It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 465 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
shakes wrote:
someone's getting warmed up for the post season. Hopefully they are around for more than the play in game(s).

There has been a ton of bumslaying going on in those 20 games Shakes. A great number of teams that were just playing out the string.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2022 9:01 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
The Missing Link wrote:
shakes wrote:
someone's getting warmed up for the post season. Hopefully they are around for more than the play in game(s).

There has been a ton of bumslaying going on in those 20 games Shakes. A great number of teams that were just playing out the string.

yea ok, you are so full of shit that you don't even make an effort to hide how full of shit you are.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2022 9:36 am 

shakes wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
shakes wrote:

yea ok, you are so full of shit that you don't even make an effort to hide how full of shit you are.

I would list all of the teams that helped comprise that 20 game stretch but out of fear of embarrassing you on that I will not.

You know there are a lot of bum ass teams on that list. I knew you'd pull the Trae The Magnificent routine the second he started playing well again. That's why I kept my eye out for all of those games against the OKCs, Wizards, and Detroits of the world. Lots of teams that began making off season travel plans as early as December on that list.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:27 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
shakes wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
shakes wrote:

I would list all of the teams that helped comprise that 20 game stretch but out of fear of embarrassing you on that I will not.

You know there are a lot of bum ass teams on that list. I knew you'd pull the Trae The Magnificent routine the second he started playing well again. That's why I kept my eye out for all of those games against the OKCs, Wizards, and Detroits of the world. Lots of teams that began making off season travel plans as early as December on that list.

:clown:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2022 11:14 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
I threw a dollar on ATL to win the NBA title at +11000. I'm counting on that money.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2022 11:43 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
the Hawks did have a crazy easy schedule to finish. They were dead last in strength of schedule for a while, I was watching the Lakers strength of schedule. Tankathon is a great website for a bunch of stuff.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2022 1:25 pm 

City of Fools wrote:
the Hawks did have a crazy easy schedule to finish. They were dead last in strength of schedule for a while, I was watching the Lakers strength of schedule. Tankathon is a great website for a bunch of stuff.

Yep, Hawks finished with one of the easier schedules, but that doesn't make LTG's post any less idiotic. especially when you factor in taht Trae has been playing great all season. It's not like he only took off vs bad teams. Who, btw, may be bad but are stil lNBA teams and still focused on stopping the one good player ATL has on offense. And in his last 20 he 11 of them were vs playoff teams.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2022 1:36 pm 

shakes wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

Yep, Hawks finished with one of the easier schedules, but that doesn't make LTG's post any less idiotic. especially when you factor in taht Trae has been playing great all season. It's not like he only took off vs bad teams. Who, btw, may be bad but are stil lNBA teams and still focused on stopping the one good player ATL has on offense. And in his last 20 he 11 of them were vs playoff teams.

Those are GLeague Rosters for the most part and when it's all said and done he is currently on a 10th place team despite being healthy damn near all season.

You want to place him the class of All Time Great players then rule No. 1 is to make your team better. Like Chris Paul has done on each and every team he has ever been on. As guys like Tatum (whom you laughingly claimed was "overrated" and nowhere near a 10 player) has done throughout his career. You also though people were "stupid" for thinking Morant was better. Well no one around the NBA cares to have that particular argument now. Morant has left him in the dust and his team record is much better than Trae's from the time he entered the league.

Just like last year "hear they come, those Hawks" are making their push during the period of the year when teams are tanking and resting guys. Just like last year.

They aren't built to do anything great and neither is Trae. Unless you count putting up mediocre numbers on a halfway decent team. And please don't tell me that other players are garbage. They have enough talent to be a 5th -6th seed if he really was all that great.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2022 1:57 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
shakes wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

Those are GLeague Rosters for the most part and when it's all said and done he is currently on a 10th place team despite being healthy damn near all season.

You want to place him the class of All Time Great players then rule No. 1 is to make your team better. Like Chris Paul has done on each and every team he has ever been on. As guys like Tatum (whom you laughingly claimed was "overrated" and nowhere near a 10 player) has done throughout his career. You also though people were "stupid" for thinking Morant was better. Well no one around the NBA cares to have that particular argument now. Morant has left him in the dust and his team record is much better than Trae's from the time he entered the league.

Just like last year "hear they come, those Hawks" are making their push during the period of the year when teams are tanking and resting guys. Just like last year.

They aren't built to do anything great and neither is Trae. Unless you count putting up mediocre numbers on a halfway decent team. And please don't tell me that other players are garbage. They have enough talent to be a 5th -6th seed if he really was all that great.

