It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 999 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:34 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Sad to see a grown ass man ride an athletes joke like a 12 year old fan boy.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:35 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Caller Bob wrote:

I would NEVER do anything like that. 8)

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:47 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Caller Bob wrote:

not as sad as watching you turn tail and get the vaccine the first chance you could. :lol: :lol:

Surprised you have the guts to show up in this thread after the crap that came out of your mouth about our lord and savior Trae.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:55 am 

Even more sad to see you nut over a chucker that can't even shoot over 35% from 3 in the regular season and playoffs. And this is your basketball god..smh. Even OJ Mayo had a good run of games.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:05 am 

For the basketball illterate like shakes, just to note SHOOTING 34% FROM 3PT LAND IN 2021 IS NOT GOOD! Especially in 2021. His shooting % have managed to get worse the longer he's been in the NBA, a playoff appearance in a weak ass Eastern Conference and suddenly this bum has "arrived"? GTFO.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:06 am 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
Caller Bob wrote:
Even more sad to see you nut over a chucker that can't even shoot over 35% from 3 in the regular season and playoffs. And this is your basketball god..smh. Even OJ Mayo had a good run of games.

There is some validity to this. Not to mention that he can't guard a stained banana peel either.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:07 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
For the basketball illterate like shakes, just to note SHOOTING 34% FROM 3PT LAND IN 2021 IS NOT GOOD! Especially in 2021. His shooting % have managed to get worse the longer he's been in the NBA, a playoff appearance in a weak ass Eastern Conference and suddenly this bum has "arrived"? GTFO.

34% is below league average

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:11 am 

shakes wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
shakes wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Now when are we going to call it on this particular misstatement?

shakes wrote:
people waiting on Lonzo to bust out of the NBA are going to be waiting a long time, he's a stud.

well he's definitely not a bust, but he's also definitely not the player I thought he would be coming out of college. The way he played in college made me ignorant to just how awful he was at running an offense in the half court. Also didn't realize his mid range game and finishing at the rim were as broken as they are. But, on the plus side, didn't know he'd be as good of a defender as he is.

Either way, my missed call on Lonzo (he's a stud) not nearly as off as your call on Trae (bust) so there's that 8)

Lonzo is a bust. He will probably be backing up somewhere by next year. Hasn't come close to making the playoffs in 4 years despite playing with loads (Lebron, Jrue, Zion, Ingram, Randle, Clarkson) of talent. At some point it is fair to call it. He stinks. His brother was considered the better player 3 games into his playing career.

I'm glad you admit the wrongs of his game. That was what I stated about 4 years ago. I only really saw him in the McDonald's game and 1 or two games in college. However that was enough. His High Schools Stats were inflated by the style of play and the lack of competition that he happened to play against. He had serious holes in game and when a guy has to correct as many flaws as he has (Shooting, Finishing, Ball Handling) typically it never really happens for him. In addition he is only an average to below average athlete

As far as Trae goes lets not place him in the Hall just yet. While not a bust he still isn't close to being top 5. Morant is already better than him and so are a number of other guys currently. He outplayed Reggie Bullock. Not Chris Paul.

:lol: :lol: you don't know when to quit. Morant is not better than Trae, not even close. Trae is miles better on offense and they are essentially equal on defense with Morant having a slight edge.

As as for Trae and the Hall of Fame, he's not in there just yet, but he is definitely a 100% first ballot lock if he stays healthy over the next 5-10 years.

he may not be a top 5 PG at right now (Harden, Luka, Steph, Dame, CP3), but he's right on the cusp and no worse than 6 or 7 on that list. he's better than Ben Simmons that's for sure. NBA.com has a list and they have him 8th.

Ja Morant checks him. He ducks Morant. In fact he ducks every guard that has a semblance of an offensive game. He is nowhere near as good as Ben Simmons. Ben Simmons has been in the playoffs every year he has been in the league. Young was a default choice 5th seed in a weak conference (crappy Knicks team was a 4th seed remember) and contrary to what you suggest his supporting cast isn't bad either. You put Simmons or Morant with that cast and they vault into the 3rd seed spot.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:29 am 

Morant isn't better but Curry, Lillard, Donicic, Irving, Paul, Balls(both of them) Russell, Simmons, Murray and Irving all better point guards.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:19 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
shakes wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
shakes wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Now when are we going to call it on this particular misstatement?

shakes wrote:
people waiting on Lonzo to bust out of the NBA are going to be waiting a long time, he's a stud.

well he's definitely not a bust, but he's also definitely not the player I thought he would be coming out of college. The way he played in college made me ignorant to just how awful he was at running an offense in the half court. Also didn't realize his mid range game and finishing at the rim were as broken as they are. But, on the plus side, didn't know he'd be as good of a defender as he is.

Either way, my missed call on Lonzo (he's a stud) not nearly as off as your call on Trae (bust) so there's that 8)

Lonzo is a bust. He will probably be backing up somewhere by next year. Hasn't come close to making the playoffs in 4 years despite playing with loads (Lebron, Jrue, Zion, Ingram, Randle, Clarkson) of talent. At some point it is fair to call it. He stinks. His brother was considered the better player 3 games into his playing career.

I'm glad you admit the wrongs of his game. That was what I stated about 4 years ago. I only really saw him in the McDonald's game and 1 or two games in college. However that was enough. His High Schools Stats were inflated by the style of play and the lack of competition that he happened to play against. He had serious holes in game and when a guy has to correct as many flaws as he has (Shooting, Finishing, Ball Handling) typically it never really happens for him. In addition he is only an average to below average athlete

As far as Trae goes lets not place him in the Hall just yet. While not a bust he still isn't close to being top 5. Morant is already better than him and so are a number of other guys currently. He outplayed Reggie Bullock. Not Chris Paul.

:lol: :lol: you don't know when to quit. Morant is not better than Trae, not even close. Trae is miles better on offense and they are essentially equal on defense with Morant having a slight edge.

As as for Trae and the Hall of Fame, he's not in there just yet, but he is definitely a 100% first ballot lock if he stays healthy over the next 5-10 years.

he may not be a top 5 PG at right now (Harden, Luka, Steph, Dame, CP3), but he's right on the cusp and no worse than 6 or 7 on that list. he's better than Ben Simmons that's for sure. NBA.com has a list and they have him 8th.

Ja Morant checks him. He ducks Morant. In fact he ducks every guard that has a semblance of an offensive game. He is nowhere near as good as Ben Simmons. Ben Simmons has been in the playoffs every year he has been in the league. Young was a default choice 5th seed in a weak conference (crappy Knicks team was a 4th seed remember) and contrary to what you suggest his supporting cast isn't bad either. You put Simmons or Morant with that cast and they vault into the 3rd seed spot.

Morant checks him? :lol: :lol:

here's a great recent article comparing the two players and showing how Trae is the far superior player. Not even close or debatable.

https://franchisesports.co.uk/ja-morant-vs-trae-young-comparison-2021/

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:23 pm 

Win shares:

Trae: 7.2
Ja: 3.2

BPM:

Trae: 3.6
Ja: -0.8

:lol: :lol: :lol: Ja isn't in the discussion as Trae.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:41 pm 

shakes wrote:

here's a great recent article comparing the two players and showing how Trae is the far superior player. Not even close or debatable.

I don't need an article. Particularly one from noted authority Franchise Sports :lol: :lol: :lol: I watch the game. The next time Trae guards a player for an entire game at his position (not on a switch of the pick and roll) let me know. There isn't an accident to him guarding Bullock (a small forward). Next it will be Green and no Seph Curry. He won't even be placed on the rookie from Kentucky. A damn backup. He will always take the path of least resistance on D. In that regard he is truly Steph Curry lite.

I personally have never liked gutless players. Guard your position.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
The Missing Link wrote:
shakes wrote:

I don't need an article. Particularly one from noted authority Franchise Sports :lol: :lol: :lol: I watch the game. The next time Trae guards a player for an entire game at his position (not on a switch of the pick and roll) let me know. There isn't an accident to him guarding Bullock (a small forward). Next it will be Green and no Seph Curry. He won't even be placed on the rookie from Kentucky. A damn backup. He will always take the path of least resistance on D. In that regard he is truly Steph Curry lite.

watching the game got you Fultz better than Young .....clown

I'm out.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:35 pm 

Walt Williams Neck wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
shakes wrote:

watching the game got you Fultz better than Young .....clown

Well this clown bought quite a few tickets to the circus off of your dime then :lol: :lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 2:01 pm 

Taking the L on this one but for the record Markelle Fultz isn't a bust. Injuries derailed the kid for a while but he is a player. Trae has got him but he should have a solid year next year barring injury.

