It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:18 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 588 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Also, Embiid is not Olajuwon :lol: :lol:

Your Eye test isn't worth two dead flies. You are stats inc. at this stage. If you don't see Olajuwon type post up ability then you haven't been paying attention.

My eye test has been superior to yours ever since you joined the board.

I'm certain I've watched as many Sixers game as you and probably more. Embiid is a good post up player. You're trying to argue he's as good as the best post up player in the history of the game though :lol:

Get your eyes checked, lay off the hyperbole, and come back and discuss.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:31 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Perception is the only thing standing between those two.

Perception... and stats, shooting, success, and overall game. Other than that yeah basically the same guy.

Overall game? Again your eye test stinks. Irving is a better ball handler and finisher at the rim. Compared to some of the all time best finishers in the game. Since you are sort of new to this here thing you wouldn't know that so I will give you a pass. Among the best ball handlers to play the game at the ripe old age of 25. Better one on one player than Curry the pick needer. I concede shooting and that is about it.

IN the immortal words of Jeff Van Gundy Kyrie Irving doesn't have to take a back seat to any player in the NBA. That was 3 years ago when guy like you were still sleep on him.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:34 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Your Eye test isn't worth two dead flies. You are stats inc. at this stage. If you don't see Olajuwon type post up ability then you haven't been paying attention.

I'm certain I've watched as many Sixers game as you and probably more. Embiid is a good post up player. You're trying to argue he's as good as the best post up player in the history of the game though :lol:

No i said he was the closest thing to Olajuwon that this league has seen. Not shocking that you'd flip it. He has a lot of what Olajuwon had in the post. He makes guys look silly at times. You have to watch the game more. Too much stat gazing.

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Perception is the only thing standing between those two.

Perception... and stats, shooting, success, and overall game. Other than that yeah basically the same guy.

Overall game? Again your eye test stinks. Irving is a better ball handler and finisher at the rim. Compared to some of the all time best finishers in the game. Since you are sort of new to this here thing you wouldn't know that so I will give you a pass. Among the best ball handlers to play the game at the ripe old age of 25. Better one on one player than Curry the pick needer. I concede shooting and that is about it.

IN the immortal words of Jeff Van Gundy Kyrie Irving doesn't have to take a back seat to any player in the NBA. That was 3 years ago when guy like you were still sleep on him.

Curry and Irving are always listed as the best ball handlers in the NBA, and Curry is right there with him on that. Kyrie might be a little better at finishing, but no sane person has ever called him the best finisher in the history of the game, so once again, lay off the hyperbole.

On the other hand, MANY people do say Curry is the best shooter in the history of the game and one of the best offensive players in the history of the game. His passing his light years ahead of Kyrie, as well as his decision making. He's a better defender as well(You're gonna deny this, but last time you denied it I buried you with links backing me up and you shut up on it). Curry is easily the better overall player and it is not close. It hasn't been close the last 5 years.

To rock my soul

pizza_Place: Milano's
as an objective observer here, ltg is getting murdered . it's tough to watch

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:35 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

No i said he was the closest thing to Olajuwon that this league has seen. Not shocking that you'd flip it. He has a lot of what Olajuwon had in the post. He makes guys look silly at times. You have to watch the game more. Too much stat gazing.

I didn't flip anything. :lol:

long time guy wrote:
He has Akeem Olujuwon type game with more size.

I accept your apology :D

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:36 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I didn't flip anything. :lol:

long time guy wrote:
He has Akeem Olujuwon type game with more size.

I accept your apology :D

Type doesn't mean exactly the same. You need a thesaurus.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:37 pm 

Bagels wrote:

Do you believe that Jokic is better than Embiid? I will hangup and listen for my answer.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:43 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Bagels wrote:

Do you believe that Jokic is better than Embiid? I will hangup and listen for my answer.

it's tough. i think Jokic has a wider range of skills but Embiid has the ability to dominate more as a scorer
But I think FF's bringing up the injury concern is completely valid and you have to take that into account too. He could end up being Pervis Ellison

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:48 pm 

I feel vindicated. The resident NBA expert on the board said it's a close call. That's good enough for me.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:09 pm 

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
my eye test

I'm out.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:20 pm 

Walt Williams Neck wrote:
my eye test

Your eye test had you thinking we were referring to Jawann Oldham.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:06 pm 

long time guy wrote:
my eye test

you compare a guy that played 62 games with a HOF you are wrong as you are most the time ......better get that Benjamin ready loser

I'm out.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:10 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
LTG is absolutely right about Embiid being better. I'm not sure about Hakeem though.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:16 am 

long time guy wrote:
my eye test

you compare a guy that played 62 games with a HOF you are wrong as you are most the time ......better get that Benjamin ready loser

I will give Favre a pass because he is new to this. You are an old coot who runs around bitching about everything. The Akeem you saw at 33 wasn't the Akeem you saw at 23. You don't know much you're simply shitty.

Watch this video and tell me if he isn't Akeem like. Again he has it 23. Akeem wasn't this polished at this age.

https://youtu.be/AOo3WGKF-no

Get your eyetest and your bread together. I'm not going down easy on this one. That is even with the resting and everything else. I'm right there clown.

