It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 563 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: 2019 NBA OffSeason
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:35 pm 

Here come the Nets.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

Post subject: Re: 2019 NBA OffSeason
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Great move for my Hawks!

Prince sucks. Hawks have ton of capspace to make moves like this. Getting a mid first round pick and then another first in 2020 for Prince and a 2nd is highway robbery. Wonder what the protection on the pick is? Probably won't matter because Nets are good so protecting it in the lottery most likely won't affect it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Nice move by the Hawks. I'm still not taking Brooklyn seriously

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Hawks for realz

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:47 pm 

Bagels wrote:
Hawks for realz

6 picks in this upcoming draft now. That’s crazy.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
That means D’Angelo is coming to Phoenix.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:05 pm 

I never will understand Hawks fandom. When I lived in Atlanta in the late 80s, they rarely sold out games, or moved the needles. And thirty years later, nothing seems to have changed.

I still laugh at the memory of parking 2-3 blocks from the Omni, walking to the gate and buying two 200 level tix for less than face value for a game with the Malone Erving Barkley Sixers. Or how opposing team's fans still have a real presence at Falcons games.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:11 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
I never will understand Hawks fandom. When I lived in Atlanta in the late 80s, they rarely sold out games, or moved the needles. And thirty years later, nothing seems to have changed.

I still laugh at the memory of parking 2-3 blocks from the Omni, walking to the gate and buying two 200 level tix for less than face value for a game with the Malone Erving Barkley Sixers. Or how opposing team's fans still have a real presence at Falcons games.

Yeah Atlanta has never been a great sports town. Was there for the Bears a few years ago and the word was that there was 40,000 Bears fans at the game. That would never happen at Soldiers Field

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:12 pm 

Ron Wolfley wrote:

That would suck for Phoenix with their current roster and what he will cost. At some point defense will be necessary :lol:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:12 pm 

Ron Wolfley wrote:

Do you think he is a good fit with Phoenix?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:15 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:

You hate Atlanta more than Ogie and I hate cops tho :lol:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:19 pm 

Bagels wrote:
Hawks for realz

They won't make the playoffs for at least the next 2 years. Draft picks in a terrible draft year are worthless.

That's why the Nets and the Dallas previously had no problem parting with them.

You aren't getting anything of value at 17 and at 8 probably nothing better than a rotation player.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:23 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Bagels wrote:
Hawks for realz

They won't make the playoffs for at least the next 2 years. Draft picks in a terrible draft year are worthless.

You aren't getting anything of value at 17 and at 8 probably nothing better than a rotation player.

They have 8, 10, 17, and 3 other picks in the top 44. That’s a lot of trade capital.

They’ll be a playoff team by 2020-2021 at the latest. They’ll make a run at it next year if they stay healthy. Trae, Heurter, and Collins are real pieces.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:34 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Bagels wrote:
Hawks for realz

They have 8, 10, 17, and 3 other picks in the top 44. That’s a lot of trade capital.

They’ll be a playoff team by 2020-2021 at the latest. They’ll make a run at it next year if they stay healthy. Trae, Heurter, and Collins are real pieces.

I like Collins a lot. Trae isn't much of a difference maker. When they become good he will be a bench player or not on the roster.

This is very weak draft which means that the guys you acquire won't have much value. That's why Dallas made the deal last year and the Nets this year.

By trade capital you'd have to specify. Junk by any other name is still junk.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:39 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

Yeah Atlanta has never been a great sports town. Was there for the Bears a few years ago and the word was that there was 40,000 Bears fans at the game. That would never happen at Soldiers Field

I take it you are making the trip to DC with the usual suspects again this year :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:39 pm 

I can’t specify unless they make a trade. But that is objectively a lot of trade capital to either trade up or trade off for other assets.

I disliked Trae almost as much as you as a prospect but he proved us wrong. I don’t think he will be a Steph like talent but he’s clearly going to be a very good pro. We gotta admit we were wrong on that call.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:42 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

I take it you are making the trip to DC with the usual suspects again this year :lol:

Locking in LA though I never do any of their packages. Don't know if they have put anything together for DC but I'm sure they will be.

They have been moving the stuff around for LA though. It's out there.

Last edited by long time guy on Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:48 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
I can’t specify unless they make a trade. But that is objectively a lot of trade capital to either trade up or trade off for other assets.

I disliked Trae almost as much as you as a prospect but he proved us wrong. I don’t think he will be a Steph like talent but he’s clearly going to be a very good pro. We gotta admit we were wrong on that call.

As far as him being a bust yeah. He isn't a budding all star either. He looks to be a spark plug off the bench at best.

