It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:01 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:11 am 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
Nardi wrote:
Steph Curry, welcome to the White Supremacy Club.

It really is the "White Supremacist" club if you believe that the term "Low Income Residents" is somehow synonymous with being "black". As Brogue clearly does.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:51 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Not at all. Im just wondering why a guy and his wife who are all about social justice are opposed to having low income housing in their neighborhood citing safety as the reason. Are people who live in low income housing dangerous?? because thats certainly what he's implying. Doesnt seem very social justicy to me.

“As Atherton residents… we have been following along with the housing element updates with special interest in the 23 Oakwood property,” the letter states. We hesitate to add the “not in our backyard” (literally) rhetoric, but we wanted to send a note before today’s meeting. Safety and privacy for us and our kids continues to be our top priority and one of the biggest reasons we chose Atherton as our home.”

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
badrogue17 wrote:
Not at all. Im just wondering why a guy and his wife who are all about social justice are opposed to having low income housing in their neighborhood citing safety as the reason. Are people who live in low income housing dangerous?? because thats certainly what he's implying. Doesnt seem very social justicy to me.

“As Atherton residents… we have been following along with the housing element updates with special interest in the 23 Oakwood property,” the letter states. We hesitate to add the “not in our backyard” (literally) rhetoric, but we wanted to send a note before today’s meeting. Safety and privacy for us and our kids continues to be our top priority and one of the biggest reasons we chose Atherton as our home.”

His position is definitely hypocritical. Like MANY in his position (and quite a few with much less than he has) holding similar "views"

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:32 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
The Missing Link wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

His position is definitely hypocritical. Like MANY in his position (and quite a few with much less than he has) holding similar "views"

Yep! I believe Chappelle did something similar recently.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Chapelle threatened to pull his whole business from a town.

He literally did an “I’m a taxpayer…” bit.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:03 pm 

I wish he had gone all in and said "If you want a poor person living by you then why not rent a room for $250 a month?" argument.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
but what does Steve Kerr think?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 5:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
There has to be more to the story. Curry was friends with Nipsey Hussle who would not be associated with someone who would shun and build fences to avoid and turn their back on the less fortunate. Probably people are not getting the whole story here.

What's going on with Bob Myers? Warriors owners being cheap again. They cheaped out on Chelsea Lane and she bolted for Atlanta and the next season after Lane's departure as Warriors head trainer was when KD and Klay had their major injuries. If I'm the Lakers, I send that Rob Lowe looking dude packing and pay whatever Myers' wants. If Curry were to leave Golden State, it would likely be for whatever team hires Myers as their GM / head of basketball ops. Even if you don't get Curry, Myers seems like he knows how to GM proper. Although ya gotta question why they didn't trade the Wiseman pick. That was Jordan Love level bad GMing. But otherwise Myers moves have been solid to exceptional (flipping d'angelo russell for wiggins).

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:02 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Nas wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

Yep! I believe Chappelle did something similar recently.

Yeah...I listened to the Chappelle statement and tried really hard to give him the benefit of the doubt, but no....he was absolutely parsing words and giving it the old NIMBY.

This doesn't appear to be any different. Steph curry, who you crappin'!

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:17 am 

I don’t understand why rich people don’t see these problems coming and buy up the land first. Steph Curry makes like $50m a year and is presumably well connected. How much would it have cost him to buy whatever was there before a developer jumped in?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:48 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
I don’t understand why rich people don’t see these problems coming and buy up the land first. Steph Curry makes like $50m a year and is presumably well connected. How much would it have cost him to buy whatever was there before a developer jumped in?

Im guessing its because he lives in literally the wealthiest zip code in the country and figured anyone who could afford to live their in the future wouldnt be someone whom he felt would be a threat to the safety of his kids.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:49 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
"We want you to come to our games/shows, buy our merchandise, and be rabid fans, but we don't want you to live near us. You're poor! Don't worry, I'll put a dollar in your cup and advocate for you to have rights...away from me."

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:16 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
This Ends in Antioch wrote:

Im guessing its because he lives in literally the wealthiest zip code in the country and figured anyone who could afford to live their in the future wouldnt be someone whom he felt would be a threat to the safety of his kids.

What a dummy. The whole point of being rich is to buy up space to steadily push everybody else away from you.

It’s the American dream.