It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 12:47 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 568 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:49 am 

pizza_Place: What??
shakes wrote:
MRI today, but they don't suspect they'll find any structural damage. Word is 2 weeks on the shelf.

SUcks he is gonna miss the Chicago game since he owns that team.

Who doesn't?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Great news, they cancelled the MRI! Says it's not necessary and the swelling today isn't that bad. Said that if it was playoffs he would be good to play today, but because it's not they are going to keep him out of tomorrow's game and play it by ear day to day. Might not be out the full projected 2 weeks.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
shakes wrote:
Great news, they cancelled the MRI! Says it's not necessary and the swelling today isn't that bad. Said that if it was playoffs he would be good to play today, but because it's not they are going to keep him out of tomorrow's game and play it by ear day to day. Might not be out the full projected 2 weeks.

that is indeed very good news
hopeful for a speedy recovery

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
long time guy wrote:
Bagels wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Jabari Parker 18 points in 23 minutes last night.

yeah he actually looked pretty good

Atlanta might be a good fit for him. Would rather see him starting somewhere but he is going to get a ton of minutes with them so it probably won't matter much.

Plus Lloyd Pierce is very good coach so he should get the most out of him.

showing why he's a bench player :shock:

I'm out.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:42 pm 

Walt Williams Neck wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Bagels wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Jabari Parker 18 points in 23 minutes last night.

yeah he actually looked pretty good

Atlanta might be a good fit for him. Would rather see him starting somewhere but he is going to get a ton of minutes with them so it probably won't matter much.

Plus Lloyd Pierce is very good coach so he should get the most out of him.

showing why he's a bench player :shock:

And you're showing why you are an idiot.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:46 pm 

he's practicing today and expected to play tomorrow! Great news considering they play 3 games in 4 days starting tomorrow.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Maybe don't rush him?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:59 pm 

IMU wrote:
Maybe don't rush him?

he's fine. He could've played last Thursday if it was a playoff game. During the game wasn't wearing a boot and was getting up and cheerleading so much that at one point John Collins slapped him with a towel and told him to go sit down and rest his ankle.

Playing him Thursday would've been rushing him back.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:03 pm 

fucking Collins suspended 25 games for PEDS. That's gonna make things tougher for Trae, that was his main pick n roll partner.

Hawks are fucked now. They were looking like a possible playoff team, but this will sink them for sure. Never too early to start planning for the draft.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:49 pm 

shakes wrote:
fucking Collins suspended 25 games for PEDS. That's gonna make things tougher for Trae, that was his main pick n roll partner.

Hawks are fucked now. They were looking like a possible playoff team, but this will sink them for sure. Never too early to start planning for the draft.

I keep telling these guys to go see Tiger's doctor in Germany. That guy can mask an elephant with a gnat.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:09 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Any comment from Trae after being butt fucked by Tomas Satoransky last night?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:47 am 

nice bounce back for Trae last night, took it to Fox. 30 pts on good shooting, 12 assists, 5 steals.

Unfortunately without Collins around the team is brutally bad. Not good when Jabari Parker is your second best player. Gonna be tough sledding for Trae until Collins comes back as he is essentially a one man team. Huerter is starting to come around so that's a good sign.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
This guy is really good.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:47 pm 

Trae Young is currently destroying Jamal Murray.

May be one of the best games that i have seen him play. Extremely efficient on offense. Denver can't do anyrhing with him.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:56 pm 

Bust Young just went into Denver and beat the Nuggets by himself. 42/11 on great shooting. 8 threes.

3rd straight game over 30/10.

Forget the all star talk, when can we start talking MVP?

On a bad note, Huerter got karate chopped by Jokic and his arm did not look good. I expect him to miss some time.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:35 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:56 am 

I never did get the disrespect. His passing ability, especially in traffic, was on on a different level, from day one. It was right there in front of your eyes. The rest of his game, the clanked 35 footers, the runners, the defense, and the turnovers, were legit critiques. They've all been improved. So far in his 2nd year, he's a top 20 player. And in the all important "Does he make his teammates better" category.....

It's a fucking slam dunk.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:59 am 

apparently there were some nasty things being directed at Trae all game long from some Denver fans. Got Trae extra fired up.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:00 am 

Terry's Peeps wrote:

only would've been better if he referenced LTG by name.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:19 am 

Nardi wrote:
I never did get the disrespect. His passing ability, especially in traffic, was on on a different level, from day one. It was right there in front of your eyes. The rest of his game, the clanked 35 footers, the runners, the defense, and the turnovers, were legit critiques. They've all been improved. So far in his 2nd year, he's a top 20 player. And in the all important "Does he make his teammates better" category.....

Got to pump the breaks on top 20 player. He is still by far the worst defender that I have ever seen. He doesn't even try on defense. His stats will always be inflated because he is so ball dominant. If he makes the All Star team then I will back off. As far as bust goes that is definitely over. He isn't that. Nor will he be. Will take the L as far as that but that is as far as it goes.

