It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Here ya go ltg. When healthy, Embiid is better. Availability is part of the equation though and this matters heavily.

I love watching Jokic sooooo much more than Embiid and he’d be a hell of a lot more fun to play with. I think it’s pretty damn close still but Embiid is a better player if health wasn’t a factor.

Fair enough?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Yep.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:57 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Here ya go ltg. When healthy, Embiid is better. Availability is part of the equation though and this matters heavily.

I love watching Jokic sooooo much more than Embiid and he’d be a hell of a lot more fun to play with. I think it’s pretty damn close still but Embiid is a better player if health wasn’t a factor.

Fair enough?

Yeah. Don't know if it's as close as you seem to think but I will roll with it.

I think you're missing out on how good Embiid happens to be.

Embiid is probably the best Center to enter the league since Shaq. Guys like Duncan were mostly 4's.

You really see how much of a difference this happens to be in the playoffs.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:01 pm 

Duncan hated to be considered a 5 but he was. Especially 2000-2003 timeline. I’ll give Embiid props but I’m drawing the fucking line at comparing him to Tim Duncan. He will never be in Tim Duncan’s class. Ever. Health is only part of that equation too. Let’s show some respect to one of the 5 best players ever.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:39 am 

FavreFan wrote:
Duncan hated to be considered a 5 but he was. Especially 2000-2003 timeline. I’ll give Embiid props but I’m drawing the fucking line at comparing him to Tim Duncan. He will never be in Tim Duncan’s class. Ever. Health is only part of that equation too. Let’s show some respect to one of the 5 best players ever.

You're comparing him to Duncan. I'm not as Duncan was listed as a 4 for most of his career.

As far as Embiid goes there isn't another center in my lifetime that is as talented as he is. Not one. The only thing preventing him from being an All time great will be injuries. He is that good.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:46 am 

FavreFan wrote:

Fair enough?

You can love watching Jokic all you want but that doesn't mean he is better. I love watching a number of guys that aren't great.

As far as watching Jokic play its painful to watch him play defense. Defense matters and to see Denver have to double centers because he can't check them is painful.

It's also painful to see the Joker try and beat guys one on one too. He struggles mightily in that area. Particularly evident when he tries to post up.

As it stands I like the guy but not nearly as much as you. You're reaching (again) to find a guy after being wrong about KAT being better than Embiid.

Actually KAT will be Jokic's comp going forward. Embiid outclasses both of them and it's a waste to even discuss him in conjunction with those two.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 4:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
FavreFan wrote:

Fair enough?

Hmm. Calls into question FF's Jokic ftw bit.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 5:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Fair enough?

yep, FF takes a big hit with this bump. Sad.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 5:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
shakes wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Fair enough?

yep, FF takes a big hit with this bump. Sad.

Daily

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 5:26 pm 

This is a deepfake

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 9:25 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Fair enough?

It also controverts his recent defense of his Zion Williamson appraisal since "availability....matters heavily" and Williamson is rarely available, a fact anticipated by prescient concerns about his natural state of corpulence several years ago.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 10:23 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
Embid is like one of those big clumsy guys from what I've seen. Jokic has the control and game and now he's going to the Finals. I'd say Jokic is better.