It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 10:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Jordan Bell
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
long time guy wrote:

We were told by such aficionados that the Bulls were stupid for trading the kid as he was the next "Draymond Green". Should have been a first round pick. He was also considered by known guru Imu to be a "steal". 15 and 6 with no pushback.

Now its about the pick and not him being the asset. Nice revisionist attempt.

This kid stinks. Team trade No. 1s these days for nothing. The Bulls didn't like him as a player and they were proven correct.

At the time guys on here were bashing the Bulls it was about passing on him. How dare they? Well they were correct in their assessment of him. He can't play.

There is no revisionist history here. That was a horrible trade for the team. It made no sense and I said that at the time just like I'm saying it now. You don't trade away high 2nd round picks if you're a shitty team trying to rebuild.

I'm glad you guys are looking out for Jerry's pocketbook though :lol:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:10 pm 

Nardi wrote:
Favre wrote, "Use the pick to draft a player you like, obviously. Don’t sell it for cash."
Obviously, they couldn't find a player they liked and as it turned out, there were no likeable players. It stands to reason that cash was the winner of this trade. I mean, hindsight is 20/20 but how does one still say what the Bulls did was a mistake? It clearly wasn't a mistake. What really is going on is Favre's sensibilities took a hit and he can't get over it.

Well, this is a load of horse shit, obviously.

Take Thomas Bryant if you don't want Bell. Take any fucking guy. Even if you don't like someone you could be wrong, like they are often are, about their evaluation. There's no defending the move. You sound ridiculous in this thread.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:11 pm 

conns7901 wrote:
If you are trying to rebuild you should draft as many players as possible. You never know when a second rounder will hit. Most fail, but some become decent to good.

This is all that needs to be said. There is simply no rebuttal to this statement.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:13 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:

We were told by such aficionados that the Bulls were stupid for trading the kid as he was the next "Draymond Green". Should have been a first round pick. He was also considered by known guru Imu to be a "steal". 15 and 6 with no pushback.

Now its about the pick and not him being the asset. Nice revisionist attempt.

This kid stinks. Team trade No. 1s these days for nothing. The Bulls didn't like him as a player and they were proven correct.

At the time guys on here were bashing the Bulls it was about passing on him. How dare they? Well they were correct in their assessment of him. He can't play.

There is no revisionist history here. That was a horrible trade for the team. It made no sense and I said that at the time just like I'm saying it now. You don't trade away high 2nd round picks if you're a shitty team trying to rebuild.

I'm glad you guys are looking out for Jerry's pocketbook though :lol:

Of the guys they passed on Thomas Bryant is the only that they may regret. He is the only one that has the look of a potential starter.

The rest of them will be career bench players.

No one wants to actually address the fact that they thought Jordan Bell was going to be a player. A steal was how your guy Imu described him. Well he is non skilled, undersized five man bum.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:14 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
conns7901 wrote:
If you are trying to rebuild you should draft as many players as possible. You never know when a second rounder will hit. Most fail, but some become decent to good.

This is all that needs to be said. There is simply no rebuttal to this statement.

If you scout well you know. Notice how everyone continues to duck the fact that passed on Jordan Bell. Now its about trading the draft pick. Ok

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:16 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

If you scout well you know.

They didn’t scout well. If they did they would have taken Bryant, like I said.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:17 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

If you scout well you know. Notice how everyone continues to duck the fact that passed on Jordan Bell. Now its about trading the draft pick. Ok

It’s always been about the draft pick for me.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:19 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
shakes wrote:
Nardi wrote:
shakes wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Favre wrote, "Use the pick to draft a player you like, obviously. Don’t sell it for cash."
Obviously, they couldn't find a player they liked and as it turned out, there were no likeable players. It stands to reason that cash was the winner of this trade. I mean, hindsight is 20/20 but how does one still say what the Bulls did was a mistake? It clearly wasn't a mistake. What really is going on is Favre's sensibilities took a hit and he can't get over it.

So you want to give the Bulls credit for winning a trade because their scouting department sucks at locating talent? There were definitely "likeable players" available after Bell was picked. Monte Morris, Dillon Brooks, Sterling Brown, Thomas Bryant. Those are all NBA rotation players who could've helped the Bulls. You don't think the Bulls would be better off with Monte Morris as opposed to $3 million dollars????

Awful take.

Is this the part where we dissect dime a dozen players that *eek*, got passed over for money? Another guy who's sensibilities were hurt over NOTHING. Paxson was in a draft and he didn't draft and it blows your mind.

blows my mind? What are you talking about? Blows my mind that Pax made a dumb decision? Hardly. Blows my mind that Pax is so cavalier with throwing away draft picks? Once again, not at all.

Good GM's don't throw away assets. 2nd round picks are assets. Atlanta acquired several 2nd round picks in this draft and used them to make trades and consolidate those picks into higher picks to get the guys they wanted. They sure didn't consolidate those picks into cold hard cash.

The idea of a tanking rebuilding team throwing away an asset for a few bucks is sickening.

Yep. Proof positive it blew your mind. And what were the consequences? NOTHING. Go rotate on your dime a dozen rotations. This is the silliest shit ever. You won't back down on "principle" despite the results.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:21 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

The only guy that they may regret is Bryant. I like him. Morris is cool but likely a bench player. Sterling Brown isn't anything special.

2nd round picks are most valuable when they are viewed as potential starters. Rotation caliber guys (which Bell was always destined to be given his limited skill set) aren't anything to fret over. You can find guys on the waiver wire (as they did with Alphonse) that are often times better.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:23 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

Not notice it? It's the very essence of why they should just eat the shit and shutup.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:26 pm 

Drafting anyone with a pulse is better than selling the pick.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:31 pm 

Douchebag wrote:

At least this guy admits his sensibilities were offended.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:47 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

The only guy that they may regret is Bryant. I like him. Morris is cool but likely a bench player. Sterling Brown isn't anything special.

2nd round picks are most valuable when they are viewed as potential starters. Rotation caliber guys (which Bell was always destined to be given his limited skill set) aren't anything to fret over. You can find guys on the waiver wire (as they did with Alphonse) that are often times better.

I can't tell if you're intentionally or unintentionally missing the point. I can't make it any more clear though.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:48 pm 

Nardi wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

I don't know what that phrase means in this context and I suspect you don't either.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:59 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I can't tell if you're intentionally or unintentionally missing the point. I can't make it any more clear though.

No you missed the original point. The original point was related to Jordan Bell the player and not Jordan Bell the "asset". If i go back and bump posts from 2 years ago it was about passing on Jordan Bell the player. How dare Paxson trade and miss out on this guy. Now its about trading the 2nd round pick.

If i so desired i guarantee that i could find a number of trades that were cash based. Its not like Pax is the only one doing this.

My point is that rather than admit that they had it all wrong on this bum, they are trying to spin it as if Paxson erred on trading the pick.

Shakes had him as "good" and Imu had him as a "steal". He is neither. G.S. gave him away for nothing because they figured out that he wasn't that good.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:01 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

No you missed the original point. The original point was related to Jordan Bell the player and not Jordan Bell the "asset". If i go back and bump posts from 2 years ago it was about passing on Jordan Bell the player. How dare Paxson trade and miss out on this guy. Now its about trading the 2nd round pick.

If i so desired i guarantee that i could find a number of trades that were cash based. Its not like Pax is the only one doing this.

My point is that rather than admit that they had it all wrong on this bum, they are trying to spin it as if Paxson erred on trading the pick.

Shakes had him as "good" and Imu had him as a "steal". He is neither. G.S. gave him away for nothing because they figured out that he wasn't that good.

FavreFan wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Golden State won a championship with Jordan Bell being a regular rotational player for the entire season and in the playoffs.

Specifically in the Finals against Cleveland, he played 13.5 minutes per game, with 6 points, 3 rebounds, 1 assist and the Warriors were +10 in those minutes he played. I'm not sure what you expect from a second rounder, but I'd say that exceeds it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:16 pm 

IMU wrote:
Golden State won a championship with Jordan Bell being a regular rotational player for the entire season and in the playoffs.

Specifically in the Finals against Cleveland, he played 13.5 minutes per game, with 6 points, 3 rebounds, 1 assist and the Warriors were +10 in those minutes he played. I'm not sure what you expect from a second rounder, but I'd say that exceeds it.

30 of those minutes were during blowout games. He had no impact other than being on the floor in a series they were assured of winning anyway.

This year he played 25 minutes and had 2 games that DNP-CDs. Other games he essentially was a mop up man and he was beatout for his spot by a guy literally off the street.

If he is so valuable then why was Minnesota able to sign him for the league minimum?

With all of the injuries G.S. had during the playoffs they still weren't desperate enough to throw him out there.

He is a bum. 15/6 :lol: :lol:

And you have the nerve to bash Josh Smith

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:20 pm 

For the record I remember the bread from the trade being used to buy out the contract of Rajon Rondo. Not sign some Sox draft pick

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
FavreFan wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

I don't know what that phrase means in this context and I suspect you don't either.

Also, what does it fucking matter? Not really sure what Nardi is trying to prove in this thread. I guess his whole point is that he wants us to admit we were upset that Pax sold a draft pick? ok, good talk.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:05 pm 

shakes wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

Also, what does it fucking matter? Not really sure what Nardi is trying to prove in this thread. I guess his whole point is that he wants us to admit we were upset that Pax sold a draft pick? ok, good talk.

More like why are you still upset? Turned out fine. There's plenty to rip GarPax with, turns out this isn't one of them. There's something deep-seated here. I said it was offending peoples' sensibilities. Maybe it's just Pax going against conventional wisdom. I doubt Pax used that 3.5 mildough on whores and blow.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:19 pm 

Nardi wrote:
shakes wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

More like why are you still upset? Turned out fine. There's plenty to rip GarPax with, turns out this isn't one of them. There's something deep-seated here. I said it was offending peoples' sensibilities. Maybe it's just Pax going against conventional wisdom. I doubt Pax used that 3.5 mildough on whores and blow.

how did it turn out fine?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:28 pm 

shakes wrote:
Nardi wrote:
shakes wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

Thought we went over that. Turned out fine for the Bulls. Not fine for you.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:44 pm 

Nardi wrote:
shakes wrote:

No, I don't believe we went over this. How did it turn out fine for the Bulls?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:09 pm 

shakes wrote:
Nardi wrote:
shakes wrote:

They got 3.5 million dollars for not scratching the scratch card?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:50 am 

Nardi wrote:
shakes wrote:
Nardi wrote:
shakes wrote:

They got 3.5 million dollars for not scratching the scratch card?

So you think the Bulls are a better team today with $3.5 million dollars as opposed to having Monte Morris?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:41 pm 

Selling a Top 15 pick in the second round is asinine.

https://www.cleveland.com/ohio-sports-b ... round.html

This is just the last 10 years, and those are 20 good players that have helped or currently still helping teams.

Jordan Bell playing 20 minutes per game is going to put up some numbers. He is a poor man's Draymond.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:47 pm 

IMU wrote:
Selling a Top 15 pick in the second round is asinine.

https://www.cleveland.com/ohio-sports-b ... round.html

This is just the last 10 years, and those are 20 good players that have helped or currently still helping teams.

Jordan Bell playing 20 minutes per game is going to put up some numbers. He is a poor man's Draymond.

They sold the pick so that could buyout Rondo.

The analysis :lol: :lol: gets worse and worse the further along you with this.

He can't play nor could he ever play that well. If you watched the games as opposed to stat gaze from time to time you'd know that already.

He doesn't have one skill that he can use as a pro basketball player. He is an undersized 4 whose one gift (athleticism) isn't much of an advantage.

His problem wasn't lack of playing time. His primary problem is that he stinks.

If Minnesota thought he was a poor man's Draymond he would never have gone for the league minimum.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:06 pm 

IMU wrote:
He is a poor man's Draymond.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:41 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
IMU wrote:
He is a poor man's Draymond.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You're right.

Jordan Bell might be just as good as Draymond Green. Possibly better.

44% FG, 8.9 REB, 6.2 AST, 1.8 STL, 1.4 BLK, 11.6 Pts, 109 ORtg, 101 DRtg
vs
57% FG, 8.8 REB, 4.0 AST, 1.2 STL, 2.4 BLK, 10.9 Pts, 115 ORtg, 106 DRtg

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next