It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 5:12 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 422 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: NBA Boycott
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:48 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
Calm down. No one is missing a year of paychecks, and definitely not next year.

They sat our for a day because they had 95% of their salary for this year already in their pockets.

You didn't see Timmy sit out and he is Fuck 12.

They just delayed the games by a couple of days and haven't missed anything. MLB just played double headers today to.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino

It's the blue flu.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Kirkwood wrote:
WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
Nas wrote:
Players across all sports don't appear to be protesting the shooting of Blake. They're upset by what they see as a double standard. The kid from Antioch was able to cross state lines with a rifle and shoot 3 people. Even when he repeatedly tried to give himself up and had people alerting the cops that he was the shooter, he was given a bottle of water and allowed to go home. Blake was shot and paralyzed for not obeying orders and he may have had a knife. That's allegedly why they all took "action" yesterday.

There is nothing comparable in the situations. It’s not a double standard to any reasonable person. And no athlete has made a coherent argument voting these two events. The kid was involved in a shooting and arrested within hours.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Great talk. What a completely dishonest idiot.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Nardi wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Replacement players in baseball might actually make it better...if the pitchers are topping out at 90, I bet more balls would be put in play.

Problem is, the guys that struggle to hit even them will be the other group of guys coming up. Enjoy your Kane Co. Cougars, I'll pass.

Class A ball is the worst. Might as well go watch a high school game. I'd rather watch a high school game.

I enjoy Class A and Rookie ball. It is an enjoyable low-cost evening. I prefer AAA ball, but that's more like $25/game if I want to sit between the bases and I have to pay $7 to park.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:29 pm 

Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Replacement players in baseball might actually make it better...if the pitchers are topping out at 90, I bet more balls would be put in play.

Problem is, the guys that struggle to hit even them will be the other group of guys coming up. Enjoy your Kane Co. Cougars, I'll pass.

Class A ball is the worst. Might as well go watch a high school game. I'd rather watch a high school game.

I enjoy Class A and Rookie ball. It is an enjoyable low-cost evening. I prefer AAA ball, but that's more like $25/game if I want to sit between the bases and I have to pay $7 to park.

But I notice that you qualified your remarks by noting the costs. I love baseball, but I have no interest in paying for minor league sports, unless I know people playing. And that goes for watching it on tv.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
I enjoy baseball. I also enjoy being outside on a summer night, and it is something I can do alone. I also watch random Padres, Mariners, and Giants games on TV late at night though MLB.tv. In the winter, I watch Sunday afternoon games from the Australian Baseball League a couple of times a month on Saturday late night, although I do tend to doze off.

Would I rather watch a major league game in person? Sure and pre COVID I averaged 5-6 games a year.

I like Rookie league ball. Sure it's glorified high school ball, which is why MLB wants to get rid of it. But it is only 11 weeks, I can usually catch a couple of high draft choices, I can park next to the stadium, and it's a fun crowd. Part of the allure is trying to identify the one kid who will make it to a major league roster.

In Durham, the Rays use AAA mostly for development, as opposed to some teams who just stash the Trini Hubbards of the world at AAA and keep their best prospects mostly at AA. It was cool to watch Jake Cronenworth and Mike Broussard rake in Durham and then get legit MLB opportunity (Cronenworth was traded to the Padres and has been playing 2B in a platoon with Profar).

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
NHL postponing today and tomorrow's games for the 5 Americans and city of Vancouver who are still watching.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Kirkwood wrote:
NHL postponing today and tomorrow's games for the 5 Americans and city of Vancouver who are still watching.

If a tree falls in the forest....

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
:lol: So its actually gonna kill the NHL!!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:53 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Jaw Breaker wrote:

Given the demographics of its players and fans it kind of has to be, no?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:57 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
Antarctica wrote:
:lol: So its actually gonna kill the NHL!!!

Capital subsumed this protest in a hurry, didn't it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:14 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
how disappointing. If these guys really wanted to go down in history with the likes of jackie robinson, jim brown, mo ali, bill russell, they would have walked off and cancelled the season.

bunch of fucking phony's.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:33 pm 

Fair enough.

But maybe take some small initiative on your end to.

https://theundefeated.com/features/nba- ... takeaways/

NBA Players’ Association president and Oklahoma City Thunder point guard Chris Paul has been able to get all of his Thunder teammates registered to vote, according to a source. James is pushing his More Than A Vote initiative geared at a national call to vote. Yet, it was said during the meeting that only about 20% of all NBA players are registered to vote. Paul said strongly that every player in the league should be registered to vote before the presidential election in November.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:38 pm 

conns7901 wrote:

Fair enough.

