It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Phoenix Suns
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
I guess we just have different definitions of 5x and 10x. When you say that to me it means that person is on a whole other professional league level - like the two guys being compared aren't even able to compete in the same professional league. There's not a single starting player in the NBA I would say is 5x better than another one.

I also disagree on the jury being out on Zion. It's not. He's going to be a superstar.

You're just nitpicking here mate. When someone says 10x like I said it's an obvious exaggeration intended to imply you're taking Luka in this case all day everyday against a guy like Zion.

When we redraft 2019 in three years the consensus no 1 will be Morant. I'd pick Zion first if I needed to win a hot dog eating contest.

As I said, your Zion takes will age poorly. Nbd, we all have takes that have aged poorly.

Zion is a summer blockbuster while Luka is the Godfather. Nbd, we all are enticed by dumb fun once in awhile.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:11 pm 

Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Perfect 8-0 in the bubble yet will be on the outside looking in. Finally looking as though they are putting it together. Star in Booker and DeAndre Ayton will be one shortly as well. Monty Williams is also a very good coach.

Playoff team next year barring injury to either of the 2 main guys.

I've been predicting playoffs and it looks like I'll be right soon.

Yep. They may have made it this year if Ayton didn't get suspended to start the year.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:14 pm 

Ron Wolfley wrote:
I'm such a huge fan of Monty Williams. He's just a good dude.

People forget they were a selection away from picking Jaylen Brown in '16 or Jayson Tatum in 2017. Finally learned how to tank correctly in 2018. Chose the wrong guy but Ayton is still a damn solid player with a lot of potential (he has to be much more aggressive offensively). And if the NBA kept the old lottery odds for one more year, Phoenix might've gotten Zion. The next couple offseasons will be fun.

Ayton is going to be really good. All Star in 2 years but its just that Doncic has blown everyone else out of the water with how good he is. Ayton will still be no worse than the 2nd best player from that draft imo. They are definitely on the uptick.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:15 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Jaw Breaker wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
That's fucked up. How can a team go undefeated and still miss the playoffs? Why even include them then?

Why is it fucked up? It is no different than a team ending the season on a 8 game winning streak and missing the playoffs in a normal year. Winning a certain number at the end is no guarantee of a spot. The entire season determines it.

My bad...I didn't remember the regular season standings carried over.

It's still valid. Phoenix had little chance to make the playoffs. They shouldn't have been included and winning 8 straight proves it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:21 pm 

Ron Wolfley wrote:

People forget they were a selection away from picking Jaylen Brown in '16 or Jayson Tatum in 2017. Finally learned how to tank correctly in 2018. Chose the wrong guy but Ayton is still a damn solid player with a lot of potential (he has to be much more aggressive offensively). And if the NBA kept the old lottery odds for one more year, Phoenix might've gotten Zion. The next couple offseasons will be fun.

He has Cameron Payne looking like a legitimate NBA player these days.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
I guess we just have different definitions of 5x and 10x. When you say that to me it means that person is on a whole other professional league level - like the two guys being compared aren't even able to compete in the same professional league. There's not a single starting player in the NBA I would say is 5x better than another one.

I also disagree on the jury being out on Zion. It's not. He's going to be a superstar.

You're just nitpicking here mate. When someone says 10x like I said it's an obvious exaggeration intended to imply you're taking Luka in this case all day everyday against a guy like Zion.

When we redraft 2019 in three years the consensus no 1 will be Morant. I'd pick Zion first if I needed to win a hot dog eating contest.

As I said, your Zion takes will age poorly. Nbd, we all have takes that have aged poorly.

Zion is a summer blockbuster while Luka is the Godfather. Nbd, we all are enticed by dumb fun once in awhile.

I wish you lots of luck and good fortunate with your “Zion will eat himself out of the league in three years” take

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:27 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
The Suns not making the playoffs would be major news if the playoffs were actually being watched by the public and not losing to Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives re-runs in the ratings.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:35 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I wish you lots of luck and good fortunate with your “Zion will eat himself out of the league in three years” take

That's not my take. My take is he's overhyped and at best will be an above average player.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:40 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

That's not my take. My take is he's overhyped and at best will be an above average player.

I look forward to your "Well an MVP is an above average player, technically" backpedaling 2-3 years from now

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:42 pm 

:lol:
I don't backpedal, I take the L. There will be no L here. Zion is not special.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:47 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:

Bad attitude. Backpedal, see how it's received, then if it becomes obvious, take the L.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:49 pm 

Nardi wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Bad attitude. Backpedal, see how it's received, then if it becomes obvious, take the L.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:01 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Nardi wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

+ :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
long time guy wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:

I still don't believe Payne did what he did this month.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:16 pm 

Ron Wolfley wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:

I still don't believe Payne did what he did this month.

I know I'm not buying it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:09 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:21 pm 

pizza_Place: DATYYy
Ron Wolfley wrote:

Bad ass!

Woulda loved to see the 7 seconds or less squad running in those.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Crick Ramp wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:

Bad ass!

meh, basically a rip off of the Denver jerseys.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:43 pm 

shakes wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:

Bad ass!

meh, basically a rip off of the Denver jerseys.

They're still fire. Similar color scheme as the 90s jerseys. They should just go back to those permanently.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:50 pm 

Suns and Nets tonight on TNT tonight. Phoenix has won 9 of their last 10, including games against Dallas, Milwaukee, Boston, and Philadelphia. Durant is out, but it still should be a damn good one.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 5:20 pm 

The Bulls ain't shit. Let's root for the Suns to get their first championship in franchise history this summer.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 7:40 pm 

honestly if the suns dont win the title this year its a bigger epic failure than the last two times they didnt win it

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 12:23 am 

IkeSouth wrote:
honestly if the suns dont win the title this year its a bigger epic failure than the last two times they didnt win it

Wholeheartedly agree.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 10:17 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Ron Wolfley wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:

Wholeheartedly agree.

on paper, sure. But they ripped the defensive heart out of this team to get Durant. So they'll flame out before the Finals.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 10:42 am 

City of Fools wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:

Wholeheartedly agree.

on paper, sure. But they ripped the defensive heart out of this team to get Durant. So they'll flame out before the Finals.

Durant plays terrific defense too.

I'll be watching Mikal versus the Sixers intently. It's cool seeing what he's doing being the "guy" instead of standing in the corner.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 1:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
Ron Wolfley wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:

Wholeheartedly agree.

I'll be watching Mikal versus the Sixers intently. It's cool seeing what he's doing being the "guy" instead of standing in the corner.

And wonder just how much better they'd be had they kept him on draft night several years back. One of the more underrated bad trades in recent memory. He would fit in perfectly alongside Embiid right about now.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 3:29 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:

Wholeheartedly agree.

And wonder just how much better they'd be had they kept him on draft night several years back. One of the more underrated bad trades in recent memory. He would fit in perfectly alongside Embiid right about now.

:lol: :lol: that's such a great point. Damn.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 10:14 pm 

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 10:30 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
I look forward to your "Well an MVP is an above average player, technically" backpedaling 2-3 years from now

Hey FF, did you watch Zion's MVP award ceremony this year? Couldn't find it on TV so maybe it was streaming?

2013 CSFMB ROY