BS on the G League rosters. Stop lying. Hawks are playing the same NBA teams taht everyone else is playing. Only Gleague roster they faced this year was when they played Indy the same day they traded a bunch of players.

You want to compare team records of Ja and Trae? Be my guest. But, how about comparing their records when they don't play? Hawks are 3-3 wihtout Trae in the lineup. Memphis is 20-4 without Ja.

I REPEAT....MEMPHIS IS 20-4 WITHOUT JA MORANT.

If that was ATL you would be here ALL DAY saying hwo the Hawks are better without Trae. But you are dead silent on Ja on that front.

CP3, Tatum...you got anyone else you want to bring up who plays alongside a fellow all star? They don't do shit without a fellow all star alongside them.

Trae will be looked at as an all time great when it's all said and done, its all but guaranteed at this point. Easily the best PG in the NBA this year. Should make 1st team all NBA, but will probably end ujp on 3rd team because his team sucks.

And on yea, they do suck. Trae is the only player on the Hawks to get better from last year to this year. Everyone else took a step back. Not Trae, he just keeps getting better and better. Top 5 in scoring and assists and doing it on great efficiency. Best offensive player in the NBA with possible exception of Jokic.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2022 2:55 pm 

shakes wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
shakes wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

BS on the G League rosters. Stop lying. Hawks are playing the same NBA teams taht everyone else is playing. Only Gleague roster they faced this year was when they played Indy the same day they traded a bunch of players.

You want to compare team records of Ja and Trae? Be my guest. But, how about comparing their records when they don't play? Hawks are 3-3 wihtout Trae in the lineup. Memphis is 20-4 without Ja.

If that was ATL you would be here ALL DAY saying hwo the Hawks are better without Trae. But you are dead silent on Ja on that front.

CP3, Tatum...you got anyone else you want to bring up who plays alongside a fellow all star? They don't do shit without a fellow all star alongside them.

Trae will be looked at as an all time great when it's all said and done, its all but guaranteed at this point. Easily the best PG in the NBA this year. Should make 1st team all NBA, but will probably end ujp on 3rd team because his team sucks.

And on yea, they do suck. Trae is the only player on the Hawks to get better from last year to this year. Everyone else took a step back. Not Trae, he just keeps getting better and better. Top 5 in scoring and assists and doing it on great efficiency. Best offensive player in the NBA with possible exception of Jokic.

Probably need to just stop at Chris Paul. His 1st year in the league his team's record improved by 20 games. With no All Stars. By year 3 his was Team 30 games over .500. in the tough ass Western Conference

Trae has been in the league 4 years now and never has accomplished either. Nor come close to accomplishing either.

Oh yeah Atlanta is 4 games over with "Ice Cold Trae" and 3-3 without him. Some difference maker.

If that roster is so shitty (as you keep claiming) then shouldn't they be 0-6 in games he doesn't play? Or 1-5? Just Asking a question

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Last edited by The Missing Link on Fri Apr 08, 2022 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2022 3:00 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
shakes wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
shakes wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

Probably need to just stop at Chris Paul. His 1st year in the league his team's record improved by 20 games. With no All Stars. By year 3 his Team 30 games over .500.

Trae has been in the league 4 years now and never has accomplished either. Nor come close to accomplishing either.

Trae joined a tanking team that continued to tank for another couple years. Then all he did was lead them to the ECF, something CP3 didn't accomplish until he was a 13 year vet. And Trae has so far been a MUCH better playoff performer than CP3.

talk to me when CP3 comes close to accomplishing in his first 4 years what Trae has accomplished so far in his first 4 years.

you're a massive :clown:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2022 3:07 pm 

shakes wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
shakes wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
shakes wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

Probably need to just stop at Chris Paul. His 1st year in the league his team's record improved by 20 games. With no All Stars. By year 3 his Team 30 games over .500.

Trae joined a tanking team that continued to tank for another couple years. Then all he did was lead them to the ECF, something CP3 didn't accomplish until he was a 13 year vet. And Trae has so far been a MUCH better playoff performer than CP3.

talk to me when CP3 comes close to accomplishing in his first 4 years what Trae has accomplished so far in his first 4 years.

you're a massive :clown:

You're an idiot. Only an idiot would put Trae Young in the same conversation as Chris Paul.
Trae Young has only been to the playoffs once in his entire career and yet he has been a "much better performer :lol: :lol:

Hey Shakes just 2 years ago Chris Paul was supposed to be on a team that was "tanking" in OKC and still led them to a 5th seed in a tough ass Western Conf. Again you sound like an idiot trying to place this stat padding loser in the class of an All Time great

And by the way which All Stars were on OKC's team that season you chronic excuse maker?