Same moves. If you knew anything about basketball you'd know most of that was a post 30 Akeem. Check the tape. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:31 am 

Let’s not get it twisted. I remember Hakeem. We’d have to go back years for some of the threads but iirc, RPB and I were the only ones who had Hakeem as a top 10 overall player of all time. I think he’s close to top 5. I remember Hakeem, and I have yet to see anyone as good as him.

I’ve watched tapes comparing both players, and I just watched that one. Hakeem was undoubtedly better.

Embiid has potential to dominate this league. I’m not denying that. But being a superstar means doing it every single night. Dropped 30 tonight? Cool. Now do it again tomorrow night. I need to see that from Embiid before I can call him a superstar and compare him to all time greats.

Is that fair?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:34 am 
100000 CLUB

FavreFan wrote:
Let’s not get it twisted. I remember Hakeem. We’d have to go back years for some of the threads but iirc, RPB and I were the only ones who had Hakeem as a top 10 overall player of all time. I think he’s close to top 5. I remember Hakeem, and I have yet to see anyone as good as him.

I’ve watched tapes comparing both players, and I just watched that one. Hakeem was undoubtedly better.

Embiid has potential to dominate this league. I’m not denying that. But being a superstar means doing it every single night. Dropped 30 tonight? Cool. Now do it again tomorrow night. I need to see that from Embiid before I can call him a superstar and compare him to all time greats.

Is that fair?

You don't remember Akeem though. Either way he isn't a top 5 player. He isn't even a top 3 center.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:37 am 

Nas wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Is that fair?

You don't remember Akeem though. Either way he isn't a top 5 player. He isn't even a top 3 center.

I do remember Hakeem. My earliest nba memory is the Bulls/Suns Finals and I distinctly remember the Rockets back to back titles.

Its hard to evaluate guys I haven’t watched but I’ll put Hakeem up against Kareem, Russell, and Wilt all day every day. He was perfect. The man had zero flaws in his game. Even Jordan can’t say that.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:44 am 

FavreFan wrote:
Nas wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Is that fair?

I do remember Hakeem. My earliest nba memory is the Bulls/Suns Finals and I distinctly remember the Rockets back to back titles.

Its hard to evaluate guys I haven’t watched but I’ll put Hakeem up against Kareem, Russell, and Wilt all day every day. He was perfect. The man had zero flaws in his game. Even Jordan can’t say that.

You didn't see Akeem at 23 though. You didn't see him with Phi Slamma Jamma. I did. He was raw. Very raw. Embiid at 23 is better than Akeem. The Akeem you saw was in his early thirties. He was a killer at that point.

Embiid is much more refined at the same stage. Doesn't mean he will be better long term but at 23 its not as much of a slam dunk as you think.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:59 am 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Nas wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Is that fair?

You didn't see Akeem at 23 though. You didn't see him with Phi Slamma Jamma. I did. He was raw. Very raw. Embiid at 23 is better than Akeem. The Akeem you saw was in his early thirties. He was a killer at that point.

Embiid is much more refined at the same stage. Doesn't mean he will be better long term but at 23 its not as much of a slam dunk as you think.

Oh. Yeah, I'm sure you're right on that. But every player should be more refined now than guys 20-30 years ago. The nutrition, practice, film study, etc aspects of the game give the current guys such an advtantage over previous generations. Plus you literally have Hakeem teaching new guys his stuff. Hakeem was a soccer player as a teenager. Imagine if he had been playing since grade school and had his own Hakeem to teach him the game?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:31 am 

Nas wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Is that fair?

and Embiid is??? Bite me

I'm out.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:35 am 

Walt, can I get your top 5 centers all time? Also, since Embiid and his injury history is in play, where do you have Bill Walton? Hook a young guy up.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:02 am 

FavreFan wrote:
Walt, can I get your top 5 centers all time? Also, since Embiid and his injury history is in play, where do you have Bill Walton? Hook a young guy up.

Kareem.Wilt ,Russell,Shaq and Hakeem....from and old coot who saw Phi Slamma Jamma too.I'm critical of someone who hasn't played 82 games being one of the greatest :?:

I'm out.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:09 am 

FavreFan wrote:

Kareem.Wilt ,Russell,Shaq and Hakeem....from and old coot who saw Phi Slamma Jamma too.I'm critical of someone who hasn't played 82 games being one of the greatest :?:
Walton was the 2nd best college center I ever saw ...Embiid too small of a sample size Walton played 10 years didn't have the physical ability ...but his knowledge of the game Embiid will never match

I'm out.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:20 am 
100000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Is that fair?

and Embiid is??? Bite me

No genius. Can you read?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:23 am 
100000 CLUB

FavreFan wrote:

I agree with this

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:33 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Nas wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I agree with this

Not a bad list. Maybe we are too old.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:47 am 

pittmike wrote:
Nas wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I agree with this

Not a bad list. Maybe we are too old.

Old is better than being young and stupid

I'm out.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:44 am 
100000 CLUB

How much better would Wilt have been if he got to rest? Championship rings keep him from being the center of all time.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 588 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next