It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:37 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 7:09 pm 

The Hawk wrote:
RFDC wrote:
In no world was Barkley a 3.

He played the three quite a bit actually and actually played some five. Per Wikipedia:

Barkley played the power forward position, but occasionally played small forward and center. He was known for his unusual build as a basketball player, stockier than most small forwards, yet shorter than most power forwards he faced. However, Barkley was still capable of outplaying both taller and quicker opponents because of his unusual combination of strength and agility.
Barkley was a prolific scorer who averaged 22.1 points-per-game during the regular season for h…
Wikipedia · Text under CC-BY-SA license

Thanks for proving my point. He was a power forward.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 7:11 pm 

The Hawk wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:
Stockton/Malone were actually one guy. Separately they would have much less.

Malone was unstoppable once he set himself in the post. One of the best post players ever. Some of you guys prefer flash over substance. His numbers are amazing. As are John Stockton's. Those two probably had the best two man game of all time.

Karl Malone was nowhere in the class of McHale or Olajuwon as far as post players went. Kareem or Duncan either. Best post players ever. Sure he was.
Malone's post game was probably the weakest part of his game. He ran the floor and pick and roll/popped most of the time.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 7:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
long time guy wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
RFDC wrote:

He played the three quite a bit actually and actually played some five. Per Wikipedia:

Barkley played the power forward position, but occasionally played small forward and center. He was known for his unusual build as a basketball player, stockier than most small forwards, yet shorter than most power forwards he faced. However, Barkley was still capable of outplaying both taller and quicker opponents because of his unusual combination of strength and agility.
Barkley was a prolific scorer who averaged 22.1 points-per-game during the regular season for h…

Barkley was a power forward with Small Forward skills. Still didn't mean he wasn't a Power Forward.

Semantics. One of the most versatile players in the history of the NBA offensively. I care less about how you view Malone. He was an awesome player.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 7:26 pm 

The Hawk wrote:
long time guy wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Barkley was a power forward with Small Forward skills. Still didn't mean he wasn't a Power Forward.

Semantics. One of the most versatile players in the history of the NBA offensively. I care less about how you view Malone. He was an awesome player.

I don't care how you view him either. Think what you want to think but do me a favor and simply leave me out of it. I have no interest in engaging you on anything and I will simply try and avoid responding as you are a waste of time.

This one is on me. Will try and not make the same mistake again.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 7:32 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Regular Reader wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Stockton was one of the most overrated players in basketball history.

Agreed.

He's one of my favorite players. I always like the grindy players.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 9:05 pm 

long time guy wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
long time guy wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
RFDC wrote:

I don't care how you view him either. Think what you want to think but do me a favor and simply leave me out of it. I have no interest in engaging you on anything and I will simply try and avoid responding as you are a waste of time.

Funny how he neglected to address the positive comments about McHale.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 9:40 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
long time guy wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
long time guy wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
RFDC wrote:

If he is popping in it won't be too long before the B.S starts.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 11:25 am 

Regular Reader wrote:
long time guy wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
long time guy wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
RFDC wrote:

What does McHale have to do with anything? I was commenting on Barkley and Malone. Its a simple difference of opinion. Or are you attempting somehow introduce RACE into the discussion? But since you brought McHale into the discussion, I'll bite. I'd say that he would be maybe the 4th or 5th best power forward in the history of the game.

My top five:

1. Duncan 2. Karl Malone 3. Charles Barkley 4. Kevin McHale 5. Elton Brand

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 11:27 am 

Elton Brand as #5 :lol: :lol: oh for fucks sake

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 11:43 am 

long time guy wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:
Stockton/Malone were actually one guy. Separately they would have much less.

Malone was unstoppable once he set himself in the post. One of the best post players ever. Some of you guys prefer flash over substance. His numbers are amazing. As are John Stockton's. Those two probably had the best two man game of all time.

Karl Malone was nowhere in the class of McHale or Olajuwon as far as post players went. Kareem or Duncan either. Best post players ever. Sure he was.
Malone's post game was probably the weakest part of his game. He ran the floor and pick and roll/popped most of the time.

Funny stuff. "weakest part of his game"? Hilarious. YOu fancy yourself as some kind of basketball savant I guess? Once again, your ego and not based on anything factual. Malone was a beast at the low post, especially after he developed a nice spot up jump shot like Michael did as he got older. I get it that you like Barkley a lot. So what? Just don't make Malone somehow not in the cast of other great players. He was. Hell, he scored more points than all but one player in the history of the game.

BTW. I said that Malone was ONE of the best post players ever. I didn't say he was the BEST post player ever and you threw three centers into the discussion. Why?

Last edited by The Hawk on Wed May 06, 2020 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 11:49 am 

RFDC wrote:

Who do you think was better? I threw him in there just threw him in there actually without thinking about it.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 12:24 pm 

The Hawk wrote:
Funny stuff. "weakest part of his game"? Hilarious. YOu fancy yourself as some kind of basketball savant I guess?

And you fancy yourself as an idiot who has an affinity for saying dumb shit on the internet
The Hawk wrote:
Malone was a beast at the low post, especially after he developed a nice spot up jump shot

A spot up jump shot isn't a post move dumbass.
The Hawk wrote:
I get it that you like Barkley a lot. So what? Just don't make Malone somehow not in the cast of other great players.

