn’t gotten past the first step yet. Once he does I would reconsider.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:34 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Embiid

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:40 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
I had him that last year. He’s taken a step back this year. Probably in the 15-20 range overall.

Jokic is the obvious answer in this thread though. The first step to being great is playing in games. Embiid hasn’t gotten past the first step yet. Once he does I would reconsider.

Injury argument is weak play and is repeatedly made as a means of providing wiggle room. Ben Simmons has played in fewer games than Embiid yet you placed in the top 10 as i recall. Again a weak play for such an "Assanine thought"

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:42 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Injury argument is weak play and is repeatedly made as a means of providing wiggle room. Ben Simmons has played in fewer games than Embiid yet you placed in the top 10 as i recall. Again a weak play for such an "Assanine thought"

Ben Simmons hasn’t missed 80% of his career games.

I’m sorry that I want my franchise guys to play in more than 20% of the games. I know it’s asking a lot.

Weak play. Lol.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:49 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Ben Simmons hasn’t missed 80% of his career games.

I’m sorry that I want my franchise guys to play in more than 20% of the games. I know it’s asking a lot.

Weak play. Lol.

He is playing now and he is decidedly the better player. If his career ends tomorrow i can simply use the argument regarding him being better "at the time".

Ben Simmons has only played in 25% of his available games. That really is some increase.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:55 am 

pizza_Place: Obbies
another boorish thread ...You. FF. and Nas in a great round table discussion that no on gives fuck about

I'm out.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:05 am 

Walt Williams Neck wrote:
another boorish thread ...You. FF. and Nas in a great round table discussion that no on gives fuck about

Speaking of things no one gives a fuck about when was the last anyone besides me responded to one of your shitty ass posts?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:06 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

weak play? Derrick Rose would like to have a word with you. Also Doug Collins.

Also Ralph Sampson. Also Greg Oden.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:16 pm 

City of Fools wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

weak play? Derrick Rose would like to have a word with you. Also Doug Collins.

Also Ralph Sampson. Also Greg Oden.

Using prospective injury as a rationale for stating that player A is Better than Player B is a weak play. Whenever he has played he has played at an All Star level. None of the injuries suffered has prevented him from playing at an All Star level. The fact remains that in the 60 Some odd games he has played as a professional his play has been better than Jokic's. That is what you off of. Any player can be injured.

Its weak to say a guy is better because you think the other guy will be injured at some point. That is a new one.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:58 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Using prospective injury

Do you know what prospective means?

This isn't about speculation on the future. This is about the fact that Embiid has missed 80% of his team's games over a 3.5 year period. You're delusional if you think that is not a big deal and not worth factoring into a discussion on who you would want going forward.

Quote:
The fact remains that in the 60 Some odd games he has played as a professional his play has been better than Jokic's.

It's not a fact. That's an opinion based on your view that scoring points is all that matters. Jokic is very unselfish, and naturally plays as a facilitator. Let's look at some career metrics though:

Jokic

23.7 PER, .201 WS/48, 121 Ortg, 107 Drtg, .604 TS%

Embiid

23.4 PER, .137 WS/48, 105 Ortg, 102 Drtg , .583 TS%

So Jokic beats your boy across the board in advanced metrics. But you don't like metrics, so lets go to per 36 minute stats so we can finally find something Embiid is better at:

Jokic

19.1 ppg/12.2 rpg/5,4 apg/2.7 TO/game .530 FG%

Embiid

27.8 ppg/12 rpg/3.5 apg/5.0 TO/game .479 FG%

So Embiid takes A LOT more shots per game, and scores more per game, but less efficiently. Rebounding is a tie. Jokic is obviously a lot better at faciliating and running an offense through him, and shoots the ball more efficiently as well. Embiid also turns the ball over roughly twice as much, which has to be a big knock on him.

