It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:11 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Michael Porter Jr.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:15 am 

long time guy wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Everyone knows the kid is a player....the question will always be can he stay healthy.

You can say that about every player in every sport. There is no way to predict which guys will be injured and which guys won't.

If the Bulls drafted Wendell Carter Jr because they believed that he was less likely to be injured then they are dumber than first anticipated.

The Bulls did not draft Carter because they thought he was less likely to be injured. They and other teams passed on Porter because they did not like his medicals. Right now today that looks like a bad move, but time will tell.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:21 am 

RFDC wrote:
long time guy wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Everyone knows the kid is a player....the question will always be can he stay healthy.

You can say that about every player in every sport. There is no way to predict which guys will be injured and which guys won't.

If the Bulls drafted Wendell Carter Jr because they believed that he was less likely to be injured then they are dumber than first anticipated.

The Bulls did not draft Carter because they thought he was less likely to be injured. They and other teams passed on Porter because they did not like his medicals. Right now today that looks like a bad move, but time will tell.

By all accounts there was always a very good chance that he would be able to play. They played it safe like they always do and it is coming back to burn them as it always does.

They could have traded down and still drafted him. Thats what a savvier GM would have done.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:54 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
How many teams took a pass?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:15 am 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Hatchetman wrote:
How many teams took a pass?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:37 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
I’ll save you the time. He went #14. #rhetoricalquestion

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
FrankDrebin wrote:
long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:
The guy I wanted the Bulls to draft. Cleared and ready to go. Says he could have played towards the end of the season. Great move by Denver to draft him.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/2 ... mer-League

Bump.

NBA (@NBA) Tweeted:
Michael Porter Jr. steps back and is up to a career-high 23 PTS on 10-11 shooting.

@nuggets 103
@Pacers 98 https://t.co/Sc4FMCIScm https://twitter.com/NBA/status/1212916792177369093?s=20

Is his back completely healthy or is it a chronic thing?

Both. It's probably completely healthy, but it will most likely be a chronic problem for him. He's at a very high risk to re-injure the disk with the constant running and jumping required in basketball. he also has to worry about scar tissue since he's had 2 surgeries at the same site. But, maybe he'll be one of the lucky ones and his back will never bother him again. really no way to say or predict at this point.

I think Steve Sullivan managed to make it back to the NHL after 2 back surgeries and I don't think he had any additional problems with his back. But, playing hockey, even in the NHL, is less impact on the back than playing basketball. As long as you can avoid getting hit in a bad spot.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:09 pm 

Our high school girls basketball team played in a tournament today. While we were on a break a buzz started going thru the crowd. Come to find out Michael Porter Jr was there to coach his brothers team. Needless to say he caused quite the stir. And he seemed like a great guy. He stood around following the game and took pictures and signed autographs for everyone who wanted one.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:50 pm 

20 and 9 boards at halftime today

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:58 pm 

Finished with 37 and 12

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:58 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
long time guy wrote:
Finished with 37 and 12

Did Wilbur Cartwright or whatever his name is who the Bulls drafted instead, ever get 37 and 12?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:21 pm 

Offensively he's there. Very good rebounder it seems too. Defensively he doesn't have a clue. Still one helluva talent however.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:33 pm 

30 and 15 rebounds today.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:49 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Look like Me n LTG were right..yet again.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:36 pm 

312player wrote:

No one said he was not a great talent and player, the question is still his health. Can he stay at this level? The odds are against it.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:13 pm 

RFDC wrote:
312player wrote:

No one said he was not a great talent and player, the question is still his health. Can he stay at this level? The odds are against it.

Revisionist history. Either you wanted him or you didn't. There were a number of people cracking that he would never play in the league with Shakes serving as the resident spinal expert.

He was worth the risk and I stated it at the time. Guys get hurt. It happens. Wendell Carter has probably only played in 50% of the games since he has been a pro. He has nowhere near the upside that this kid has. Playing it safe all of the time killed Paxson

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:17 pm 

long time guy wrote:
RFDC wrote:
312player wrote:

Revisionist history. Either you wanted him or you didn't. There were a number of people cracking that he would never play in the league with Shakes serving as the resident spinal expert.