His shitty defense is never going to get much better and he shot 40% from the field. He also turns it over quite a bit.

When you look at his advanced numbers they are terrible. He put up a decent scoring avg with very good assist totals. On a losing team.

There is nothing about him that suggests he will be a good player on a winning team. If he does then a tip of the cap to him.

They won about 5 more games than the previous year with him playing 81 games. Mind you the previous year they were in full fledge tank mode all season. If he were as impactful as guys like Shakes would like the world to believe then that total would have been at least 35. They won 27 games.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:55 pm 

He was a rookie who did nothing but get significantly better throughout the season. I don’t like his poor defense either but he’s a very undersized PG and he was a rookie and he’s like 20 years old. There’s almost zero doubt he will be an All Star in the next couple years.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:02 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
He was a rookie who did nothing but get significantly better throughout the season. I don’t like his poor defense either but he’s a very undersized PG and he was a rookie and he’s like 20 years old. There’s almost zero doubt he will be an All Star in the next couple years.

I'm certain that he won't be an All Star in the next couple of years or any year for that matter.

Conceding on him being a bust is one thing. Predicting greatness is quite another.

He has too many things that he does that negatively effects games. As such he will never be particularly impactful.

Saying that it will get better as he gets older is simply a way to kick the can down the road.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:17 pm 

I’m not predicting greatness. Some guys who aren’t great make the all star game all time. If he’s gonna put up 25-9 in a season, and he seems likely to, he’s gonna make it.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:21 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:

Do you think he is a good fit with Phoenix?

It’d be a lot of fun watching he and Book play off each other.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:22 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:

That would suck for Phoenix with their current roster and what he will cost. At some point defense will be necessary :lol:

Suns are interested but not for max money.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:40 pm 

Ron Wolfley wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:

Sounds like the Suns aren’t interested.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:11 am 

FavreFan wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:

Sounds like the Suns aren’t interested.

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:04 am 

FavreFan wrote:
I’m not predicting greatness. Some guys who aren’t great make the all star game all time. If he’s gonna put up 25-9 in a season, and he seems likely to, he’s gonna make it.

If he puts up 25 and 9 in a season and you think he is likely to, then you are predicting greatness. Those are Hall of Fame numbers. If he is capable of that for one season then he is capable of comparable numbers multiple seasons.

Guys that put up numbers on losing teams do not make all Star teams unless they are special. See: Kyrie Irving. This kid isn't anywhere near that. Atlanta was blown out a lot last year with a great deal of those numbers being put up in garbage time.

With that said his advanced numbers (which you pump til you don't) are shabby as hell. He shoots 40% from the field. Low 30's from 3 and he is the worst defender in the league.

Nothing about him suggests future All Star. He had a good run of it toward the end of the season when teams were resting guys and tanking but that's about it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:11 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
There are plenty of guys who have a season of greatness in otherwise good careers.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:24 am 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

If he puts up 25 and 9 in a season and you think he is likely to, then you are predicting greatness. Those are Hall of Fame numbers. If he is capable of that for one season then he is capable of comparable numbers multiple seasons.

Guys that put up numbers on losing teams do not make all Star teams unless they are special. See: Kyrie Irving. This kid isn't anywhere near that. Atlanta was blown out a lot last year with a great deal of those numbers being put up in garbage time.

With that said his advanced numbers (which you pump til you don't) are shabby as hell. He shoots 40% from the field. Low 30's from 3 and he is the worst defender in the league.

Nothing about him suggests future All Star. He had a good run of it toward the end of the season when teams were resting guys and tanking but that's about it.

Once again, he was a goddamn rookie. You’re making no sense with this gibberish. His career isn’t done :lol:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:29 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Bagels wrote:
Hawks for realz

gotta give Travis Shlenk a ton of credit for getting out ahead of the crowd and making this trade. And even though this draft is weak in terms of picks 4-14, it has a lot of depth extending well into the second round. Considering Schlenk hit grand slam home runs with 3 of his 4 first round picks in the last 2 years, I am very excited about him getting an extra bite at the apple in this draft. In the last 2 years he drafted Collins and Huerter at #19....I feel very confident that he'll find a gem at #17 this year.

I expect ATL to have a similar season to what Sacramento did this year. Make a little noise. But after that this team could start to really make a move upwards in the Eastern Conference standings.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:54 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Once again, he was a goddamn rookie. You’re making no sense with this gibberish. His career isn’t done :lol:

yea this is crazy....we all know PG is the hardest position for a rookie
He obviously has next level passing ability
I think the turnovers will go down
I also think his shooting will improve

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 563 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next