I'll take Jokic.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:16 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Using prospective injury

This isn't about speculation on the future. This is about the fact that Embiid has missed 80% of his team's games over a 3.5 year period. You're delusional if you think that is not a big deal and not worth factoring into a discussion on who you would want going forward.

Quote:
The fact remains that in the 60 Some odd games he has played as a professional his play has been better than Jokic's.

It's not a fact. That's an opinion based on your view that scoring points is all that matters. Jokic is very unselfish, and naturally plays as a facilitator. Let's look at some career metrics though:

Jokic

Embiid

So Jokic beats your boy across the board in advanced metrics. But you don't like metrics, so lets go to per 36 minute stats so we can finally find something Embiid is better at:

Jokic

Embiid

So Embiid takes A LOT more shots per game, and scores more per game, but less efficiently. Rebounding is a tie. Jokic is obviously a lot better at faciliating and running an offense through him, and shoots the ball more efficiently as well. Embiid also turns the ball over roughly twice as much, which has to be a big knock on him.

I'll take Jokic.

He takes more shots because he is the more dominant player. That is usually how it works. You would bitch like hell if Justin Holiday took as many shots as Lauri Markannen. Embiid is also a much better defender. You'd be hard pressed to find 5% of the NBA fanbase that believes he is better. Speculating on who may or may not get hurt is weak. If he gets hurt he gets hurt. His injuries have not prevented him from being the better player which means they must not be all that serious. He is playing at a higher level currently and that is all that matters.

Embiid is capable of dominating offensively and defensively. Jokic isn't.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:21 pm 

long time guy wrote:
If he gets hurt he gets hurt. His injuries have not prevented him from being the better player which means they must not be all that serious

:lol: :lol: :lol:

He's missed 3 entire seasons out 3.5 total seasons but yeah his injuries have not been serious.

Appreciate the chuckle man.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:25 pm 
100000 CLUB

Staying healthy is the only thing stopping Embiid from being a top 5 player.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:26 pm 

Nas wrote:

He has to improve in basically every facet of the game to become a top 5 player.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:29 pm 
100000 CLUB

FavreFan wrote:
Nas wrote:

He has to improve in basically every facet of the game to become a top 5 player.

Great scorer, great rebounder and solid defender.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:30 pm 

Nas wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Nas wrote:

Good scorer, good rebounder, average defender. Guys like AD and Cousins are better at every part of the game still than Embiid is, and I don't think either one of us would have either guy as a top 5 player currently.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:27 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Using prospective injury

Quote:

Jokic

Embiid

Jokic

Embiid

I'll take Jokic.

Now you really aren't making sense. If likely to be injured isn't your argument then what is it? Who cares if Embiid was injured previously. Each time he plays its at a high level.

You are anticipating an injury and including it in your rationalization yet it is not about prospective injury.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:30 pm 

You responded to the same post multiple times. By CFMB rules that means I automatically win the argument.

I already explained to you why it's not about prospective injury. If you were unable to understand what I said we can drop it, since I really can't dumb it down anymore or make it any more clear.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:47 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
You responded to the same post multiple times. By CFMB rules that means I automatically win the argument.

I already explained to you why it's not about prospective injury. If you were unable to understand what I said we can drop it, since I really can't dumb it down anymore or make it any more clear.

Its a stupid rationale. He has been injured for three years and thus what again?

Its dumb if he is making All Star teams and playing at a high level. When he plays he is better than Jokic and everyone in the league believes that. If his injuries have prevented him from playing at a high level then maybe you have something. You don't.

The fact remains that as it stands now Embiid is the better player. It is interesting how you have no problem using in the moment for guys like Butler yet now it seems ambiguous. Embiid is playing and you are talking about injuries from previous years. He is simply better and both fans and NBA players regard him as being better. If he wasn't voted in he'd have been selected. THis kid is on his way to being All NBA and I know you don't care about such things but so what. It carries much more weight in NBA circles than John Hollinger and his silly printouts.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:52 pm 

long time guy wrote:
THis kid is on his way to being All NBA and I know you don't care about such things but so what. It carries much more weight in NBA circles than John Hollinger and his silly printouts.

