It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 568 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:42 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Nardi wrote:
Orlando outscore their average by 22 points. Started watching at half and made it a quarter and a half, which is longer than I've stayed for 2 months. It's a tough watch when you have zero stops.

its almost as if one team was at home after resting for 2 days and the other team was on the road the night after winning a double OT thriller. Hawks were a little flat and ran out of gas in the 2nd half. Trae didn't have a his best night, but still finished with 29/9. Did a great job getting to the line on a night his jumper didn't have legs underneath it.

Not a bad night for a guy who did this the night before...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:47 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
We should close this thread. Trae Young is a very good player, and he is also very young and prone to mistakes. There are areas in which he can prove. But what he does well is extremely hard to teach, and what he doesn't do well he can learn to be at least average in.

He is a star in the making. Anyone who says differently is basketball stupid. And there is no argument to be had. No discussion to be had. It is a simple fact, and does not require a response or a counterpoint.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:51 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
That's all. I don't care about the NBA.

Yet he knows about all of my "numerous" posts in a 30 page thread.
Frank Coztansa wrote:
You have MANY posts in a thirty page thread dedicated to Trae Young that says otherwise.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:54 am 

IMU wrote:
We should close this thread. Trae Young is a very good player, and he is also very young and prone to mistakes. There are areas in which he can prove. But what he does well is extremely hard to teach, and what he doesn't do well he can learn to be at least average in.

He is a star in the making. Anyone who says differently is basketball stupid. And there is no argument to be had. No discussion to be had. It is a simple fact, and does not require a response or a counterpoint.

Aren't you the dude that claims to love "winning" basketball players? Well Carmelo Anthony made the playoffs the first 9 years of his career and all you do is talk shit about him being a loser.

Well there is no bigger loser than this kid currently

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:58 am 

IMU wrote:

99% correct. Only thing I would change is that this isn't the thread that should be closed, it's the other one that should be closed. This is the Trae Young appreciation thread.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:02 am 

pizza_Place: John's
If you watch the games, the Hawks usually play better when Trade Young is on the bench. At the very least there isn't any noticeable difference when he is in the game.(the ball moves more and they get to play defense with 5 players when he's out). That doesn't seem like star material to me? Scout the Stateline nerds like IMU check the box score and see Trade Young threw up 30 points(usually on bad shooting, in a team loss) and declare him a stud.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:11 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
If you watch the games, the Hawks usually play better when Trade Young is on the bench. At the very least there isn't any noticeable difference when he is in the game.(the ball moves more and they get to play defense with 5 players when he's out). That doesn't seem like star material to me? Scout the Stateline nerds like IMU check the box score and see Trade Young threw up 30 points(usually on bad shooting, in a team loss) and declare him a stud.

Yep. Couldn't agree more. One of the reasons that their defense is so shitty is because they often have to provide help for his sorry defense playing ass. Fultz blew by him for 4 straight scores last night and then they started 3 quarter court pressing and trapping just so that Ice Trae wouldn't be left out on an island on Defense.

Since Teague has been on the team the offense flows much better with certain betters i.e Cam Reddish getting to touch it more. Reddish actually looked pretty good last night.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:15 am 

I watched most of the Hawks Magic game.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:17 am 

IMU wrote:
I watched most of the Hawks Magic game.

Then you saw him get outplayed by Fultz.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:24 am 

Caller Bob wrote:

1. you haven't watched a game all year

2. Hawks ORtg with Trae on the court is 111.8. With him off the court it is an abysmal 96.5. Even factoring in defense the team is still +6.5 when Trae is on the court.

3. Usually on bad shooting? True FG% of 59.9%. The only PGs in the entire league ahead of him are Lillard and CP3.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:30 pm 

Took him some time to get adjusted to being coached for the first time since high school, but Cam Reddish is really starting to look good. Been great defensively all year, but now he's starting to hit his shots as well.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:38 am 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:59 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:39 pm 

Anyone that hates James Harden for foul hunting all the time should also have at the least a profound dislike for Trae Young too as he does exactly the same thing.
Every time he penetrates he jumps into someone and expects for there to be a foul called.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:32 am 

Appears that the league happens to "own" him as well.
The problems behind Trae Young's signature plays
Kudos to the Real (3 guys on here don't fit this description) Hoop Guys that had this covered for the better part of 2 years now. You know them. They are the guys that actually know that Trae is a big part of the problem in Atlanta.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2882 ... ture-plays

Quote:
Looking at the data, the best two offenses in the NBA are the Dallas Mavericks and whichever team is playing against Young and the Hawks. Doncic and the Mavs lead the NBA by scoring 116.1 points per 100 possessions. When Young is on the court, Hawks opponents are also pouring in 116.1 per 100. Oof.

