It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:17 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 447 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: Jimmy Butler watch
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:44 pm 

Nardi wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Reddick, former bust.

No one ever thought JJ Redick would be an NBA star. Maybe you i guess.

Plenty said he'd be a bust. Including me. #11 pick. And was a bust for his 3 opening years. Just shows young guys can improve and probably shouldn't be called busts after a dozen games.

I said i think he will be a bust but you have a guy calling them without ever playing a game.

You can't be a bust if no one ever thought you would be great. Redick would have been a failed draft pick and nothing else. As i remember it was a weak draft.

we will see how it plays out but you have guys calling Fultz a bust without him ever removing a warm up jersey and i don't think you have said its too early for him so I will simply infer that its because you like Young.

Even if young isn't a bust he isn't going to be elite. Too small and he will never be good defensively Curry is bad but this kid is worse. probably much worse.

He has a few good games but he is getting outplayed by mediocre guards on a regular. That is always a tell tale sign.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:10 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
long time guy wrote:
Nardi wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Reddick, former bust.

Plenty said he'd be a bust. Including me. #11 pick. And was a bust for his 3 opening years. Just shows young guys can improve and probably shouldn't be called busts after a dozen games.

I said i think he will be a bust but you have a guy calling them without ever playing a game.

You can't be a bust if no one ever thought you would be great. Redick would have been a failed draft pick and nothing else. As i remember it was a weak draft.

we will see how it plays out but you have guys calling Fultz a bust without him ever removing a warm up jersey and i don't think you have said its too early for him so I will simply infer that its because you like Young.

Even if young isn't a bust he isn't going to be elite. Too small and he will never be good defensively Curry is bad but this kid is worse. probably much worse.

He has a few good games but he is getting outplayed by mediocre guards on a regular. That is always a tell tale sign.

I guess we had a definition problem. Now that I know where you're coming from, Parker is an unmitigated bust, is he not?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:18 pm 

Nardi wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Nardi wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Reddick, former bust.

I guess we had a definition problem. Now that I know where you're coming from, Parker is an unmitigated bust, is he not?

Jabari Parker avg 21 and 6 as a 21. year old in this league. Thats far. from a bust.

I'm not saying Young is a bust. Its too early. I'm saying he will be a bust. We will see. Clearly you think he isn't we will see on that. Too early but I'm confident just like i was confident about Ball.

Do you think he will be great? The only reason i felt compelled to comment was because guys (coincidentally the same idiot that repeatedly pumped Ball all year) Has been pumping Young also. If people thought he was just a guy then i'd leave it alone.

Do you think he will be a great player? Good? Avg?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:43 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Nardi wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Nardi wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Reddick, former bust.

Jabari Parker avg 21 and 6 as a 21. year old in this league. Thats far. from a bust.

I'm not saying Young is a bust. Its too early. I'm saying he will be a bust. We will see. Clearly you think he isn't we will see on that. Too early but I'm confident just like i was confident about Ball.

Do you think he will be great? The only reason i felt compelled to comment was because guys (coincidentally the same idiot that repeatedly pumped Ball all year) Has been pumping Young also. If people thought he was just a guy then i'd leave it alone.

Do you think he will be a great player? Good? Avg?

Advantage is he sees the court really well. The disadvantage is he doesn't know even the basics of defense. There's a shit ton of coaching to do. High ceiling, IMO, so it's up to him, but it could take awhile.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:07 pm 

You can't be that small and unathletic and be even serviceable defensively. NBA guards are too good. He is a good passer. Terrible shot selection though. Needs to get away from trying to be the next Steph Curry also.

He will always shoot a terrible percentage as long as he continues to take bad shots.

He struggles beating his primary defender off the dribble.

He is good in pick and roll though. He is able to beat bigs off the bounce but his lack of quickness hinders him against smaller players.
Don't see this one happening.

At best he will be a sparkplug off the bench. If that's the case bust

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:18 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
"I think the ball movement, everyone being on the same page, and the new pieces that we have, like they're for the team," Rose said (via the Chicago Sun-Times). "They're professional, great dudes, and that's what we needed."

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/rose-discu ... 00527.html

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:27 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
https://es.pn/2RDg36u

Everywhere Jimmy goes...

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
https://es.pn/2RDg36u

Everywhere Jimmy goes...

Everywhere he goes, he wins.

What is the 76ers record with him now? Really good.