When people start putting him in an elite class with the top PGs it might be time to "Whoa Nellie" just a little bit. He aint that.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:35 am 

long time guy wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Got to pump the breaks on top 20 player. He is still by far the worst defender that I have ever seen. He doesn't even try on defense. His stats will always be inflated because he is so ball dominant. If he makes the All Star team then I will back off. As far as bust goes that is definitely over. He isn't that. Nor will he be. Will take the L as far as that but that is as far as it goes.

When people start putting him in an elite class with the top PGs it might be time to "Whoa Nellie" just a little bit. He aint that.

I point to how defenses play him and I point to the improvement of his teammates' efficiency. He's top 20, so far, as I said. I'm not planting a flag. I'm stating an informed opinion.

Pierce has taken a wild highly skilled basketball player with no sense of team or self awareness and has given him direction. He's being coached for the first time in his life and it's paying off..big time.

Also, he's starting to show signs of playing the world renowned John Paxson defense. If he can get there, that's all you can ask.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:47 am 

Trae's defense is much improved this year. The effort is there and he's much more aware which is evident by him being in the top 10 in steals. He's never going to be a good defender, but considering how much usage and effect he has on the offense all that will be asked/expected of him on defense is to make an effort and be in the right spots and at least get a hand up while contesting shots.

He doesn't need to be a good defender to be an elite player. Look at Lillard, he's an awful defender, but no one is saying he isn't elite. The other night vs Portland Lillard didn't guard Trae at all while on the flipside Trae was guarding Lillard. Portland used Bazemore primarily to guard Trae.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:53 am 

Nardi wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Nardi wrote:

I point to how defenses play him and I point to the improvement of his teammates' efficiency. He's top 20, so far, as I said. I'm not planting a flag. I'm stating an informed opinion.

Pierce has taken a wild highly skilled basketball player with no sense of team or self awareness and has given him direction. He's being coached for the first time in his life and it's paying off..big time.

Also, he's starting to show signs of playing the world renowned John Paxson defense. If he can get there, that's all you can ask.

Prior to last night he was 43-112 from the field (about 40%) over his past 6 games. His defense still stinks. Can't guard a lamppost. He makes the All Star team and then I will back off. IF that is flag planting then so be it.

It was just last week that the immortal Tomas Satoransky ( who can't score double digits if you leave him the gym by himself) dropped 27 on him and the apologists proclaimed it to be "only one game". WEll this was only "one game" too. His past 6 weren't really all that great.

He was one game removed from going 9 for 30 against Lillard the other day. He also avg 5 turnovers per game which is far too much for a dude that avg 8 assists per game.

Last edited by long time guy on Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:53 am 

Where was that tweet when Lilliard pushed his shit in Sunday?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:40 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Where was that tweet when Lilliard pushed his shit in Sunday?

pushed his shit?

Trae 35/10
Lillard 30/6

And Portland was too scared to even let Lillard guard Trae in that game.

You're the least effective troll here.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:41 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Nardi wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Prior to last night he was 43-112 from the field (about 40%) over his past 6 games. His defense still stinks. Can't guard a lamppost. He makes the All Star team and then I will back off. IF that is flag planting then so be it.

It was just last week that the immortal Tomas Satoransky ( who can't score double digits if you leave him the gym by himself) dropped 27 on him and the apologists proclaimed it to be "only one game". WEll this was only "one game" too. His past 6 weren't really all that great.

He was one game removed from going 9 for 30 against Lillard the other day. He also avg 5 turnovers per game which is far too much for a dude that avg 8 assists per game.

Whatever. Last year he had a 3.3 win share. He has 1.1 after 10 games. Puts him on a pace for 9. That makes him a top 5 PG at the end of the year. He's also made your guy Parker 20-25% better than his career PER. You, more than anybody, should be cheering this little fucker on.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:45 pm 

Lol 35 points on 30 shots

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:52 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:

This is 2019. There's something called eFG%. It's up 6-1/2 percentage points this year mainly due to 40% from 3.

Every metric is up. Do you see him regressing? at age 21? With this coach?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:01 pm 

Nardi wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

This is 2019. There's something called eFG%. It's up 6-1/2 percentage points this year mainly due to 40% from 3.

Every metric is up. Do you see him regressing? at age 21? With this coach?

additionally, is there anyone in the NBA right now being relied on more to carry an entire offense more than Trae? I guess Harden would be the answer, but at least he has all stars and other very good players around him to help him out. Who does Trae currently have that is better than Westbrook, Capella or even Tucker? I left out Gordon who just got hurt. ATLs second best player is Jabari Parker. Their 3rd best player is DeAndre Hunter I guess? Collins out for a whle and last night Huerter got his arm nearly taken clean off, he'll be gone for a while as well.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:09 pm 

Nardi wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Nardi wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Whatever. Last year he had a 3.3 win share. He has 1.1 after 10 games. Puts him on a pace for 9. That makes him a top 5 PG at the end of the year. He's also made your guy Parker 20-25% better than his career PER. You, more than anybody, should be cheering this little fucker on.

Jabari is only 2% points higher than his previous best. Injuries hurt Jabari Parker. Nothing else. He doesn't need Trae Young in order to be a better basketball player. He was a #2 draft pick for crying out loud. He also avg 20 per game without Trae Young or even a credible point to speak of.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 568 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next