It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Simmons or Embiid?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Still don’t trust Embiid’s health. Maybe by 2022 I will. Broke down during last year’s playoffs again.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:19 pm 

I have more concerns about Simmons now than I did before though. He doesn’t seem to want to be great in the same way it’s palpable others do.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:20 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Easy answer....Simmons

I agree but I was wrong on Embiid. He’s shown enough where’s it’s a legit question.

Ltg missed this post when bumping this thread :lol:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:48 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Easy answer....Simmons

I agree but I was wrong on Embiid. He’s shown enough where’s it’s a legit question.

But your original point was that Simmons was the better player regardless of health.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:54 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Easy answer....Simmons

But your original point was that Simmons was the better player regardless of health.

No it wasn’t. It was that I’d rather have Simmons than Embiid. I’d suggest reading this again.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:01 pm 

Ok hip hop lets take it from the top.

FavreFan wrote:
Your franchise superstar has to play in more than 10% of his career games. That's a bit more important than free throw shooting.

FavreFan wrote:
Simmons is the key to this whole thing. Embiid is a luxury that probably won't be available most years. Starting this upcoming offseason they need to retool the roster around Simmons. They'll have some flexibility even with Embiid's contract to make some moves.

long time guy wrote:
:| Simmons isn't as impactful as Embiid and I just provided the evidence. Of course Embiid has to play. That is not a revelation but the notion that Simmons can carry this team regardless of surrounding talent is foolish. They are 1-6 without Embiid and Simmons wasn't good enough to beat the Bulls and Sac the last 2 games. Again I say this as Simmons fan. I think it is another example of you overrating the guys that you like. You sort of jump out the water with them.

FavreFan wrote:
Wait... are you under the impression that Simmons won't improve? That this 7 game sample size is gonna define his career? :lol:

It's not overrating guys. It's usually not hard to tell if someone is going to be a future franchise guy pretty early on. Simmons is clearly one.

long time guy wrote:
No he will get better but saying that he will carry any team regardless of talent to 50 wins next year is pushing it. I don't think he will be that good. Certainly not by next year. This thing hinges on Embiid. I gambled on his health. His health is the key to this whole thing.

long time guy wrote:
Well, I do. We will likely find out 16 months from now who is correct.

FavreFan wrote:
I don’t think we have to wait 16 months. I am right on this, period.

Sure about that?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:18 pm 

That post is from when Embiid had missed 90% of his career due to injury, and isn’t from this thread.

I already said in this thread I was wrong about Embiid and that I think I was wrong on Simmons due to his lack of improvement.

You’ll never admit you were wrong about guys like Jokic, Steph vs Kyrie, Tatum vs Mitchell, Fox being the next great PG, Fulz vs Trae, etc. That’s because you’re stubborn and insecure that you were wrong on something. I have no problems admitting I’m wrong and changing my opinion when presented with new info. You mock me for “flip flopping” when I change my mind because you’re a clown who would rather biitch like a little child instead of just saying yup, I was wrong.

Grow up.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:29 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
That post is from when Embiid had missed 90% of his career due to injury, and isn’t from this thread.

I already said in this thread I was wrong about Embiid and that I think I was wrong on Simmons due to his lack of improvement.

You’ll never admit you were wrong about guys like Jokic, Steph vs Kyrie, Tatum vs Mitchell, Fox being the next great PG, Fulz vs Trae, etc. That’s because you’re stubborn and insecure that you were wrong on something. I have no problems admitting I’m wrong and changing my opinion when presented with new info. You mock me for “flip flopping” when I change my mind because you’re a clown who would rather biitch like a little child instead of just saying yup, I was wrong.

Grow up.

Isnt this really about you not being able to admit you are wrong about anything?
Each time you are wrong (which is often) you throw in a million contingencies i.e. excuses. You talk cash shit and calll everyone that disagrees stupid and dumb and when you are proven wrong (again quite often) you try and soft pedal the bullshit as if you didn't really mean it.

Its obvious to anyone with a functioning brain that you were pumping Simmons as the better player.
The Embiid injury bullshit you threw in once it became apparent that you were wrong.

Remember when you and that assclown Walt thought it was "dumb" when i compared Embiid to Olujawon? Well check his numbers and watch him actually play and its obvious that he compares rather favorably to Olajuwon. Especially the early version.

Truth is you and your message board idiot friends were all up with the gotcha bullshit til it became obvious that you were getting your asses handed to you.

Chiming in on virtually every post for the purpose of not so respectfully disagreeing. Once i began to react in kind then it became about psychological evaluations.

If i had the interest i could bump a lot of that bullshit. Then you will claim its all in the past. Sure it is. Maybe your guy Imu didn't actually receive the memo if it is.

Last edited by long time guy on Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:31 pm 

You could bump a lot of bullshit and so could I. The difference is you can’t admit when you’re wrong because you’re insecure. That’s it.

And it’s still dumb that you compared Embiid to Hakeem :lol: thanks for reminding me of that

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:38 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
You could bump a lot of bullshit and so could I. The difference is you can’t admit when you’re wrong because you’re insecure. That’s it.

