PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:26 pm 

Who ya got?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:30 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
long time guy wrote:
Who ya got?

I take it you think it's close?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:02 am 

Right now obviously Herro. Let see what White looks like after a year away from Boylen. I am fully convinced just about any rookie over the last two seasons would look awful playing in Boylen's system.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:33 am 

conns7901 wrote:
Right now obviously Herro. Let see what White looks like after a year away from Boylen. I am fully convinced just about any rookie over the last two seasons would look awful playing in Boylen's system.

His skill set looks better than Coby's.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:54 am 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Yeah I don’t think they are in the same stratosphere right now.

Only hope White has is not being coached by Boylen next season like Conns said.

Herro landed in the perfect situation for himself.

Dude doesn’t back down for nothing either.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:18 am 

Jbi11s wrote:

Yeah so many NBA players careers are made or ruined by who they get stuck with at the beginning. Obviously it does not matter for the top guys, but most players are somewhere in the middle and need the right coach/system to enhance their strengths and hide their weaknesses. Plus player development.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:41 am 

conns7901 wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

Yeah so many NBA players careers are made or ruined by who they get stuck with at the beginning. Obviously it does not matter for the top guys, but most players are somewhere in the middle and need the right coach/system to enhance their strengths and hide their weaknesses. Plus player development.

I mostly agree but I also think that a kid such as Herro may have been better all along. I don't watch College so my first sighting of him was as an NBA player. Spoelstra is no doubt a better coach but I can't see a guy like White flourishing in that system. He is too undisciplined as a basketball player. Maybe that will change over time but there some things about him that I just don't like.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:10 pm 

long time guy wrote:
conns7901 wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

I mostly agree but I also think that a kid such as Herro may have been better all along. I don't watch College so my first sighting of him was as an NBA player. Spoelstra is no doubt a better coach but I can't see a guy like White flourishing in that system. He is too undisciplined as a basketball player. Maybe that will change over time but there some things about him that I just don't like.

Maybe it is coaching, but I still don't see what White does well. Herro on the other hand has "it". Plus, I'd never heard of his yelling "buckets" after shots until this morning. Jimmy must LOVE that.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:42 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
long time guy wrote:
conns7901 wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

Maybe it is coaching, but I still don't see what White does well. Herro on the other hand has "it". Plus, I'd never heard of his yelling "buckets" after shots until this morning. Jimmy must LOVE that.

I agree about White. Doesn't shoot particularly well. Nor does he handle that well either and his decision making is terrible. Can't see any of that getting better and if it does Herro will have improved too or in theory he should.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Love Herro, been a fan all year, but I'm not putting any stock in any performances any player puts up in the Bubble until/unless they prove they can also do it in packed stadiums with a typical travel schedule and all the distractions that come with daily life. That goes for herro, Murray, Mitchell and anyone else who filled it up in the Bubble.

There has never in the history of the NBA been a set of games and playoffs played in such favorable conditions as this Bubble. Too many people are getting carried away putting too much stock in what happens in the bubble. It disgusts me when media members compare bubble playoff performances to playoff performances from different years. Apples to oranges doesn't even do it justice, its more like apples to shoes.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
That Euro step last night was traveling....

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:03 pm 

I don't love Herro for last night or the season he has had. I love him for sticky it straight up Bucky's ass and heading to Kentucky.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:11 pm 

shakes wrote:
Love Herro, been a fan all year, but I'm not putting any stock in any performances any player puts up in the Bubble until/unless they prove they can also do it in packed stadiums with a typical travel schedule and all the distractions that come with daily life. That goes for herro, Murray, Mitchell and anyone else who filled it up in the Bubble.

There has never in the history of the NBA been a set of games and playoffs played in such favorable conditions as this Bubble. Too many people are getting carried away putting too much stock in what happens in the bubble. It disgusts me when media members compare bubble playoff performances to playoff performances from different years. Apples to oranges doesn't even do it justice, its more like apples to shoes.

