It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 1:52 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 568 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:47 pm 

Edit.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:03 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Rough shooting game for Trae, only 5-19, but it helped that 2 of those 5 came in the final 6 seconds of the game including a buzzer beater for the win. Also contributed 16 assists to 1 turnover. Sign of a future star that he can lead his team to victory even when his shot isn't falling.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:08 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
long time guy wrote:

Ok. I'm moving past that. I got it wrong. I'm also hearing that he is a future All Star and Hall of Famer which conveniently goes unchallenged.

I don't really hear much future HOFer stuff on the kid but there's really no question at this point he's a future All Star

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:38 am 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Ok. I'm moving past that. I got it wrong. I'm also hearing that he is a future All Star and Hall of Famer which conveniently goes unchallenged.

I don't really hear much future HOFer stuff on the kid but there's really no question at this point he's a future All Star

From Shakes you do and there is a Hugequestion as to whether he is a future All Star. His numbers aren't that much better than Shroeder's from last year and his team has only won a few more games as a result of him being installed as starter. Mind you last year's team went into tank mode as early as Jan last season whereas this team is actually attempting to win games.

He has played well over the past couple of months but let's not get it twisted. He is a 41% shooter with shitty defense. His passing is elite but nothing about him suggests future NBA superstar.

I will fold on the bust stuff but that doesn't mean that I think he will be the next great NBA point guard. I got him as a 6th man of the year candidate down the line. At best.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:48 am 

I wonder if Ben Simmons changed his mind after last night's game or maybe he needs Trae to come give him and his team yet another ass whupping.

Dumb move Ben, probably not a good idea to diss Trae 2 days before playing him, he keeps tabs on that stuff. Also, maybe they do math different in Australia but I'm pretty sure Trae has been on the floor for more NBA victories than Luka. Trae also about to complete his first NBA season by playing in every single game. Not bad for a little guy everyone said was too small to handle the league.

Completely dominated the Sixers yet again for yet another win over them...season sweep for the Hawks. Trae distanced himself from MJ and Steph with his 7th 30/10 game of the season.

Not bad for a former BUST turned future BENCH PLAYER.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:58 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
He's becoming better than I thought he'd be.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:25 am 

IMU wrote:
He's becoming better than I thought he'd be.

He's becoming better than everyone thought he'd be, even me to an extent. I always thought he had this in him, but never thought it would happen this soon.

He's a joy to watch play too, very entertaining and has that "it" factor. Lots of flair to his game.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:41 am 

shakes wrote:
I wonder if Ben Simmons changed his mind after last night's game or maybe he needs Trae to come give him and his team yet another ass whupping.

Dumb move Ben, probably not a good idea to diss Trae 2 days before playing him, he keeps tabs on that stuff. Also, maybe they do math different in Australia but I'm pretty sure Trae has been on the floor for more NBA victories than Luka. Trae also about to complete his first NBA season by playing in every single game. Not bad for a little guy everyone said was too small to handle the league.

Completely dominated the Sixers yet again for yet another win over them...season sweep for the Hawks. Trae distanced himself from MJ and Steph with his 7th 30/10 game of the season.

Not bad for a former BUST turned future BENCH PLAYER.

Killed TJ McConnell. Noted bum. Terry Rozier (among many others) have also killed TJ McConnell. Philly's Achilles Heel is defending the point guard position. Everyone knows it. He gets no props from that.

This dude still sees greatness in Lonzo Ball. Anything that he says after that is pure rubbish. I will admit that I was wrong about the Bust thing but this notion that he is setting the league on fire is garbage.

he plays for a shitty team and he dominates the ball. Shroeder avg 19-20 and 6 last season and his advanced numbers were actually better (for those that swear by it. He is currently a bench player. They have more invested in this kid so they will roll a little longer but once they try and really become competitive he will either be a bench player or dealt.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:46 am 

Some of that flair I was talking about, walked in like that (with props) and drops 33/7/12 on the Sixers.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:59 am 

shakes wrote:
Sixers suck, ATL has a better future.

They have been blown out 37 times already this year by my count. :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:43 pm 

Trae's iron man streak came to an end at 80 games as ATL decided to give him and Collins the night off yesterday with Dallas inching a little too close to ATL's spot in the tank standings. That sucks, thought it would be cool if he played and started all 82 games his rookie year...not exactly a common thing to do in this day and age even if you are a 5 year vet.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:49 am 

Trae finished his rookie season averaging 19.1ppg, 8.1apg, 3.7rpg. Only other players (not rookies) who averaged over 19/8/3 this season were these guys who you might've heard of...

Harden
Jokic
Lebron
Westbrook
Jrue
Wall

https://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/tiny.fcgi?id=4WyA4

Not bad for a future BUST and a guy who won't be as good as Markele Fultz.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:55 am 

Among point guards he is ranked 78th out of 102 in RPM. The guys that he is keeping company with are all either barely in their team's rotation or bench Warner's that don't play. Sort of lends credence to this statement

Long Time Guy wrote:
When you look at where he was drafted its safe to say he will be a bust. He will score a few points because he plays for a shitty team that has to have someone they can market.

Once that wears off in about year or 2 he will either be benched or dealt. His most productive role in the NBA will be as an instant offense type guy off the bench.

