It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Phoenix Suns
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:12 am 

Perfect 8-0 in the bubble yet will be on the outside looking in. Finally looking as though they are putting it together. Star in Booker and DeAndre Ayton will be one shortly as well. Monty Williams is also a very good coach.

Playoff team next year barring injury to either of the 2 main guys.

Post subject: Re: Phoenix Suns
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:18 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
That's fucked up. How can a team go undefeated and still miss the playoffs? Why even include them then?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:19 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Dame > Suns

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:47 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
It's too bad they didn't get in. They were a joy to watch and who wouldn't want to see Dame vs Book for a 1-2 games this weekend? Memphis limped in and are bogged down with injury problems. Portland gonna destroy them tomorrow.

I've been saying all week the NBA really screwed up with the schedule. They should've realized that teams were going to be mailing it in the last few games and had all the teams battling for 8/9 play each other the last few games instead. Portland/Memphis/Spurs/Suns/New Orleans/Sacramento. Sure a couple were eliminated early, but we still would've gotten some huge games if those teams played each other exclusively the last 3 games of he bubble. It would've been essentially a mini playoffs right before the playoffs.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:01 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
long time guy wrote:
Perfect 8-0 in the bubble yet will be on the outside looking in. Finally looking as though they are putting it together. Star in Booker and DeAndre Ayton will be one shortly as well. Monty Williams is also a very good coach.

I've been predicting playoffs and it looks like I'll be right soon.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:10 am 

Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Shakes has a good point about the scheduling loss., but damn if the NBA hasn't gotten everything else right. Personally I'd been trending towards casual fandom, but highlighting all these young teams and the edge on display with these guys, I've been listening and watching at least two+ games a day and am planning on parts of all three, plus tomorrows play in game.

Looking forward to Memphis?!? And Phoenix as well as Brooklyn and New Orleans next season.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:12 am 

Never been a big Booker fan but I'm willing to accept my L on that now :lol:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:09 am 

Regular Reader wrote:
Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Shakes has a good point about the scheduling loss., but damn if the NBA hasn't gotten everything else right. Personally I'd been trending towards casual fandom, but highlighting all these young teams and the edge on display with these guys, I've been listening and watching at least two+ games a day and am planning on parts of all three, plus tomorrows play in game.

Looking forward to Memphis?!? And Phoenix as well as Brooklyn and New Orleans next season.

yea, the scheduling for those teams was the only thing the NBA has screwed up during the Bubble. And it will all be forgotten once the playoffs get going. 4 playoff games per day starting at noon. 2 east and 2 west so we'll get at least 2 good games per day. All the west opening series are gonna be amazing.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:29 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
I'm such a huge fan of Monty Williams. He's just a good dude.

People forget they were a selection away from picking Jaylen Brown in '16 or Jayson Tatum in 2017. Finally learned how to tank correctly in 2018. Chose the wrong guy but Ayton is still a damn solid player with a lot of potential (he has to be much more aggressive offensively). And if the NBA kept the old lottery odds for one more year, Phoenix might've gotten Zion. The next couple offseasons will be fun.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:36 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Jaw Breaker wrote:
That's fucked up. How can a team go undefeated and still miss the playoffs? Why even include them then?

Regular season games matter

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:39 am 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
long time guy wrote:

Hopefully they get more features games next season.

I need another team to watch when the Pelicans go through one of their slumps forgetting how to play basketball.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:41 am 

Jbi11s wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Hopefully they get more features games next season.

I need another team to watch when the Pelicans go through one of their slumps forgetting how to play basketball.

Mavs

Luka 10x better than Zion

Zion isn't following the advice of team chefs because it looks like he ate at least one of them.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:47 am 

Yeah Mavs can be fun to watch.

Having no basketball activities for 13 days and gaining something like 25 pounds is straight up embarrassing for Zion and his personal “team”.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:48 am 

veganfan21 wrote:

I've been as high on Luka as anyone on this board, going back to before he was drafted. This take will age poorly.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:54 am 

Jaw Breaker wrote:

Why is it fucked up? It is no different than a team ending the season on a 8 game winning streak and missing the playoffs in a normal year. Winning a certain number at the end is no guarantee of a spot. The entire season determines it.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:57 am 

FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

I've been as high on Luka as anyone on this board, going back to before he was drafted. This take will age poorly.

