It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 229 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
This series deserves its own thread.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
I know this thread is about the next round, for the rest of tonight I'm celebrating. Being the world's biggest Trae stan and having to listen to all the haters and doubters over the years, tonight feels extra special.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
shakes wrote:
I know this thread is about the next round, for the rest of tonight I'm celebrating. Being the world's biggest Trae stan and having to listen to all the haters and doubters over the years, tonight feels extra special.

You're a legit fucking weirdo. Obsessed with a team not from your own city and groveling at this dude's nuts. You remind me of the pic Douchebag use to post of all the white guys in suits and ties getting pumped up in the front row of a Bulls game.

You're a fat middle aged lawyer who made n*gger jokes with your friends until a few years ago. See right through you.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Hockey Gay wrote:

You're a legit fucking weirdo. Obsessed with a team not from your own city and groveling at this dude's nuts. You remind me of the pic Douchebag use to post of all the white guys in suits and ties getting pumped up in the front row of a Bulls game.

You're a fat middle aged lawyer who made n*gger jokes with your friends until a few years ago. See right through you.

The return of the king.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
The Missing Link wrote:
This series deserves its own thread.

Oh for fuck sake, it does not. Brooklyn is going to steamroll either one of these teams. Philly in 5.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:16 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Brooklyn won't even be there.

I'm praying for a Bucks win.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:45 am 

Hockey Gay wrote:
You're a legit fucking weirdo. Obsessed with a team not from your own city and groveling at this dude's nuts.

well it's only logical since his last obsession only a few years ago was with Balls.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:23 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Nas wrote:

Nets are toast
Fuck fake ass Brooklyn and their fake ass fans

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:32 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Hockey Gay wrote:
shakes wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:55 am 

Nas wrote:

MY GUY!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:37 pm 

From another poster on a different board....

Hawks +13.3 with Trae on court per 100 possessions
Hawks -4.4 with Trae off court per 100 possessions
+17.7 NET On-off

Knicks never outscored the Hawks with Trae on court.

+0, +5, +9, +17, +16 in games 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 respectively

Hawks’ defense 3.0 points per 100 possessions better with Trae off court, but Trae wasn’t a defensive liability in this series at all.

+9.1 BPM which is all-time great type numbers for a rookie debut though it’s been only one series. I think this number will come down but will still be around at least +7 after the Sixers series which is very winnable now with the Embiid situation. Can Young be the best player on a title team with the hyper talented league currently? I don’t know, probably not likely, but the way he’s controlling the games is incredible. +9 BPM in the playoffs is crazy good.

Rookie playoff debuts BPMs for comparison (not saying he will be among these players nor that all situations are equal, i.e., teams played, roles, etc., but showing how rare a +9 BPM is for a rookie)

Kareem: BPM not available but likely +9 to +10, lost EDF 1-4
Wilt: BPM not available but likely +9 to +10, lost EDF 2-4
Jordan, +9.5 over 4 games, lost 1st round series 1-3
Magic, +8.0 over 16 games, won Finals
LeBron, +7.5 over 13 games, lost second round series 3-4
Dirk, +6.3 over 10 games, lost second round series 1-4
Barkley, +4.4 over 13 games, lost ECF 1-4
Bird, +4.3 over 9 games, lost ECF 1-4
Duncan, +3.8 over 9 games, lost in second round, 1-4
Hakeem, +3.8 over 5 games, lost in first round 2-3
Shaq, +2.2 over 3 games, swept in first round
Durant, +2.1 over 6 games, lost in the first round 2-3
KG, +1.2 over 3 games, swept in first round

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Hawks in 6

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:58 pm 

shakes wrote:

+17.7 NET On-off

Hawks’ defense 3.0 points per 100 possessions better with Trae off court, but Trae wasn’t a defensive liability in this series at all.

+9.1 BPM which is all-time great type numbers for a rookie debut though it’s been only one series. I think this number will come down but will still be around at least +7 after the Sixers series which is very winnable now with the Embiid situation. Can Young be the best player on a title team with the hyper talented league currently? I don’t know, probably not likely, but the way he’s controlling the games is incredible. +9 BPM in the playoffs is crazy good.

Rookie playoff debuts BPMs for comparison (not saying he will be among these players nor that all situations are equal, i.e., teams played, roles, etc., but showing how rare a +9 BPM is for a rookie)

Trae's supporting cast is a lot better than you give them credit for. Numbers compiled against teams that stink are meaningless. Lets see what he does against a legitimate playoff team. You might want to get those excuses ready

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:00 pm 

Bagels wrote:
Hawks in 6

Philly takes them with or without Embiid. Book it!

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:20 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
shakes wrote:

+17.7 NET On-off

Trae's supporting cast is a lot better than you give them credit for. Numbers compiled against teams that stink are meaningless. Lets see what he does against a legitimate playoff team. You might want to get those excuses ready

they just played a legitimate playoff team, one who was the overwhelming favorite to win by the media. And I think Trae did quite well in that series, don't you?

Trae definitely has a nice supporting cast now, but as you can see from the numbers they completely fall apart when Trae isn't out there with them. So maybe that supporting cast isn't as good as you think?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:28 pm 

shakes wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
shakes wrote:

+17.7 NET On-off

they just played a legitimate playoff team, one who was the overwhelming favorite to win by the media. And I think Trae did quite well in that series, don't you?

Trae definitely has a nice supporting cast now, but as you can see from the numbers they completely fall apart when Trae isn't out there with them. So maybe that supporting cast isn't as good as you think?

Thibs probably played his starters against Atlanta's bench guys. Atlanta's talent was better than the Knicks. The East is pretty crappy once you get past the top 3 teams. The dropoff is fairly steep. I forgot Bullock was even in the league and Taj sucks. They both were starters this series.

We will see what he does against a legitimate team with a good defense. If he kills the fight is over for me. Right now I have him top 10 PG and that is about it.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:37 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
shakes wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
shakes wrote:

+17.7 NET On-off

Thibs probably played his starters against Atlanta's bench guys. Atlanta's talent was better than the Knicks. The East is pretty crappy once you get past the top 3 teams. The dropoff is fairly steep. I forgot Bullock was even in the league and Taj sucks. They both were starters this series.

We will see what he does against a legitimate team with a good defense. If he kills the fight is over for me. Right now I have him top 10 PG and that is about it.

He just played against a legitimate team with the top rated defense in the league. And he did it all in legendary fashion as the lower seed on the road.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:53 pm 

On one hand, he fucked 'em up pretty good, on the other, Knicks are objectively pisspoor. So yeah, the next series will define Trae Young a little better. He should just stop chucking up the 35 footers. He hits 1 out 6 or 7 of them. That 34% would be closer to 40%

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:14 pm 

Nardi wrote:
On one hand, he fucked 'em up pretty good, on the other, Knicks are objectively pisspoor. So yeah, the next series will define Trae Young a little better. He should just stop chucking up the 35 footers. He hits 1 out 6 or 7 of them. That 34% would be closer to 40%

For years you complained about the Hawks lack of defense. Now we have a playoff series where the Hawks played great defense and stymied the opposition, but do you praise them and their defense? No you turn around and say the opponent was "objectively pisspoor".

Alanis Morrisette could write a verse just about you.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:32 pm 

Frankly, this should have been a sweep and Atlanta should have had them blown out by the 2nd quarter last night. The fucking Bulls are just as good as the Knicks.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:50 pm 

Nardi wrote:
Frankly, this should have been a sweep and Atlanta should have had them blown out by the 2nd quarter last night. The fucking Bulls are just as good as the Knicks.

NBA best records since March 1:

Phoenix: 19-7
Atlanta: 18-7
Denver: 18-7
Philly: 17-8
Knicks: 17-8

Bulls 12-15

you're sounding dumber than some of the regular dummies in this thread.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:08 pm 

shakes wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Bulls 12-15

I have a TV. The Knicks were like ...yikes. They had like one good half the whole series. You want to put that on Atlanta's D, that's your prerogative.
It wouldn't surprise me if the Hawks got by Philly. They have waves of talent to throw at them. And it starts with the guy who's a premier passer who can get in the lane anytime he wants.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:18 pm 

Nardi wrote:
shakes wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Bulls 12-15

I have a TV. The Knicks were like ...yikes. They had like one good half the whole series. You want to put that on Atlanta's D, that's your prerogative.
It wouldn't surprise me if the Hawks got by Philly. They have waves of talent to throw at them. And it starts with the guy who's a premier passer who can get in the lane anytime he wants.

Doc is going to do the same thing to him that he did with the immortal Ish Smith last night. Exploit the mismatches defensively. Put him in a screen roll and wear him out with the mismatch. Philly is far superior team defensively than the Knicks also. They have all world defenders. Don't be surprised if Ice Cold Trae shoots under 40% for series. This is a different type of party here.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:21 pm 

shakes wrote:
Nardi wrote:

For years you complained about the Hawks lack of defense. Now we have a playoff series where the Hawks played great defense and stymied the opposition, but do you praise them and their defense? No you turn around and say the opponent was "objectively pisspoor".

Alanis Morrisette could write a verse just about you.

The Knicks are a terrible offensive team and they have one of the worst offensive coaches in the league coaching them on the bench as well. Iso Randle all series long. With all of the firepower of his last Bulls team didn't they manage to score a measly 73 points per game in the Final 2 games of the series against Cleveland? or am I wrong?

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:23 pm 

shakes wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
shakes wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
shakes wrote:

+17.7 NET On-off

He just played against a legitimate team with the top rated defense in the league. And he did it all in legendary fashion as the lower seed on the road.

You know the Knicks aren't legitimate. On another note weren't you one of the early Tatum detractors Shakes? Or am I wrong?

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:08 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
shakes wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
shakes wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
shakes wrote:

+17.7 NET On-off

You know the Knicks aren't legitimate. On another note weren't you one of the early Tatum detractors Shakes? Or am I wrong?

nope, always liked Tatum. But i also liked Ball, Fultz and Josh Jackson and thought any one of them could end up the best player so I didn't do great overall with that draft.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:32 pm 

OUR Atlanta Hawks get to play 5 games free and easy with nothing to lose.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Screw all the Simmons apologists. If you don't work on your shot then you're not a committed player. That's it.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:44 pm 

Philly is shitting the bed and Trae has been spectacular. Doc will have switch Simmons over to him in Game 2. Either him or Thybulle no more Green

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Ice trAe !!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 229 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next