No way in hell that he will ever be an elite player.

http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/rpm

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
long time guy wrote:
Among point guards he is ranked 78th out of 102 in RPM. The guys that he is keeping company with are all either barely in their team's rotation or bench Warner's that don't play. Sort of lends credence to this statement

Long Time Guy wrote:
When you look at where he was drafted its safe to say he will be a bust. He will score a few points because he plays for a shitty team that has to have someone they can market.

Once that wears off in about year or 2 he will either be benched or dealt. His most productive role in the NBA will be as an instant offense type guy off the bench.

if this is real you're even dumber than I thought. didnt you say in this thread that you were taking the l on this one? then you continue to post garbage like this?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:55 pm 

rajingsoul wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Long Time Guy wrote:

if this is real you're even dumber than I thought. didnt you say in this thread that you were taking the l on this one? then you continue to post garbage like this?

Accepting that he may not be a bust is one thing. Promoting the idea that he is great (As many on here seem willing to do) is quite another.

Also if you think that I'm supposed to never say another negative word about him just because I admitted that he isn't a bust then you're a bigger idiot than first anticipated.

You have guys on here actually admitting that they'd rather have him than Ben Simmons (they ain't trolling either). They really believe it.
Time to pump the brakes. He has had minimal impact. Don't expect it to change going forward..

You got the idiot Shakes pumping numbers which place this kid in the top 6 to 7 players in the league. Time to add a little balance before this gets out of hand.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:57 pm 

rajingsoul wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Long Time Guy wrote:

And oh yeah it's real you idiot. Its actually one of the better stats out there.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:02 pm 

it has jokic way ahead of embiid too. is it a bad stat in that argument but good when it agrees with what you think?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:05 pm 

rajingsoul wrote:
it has jokic way ahead of embiid too. is it a bad stat in that argument but good when it agrees with what you think?

Does it have Christian Felicio better than Joel Embiid? If it does then you have a point.

Also way ahead? Jokic is 1 and Embiid 3 you idiot.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:16 pm 

U argue that embiid is better do you not? you cherry pick stats that help u in whatever your argument happens to be that day even if it contradicts what you said prior.

real plus minus is a terrible stat. trae young plays on a shitty team. that is all that stat tells you.

https://m.clevescene.com/scene-and-hear ... ones-using

https://www.poundingtherock.com/2014/4/ ... plus-minus

https://deadspin.com/just-what-the-hell ... 1560361469

https://www.boxscoregeeks.com/articles/ ... nced-stats

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:27 pm 

rajingsoul wrote:
U argue that embiid is better do you not? you cherry pick stats that help u in whatever your argument happens to be that day even if it contradicts what you said prior.

real plus minus is a terrible stat. trae young plays on a shitty team. that is all that stat tells you.

As the so called best player then he has to be part of the shittiness. That's what it should tell you. He puts up numbers on a team that isn't good. Their win totals are similar to last season. They tanked last season.

RPM tells you about his overall impact on winning. With less than 1 win contributed by him it means that he has little impact.

His crappy ass defense and extremely low shooting percentages don't help the team win all that much. That is what it should tell you.

Chris Paul's team improved by 20 games his rookie season. That's what impact looks like.

His VORP score is also terrible for an elite guy. He scores on a team where "someone has to"

When they start trying to win he will either be a bench player or dealt. You can't possibly think you can win with guys as inefficient as he happens to be.

Bust is one thing. Thinking he is great is quite another.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:06 pm 

or your just a blowhard who can't admit when you are wrong. the people around you must roll their eyes a lot

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
another whistler mult ?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:43 pm 

rajingsoul wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Long Time Guy wrote:

if this is real you're even dumber than I thought.
Definitely a mult.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Let the record show that LTG has just referenced RPM in an attempt to support his argument. A statistic he has outright dismissed in previous discussions.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:12 pm 

that's all that asswipe does, then call me a mult because he cant speak to how much of a liar he is

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:30 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
rajingsoul wrote:

Regular plus/minus is a terrible stat. Real plus/minus is a great stat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
rajingsoul wrote:
that's all that asswipe does, then call me a mult because he cant speak to how much of a liar he is

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:13 pm 

IMU wrote:
Let the record show that LTG has just referenced RPM in an attempt to support his argument. A statistic he has outright dismissed in previous discussions.

Follow along and breathe slowly. Unlike you I can simply watch the game and pick out certain things which suggests that he is simply putting up meaningless stats. However since I know that your eyetest leads to things like "MCW is being coached by Thibs away from being a stud" or "Portis is Tyrus Thomas", i find it necessary to post stats which I would otherwise find meaningless. His porous defense. low shooting percentage and extremely high turnover rate would lead anyone that actually knows basketball to conclude that he isn't that good but to layman such as yourself that isn't the case. You think that No Great Shakes is a god and thus all of your conclusions are based on the stupid shit that he says.

I will concede that he won't be a bust. Anything else is a stretch. He might not be a bust but he isn't a future star either.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:21 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Its actually one of the better stats out there.

long time guy wrote:
i find it necessary to post stats which I would otherwise find meaningless.

were u dropped on your head as a kid

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:54 pm 

rajingsoul wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Its actually one of the better stats out there.

long time guy wrote:
i find it necessary to post stats which I would otherwise find meaningless.

were u dropped on your head as a kid

And away we go.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 568 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next