It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:15 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tanking the myth
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
Gives shit teams one or two good players , but not enough to play in the Conference finals ie. the 6ers

I'm out.

Post subject: Re: Tanking the myth
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:59 pm 

Walt Williams Neck wrote:
Gives shit teams one or two good players , but not enough to play in the Conference finals ie. the 6ers

Talk about your proverbial rush to judgment. The Sixers still have never played with a full roster. I'm sure you are still preaching patience with your beloved Wolves. Philly will be fine. Their biggest issue is the fact that the guy who put the plan in place is no longer around. I have little confidence in Colangelo.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:12 pm 

long time guy wrote:

Talk about your proverbial rush to judgment. The Sixers still have never played with a full roster. I'm sure you are still preaching patience with your beloved Wolves. Philly will be fine. Their biggest issue is the fact that the guy who put the plan in place is no longer around. I have little confidence in Colangelo.

Philly will not be fine....and The T-Wolves have already won 3 more games than they did all last year....mmmmm the reason Jimmy Butler....tell YOUR story walkin :lol:

I'm out.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Welcome to last year’s obvious conclusion

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:17 pm 

Hatchetman wrote:
Welcome to last year’s obvious conclusion

you tell that to ltg?

I'm out.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
I gave up talking to him.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:41 pm 

Hatchetman wrote:
I gave up talking to him.
:salut:

I'm out.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:51 pm 

long time guy wrote:

Philly will not be fine....and The T-Wolves have already won 3 more games than they did all last year....mmmmm the reason Jimmy Butler....tell YOUR story walkin :lol:

That team isn't a championship contender. They went "all in" in the hope that they'd make it to the 2nd round. They got bad contracts on the books and they are old. 7th oldest in the league. Savor the moment Walt.

Butler combined with Embiid resting too much gives you the bet. I still like Philly going forward. No comparison.

If Fultz is a no go going forward then it changes things but as it stands now I'm rolling with Philly.

The Bulls are set up sweet too. All they have to do is lose.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:05 pm 

long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:

That team isn't a championship contender. They went "all in" in the hope that they'd make it to the 2nd round. They got bad contracts on the books and they are old. 7th oldest in the league. Savor the moment Walt.

Butler combined with Embiid resting too much gives you the bet. I still like Philly going forward. No comparison.

If Fultz is a no go going forward then it changes things but as it stands now I'm rolling with Philly.

when do the 6ers...see the 2nd round of the playoffs????

I'm out.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:13 pm 

long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Next year at the latest. I wouldn't book the Wolves for the 2nd round this season either. Long way to go. They have no chance without home court advantage.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:14 pm 

long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Next year at the latest. I wouldn't book the Wolves for the 2nd round this season either. Long way to go. They have no chance without home court advantage.

:lol:

I'm out.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:15 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
The Twolves have won less than 20 games 3x in the last 7 years.

Minnesota isn't winning shit, I'd be surprised if Butler doesn't opt out after next year and leave.

Philly and Boston will be the kings of the east for the next 5 years.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:32 pm 

312player wrote:
The Twolves have won less than 20 games 3x in the last 7 years. So have the '6ers

Minnesota isn't winning shit, I'd be surprised if Butler doesn't opt out after next year and leave. I won't be surprised if Embiid and Simmons both don't leave or are injured

Philly and Boston will be the kings of the east for the next 5 years.
Celtics yes

I'm out.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:34 pm 

Philly really fucked up by taking Fultz, if they had Tatum they'd be 50 plus this year.. Tanking wasn't the problem

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:36 pm 

312player wrote:
Philly really fucked up by taking Fultz, if they had Tatum they'd be 50 plus this year.. Tanking wasn't the problem

But they did ..so tanking is a problem

I'm out.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:48 pm 

312player wrote:

Philly is still in a better situation. Tanking wasn't the problem. Injuries were. That can happen whether you tank or not.

Tanking allowed them to draft a legitimate franchise player possibly two. They are generally regarded as one of the better teams going forward.

Would you rather be Philly or Charlotte? What about Brooklyn? New York? All of these teams have made bone headed moves because they have gone for it all these years.

Portland or Philly? Which one is the better team for the next five years.

You have Ben Simmons as a bust so it is difficult for you t9 be objective anyway.

They will be in the playoffs this year and that is with their franchise guy missing a number of games.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:52 pm 

long time guy wrote:
312player wrote:

Philly is still in a better situation. Tanking wasn't the problem. Injuries were. That can happen whether you tank or not.

Tanking allowed them to draft a legitimate franchise player possibly two. They are generally regarded as one of the better teams going forward.

Would you rather be Philly or Charlotte? What about Brooklyn? New York? All of these teams have made bone headed moves because they have gone for it all these years.

You have Ben Simmons as a bust so it is difficult for you t9 be objective anyway.

They will be in the playoffs this year and that is with their franchise guy missing a number of games.

What does Memphis have to show for their go for it attitude and grind out 45 wins a year..nothing

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's

This shouldn't be difficult to understand. If you're a shit team in a rebuild, you want to position yourself to get the most ping pong balls as possible. Yes, some draft classes are weaker than others. That's just the way it goes. The Bulls idea is that they weren't going to win a championship with Butler, Wade, and Lowry. A Butler for Kyrie trade would've been interesting but they wanted to play together, not traded for each other.

If you're in a legit rebuild, you have no say in the quality or talent of a given draft class. It's not as if you have a shot of making the playoffs/making it pass the 1st round, so you take as many shots at the lottery as you can.

23 of the last 38 NBA championships featured a top 3 guy: Magic, Isiah, Hakeem, Michael, Robinson, Duncan, and LeBron. If you add Kobe (he probably would've went top 3 out of college -- it wasn't normal to select a kid out of high school so high in the 90s), it'd be 28 out of 38.

This 2018 class is supposed to be very very good. If you're a bad team and aren't going anywhere anytime soon, take as many shots as you can to acquire the best players.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:08 pm 

Why isnt shaq on your list?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:21 pm 

312player wrote:
long time guy wrote:
312player wrote:

What does Memphis have to show for their go for it attitude and grind out 45 wins a year..nothing

what does Philly show for a 500 record....nothin'

I'm out.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:56 pm 

312player wrote:
Why isnt shaq on your list?

Should have been. Add another championship. 29 with Miami in 2006.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:05 am 

Ron Wolfley wrote:

This shouldn't be difficult to understand. If you're a shit team in a rebuild, you want to position yourself to get the most ping pong balls as possible. Yes, some draft classes are weaker than others. That's just the way it goes. The Bulls idea is that they weren't going to win a championship with Butler, Wade, and Lowry. A Butler for Kyrie trade would've been interesting but they wanted to play together, not traded for each other.

If you're in a legit rebuild, you have no say in the quality or talent of a given draft class. It's not as if you have a shot of making the playoffs/making it pass the 1st round, so you take as many shots at the lottery as you can.

23 of the last 38 NBA championships featured a top 3 guy: Magic, Isiah, Hakeem, Michael, Robinson, Duncan, and LeBron. If you add Kobe (he probably would've went top 3 out of college -- it wasn't normal to select a kid out of high school so high in the 90s), it'd be 28 out of 38.

This 2018 class is supposed to be very very good. If you're a bad team and aren't going anywhere anytime soon, take as many shots as you can to acquire the best players.

so there are 14 Teams that need to tank...maybe 20 how does that make for a competitive league?

I'm out.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:29 am 

Ron Wolfley wrote:

so there are 14 Teams that need to tank...maybe 20 how does that make for a competitive league?

It doesn't.