It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:45 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Michael Porter Jr.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:11 pm 

Gifted and effortless scorer but he is a turnstile on defense. He is going to have to get better on D in order to be elite. Probably will have to be a 4 when its all said and done. He can't guard 3's but playing the 4 is going to be a strain on his back. They have quite the quandary going with him.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:58 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Blew out his back blowing an open layup.

https://sports.yahoo.com/denver-nuggets ... 47256.html

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:52 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
KDdidit wrote:

I was watching that live. Did you see how annoyed Will Barton was when MPJ didn't head man the ball? This team has issues.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:17 am 

pizza_Place: What??
shakes wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

I was watching that live. Did you see how annoyed Will Barton was when MPJ didn't head man the ball? This team has issues.

He could have ended up with 2 points despite his annoyance.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:43 am 

Nardi wrote:
shakes wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

He could have ended up with 2 points despite his annoyance.

True, but I'm not going to fault a guy for not paying attention to a potential rebound when his NBA teammate is going in for an uncontested layup. He used that time instead to show his bench how annoyed he was with Porter's selfish decision.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:13 am 

pizza_Place: What??
I agree. Just sayin'.

Barton had dibs. Dibs is in the 10 Commandments somewhere.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:45 pm 

Nardi wrote:
I agree. Just sayin'.

Barton had dibs. Dibs is in the 10 Commandments somewhere.

yea definitely had dibs being 10 feet ahead of Porter. You can tell who is sefish and who isn't in these situations. most guys will always give it to a teammate even if the guy is running even with him. Heck, Lonzo will look behind and try and give it to a trailer every time if that option is available.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:18 pm 

shakes wrote:
I would be shocked if this guy ends up having a long and healthy career.

this has been my stance all along and it appears it is already starting to come true. Porter getting treatment for his back again, not sure if that means another MRI. Expected to miss time.

Like I've always said, he's a ticking time bomb. Just a matter of when.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:47 am 

Hurt again. Season in jeopardy.

Big surprise.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:01 am 

long time guy wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Everyone knows the kid is a player....the question will always be can he stay healthy.

You can say that about every player in every sport. There is no way to predict which guys will be injured and which guys won't.

Not true. With MPJ it was very easy to predict he would get injured again. I was all over it on page 1 of this thread. I knew there was no way this guy was going to last more than a year or two once he started playing regularly. Absolutely impossible with the injury he had/has.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:04 am 

shakes wrote:
Nice to see him playing well. As someone with 7 spine surgeries on his resume and had to give up the love of my life, playing basketball, after surgery #3 I always root for my back surgery brothers to succeed. That said, I am still going to be shocked if this guy has a long and prosperous career free of injury. There isn't a sport worse for your back than basketball.

Feel terrible for MPJ as a fellow multiple back surgery patient, but the writing was always on the wall.

Happy for him at least he got a bag of money before the walls came crashing down.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:29 pm 

Yeah it was one thing to take a flyer with the 14th pick. A rookie max extension, not so much.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Denver Nuggets forward Michael Porter Jr. — a key component in his team's quest for contention — will undergo back surgery and is expected to miss the remainder of the season, according to multiple reports.

Lucky the Bulls didn’t get stuck with that max extension.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Denver Nuggets forward Michael Porter Jr. — a key component in his team's quest for contention — will undergo back surgery and is expected to miss the remainder of the season, according to multiple reports.

Even if he didn't hurt himself the max deal was a bad play. He hadn't proven enough at that point. And he is expected to make a full recovery so this is hardly the end of his career.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:17 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
The Missing Link wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:

Even if he didn't hurt himself the max deal was a bad play. He hadn't proven enough at that point. And he is expected to make a full recovery.

That deal screamed Brandon Roy.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:25 pm 

Nas wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:

Even if he didn't hurt himself the max deal was a bad play. He hadn't proven enough at that point. And he is expected to make a full recovery.

Brandon Roy was a much better player at the time he signed his deal. He was a legit max player at the time.