He was worth the risk and I stated it at the time. Guys get hurt. It happens. Wendell Carter has probably only played in 50% of the games since he has been a pro. He has nowhere near the upside that this kid has. Playing it safe all of the time killed Paxson

It it not revisionist history at all. My stance has always been the same. I would have loved to had him if he was healthy.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:29 pm 

RFDC wrote:
long time guy wrote:
RFDC wrote:
312player wrote:

It it not revisionist history at all. My stance has always been the same. I would have loved to had him if he was healthy.

If he were healthy we would never be able to draft him at 7.

If he were healthy he would have been a #1 or #2 pick. Wendell Carter looks to be a backup. I'm going to pull for him as a Bulls fan but he will never be better than Porter if Porter is healthy.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:04 pm 

27 and 12 last night.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:55 pm 

long time guy wrote:
27 and 12 last night.

:lol: are you going to give us his box score from every night?

Everyone knows he is a really good player.

Now stay healthy and you got something. I

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:04 pm 

RFDC wrote:
long time guy wrote:
27 and 12 last night.

:lol: are you going to give us his box score from every night?

Everyone knows he is a really good player.
I

No they didn't and if they did it might be best to cite it. Otherwise its Monday morning quarterbacking and "never admitting that they were wrong about anything" as usual.
I thought he was worth the risk even with the back injury and said so at the time. Once they blew the tank job he was the next best option.
Constantly suggesting that "we knew he was going to be good if healthy" is simply ass covering at this point.

Last edited by long time guy on Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:09 pm 

You keep saying that and it continues to not be true. I have maintained the same position on this.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:11 pm 

RFDC wrote:
You keep saying that and it continues to not be true. I have maintained the same position on this.

The difference is that I thought he was worth the risk at 7 even with the back injury and said so at the time.

I'm sure if his career were over Denver would not have drafted him.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:30 pm 

This bubble run with Michael Porter Jr and Gary Trent Jr going off speaks volumes about the ineptitude of the GarPax joke.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:34 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
This bubble run with Michael Porter Jr and Gary Trent Jr going off speaks volumes about the ineptitude of the GarPax joke.

I rolled with him for a long time but towards the end he was just brutal. I still think it was more Gar but Pax has to own it too.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:39 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

I rolled with him for a long time but towards the end he was just brutal. I still think it was more Gar but Pax has to own it too.

And Trent was a second rounder that spent a year in the G league getting ready and coached up.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:45 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

And Trent was a second rounder that spent a year in the G league getting ready and coached up.

Even the not so great Cam Payne is looking like a legit NBA player after getting away from that outfit.

The league is littered with guys that could have helped the Bulls (some like Dinwiddie were even cut by them) but instead we are saddled with Shaq the non O'Neal Harrison, Arch, Satoransky, Blakeney last year etc. Those guys aren't even legit NBA players yet they are playing big minutes in NBA games.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:47 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

Even the not so great Cam Payne is looking like a legit NBA player after getting away from that outfit.

The league is littered with guys that could have helped the Bulls (some like Dinwiddie were even cut by them) but instead we are saddled with Shaq the non O'Neal Harrison, Arch, Satoransky, Blakeney last year etc. Those guys aren't even legit NBA players yet they are playing big minutes in NBA games.

Ugh.

And I guess that's the reason that I lose interest in them before Christmas.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:52 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:

Truthfully they have guys on the roster that couldn't hold their own at IIT back in the day.
Their core guys aren't all that bad but that bench is one of the weaker ones in the league and has been for about 3-4 years now. Couple that with an idiot coach and there is no way that they can be good.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:38 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

Truthfully they have guys on the roster that couldn't hold their own at IIT back in the day.
Their core guys aren't all that bad but that bench is one of the weaker ones in the league and has been for about 3-4 years now. Couple that with an idiot coach and there is no way that they can be good.

An idiot coach that appears to be coming back for next year :roll: :cry:

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:35 pm 

RFDC wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

An idiot coach that appears to be coming back for next year :roll: :cry:

I still doubt that and I don't believe anything Joe Cowley writes. He is worse than Jason Goff as far as being a bulls insider goes.