Has looked very good since returning about a month ago.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 3:28 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
Taking the L on this one but for the record Markelle Fultz isn't a bust. Injuries derailed the kid for a while but he is a player. Trae has got him but he should have a solid year next year barring injury.

He's a bust until proven otherwise at this point. I haven't seen him this year since he came back, but he did look a little better last year before the injury. But he has to be significantly better than where he was to avoid the bust label as a former #1 overall pick.

Definitely looking forward to seeing how he looks next season.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 4:13 pm 

shakes wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

He's a bust until proven otherwise at this point. I haven't seen him this year since he came back, but he did look a little better last year before the injury. But he has to be significantly better than where he was to avoid the bust label as a former #1 overall pick.

I'd take him straight up for Lonzo right now.
I don't really consider guys busts when they have been hurt the majority of their career. At least until their career is over anyway. The kid has looked good-to very good since he returned and tonight he should be starting against the best of the Ball brothers with Cole Anthony out. He has been on a minutes restriction since returning but he still averages double digit points and solid numbers assist wise. Look forward to seeing what he has against one of the better young guards in the league tonight.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2022 9:03 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
shakes wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

:lol: :lol: The Bulls sure wouldn't. Anyone with eyes can see how valuable Lonzo was to the Bulls this year. Just look at their record since he got hurt.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2022 9:30 am 

shakes wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
shakes wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

:lol: :lol: The Bulls sure wouldn't. Anyone with eyes can see how valuable Lonzo was to the Bulls this year. Just look at their record since he got hurt.

Nah it has more to do with inadequacies of the backups. Lonzo is a default choice at PG. Never the desired pick.

Glad you brought up "absences" Shakes. How is N.O. doing since he bounced? With him and All Stars Zion and Ingram playing a lot of games last season they couldn't even sniff the play in game. Their record in games he played last season was 23-32. Ouch. Some value.

With him gone and Zion not playing one minute this year (and with Ingram Missing a ton of games) they are fighting for a playoff spot.

That fact alone tells he wasn't all that valuable. This team fell off a cliff once Lavine got injured more than anything. Not Lonzo.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:15 am 

Ice Cold Trae has gotten another coach fired. In about a year or 2 the tables with effectively have turned on this debate too. Fultz will undoubtedly be the better player by then.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:49 am 

He's been awful. It's not even fun anymore to troll post about him.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:51 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
He's been awful. It's not even fun anymore to troll post about him.

Yeah Trae has been awful.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 3:15 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
He has the skill to change his game. I've gone over dozens of times what his focus should be.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 3:23 pm 

Nardi wrote:
He has the skill to change his game. I've gone over dozens of times what his focus should be.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 3:57 pm 

Nardi wrote:

There is no way he could ever be even average defensively given his physical limitations. Too small height wise and physically weak. Plus he has no lateral quickness to keep guys in front of him. Combine that with his lack of effort and what you have is one of the worst defensive players that I have ever seen.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 5:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Time for the Bulls to buy low

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:22 pm 

Bagels wrote:
Time for the Bulls to buy low

GarPax should have grabbed Fultz from Philly when they had the chance. Could have had him for a song.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:00 pm 

Ice Cold Trae Voted Most Overrated Player in an Anonymous Poll Of NBA Players.
https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/hawk ... veals/amp/

Quote:
Trae Young has been voted the most overrated player in the NBA, according to an anonymous poll of 54 NBA players conducted by Sam Amick and Josh Robbins on The Athletic. Young received 14.8% of the vote, technically leaving him behind the "other" category, which received 31.5% of votes spread across 17 players. Young received eight total votes, while no other player received more than four.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Can’t argue with that

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
I would have loved to see more than 54 players vote as I think the poll is interesting. As with any poll, the larger the sample the less susceptible it is to bias. That said, I don't have a problem with Young leading the pack, just want to see more votes.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 999 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next