It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:06 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: He's Back
PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:15 pm 

25 against the Bulls.

19 on 9 of 11 from the field against OKC.
He is looking good thus far.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:06 pm 

Walt Williams Neck wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
5 turnovers in the first half :lol:
to go with 0 ft attempts 0 asst hasn't missed a beat -20 but it doesn't mean anything :lol:

Nope it doesn't.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:15 pm 

Western Conf player of the week.
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/282 ... layer-week

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
long time guy wrote:

Not Harden or Doncic :roll:

I'm out.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:25 pm 

long time guy wrote:

Not Harden or Doncic :roll:

Haters gone Hate. Still a long way from "Farewell Tours" and being "Washed Up". :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:47 pm 

Glad for him, but I'd forgotten that there was a NBA Player of the Week award.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:54 pm 

getting an award that others were more deserving = farewell tour asslickers gonna lick

I'm out.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:02 pm 

getting an award that others were more deserving = farewell tour asslickers gonna lick

No, just a mea culpa from the haters and Bernstein types. Which may be redundant. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:07 pm 

Still not a farewell tour. Still a long way from washed up.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:16 pm 

Dropped 28 and the game winner tonight against Toronto.

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=28443115

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:42 am 

By the way has anyone's farewell tour been more pathetic than Mellos?

he wash washed up in NY -11 ltg loves guys that don't play D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Currently avg 16 pts and 6 rebounds per game. Not bad for a guy supposedly on a "farewell tour" and allegedly "washed up".

Never trust a dumbass who thinks Bob Mcadoo revolutionized a position in which he happened to only shoot 8% from for his career.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:52 am 

Even Bob McAdoo knows that he wasn't the "originator of the stretch 4 position" Willy Nilly Walt still begs to differ however.
from the NY Times 2014
SAN ANTONIO — Bob McAdoo, with his graceful, high-arcing jumper, was a rarity for an N.B.A. big man. At 6 feet 9 inches, he could pull shot blockers like Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Artis Gilmore and Bob Lanier out near the top of the key and shoot over them or drive past them. Three times, McAdoo led the league in scoring, and in 1975, he was named the N.B.A.’s most valuable player.
But when the N.B.A. instituted the 3-point line midway through his career, McAdoo did not venture there. He made just three 3-point shots in seven seasons.
“It was a strain for most of us,” McAdoo said. “When I did shoot it, it was a desperation shot.”

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:30 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Even Bob McAdoo knows that he wasn't the "originator of the stretch 4 position" Willy Nilly Walt still begs to differ however.
from the NY Times 2014
SAN ANTONIO — Bob McAdoo, with his graceful, high-arcing jumper, was a rarity for an N.B.A. big man. At 6 feet 9 inches, he could pull shot blockers like Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Artis Gilmore and Bob Lanier out near the top of the key and shoot over them or drive past them. Three times, McAdoo led the league in scoring, and in 1975, he was named the N.B.A.’s most valuable player.
But when the N.B.A. instituted the 3-point line midway through his career, McAdoo did not venture there. He made just three 3-point shots in seven seasons.
“It was a strain for most of us,” McAdoo said. “When I did shoot it, it was a desperation shot.”

https://philly-what.com/2019/08/23/bob-mcadoo/

I'm out.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:38 pm 

long time guy wrote:
from the NY Times 2014

https://philly-what.com/2019/08/23/bob-mcadoo/

To illustrate his point he seeks out an idiot with an opinion and no facts to support it.

You know someone just like him.

When Bob Mcadoo left Chapel Hill after one season in which he garnered 2nd team AP all American honors and led the Tar Heels to the Final Four. Mcadoo found himself chosen 2nd in the 1972 NBA draft. Reportedly 2nd because he couldn’t come to a contract agreement with Portland who held the 1st pick. It was later discovered he was also chosen first in the ABA draft.

Save
Mcadoo at UNC
Respect of his peers
He was taken by the Buffalo Braves the franchise now known as the L.A Clippers and immediately made an impact on the league. At the end of his first year he was named Rookie of the Year and every player on every team knew he was a superstar in the making of which the league had never seen. Dr. Jack Ramsey said of Mcadoo “Bob Mcadoo had the full package, an offensive weapon that I don’t think has ever been equaled in the game”. Magic Johnson called him unstoppable. Today defenders are used to stretch bigs. However back then the other teams didn’t know what to do. They would try things like switching the power forward on him. Usually this wouldn’t work as he would take them into the paint with his turn around jumper. He is the original stretch big. Shooting all over the floor.

Save
At Carolina
The Skillset
Bob wasn’t just a shooter. He was a shot creator off the dribble similar to Dirk. He was also a better rebounder and low post scorer than say a Dirk. I’m not comparing the two, just stating facts. Mcadoo broke the North Carolina high school record for the high jump, just to give an example of his agility and athleticism.

He doesn’t seem to get the credit he deserves. He should widely be known as the pioneer to today’s stretch big. It’s as if he’s almost been forgotten through the years. I guess it’s because after him it was quite a while before other bigs were doing it. For years he was just an anomaly. An offensive weapon, a big with the skillset to create his shot and put the ball on the floor. Today many bigs do or try this. Don’t be confused though, there’s a difference between a Mcadoo or Dirk and most other stretch bigs.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:53 pm 

your convoluted thinking is the floor can not be stretched without a 3 point line which is wrong.

I'm out.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:03 pm 

your convoluted thinking is the floor can not be stretched without a 3 point line which is wrong.

What you do not understand is that the actual "stretch" part of it is about shooting 3's. There is no stretching without it. THe position was named for guys that shoot 3's and not mid range jump shots. McAdoo didn't shoot 3's regardless of what you say. At best he was a mid range jump shooter. That isn't a stretch 4.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:17 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Goddammit! Let's not revisit this. You're both fucking right!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:24 pm 

Nardi wrote:

Nah Walt doesn't know what the hell he is talking about but then I think you are already aware of that.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:32 pm 

Nardi wrote:

all well and good …. but bringing it up in a Carmelo Anthony thread is going out of ones way is rather immature...I'd rather have talked about Lillard's huge night

I'm out.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:40 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
long time guy wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Nah Walt doesn't know what the hell he is talking about but then I think you are already aware of that.

He backtracked.

McAdoo no longer invented it. He was a pioneer out doing some survey work. He was the Lewis and Clark for future stretch 4s

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:40 pm 

Nardi wrote:

all well and good …. but bringing it up in a Carmelo Anthony thread is going out of ones way is rather immature...I'd rather have talked about Lillard's huge night

It along with all of the other stupid shit that you say "Boylen gets you to the playoffs" will continue to be brought up as long as you continue to play dumbass gotcha games.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:47 pm 

By the way has anyone's farewell tour been more pathetic than Mellos?

he wash washed up in NY -11 ltg loves guys that don't play D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:51 pm 

Nardi wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Nardi wrote:

He backtracked.

McAdoo no longer invented it. He was a pioneer out doing some survey work. He was the Lewis and Clark for future stretch 4s

back tracked :?:

I'm out.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:34 pm 

Nardi wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Nardi wrote:

He backtracked.

so what do you do? revisit it

I'm out.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:42 pm 

I'm out.