I don't care if i get anything on here wrong or not. This board doesn't define me nor do i use it for validation.

Truth is you had a lot of that shit going and you actually still do.

You were so bitter about being embarrassed about the Kyrie/Steph thing that you brought the shit back a full year later. Even after i refused to take a victory lap.

How is that for insecurity? Truth is i embarrass you dudes quite a bit with this shit and if i were to really take a tally as to which guy (s) seek out confrontations about things where do you think i'd fall?

I only began making personal once i truly surmised that it was well personal. There is no objectivity involved in any of this.

The responses are totally based on the guys that make the shit.

Last edited by long time guy on Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:40 pm 

It’s funny you think you were right about Kyrie being better than Steph.

History will barely remember Kyrie. Steph will go down as one of the greatest players of this era and changed the way basketball was played. It’s almost impossible to be more wrong on anything in sports than saying Kyrie Irving is better at basketball than Steph Curry.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:41 pm 

FavreFan wrote:

History will barely remember Kyrie. Steph will go down as one of the greatest players of this era and changed the way basketball was played. It’s almost impossible to be more wrong on anything in sports than saying Kyrie Irving is better at basketball than Steph Curry.

Again the pivot and distortion of facts. Same shit every time. Can't admit you're wrong. About anything. Just like earlier you claimed that you said Lonzo was simply "ok". Nah it was "good" to " very good"

Fox was hot garbage and you believed he'd be trash in the league". Now he is a guy that you like.

Last edited by long time guy on Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:44 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Again the pivot and distortion of facts. Same shit every time. Can't admit you're wrong. About anything.

There’s nothing I’m wrong about on Steph vs Kyrie. Only a fucking idiot would still say Kyrie is/was better Steph. And yet you’re happy to be that fucking idiot all because you’re stubborn and scared of just saying yup, I was wrong, like everyone else can. Its sad.

But, I did admit I was wrong in this thread so either you can’t read or you’re just being a clown like I said. You choose.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:50 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Again the pivot and distortion of facts. Same shit every time. Can't admit you're wrong. About anything.

There’s nothing I’m wrong about. Only a fucking idiot would still say Kyrie is/was better Steph. And yet you’re happy to be that fucking idiot all because you’re stubborn and scared of just saying yup, I was wrong, like everyone else can. Its sad.

I said he'd outplay him in a head to head. You said it was "stupid" and "dumb" to think that. Everyone familiar with it knows exactly what the discussion was about. When they matched up he destroyed him on the biggest stage imaginable like i said he would.

Once it occurred you were too weak to simply say you were wrong so you pivoted and lied about "careers" and "whose" better. That wasn't the debate.

Then you referenced it a full year later for the all important purpose of getting your lick back.

Since then you have chosen to lie and make it about me not accepting the fact that Curry is better. In truth you have been full of shit about this the entire time.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:53 pm 

I said Steph was outplayed in game 7. It’s dumb to say he was outplayed for the whole series.

Let’s settle this ltg. Who has been the better NBA player - Steph or Kyrie. Don’t need to write 4 paragraphs in response. It’s a simple question. What’s your answer

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:04 am 

FavreFan wrote:
I said Steph was outplayed in game 7. It’s dumb to say he was outplayed for the whole series.

Let’s settle this ltg. Who has been the better NBA player - Steph or Kyrie. Don’t need to write 4 paragraphs in response. It’s a simple question. What’s your answer

That wasn't my original point. But since you want to lie and make it as if it were i will first answer then later i will bump and expose the lie.

Steph has had a better career thus far. Kyrie will probably never match 2 .MVPs. however I always maintained Steph was overrated and this year was going to go long way towards proving it.

When they matched up head to head Irving destroyed him

Anyone that doesn't think shit like that matters is an idiot. Since you don't think it matters then you're an idiot.

As far as numbers go they are actually extremely close.

Going forward there isn't a doubt in my mind as to who the better player will be.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:05 am 

I will simply start bumping from here and work my way down to expose all the damn lying you're currently doing.

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Kyrie Irving is the most offensively skilled point guard in the league.

Quite possibly the most silly NBA thing you ever posted.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:07 am 

long time guy wrote:
I will simply start bumping from here and work my way down to expose all the damn lying you're currently doing.

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Kyrie Irving is the most offensively skilled point guard in the league.

Quite possibly the most silly NBA thing you ever posted.

Yeah, this is another example of you being wrong. Thanks for bumping and finding this.

Steph is the most skilled offensive point guard of this generation. Chris Paul is his only competition and he hasn’t had near the effect Steph does. Thanks for reminding us you think Kyrie is and was better than Steph offensively. Still amuses me greatly.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:10 am 

It’s funny you have IMU’s Coby White post in your signature too. White’s going to be good. You pretending otherwise is another PG thought of yours that we’ll laugh at later on and you’ll bump like 50 different posts trying to distract from it.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:11 am 

I really am about to show you how stupid you sounded and continue to sound on all of this.