Embiid isn't on Butler's level. Of course he is going to have less field goals per game. But he can affect the game in other positive ways. And it is coach's job to find a way to get Embiid down low

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Any spacing issues Embiid has stem more directly from having a starting point guard who refuses to shoot than anything related to Butler. Losing Saric and Covington out of the starting lineup does hurt their spacing, but again, this is far more attributable to Simmons being no threat whatsoever on the perimeter than Butler's mere presence.

The other thing is that Embiid's shot attempts haven't exactly fallen off or changed pre and post-Butler, and Sixers fans themselves were complaining about him not staying in the post enough before Butler showed up.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:38 pm 

ZephMarshack wrote:
Any spacing issues Embiid has stem more directly from having a starting point guard who refuses to shoot than anything related to Butler. Losing Saric and Covington out of the starting lineup does hurt their spacing, but again, this is far more attributable to Simmons being no threat whatsoever on the perimeter than Butler's mere presence.

The other thing is that Embiid's shot attempts haven't exactly fallen off or changed pre and post-Butler, and Sixers fans themselves were complaining about him not staying in the post enough before Butler showed up.

He was avg 28 per pre Butler and avg 23 post Butler. He may just simply be in a bit of a slump but he wasn't playing on the perimeter as much so far this year.

I think Butler makes them better so Embiid will just have to figure it out. I don't think Butler will be nearly as detrimental for Simmons and Embiid as was for Towns and Wiggins.

Butler holds the ball a lot which might be what the problem happens to be.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:18 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:18 pm 

So Embiid doesn't even have his narrative straight.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:23 pm 

IMU wrote:
So Embiid doesn't even have his narrative straight.

Bad optics.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:00 am 

Has only play 68 or more games twice in 9 seasons

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:47 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
The general rule is as long as you're winning then you should STFU about everything else. Too bad Embiid doesn't get it.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:48 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
The general rule is as long as you're winning then you should STFU about everything else. Too bad Embiid doesn't get it.

Did Butler utilize this rule last season in Minnesota?

If Butler is going to be the guy that MANY on here believe him to be he has to play. He is injured every year.

Same rule applies to Embiid by the way but he has been more consistent with the minutes and has shown a willingness tp play when healthy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:06 am 

long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

If Butler is going to be the guy that MANY on here believe him to be he has to play. He is injured every year.

Same rule applies to Embiid by the way but he has been more consistent with the minutes and has shown a willingness tp play when healthy

They made the playoffs for the first time in a decade + with Butler.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:28 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

8th Seed and needed overtime of the last game in order to get there. Did i also mention how the team they bested last season were beset by injuries? Much more beset by injuries than Minnesota? Only reason they made it last season.

Bulls missed one year and only made it as an 8th seed on the last game of the season the previous year with him as the best player.

They were 4-9 and losers of 5 straight prior to him being traded this season.

Continue to push the narrative that he is a "winner" or difference maker. They were considered a 3rd seed before the trade and they are considered a 3rd seed post trade. Some difference maker.

Embiid is the MVP candidate. Not Butler.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:07 am 

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:12 am 

veganfan21 wrote:

They also made it because of Karl Anthony Towns. Butler missed 23 games. Karl Anthony Towns missed none.

As far as Impact goes i like the better player that misses none as opposed to the 2nd best that misses 23.

Don't ever let facts deter you however.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:40 am 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

They also made it because of Karl Anthony Towns. Butler missed 23 games. Karl Anthony Towns missed none.

As far as Impact goes i like the better player that misses none as opposed to the 2nd best that misses 23.

Don't ever let facts deter you however.

How many games did KAT play the year before?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:41 am 

Fact: They made the playoffs for the first time in a decade + with Butler.

Fact: They went 8-9 went Butler went down and KAT took over.

Fact: They went 3-0 when Butler returned to grab the last spot.

Fact: You're not doing too well here.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:30 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
Fact: They made the playoffs for the first time in a decade + with Butler.

Fact: They went 8-9 went Butler went down and KAT took over.

Fact: They went 3-0 when Butler returned to grab the last spot.

Fact: You're not doing too well here.

KAT also play in the same games though. In order for your argument to have legs he'd have had to miss those games.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:57 pm 

pizza_Place: pizza hut
bump

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Just a terminal asshat.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Wow, this guy really is an entitled piece of shit.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:35 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Jbi11s wrote:
Wow, this guy really is an entitled piece of shit.

Your signature is the funniest thing I read all day.

And fuck Butler. I hate entitled, diva athletes.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:55 pm 

Jimmy reminds me of myself in the professional world.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:17 pm 

You tell him Jimmy. Grab that whiteboard and coach this shit yourself if you have to.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
IMU wrote:
Jimmy reminds me of myself in the professional world.

Perpetually disliked and overpaid?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 447 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next