True. But the NBA has to love all the attention the newer guys have gotten there. Couple that with the Warriors & KD all returning next year and they should have a helluva year coming up.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:22 pm 

shakes wrote:

Fails to notice that Herro was a better player than White even as he participated outside of the Bubble.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Jbi11s wrote:

I would say right now that Herro looks to be the better player but statistically over the regular season they were very comparable. I realize Herro has been very good in the play-offs which I don't discount but it's also worth noting that Coby finished off the season strong. Pts in Last 9 games: 33, 33, 35, 22, 19, 26, 26, 21, 20 & shot 48% during that run w/4 reb & 4 asst.

Season stats show that Herro is a better 3 pt shooter but he is oddly bad in close. https://stats.nba.com/vs/#!/?PlayerID=1629632&VsPlayerID=1629639&Season=2019-20&SeasonType=Regular%20Season

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:49 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
shakes wrote:

True. But the NBA has to love all the attention the newer guys have gotten there. Couple that with the Warriors & KD all returning next year and they should have a helluva year coming up.

yep, lots of good young players in the league now. If the ones who made huge strides in the bubble continue that level of play outside the bubble the league is in amazing shape next year. That's a big if. Jamaal Murray is shooting almost 48% on 3s in the bubble, but didn't even shoot 35% from 3 this year pre-bubble. Did he suddenly just become a much better shooter? No, he just got to benefit from playing in essentially an empty small gymnasium. Makes a huge difference for elite professionals.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:32 pm 

Herro was improving before the bubble. And drastically so.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:46 pm 

Nardi wrote:

where'd you get that nonsense from? Do you have stats to back that up?

I just checked out his game by game stats and I don't see ANY improvement, let alone a drastic improvement.

Take out his February and march since he only played 3 games total in those months due to injury.

Here are his month by month splits:

January: 11.7 on 39.4% shooting, 39.1% from 3.
December: 12.1 on 38% and 35.9 from 3
November: 14.5 on 45.6% and 43.1 from 3

His other stats mostly went down from December to January.

So, where's this so called drastic improvement? heck, where is any improvement pre-bubble?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:06 pm 

shakes wrote:
Nardi wrote:

I just checked out his game by game stats and I don't see ANY improvement, let alone a drastic improvement.

Take out his February and march since he only played 3 games total in those months due to injury.

So, where's this so called drastic improvement? heck, where is any improvement pre-bubble?

His court awareness, defense and efficiency. Admittedly, eye test. He was just a catch and shoot guy in November. Today, he's a basketball player.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:28 pm 

Nardi wrote:
shakes wrote:
Nardi wrote:

His court awareness, defense and efficiency. Admittedly, eye test. He was just a catch and shoot guy in November. Today, he's a basketball player.

What he's doing today vs what he did pre-bubble is irrelevant since we're discussing your claim that Herro was already improving drastically pre-bubble. As far as I can tell, his efficiency and defense did not improve at all, let alone drastically, pre-bubble. Also, he was always more than a catch and shoot guy, even in November. That was the biggest surprise about him starting in summer league, that he was able to break down guys off the dribble.

So I'll just leave it with my original statement. I'm not putting any stock in Tyler's bubble play until/unless he does it under normal NBA playing conditions. I think that's a completely reasonable way to look at Herro and every other bubble star.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:39 pm 

shakes wrote:
Nardi wrote:
shakes wrote:
Nardi wrote:

What he's doing today vs what he did pre-bubble is irrelevant since we're discussing your claim that Herro was already improving drastically pre-bubble. As far as I can tell, his efficiency and defense did not improve at all, let alone drastically, pre-bubble. Also, he was always more than a catch and shoot guy, even in November. That was the biggest surprise about him starting in summer league, that he was able to break down guys off the dribble.

So I'll just leave it with my original statement. I'm not putting any stock in Tyler's bubble play until/unless he does it under normal NBA playing conditions. I think that's a completely reasonable way to look at Herro and every other bubble star.

Fair enough. I've got nothing but my eyeballs. He's a rookie. His poor games got less poor and his good games got better. I can't prove he was more efficient and more carefree in January than November

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:55 pm 

Hero hasnt shown hes black. Hes quick because hes young and he makes good decisions but i dont think hes gonna get a whole hell of a lot better.