Continue to argue to you can really seem like a complete jackass when its all done.

Here is you making it seem like the kid wasn't good enough to wipe Steph Curry's ass.
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
it is pretty obvious that Irving's skills are equal if not better than Curry's. And it's on a hobbled leg no less. You can decide for yourself.

To bring up stats when it's not warranted is the ridiculous part.

:lol:

You are talking about them like they are 19 year old prospects. Both are veteran all stars. If Kyrie Irving's skill set produces the stats I laid out, then it's not close to Steph's skill set. No matter how you want to spin this, you are wrong.

Just hilarious how quick you were to shoot down all the stats that show just how fucking dumb your opinion on this is.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:20 am 

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I love that you’re doubling down on Kyrie being a better basketball player than Steph.

Steph Curry: 2 MVPs, 3 NBA championships, the best guard of his era, changed the way the entire sport is played.

Kyrie: On his 3rd team in 4 years, had one great moment in Game 7 of the Finals, will never be remembered for anything else

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:25 am 

Here is you again sounding "dumb" as shit.

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
I've digressed too much. Isaiah Thomas, Greg Anthony, Kenny Smith have all marveled at the skill set of Kyrie Irving yet in your world it's silly to think that he has the most complete skill set of any point guard in the league. Mind you that you couldn't provide reasons as to why he doesn't. At the very least it's still not silly to think that.

Steph Curry is arguably the best offensive player in the history of the NBA. Kyrie is a very talented offensive PG who might be the 2nd best offensive PG in the league, but there are no stats, metrics, eye test, whatever that suggests he's even on the same planet as Steph when it comes to scoring prowess.

No he is not. He has had a helluva 2 year run and the only thing he does better is shoot. He doesn't have the handle of Irving nor the pull up game nor can he finish like Irving. As Jeff Van Gundy has correctly stated, Irving is as offensively gifted as any point in the league. Also stated that he doesn't have to take a back seat to anyone.

Jeff Van Gundy is wrong. Again, every possible statistic that you can come up with will back me up on this. Steph has just as good of ball handling skills as Kyrie, and is a much better mid range shooter as well. A glance at their shooting spray charts will back this up. Irving might be a better finisher, but Steph is pretty awesome at that too, and he's so much better at shooting 3 pointers that it makes comparing them as scorers just silly. When Irving starts averaging 30 ppg with some of the most efficient true shooting percentages ever recorded, then you can compare them.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:29 am 

I mean... I appreciate you bumping all these posts. Thank you. There’s really no debate between Steph and Kyrie. Steph is an all time great player who changed the entire sport. Kyrie is a fun, talented all star and that’s it.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:29 am 

Now for those all important career #s
https://www.basketball-reference.com/pl ... nky01.html

https://www.basketball-reference.com/pl ... yst01.html

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:33 am 

FavreFan wrote:
I mean... I appreciate you bumping all these posts. Thank you. There’s really no debate between Steph and Kyrie. Steph is an all time great player who changed the entire sport. Kyrie is a fun, talented all star and that’s it.

He's also a guy that made you look "dumb" as hell by destroying the guy that you said he'd never destroy.
All time player :lol: :lol:

Overrated fraud just like i called it but i'm sure that his injury prevented him from displaying that all time greatness.

Truth be told Kyrie is going to have him beat in a few key offensive categories by the time their careers are concluded.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:36 am 

long time guy wrote:

Stats don’t mean everything but thank you for helping to prove Steph is better than Kyrie.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:36 am 

FavreFan wrote:

Well he did fuck Curry in the Finals when you said he would not so yeah there isn't really a debate i guess.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:38 am 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

He's also a guy that made you look "dumb" as hell by destroying the guy that you said he'd never destroy.
All time player :lol: :lol:

Overrated fraud just like i called it but i'm sure that his injury prevented him from displaying that all time greatness.

Truth be told Kyrie is going to have him beat in a few key offensive categories by the time their careers are concluded.

Steph Curry won 2 MVPs, 3 titles, multiple All NBA first teams, is one of the most memorable players of his era, and changed the way the entire sport is played and viewed. Yes, he’s an all time great player by every possible criteria. Kyrie has none of those accolades and isn’t in his class.

Thank you for this. It’s been pretty amusing.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:38 am 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Stats don’t mean everything but thank you for helping to prove Steph is better than Kyrie.

Yeah but you repeatedly and rather stupidly claim there is no comparison. Quite obviously the stats demonstrate that there is in fact a comparison.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:40 am 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Well he did fuck Curry in the Finals when you said he would not so yeah there isn't really a debate i guess.

They won in game 7 barely. Nobody fucked anybody. But yes Kyrie played great in that series and made the pivotal shot of the series at the end of game 7. Kyrie is really good and I’ve never said otherwise. He’s just never been as good as Steph and that’s a fact and it’s been proven over several years, not a game or two. I love that you won’t throw in the towel on this though. It’s reminiscent of Dignified Rube saying Fouts is better than Brady.

To rock my soul

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next