But maybe take some small initiative on your end to.

https://theundefeated.com/features/nba- ... takeaways/

NBA Players’ Association president and Oklahoma City Thunder point guard Chris Paul has been able to get all of his Thunder teammates registered to vote, according to a source. James is pushing his More Than A Vote initiative geared at a national call to vote. Yet, it was said during the meeting that only about 20% of all NBA players are registered to vote. Paul said strongly that every player in the league should be registered to vote before the presidential election in November.

fucking bunch of phonies. the time is now to act. the moment is here. they talk all this shit all the time when nothing is going on about changing things but when the time is paramount they fucking do nothing.

damn cowards is what they are. the only moment important to them is when they cash that paycheck.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:09 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:10 pm 

If a fucking billionaire is the voice of reason then all these assholes need to go back to fucking college and actually attend classes!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Michael Jordan is going to save us all once again even though he doesn't have to. Respect.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:17 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Knows how to close on Zoom too.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:19 pm 

Had to save the league from LeBron. Jordan wins 2020 MVP out of nowhere.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:20 pm 

Worth noting that The Last Dance drew in twice as many eyeballs as any NBA game played in the last twelve months.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Had to save the league from LeBron. Jordan wins 2020 MVP out of nowhere.

Totally wang-whipped him.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:28 pm 

Antarctica wrote:
Worth noting that The Last Dance drew in twice as many eyeballs as any NBA game played in the last twelve months.

Its millions of viewers more on the first run of the documentary, some. Also it's been viewed millions of more times on NetFlix. Likely outdrawing replays of Buck-Magic games. The 1998 Finals were the peak of NBA viewership.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:33 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
I enjoy baseball. I also enjoy being outside on a summer night, and it is something I can do alone. I also watch random Padres, Mariners, and Giants games on TV late at night though MLB.tv. In the winter, I watch Sunday afternoon games from the Australian Baseball League a couple of times a month on Saturday late night, although I do tend to doze off.

Would I rather watch a major league game in person? Sure and pre COVID I averaged 5-6 games a year.

I like Rookie league ball. Sure it's glorified high school ball, which is why MLB wants to get rid of it. But it is only 11 weeks, I can usually catch a couple of high draft choices, I can park next to the stadium, and it's a fun crowd. Part of the allure is trying to identify the one kid who will make it to a major league roster.

In Durham, the Rays use AAA mostly for development, as opposed to some teams who just stash the Trini Hubbards of the world at AAA and keep their best prospects mostly at AA. It was cool to watch Jake Cronenworth and Mike Broussard rake in Durham and then get legit MLB opportunity (Cronenworth was traded to the Padres and has been playing 2B in a platoon with Profar).

I'll tell you what I did enjoy. Cape Cod wood bat summer league. It was many years ago but I don't know if they have it anymore.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
Nardi wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

I love A ball. You get to see the best young talent signed by the respective clubs and think about you will and will not make it.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:40 pm 

Franky T wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

I would rather watch paint dry than watch a WNBA game. Saw the picture of these "women" with white tee shirts on and having seven mock bullet holes in the back of the shirts. Really poignant, right? NOT :!: :!: :!:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:44 pm 

The Hawk wrote:
Franky T wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

I would rather watch paint dry than watch a WNBA game. Saw the picture of these "women" with white tee shirts on and having seven mock bullet holes in the back of the shirts. Really poignant, right? NOT :!: :!: :!:

WNBA is big w the LGBT community.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:46 pm 

Its huge with punters. I dont really understand how because its not like there's a bunch of dumb money betting on the Sky vs Lynx.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:52 pm 

HawaiiYou wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
Franky T wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

Of course it is. I bet those folks just pack the arenas eh? Tens upon tens of these folks will buy popcorn and Pepsi I'll bet, huh? :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:31 am 

The Hawk wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
Franky T wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

Of course it is. I bet those folks just pack the arenas eh? Tens upon tens of these folks will buy popcorn and Pepsi I'll bet, huh? :lol: :lol: :lol:

well it generates them enough money to keep the thing afloat for the last 24 years.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:50 am 

Nardi wrote:

I'll tell you what I did enjoy. Cape Cod wood bat summer league. It was many years ago but I don't know if they have it anymore.

I don't think they had it this summer because of Covid, but the Cape Cod League is the top wood bat league in the country for top college players.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 422 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next