It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Jordan Bell
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:27 am 

:lol: :lol: :lol:
shakes wrote:
IMU wrote:
Jordan Bell is going to be one of the steals of the draft. In his 8 minutes a night, the first four games of his rookie year, he still grabs a couple of rebounds, has an assist, plays good D and scores 4 points. Guy is going to be a consistent 15/6/4 guy very soon.

Bulls suck.

"We didn't see a guy worth taking there, so we need to put some money in Reinsdorf's pockets because we owed him."

yep, been saying that since the draft. I'm no pro scout, but even I could tell that Bell was going to be this good after watching him all year at Oregon

Post subject: Re: Jordan Bell
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:36 pm 

And here i expected this to be an indicator of Imu's abilities as a talent evaluator. Oh wait it was :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:11 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Jordan Bell was a key bench player on a championship team. His role on the Warriors was reduced as they added big men to their roster. He will have additional chances this season and will produce.

I'm not sure what you think you're doing with this thread. The guys I recognize as having potential are still playing on the league. Teams don't even sign your players.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:13 am 

How many minutes a night will Josh Smith or Melo play this season?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:01 am 

Douchebag wrote:
How many minutes a night will Josh Smith or Melo play this season?

You do understand that careers end at some point don't you Douche?

Last edited by long time guy on Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:11 am 

IMU wrote:
Jordan Bell was a key bench player on a championship team. His role on the Warriors was reduced as they added big men to their roster. He will have additional chances this season and will produce.

I'm not sure what you think you're doing with this thread. The guys I recognize as having potential are still playing on the league. Teams don't even sign your players.

Huh? Carmelo Anthony played in 16 NBA seasons and is a Hall of Famer. Jordan Bell will be out the league by the time he is 28.

If Jordan Bell gets close enough to Josh Smith to sniff his jock strap as a player hold a parade.

Key contributor? :lol: :lol: :lol: He was replaced by Alphonse (My guy) and later Bogut in the rotation.

Alphonse was working at the local steak and shake last year and Bogut was wrestling damn crocodiles in the Outback.

What makes your evaluations such the joke that they are is that you hitch your wagon to bums. Just about everyone of them has to scratch and claw in order to stay in the league. Will you ever advocate for anyone that actually knows how to play?

Jordan "the Key contributor" Bell was predicted by you to be a 15 and 6 guy (Josh Smith type numbers by the way)

He avg 3 points and didn't get much burn during the Conference Finals or NBA Finals.

He is currently on a league minimum contract with his 2nd team. In a couple of years he will be out the league.

Key contributor :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:45 am 

In 2 seasons Jordan Bell has avg 4 pts and 3 rbs per game.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/pl ... ljo01.html

"Key contributor" :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:58 pm 

You'll need more than 3 consecutive posts to win your argument. Keep at it. I'll check back later.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I don’t think Bell is anything but it doesn’t invalidate the criticism of a rebuilding team selling a high 2nd round pick for cash a season after leading the nba in ticket sales :lol:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:34 am 

IMU wrote:
You'll need more than 3 consecutive posts to win your argument. Keep at it. I'll check back later.

Why don't you check back when his scoring avg for his career "rises" :lol: :lol: :lol: to a rather robust 7 points. Then and only then will we have a conversation. Til then he is a bum. Another in a line of bums that you always seem to hitch your wagon to.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:41 am 

FavreFan wrote:
I don’t think Bell is anything but it doesn’t invalidate the criticism of a rebuilding team selling a high 2nd round pick for cash a season after leading the nba in ticket sales :lol:

Nah it was more about trading Jordan Bell than it was trading a 2nd round pick. As previously stated 2 guys whose opinion (Shakes and Imu) you respect thought he was going to be a steal/good. There were people actually following him and trying to use him as an example of Bulls ineptitude.

He will probably be out of the league in 3 years because he can't play. He has no skills. In the NBA his athleticism isn't considered all that freakish.

He got by like a lot of college guys do. By being an older player (even for his grade level) playing against younger guys. Always a red flag

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:59 pm 

He is definitely an example of Bulls ineptitude and I just explained why

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:05 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
He is definitely an example of Bulls ineptitude and I just explained why

Selling a 2nd round pick for cash that really wasn't all that good isn't an example of ineptitude. He has no value 2 years later and they had the foresight to see that.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:06 pm 

Stop. It’s an indefensible move by a big market team who is rebuilding.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:10 pm 

FavreFan wrote:

What was the alternative? What should have done differently?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:37 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Use the pick to draft a player you like, obviously. Don’t sell it for cash. I can’t believe you’re defending that move.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:55 pm 

If you are trying to rebuild you should draft as many players as possible. You never know when a second rounder will hit. Most fail, but some become decent to good. Instead Reinsdorf sold their second round pick to pay for their baseball pick that season.

Bulls traded Bell for 3.5 million

Sox signed Burger for 3.7 million

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:59 pm 

I'm done responding to LTG on the matter, but those of us that follow bball a bit more intelligently can look at his per 36 numbers and his grit and see the potential for a solid bench career...far better result than most 2nd rounders have.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:08 am 

IMU wrote:
I'm done responding to LTG on the matter, but those of us that follow bball a bit more intelligently can look at his per 36 numbers and his grit and see the potential for a solid bench career...far better result than most 2nd rounders have.

He was beaten out by an undrafted kid ( my guy) who the team security guy (Steph Curry's cousin) had to tell them about.

He played a grand total of 25 minutes in the NBA Finals. Most of them were probably in mop duty during blowouts.