And just as Atlanta's offensive on/off numbers reveal how important Young is on that end of the floor, the team's defensive numbers have an opposite plotline. With Young on the bench, the Hawks' defensive rating is 106.8, which would rank just below the Clippers for sixth best in the NBA.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:47 am 

Wait oh wait oh wait it gets worse.
Quote:

But while those deep-space triples may be his signature play, it's unclear if they are actually helping the Hawks win games. Here's where it gets interesting: When Young misses a 3-point shot, opponents should start licking their chops. Other teams turn Young's missed 3s into points at freakishly high rates.

Young misses 64% of his 3s, and opponents grab defensive boards on about 75% of those misses. On the ensuing possessions, as those defenses turn into offenses, they rack up a wild 127 points per 100 possessions, according to Second Spectrum tracking data. Folks, the league average offensive efficiency following a missed 3 is 112.

This is what "stat padding" and putting up numbers on losing teams" happens to be. They will never be shit as long as they believe they can build a team around him and losing ass brand of basketball.

I will take the "L" on the bust shit but all of the stats inc bullshit which bandies the names of all time greats in conjunction with this kid needs to stop also.

He ain't that and never will be.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:04 am 

Care to comment on Zach Lavine and the Bull's opponent's ORtg when he is on the court? Spoiler alert, it is also really bad and it goes down significantly when he sits.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/pl ... n-off/2020

You owned yourself again.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:06 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
"I ignore Trae Young"

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:21 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
For the most part, nobody cares about the NBA.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:28 am 

IMU wrote:
Care to comment on Zach Lavine and the Bull's opponent's ORtg when he is on the court? Spoiler alert, it is also really bad and it goes down significantly when he sits.

I'm not the guy posting about Zach Lavine being the best point guard since Nate "Tiny" Archibald nor am I posting about him being the second best 2 Guard since Oscar Robertson.

I contend that Lavine isn't the Bulls main problem and he isn't. No one outside of the guys that really know basketball (Hint: You ain't one of them) will even admit that part of Atlanta's problem as a team is Trae Young.

As far as being owned no one gets owned more than you on here.

For example. Do you care to explain how is it that James Harden doesn't play point guard for Houston again? 0 minutes at the point for him as I recall.

Is there anything that has been said on here in the last 5 years as stupid as that? Oh my bad there is "Bob McAdoo invented the stretch 4 position"

Your thoughts are so idiotic that even guys that generally like you simply just ignore you out of fear of offending you. Unfortunately you are too stupid to realize it and believe that it is somehow an endorsement of them. No one dares hitch their wagon to you on here. No one.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:35 am 

pizza_Place: What??
long time guy wrote:
IMU wrote:

I'm not the guy posting about Zach Lavine being the best point guard since Nate "Tiny" Archibald nor am I posting about him being the second best 2 Guard since Oscar Robertson.

I contend that Lavine isn't the Bulls main problem and he isn't. No one outside of the guys that really know basketball (Hint: You ain't one of them) will even admit that part of Atlanta's problem as a team is Trae Young.

For example. Do you care to explain how is it that James Harden doesn't play point guard for Houston again? 0 minutes at the point for him as I recall.

Is there anything that has been said on here in the last 5 years as stupid as that? Oh my bad there is "Bob McAdoo invented the stretch 4 position"

Your thoughts are so idiotic that even guys that generally like you simply just ignore you out of fear of offending you. Unfortunately you are too stupid to realize it and believe that it is somehow an endorsement of them. No one dares hitch their wagon to you on here. No one.

Forget about Zach Lavine. Did somebody say Tiny Archibald is better than anybody since?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:44 am 

Nardi wrote:
long time guy wrote:
IMU wrote:

Forget about Zach Lavine. Did somebody say Tiny Archibald is better than anybody since?

Might be using hyperbole but he has been throwing around stats as if the guy is an all time great. None of them ever involve winning coincidentally and whenever talk of winning comes up there are a million and one excuses i.e Collins and Huerter being hurt, Other players being bums, Team is too young etc

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:24 am 

Was completely outplayed by Morant and his team was blown out twice this week by Memphis. Memphis was without Jackson and Clarke for both of the games.

They will never sniff the playoffs as long as this kid is their best player.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:43 pm 

Hopefully Trae is healthy and good to go tonight. Been battling a bad case of the flu for the past week. Didn't play Friday night, but did play Saturday and looked like death out there.

Hoping this isn't teh first case of NBA Corona.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:46 pm 

The flu didn't slow MJ down.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:10 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
The flu didn't slow MJ down.

fair enough, although MJ was dealing with some bad pizza from the night before whereas Trae is possibly Patient Zero for the pandemic that is going to destroy the NBA.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:13 am 

For the Bulls fans, thank God Trade Young was his usual garbage self last night :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:35 am 

Hatchetman wrote:
The guy I wanted.

You would

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 568 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19