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 6:26 pm 

No words necessary for the first player in history to do this in the NCAA and then the NBA. Truly amazing.

Last edited by shakes on Sun Apr 10, 2022 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 6:27 pm 

shakes wrote:
No words necessary.

And still won't scratch top 10 in League MVP voting.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:04 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
The Missing Link wrote:
shakes wrote:
No words necessary.

He might. It's an impressive stat for a 23 yr old in the Eastern Conference.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:08 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Looter in a Riot

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:21 pm 

Nardi wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
shakes wrote:
No words necessary.

If he were all that great his team's record would be better. He has to win 2 play in games just to make the playoffs. And there isn't anyone that believes that the talent on Charlotte is better than Atlanta's. This and yet they have identical records.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:22 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Looter in a Riot

It's up in the air whether he can be court savvy, show leadership, and just play basic defense, but even if that doesn't happen, he's still a perennial all star. He'll just be another LTG favorite, Carmelo Anthony.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:24 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
Nardi wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
shakes wrote:
No words necessary.

If he were all that great his team's record would be better. He has to win 2 play in games just to make the playoffs. And there isn't anyone that believes that the talent on Charlotte is better than Atlanta's. This and yet they have identical records.

His teammates all regressed. Some of that blame can go to the 23 yr old, I agree.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:27 pm 

Nardi wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Looter in a Riot

It's up in the air whether he can be court savvy, show leadership, and just play basic defense, but even if that doesn't happen, he's still a perennial all star. He'll just be another LTG favorite, Carmelo Anthony.

Nah. Melo's teams made the playoffs his first 9 years in the league. Trae's will miss 3 out of his first 4 years.

And Melo took covers. Gutless Trae never does. Today he was checking the immortal Gabe Matthews who? Just so that he wouldn't have to guard Jalen Green or Kevin Porter Jr.

And while that idiot Shakes loves to place him in the class of guys like Chris Paul, Chris Paul was an all league defender for a great number of years. Trae Young will never be more than a bull fighter on defense.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:42 pm 

Nardi wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Looter in a Riot

Also "it's not really up in the air" as to whether he can play defense. He stinks and always will stink as a defender. Perennial all star will not be a shoe in either. Not with guys like Garland and Lamelo Ball in the Conference. Kyrie is still young and when he wants to lace them up he is still better than Trae.

And his shitty defense has to be factored into any evaluation of him. He is the living, breathing embodiment of "all offense, no d".

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:45 pm 

I'm happy to hear about all the 23 yr and unders that are better. Luka and Ja. No argument there. Garland isn't better. That argument would have to be in the long run.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:50 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Looter in a Riot

Also "it's not really up in the air" as to whether he can play defense. He stinks and always will stink as a defender. Perennial all star will not be a shoe in either. Not with guys like Garland and Lamelo Ball in the Conference. Kyrie is still young and when he wants to lace them up he is still better than Trae.

And his shitty defense has to be factored into any evaluation of him. He is the living, breathing embodiment of "all offense, no d".

your guy Pat Beverly says defense is "all will". I'm not willing to impugn Trae's character just yet, despite his AllWorld status of being total garbage at that end.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:09 pm 

Nardi wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Looter in a Riot

your guy Pat Beverly says defense is "all will". I'm not willing to impugn Trae's character just yet, despite his AllWorld status of being total garbage at that end.

After 4 years in the die is cast. He sucks and will always suck as a defensive player. Any evaluation (which Shakes never references coincidentally) of him as a player has to factor that in.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
The Missing Link wrote:
Nardi wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Looter in a Riot

After 4 years in the die is cast. He sucks and will always suck as a defensive player. Any evaluation (which Shakes never references coincidentally) of him as a player has to factor that in.

How do you view Carmelo Anthony as a defensive player?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:21 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nardi wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Looter in a Riot

How do you view Carmelo Anthony as a defensive player?

Adequate and much better than Trae. Carmelo at least guarded his position which says a lot and he was nowhere near as bad as this kid before his knees gave out.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:44 pm 

One of a kind.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:09 pm 

Looks like he's farting red smoke

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 1:56 pm 

wasn't that long ago that the dummies in this thread were calling Trae a low % chucker. Where Vaccinated Bob now?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 1:58 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
38.2% is not a good 3 Point %, it's mediocre, dumbass.
:lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 465 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next