I never said he wasn't a great player you rambling, ignorant asswipe. I stated that I didn't care for him. I am allowed to have that opinion you fucking idiot.
The Hawk wrote:
BTW. I said that Malone was ONE of the best post players ever. I didn't say he was the BEST post player ever and you threw three centers into the discussion.

Because when people reference post players its typically Centers that they are referring to. Now get yourself some business you deranged asshole.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 3:31 pm 

The Hawk wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Who do you think was better? I threw him in there just threw him in there actually without thinking about it.

You certainly didn't think about it.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 3:56 pm 

The Hawk wrote:
RFDC wrote:

First one that comes to mind is Dirk. But I am sure when I can sit down and think about it there are a ton of guys better than Brand.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 3:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
The Hawk wrote:
RFDC wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 3:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
That's gotta be the best The Hawk post ever

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 4:02 pm 

FavreFan wrote:

:lol: yeah it really is a treasure.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 4:07 pm 

RFDC wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
RFDC wrote:

First one that comes to mind is Dirk. But I am sure when I can sit down and think about it there are a ton of guys better than Brand.

Chris Webber
Kevin Garnett
Elvin Hayes
Dave Debusscher (sp?)
Jerry Lucas

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 4:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
RFDC wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

should probably stick to carving canes and walking sticks for veterans or whatever

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 10:48 pm 

Nas wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Stockton was one of the most overrated players in basketball history.

Agreed.

He's one of my favorite players. I always like the grindy players.

Stockton was a very tough player and dirty as hell. He also was a very good three point shooter. He could score when they needed him too but he preferred to pass to a guy who had an easier shot. It is amazing to me how some people knock both Stockton and Malone. As a two-some they were certainly up there as one of the best one two combinations in NBA history. All time assists leader and the guy who is 2nd in all time scoring. Pretty amazing twosome.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 11:08 pm 

long time guy wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
Funny stuff. "weakest part of his game"? Hilarious. YOu fancy yourself as some kind of basketball savant I guess?

And you fancy yourself as an idiot who has an affinity for saying dumb shit on the internet
The Hawk wrote:
Malone was a beast at the low post, especially after he developed a nice spot up jump shot

A spot up jump shot isn't a post move dumbass.
The Hawk wrote:
I get it that you like Barkley a lot. So what? Just don't make Malone somehow not in the cast of other great players.

I never said he wasn't a great player you rambling, ignorant asswipe. I stated that I didn't care for him. I am allowed to have that opinion you fucking idiot.
The Hawk wrote:
BTW. I said that Malone was ONE of the best post players ever. I didn't say he was the BEST post player ever and you threw three centers into the discussion.

Because when people reference post players its typically Centers that they are referring to. Now get yourself some business you deranged asshole.

YOu are such an insecure fellow. Now you've really revealed yourself as pretty much a deranged fellow also. Where do I begin to tear you apart? So many choices...

First of all, the jumpshot. Malone, once posted, could back off and hit a spot up jump shot with regularity. Michael did the same as did Barkley. Those two used their quickness to move the opponent back and good ability to elevate to knock the shot down while Malone would basically lean into the defender and knock them back and then shoot over him. His shot was virtually unable to be defended without the guy fouling him which happened often.

Next, people talk all of the time about posting up regardless of position. Michael was a great post player. So was Barkley. I could go on a long time with great two guards and small forwards and power forwards who were good post player. There also were a shit load of centers, dipshit, that were not great post players. Many centers became high post players who could hit jump shots from the perimeter but lacked the foot skills to play the low post. If you knew a damn thing about basketball you'd know that. A ton of big tall people, mensa, are lacking low post moves. The few of them that do are basically legends.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 11:10 pm 

RFDC wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Yeah. Dirk was much better than Brand. Cool. I'm sure I can also. Like I said, I just threw Brand in there because I liked him as a player.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 11:13 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
RFDC wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Chris Webber
Kevin Garnett
Elvin Hayes
Dave Debusscher (sp?)
Jerry Lucas

Yep. Those guys were better than Brand also. Particularly Garnett and the Big "E". Thanks for bringing those great players up.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 11:25 pm 

Bagels wrote:
RFDC wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

should probably stick to carving canes and walking sticks for veterans or whatever

What have you done for disabled veterans in your lifetime, asshole? I really wish I could have a meet up with assholes like you. The other day I found out that a friend of mine passed a few days ago. Mark was a Marine in Nam. His kid and mine played youth soccer together. He also played lacrosse for Syracuse and entered the Marines after he graduated. A tough as hell guy but a guy who was a great father and friend. Now I can't mourn him properly and I am sad that I can't.

I really really wish that you assholes who mock veterans would go to a local VA hospital and take a look at what some veterans go through after their service is done and I wish that I was around to see what your assessment of them would be.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 11:40 pm 

RFDC wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Thanks for proving my point. He was a power forward.

What was Scottie Pippin? Was he a small forward? Was he is point forward? All of this shit is semantics which is my point. The guys like Pippin, Barkley, and others like them didn't fit into the finite categories of point guard, shooting guard, small forward, power forward, and center. That actually was the greatness of the Chicago Bulls. A lot of their stars could play multiple positions. Jordan, Harper, Pippen, Rodman, Kukoc, and Grant were basically interchangeable offensively and in a lot of cases defensively.

Barkley would have been great fit with those great Bulls teams because he was very versatile. I think that he'd really have loved playing with Jordan and company

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 1:44 am 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
RFDC wrote:

Wtf?

He's not even top 10!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:44 pm 

:lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5