Interesting.

Steph Curry:

2× NBA Most Valuable Player (2015, 2016)
5× NBA All-Star (2014–2018)
2× All-NBA First Team (2015, 2016)
2× All-NBA Second Team (2014, 2017)

Kyrie Irving:

5× NBA All-Star (2013–2015, 2017, 2018)
All-NBA Third Team (2015)
No All-NBA First Team or Second Team selections, No MVPs.

Who ya crappin LTG?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Quote:
Its dumb if he is making All Star teams

watch out world !

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:54 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Nas wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Nas wrote:

Good scorer, good rebounder, average defender. Guys like AD and Cousins are better at every part of the game still than Embiid is, and I don't think either one of us would have either guy as a top 5 player currently.

No they aren't. Embiid falls out of bed and he instantly is a better defender than Cousins. He is a better post player and rim protector than Davis also. Better passer than Davis. Better mid range shooter than Davis. Where are all of these "facets" wit which you speak. More athletic than Cousins and a much better competitor too. I say this as a Cousins guy.

Right now in terms of overall impact it isn't even close.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:59 pm 

Davis is a much better passer and a better shooter. Post ups are even. Davis is a much better defensive player. Davis can dribble better. He takes better shots and turns it over less.

Davis vs Embiid is not a conversation.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:00 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
THis kid is on his way to being All NBA and I know you don't care about such things but so what. It carries much more weight in NBA circles than John Hollinger and his silly printouts.

Interesting.

Steph Curry:

2× NBA Most Valuable Player (2015, 2016)
5× NBA All-Star (2014–2018)
2× All-NBA First Team (2015, 2016)
2× All-NBA Second Team (2014, 2017)

Kyrie Irving:

5× NBA All-Star (2013–2015, 2017, 2018)
All-NBA Third Team (2015)
No All-NBA First Team or Second Team selections, No MVPs.

Who ya crappin LTG?

When matched up head to head Irving destroyed him. If they matchup again head to head he will do the same thing. That was always my argument. You thought it was ludicrous and you were wrong. YOu are moving the goalposts. Curry is more accomplished. The argument between Irving and Curry is also a much closer one than the one between Jokic and Embiid also. Irving will be in the Hall Of Fame when his career is over. He has a ring and Curry has 2. Perception is the only thing standing between those two. Irving will be top five in MVP voting this year. Curry may not. I expect Durant to get the nod. Can't have 2 guys from the same team battling for MVP votes. Durant will receive more votes.

Last edited by long time guy on Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:03 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Davis is a much better passer and a better shooter. Post ups are even. Davis is a much better defensive player. Davis can dribble better. He takes better shots and turns it over less.

Davis vs Embiid is not a conversation.

You said better at every facet and that is false. There is no way that Davis has the post game that Embiid has. Embiid is the closest thing to Akeem Olujawon that this league has seen. He has Akeem Olujuwon type game with more size. Davis doesn't impact games in nearly the way that Embiid does.

Davis is more accomplished but if you asked NBA guys who'd they rather have it would be Embiid. Nas correctly stated that the only thing preventing him from being top 5 is injury.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:08 pm 

long time guy wrote:

Davis is more accomplished but if you asked NBA guys who'd they rather have it would be Embiid.

This is wrong, and downright laughable really.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:11 pm 

Also, Embiid is not Olajuwon :lol: :lol:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:20 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Perception is the only thing standing between those two.

Perception... and stats, shooting, success, and overall game. Other than that yeah basically the same guy.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:27 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Also, Embiid is not Olajuwon :lol: :lol:

Your Eye test isn't worth two dead flies. You are stats inc. at this stage. If you don't see Olajuwon type post up ability then you haven't been paying attention.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 588 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next