The only way Zion has a better career than Luka is if he ends Luka's career by eating him as a midnight snack.

Idk where this Zion love comes from when all he's proven is that he's really good at dunking and eating. Luka is already playing at a MVP level.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:03 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

The only way Zion has a better career than Luka is if he ends Luka's career by eating him as a midnight snack.

Idk where this Zion love comes from when all he's proven is that he's really good at dunking and eating. Luka is already playing at a MVP level.

I never said Zion will have a better career than Luka. I don't think he will. Saying Luka is 10x better than him is going to sound ridiculous by this time next year though, and I think Luka will probably be the NBA MVP next year.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:52 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

I never said Zion will have a better career than Luka. I don't think he will. Saying Luka is 10x better than him is going to sound ridiculous by this time next year though, and I think Luka will probably be the NBA MVP next year.

so 5x better?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:54 pm 

shakes wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

so 5x better?

Is Giannis 5x better than Pascal Siakam? (just grabbing a random name) Zion's going to be really fucking good for a long time.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
RFDC wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

Why is it fucked up? It is no different than a team ending the season on a 8 game winning streak and missing the playoffs in a normal year. Winning a certain number at the end is no guarantee of a spot. The entire season determines it.

My bad...I didn't remember the regular season standings carried over.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:03 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
shakes wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

so 5x better?

Is Giannis 5x better than Pascal Siakam? (just grabbing a random name) Zion's going to be really fucking good for a long time.

The jury is still out on Zion. He needs to show he can get in and stay in shape for an entire season for starters. He needs to do more than just score efficiently. Rebound and defend. Still lots of questions about Zion. Only question about Luka right now is can he improve his 3 pt shooting. I'd say Luka is definitely 5x better than Zion right now. And I'm a huge fan of both.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:44 pm 

I guess we just have different definitions of 5x and 10x. When you say that to me it means that person is on a whole other professional league level - like the two guys being compared aren't even able to compete in the same professional league. There's not a single starting player in the NBA I would say is 5x better than another one.

I also disagree on the jury being out on Zion. It's not. He's going to be a superstar.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:47 pm 

Giannis isn’t currently 5x better than JR Smith?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:48 pm 

Jbi11s wrote:
Giannis isn’t currently 5x better than JR Smith?

I don't think so. Do you understand how insanely good JR Smith is at basketball?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:49 pm 

I mean he was at one point with the Nuggets.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:50 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
I guess we just have different definitions of 5x and 10x. When you say that to me it means that person is on a whole other professional league level - like the two guys being compared aren't even able to compete in the same professional league. There's not a single starting player in the NBA I would say is 5x better than another one.

I also disagree on the jury being out on Zion. It's not. He's going to be a superstar.

You're just nitpicking here mate. When someone says 10x like I said it's an obvious exaggeration intended to imply you're taking Luka in this case all day everyday against a guy like Zion.

When we redraft 2019 in three years the consensus no 1 will be Morant. I'd pick Zion first if I needed to win a hot dog eating contest.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:50 pm 

Jbi11s wrote:

:lol:

I love when fans show zero understanding of the skill involved that separates pros from non-pros.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:51 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

You're just nitpicking here mate. When someone says 10x like I said it's an obvious exaggeration intended to imply you're taking Luka in this case all day everyday against a guy like Zion.

When we redraft 2019 in three years the consensus no 1 will be Morant. I'd pick Zion first if I needed to win a hot dog eating contest.

As I said, your Zion takes will age poorly. Nbd, we all have takes that have aged poorly.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:54 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

I love when fans show zero understanding of the skill involved that separates pros from non-pros.

I have that understanding.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:04 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

No one is comparing Zion to the pimpled cashier at Subway with gonorrhea. Strawman.

Luka is not 10x better than Jr Smith. He's 200x better.

2013 CSFMB ROY