Porter wasn't. Even without the back injury the deal was bad. They should have paid him 20 mil per year. 25 mil per year tops. They overpaid for him. And I say this as a guy that likes him but that was too much. With Jamal Murray at full strength Michael Porter is arguably a 3rd option on offense. Max Money for 3rd options is overpaying for 3rd options.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:31 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:

Brandon Roy was a much better player at the time he signed his deal. He was a legit max player at the time.

Porter wasn't. Even without the back injury the deal was bad. They should have paid him 20 mil per year. 25 mil per year tops. They overpaid for him. And I say this as a guy that likes him but that was too much. With Jamal Murray at full strength Michael Porter is arguably a 3rd option on offense. Max Money for 3rd options is overpaying for 3rd options.

I was speaking more about the injury risk. Doctors knew there was an expiration on Roy's knees. A guy with MPJ's back history should never be given that much money.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:46 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:

Even if he didn't hurt himself the max deal was a bad play. He hadn't proven enough at that point. And he is expected to make a full recovery so this is hardly the end of his career.

:lol: :lol: dude, stop reading medical opinions of Woj and Shams. There is NO WAY he makes anywhere close to a full recovery. At 2 back surgeries he was already screwed for life. At 3 back surgeries he is completely fucked. The scar tissue alone is going to ruin him for the rest of his life. Trust me, no one knows this more than me. It was after back surgery #3 (at age 30) that the doc told me I could never run or jump ever again for the rest of my life.

Anyone telling you that he is going to make a full recovery is an ignorant moron. He'll try and come back, but he will never be the same and his back will be a major issue for him the rest of his life. If he attempts to play basketball again I guarantee he has more back surgeries in his future.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:49 am 

Signing him was idiotic, but the max deal isn't a max deal. It is full of incentives. For instance he has to be all NBA this year to get the max. There are also games played worked into it.

It's still a terrible deal, but not as bad as the headline writers are making it out to be.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:27 pm 

shakes wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:

:lol: :lol: dude, stop reading medical opinions of Woj and Shams. There is NO WAY he makes anywhere close to a full recovery. At 2 back surgeries he was already screwed for life. At 3 back surgeries he is completely fucked. The scar tissue alone is going to ruin him for the rest of his life. Trust me, no one knows this more than me. It was after back surgery #3 (at age 30) that the doc told me I could never run or jump ever again for the rest of my life.

Anyone telling you that he is going to make a full recovery is an ignorant moron. He'll try and come back, but he will never be the same and his back will be a major issue for him the rest of his life. If he attempts to play basketball again I guarantee he has more back surgeries in his future.

Scottie Pippen had at least 2 back surgeries. And still played after having them.

In 2016, NFL linebacker Rob Gronkowski had microdiscectomy surgery—his third back surgery recovery. He came back the following year and was named to his fifth Pro Bowl after a stellar season.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:46 pm 

Porter is neither of those guys.

Come on Link, Porter is never going to be more than a guy who flashes for a few games at a time and then finds himself injured again.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:18 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Porter is neither of those guys.

Come on Link, Porter is never going to be more than a guy who flashes for a few games at a time and then finds himself injured again.

He came back from 2 back surgeries and never had a flare up til now. He might or might not be but to say it is impossible (which is what Shakes keeps stating) is disingenuous if 2 others have been shown to have come back.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:20 pm 

Quite the flare up.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:34 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
shakes wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:

Scottie Pippen had at least 2 back surgeries. And still played after having them.

In 2016, NFL linebacker Rob Gronkowski had microdiscectomy surgery—his third back surgery recovery. He came back the following year and was named to his fifth Pro Bowl after a stellar season.

Didn't realize Scottie had back surgery after his rookie year. And then again ten years later in 1998. He was able to keep playing after that, but only played more than 62 games in a season once and was never the same player he was before that second surgery. Stats went way down after that second back surgery.

Gronk had at least 2 back surgeries and maybe 3 (not sure if the other one was for disc or fracture) and was able to keep playing. That's pretty amazing and definitely an outlier. Also helps that football is easier on the back than basketball as crazy as taht sounds. running on grass makes a world of difference.

Neither of them had 3 back surgeries before they turned 24 though.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
The Missing Link wrote:
shakes wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:

Can you at least acknowledge the source? Sheesh!

https://www.discspine.com/back-stories/ ... -athletes/

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY