It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 2:17 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

So let's make this easy. Will Carmelo last the season with the Blazers? Will he be a starter all season?

:lol: ltg is Seacresting BR

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:01 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:
He wants to be a starter. Very few teams were probably willing to acquiesce to his demands. That is different than saying that no one wants him.
I only want to be a starter in the NBA too. I guess that means that it isn't true that no NBA teams want me!
long time guy wrote:
IF you really believed that someone was going to pick him up then you would not have continued to reference the fact that he wasn't signed with anyone. It would not have been necessary if you truly believed in the reason provided as to why he wasn't signed.
I didn't know if a team was going to pick him up or not. That is what you don't seem to understand. He took nearly a full year off of basketball and given what Houston thought of him it clearly wasn't by choice.

So let's make this easy. Will Carmelo last the season with the Blazers? Will he be a starter all season?

So you are pivoting from celebrating that he isn't in the NBA anymore to celebrating that he may not be starting in the NBA anymore. Take the L (everyone knows that you will not) and simply push on.

I provided the evidence. You constantly pumped the fact that he wasn't in the league even as no one (including me) was discussing him. Now you just simply look silly but we know that will not stop you from forging on.

You lost this one. There will be other battles to fight.

For the record I believe that he will last the year with Portland. Don't know and don't care whether he starts or not. He actually looked good all things considered.

None of this changes the fact that you believed that his career was effectively over.

Sometimes the silly trolling can get the best of a guy. This would be one of those times.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:07 pm 

long time guy wrote:
So you are pivoting from celebrating that he isn't in the NBA anymore to celebrating that he may not be starting in the NBA anymore. Take the L (everyone knows that you will not) and simply push on.
He sat at home for a year after being cut and just signed with a team that even you don't think he will last the year with. I never said he would never play a minute in the NBA again. In fact, I asked you that very question and you ignored it.

long time guy wrote:
I provided the evidence. You constantly pumped the fact that he wasn't in the league even as no one (including me) was discussing him. Now you just simply look silly but we know that will not stop you from forging on.
Why does that make me look silly? He wasn't in the league and no one even wanted to give him a tryout in a camp. You don't think he will even last the year here.

long time guy wrote:
For the record I believe that he will last the year with Portland. Don't know and don't care whether he starts or not. He actually looked good all things considered.
There it is. Thank you for an answer. I'll take my victory lap.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:39 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:
He sat at home for a year after being cut and just signed with a team that even you don't think he will last the year with. I never said he would never play a minute in the NBA again. In fact, I asked you that very question and you ignored it.

long time guy wrote:
Why does that make me look silly? He wasn't in the league and no one even wanted to give him a tryout in a camp. You don't think he will even last the year here.

long time guy wrote:
There it is. Thank you for an answer. I'll take my victory lap.

You never thought he'd be playing this year. Continuing to troll about it makes you look silly.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:42 pm 

long time guy wrote:
You never thought he'd be playing this year. Continuing to troll about it makes you look silly.
I never said he wouldn't play this year. This approaching a lie now instead of simply misstating my posts.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:58 pm 

Bingo.

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
He was a massive failure in the NBA but Carmelo deserves to be on the list too.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:14 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Bingo.

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I don't even know what the context is of that but it certainly has none here.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:23 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Bingo.

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Yes it does. From March of this year.

Obvious you thought it was a wrap for his career.
viewtopic.php?f=101&t=116956

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:25 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Bingo.

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

https://www.chicagofanatics.com/viewtop ... 1&t=116956

I'm thinking you don't know what the word obvious means. That is a thread about the best college players. I do think he is done as a college player.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:32 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Bingo.

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=101&t=116956

I'm thinking you don't know what the word obvious means. That is a thread about the best college players. I do think he is done as a college player.

Great another guy that struggles with the English language.

You stated "He was a massive failure in the NBA". This means you believed his NBA career was over.

Allow me to explain it to so that you can comprehend.

You spoke of his NBA Career in the past tense sincee you used a term which means past tense.

Game.Set.Match.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:36 pm 

No, it means that I don't think his career is going to suddenly get better.

You seem pretty desperate here. What is really bothering you. Why on a day I just so happened to post about your incorrect thoughts on Moore are you doing this?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:51 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
No, it means that I don't think his career is going to suddenly get better.

You seem pretty desperate here. What is really bothering you. Why on a day I just so happened to post about your incorrect thoughts on Moore are you doing this?

You used the term "Was" and claim that it should be taken to his current situation. Only in the world of Brick. You got it wrong which is ok. Simply admit it.

Ironically you are celebrating the fact that Etwaun is playing due to injury while condemning Carmelo for being signed due to injury. Just thought I'd mention this.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:59 pm 

long time guy wrote:
You used the term "Was" and claim that it should be taken to his current situation. Only in the world of Brick. You got it wrong which is ok. Simply admit it.
Yes, because Carmelo's NBA legacy isn't going to change. Are we really arguing over the word "was"? I can give you multiple posts about Jerry Reinsdorf that says he was a great owner. That doesn't mean he isn't still an owner.
http://chicagofanatics.com/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=119347&p=3297844&hilit=reinsdorf+owner#p3297844
http://chicagofanatics.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=101526&p=2521181&hilit=reinsdorf+owner#p2521181

long time guy wrote:
Ironically you are celebrating the fact that Etwaun is playing due to injury while condemning Carmelo for being signed due to injury. Just thought I'd mention this.
I'm not condeming him for being signed due to injury. I'm asking why he wasn't signed prior to the injury.