He just signed a league minimum contract which speaks to his lack of demand.

He is a bum. You referred to him as a steal who'd avg 15 and 6. Currently his career avg is 4 pts and 3 rebounds. You were and will continue to be wrong.

In the future you may want to do better. Try harder and more importantly learn more.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:13 am 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Use the pick to draft a player you like, obviously. Don’t sell it for cash. I can’t believe you’re defending that move.

No one presented a "person they'd like". They specifically cited Bell. I can check the draft and see who was drafted after him but if no one was drafted after that was any good then whats the point of drafting someone?

The point is that Bell is garbage. Trading his rights wasn't a disastrous move in retrospect. He will be out of the NBA in 3 years.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:25 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

No one presented a "person they'd like". They specifically cited Bell. I can check the draft and see who was drafted after him but if no one was drafted after that was any good then whats the point of drafting someone?

The point is that Bell is garbage. Trading his rights wasn't a disastrous move in retrospect. He will be out of the NBA in 3 years.

Bulls WON that trade. Got millions of dollars. For nothing.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:32 pm 

Nardi wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

We were told by such aficionados that the Bulls were stupid for trading the kid as he was the next "Draymond Green". Should have been a first round pick. He was also considered by known guru Imu to be a "steal". 15 and 6 with no pushback.

Now its about the pick and not him being the asset. Nice revisionist attempt.

This kid stinks. Team trade No. 1s these days for nothing. The Bulls didn't like him as a player and they were proven correct.

At the time guys on here were bashing the Bulls it was about passing on him. How dare they? Well they were correct in their assessment of him. He can't play.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:54 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Nardi wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

We were told by such aficionados that the Bulls were stupid for trading the kid as he was the next "Draymond Green". Should have been a first round pick. He was also considered by known guru Imu to be a "steal". 15 and 6 with no pushback.

This kid stinks. Team trade No. 1s these days for nothing. The Bulls didn't like him as a player and they were proven correct.

At the time guys on here were bashing the Bulls it was about passing on him. How dare they? Well they were correct in their assessment of him. He can't play.

Favre wrote, "Use the pick to draft a player you like, obviously. Don’t sell it for cash."
Obviously, they couldn't find a player they liked and as it turned out, there were no likeable players. It stands to reason that cash was the winner of this trade. I mean, hindsight is 20/20 but how does one still say what the Bulls did was a mistake? It clearly wasn't a mistake. What really is going on is Favre's sensibilities took a hit and he can't get over it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:04 pm 

Nardi wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Nardi wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Favre wrote, "Use the pick to draft a player you like, obviously. Don’t sell it for cash."
Obviously, they couldn't find a player they liked and as it turned out, there were no likeable players. It stands to reason that cash was the winner of this trade. I mean, hindsight is 20/20 but how does one still say what the Bulls did was a mistake? It clearly wasn't a mistake. What really is going on is Favre's sensibilities took a hit and he can't get over it.

Yep and 2 years later G.S. let a player they paid $3 million for walk away for nothing. He ended up signing for less bread than G S. Paid for him. Some asset.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:11 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Nardi wrote:

So you want to give the Bulls credit for winning a trade because their scouting department sucks at locating talent? There were definitely "likeable players" available after Bell was picked. Monte Morris, Dillon Brooks, Sterling Brown, Thomas Bryant. Those are all NBA rotation players who could've helped the Bulls. You don't think the Bulls would be better off with Monte Morris as opposed to $3 million dollars????

Awful take.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:15 am 

shakes wrote:
Nardi wrote:

So you want to give the Bulls credit for winning a trade because their scouting department sucks at locating talent? There were definitely "likeable players" available after Bell was picked. Monte Morris, Dillon Brooks, Sterling Brown, Thomas Bryant. Those are all NBA rotation players who could've helped the Bulls. You don't think the Bulls would be better off with Monte Morris as opposed to $3 million dollars????

Awful take.

At the time he didn't mention any of them. Jordan Bell was a steal and a soon to be good player.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:29 am 

shakes wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Awful take.

Is this the part where we dissect dime a dozen players that *eek*, got passed over for money? Another guy who's sensibilities were hurt over NOTHING. Paxson was in a draft and he didn't draft and it blows your mind.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:35 am 

Nardi wrote:
shakes wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Awful take.

Is this the part where we dissect dime a dozen players that *eek*, got passed over for money? Another guy who's sensibilities were hurt over NOTHING. Paxson was in a draft and he didn't draft and it blows your mind.

Yep.
Those sort of guys are littered throughout the G League. Just like Jordan Bell.

Jordan Bell was pumped as a can't miss prospect that idiot Paxson passed over for 3 mil. Well safe to say he missed.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:43 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Nardi wrote:
shakes wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Awful take.

blows my mind? What are you talking about? Blows my mind that Pax made a dumb decision? Hardly. Blows my mind that Pax is so cavalier with throwing away draft picks? Once again, not at all.

Good GM's don't throw away assets. 2nd round picks are assets. Atlanta acquired several 2nd round picks in this draft and used them to make trades and consolidate those picks into higher picks to get the guys they wanted. They sure didn't consolidate those picks into cold hard cash.

The idea of a tanking rebuilding team throwing away an asset for a few bucks is sickening.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:01 pm 

People give away 2nd round picks all the time. Hell people give away first round picks all the time too. Hell Philly essentially gave away the No. 1 overall draft pick for nothing just this year.

For the record at the time it was about the player and not the "asset". Guys on here including the revisionists though this kid was a player and Paxson was stupid for giving him away.

He is a bum.