It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:53 am 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
Paul George has quietly been having a helluva run during the postseason. Big FU to all of the critics.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:14 am 

pizza_Place: DATYYy
This is how sports works.

If he is instrumental in winning a ring and shows up big when the claw is out or diminished, then all previous shortcomings and indiscretions will be forgotten.

It’s really that simple.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:19 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Crick Ramp wrote:
This is how sports works.

If he is instrumental in winning a ring and shows up big when the claw is out or diminished, then all previous shortcomings and indiscretions will be forgotten.

It’s really that simple.

I gave LeBron a break after his first loss to the Warriors. Other than Game 6 at Boston, I've never seen him play better. He almost willed that team to a title.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:20 am 
100000 CLUB

The Missing Link wrote:
Paul George has quietly been having a helluva run during the postseason. Big FU to all of the critics.

Without the explosion from Mann the Clippers are probably getting ready to go fishing.

*I don't like Paul George

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:53 am 

Nas wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

Without the explosion from Mann the Clippers are probably getting ready to go fishing.

I've never been much of a fan either(I think he's gutless), but the newfound fanboys on the Clippers bandwagon have led me to pull really hard for the Suns.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:44 pm 

Nas wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

They were up 3-2

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:47 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
Nas wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

I've never been much of a fan either(I think he's gutless), but the newfound fanboys on the Clippers bandwagon have led me to pull really hard for the Suns.

I think he gets a bad rap. He was easily the best player on a Pacers team that took the Heat to 7 games in the Conference Finals.

I think Lue has figured out how to use him where Doc did not.

In the West Finals I like both squads. I'm just glad the Lakers were bounced and bounced early.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
People who give themselves a nickname are douchebags without exception.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Passero's
Nas wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

nice!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Passero's
The Missing Link wrote:

I think he gets a bad rap. He was easily the best player on a Pacers team that took the Heat to 7 games in the Conference Finals.

This is exactly the point. The best player on an otherwise hard hat lunch pail team.

You woulda thought by teaming up with other stars he'd be winnin' more.

Instead, he always looks confused and dumbfounded and finds a way to lose.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:11 am 

pizza_Place: Obbies
The P is for pathetic....book it

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:50 pm 

Never let the facts get into a Willy Nilly Walt Narrative I suppose.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:08 pm 

Walt Williams Neck wrote:

Paul George's playoff stats this season

26.4 ppg

10 rebounds per game

6 assists per game.

:lol: :lol:
https://www.nba.com/stats/player/202331/

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:25 pm 

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:45 pm 

Hey Great! Walt quotes a stat which places PG13 in the company of Hall of Famers and somehow thinks it serves as an indictment of him :lol: :lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:23 pm 

If PG13 is "pathetic" then I wonder what this guy's idea of great happens to be? I already know. Jimmy Buckets :lol: :lol:

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nba/new ... t40vu7fbnr

Quote:
Paul George is the first player in NBA history to have at least 40 points, 13 rebounds and six assists while shooting at least 75% from the field in a postseason game, according to Elias Sports Bureau

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:37 pm 
100000 CLUB

He put in work in the 2nd half last night. The Suns came out and played like the Clippers were going to lay down.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:48 pm 

Nas wrote:
He put in work in the 2nd half last night. The Suns came out and played like the Clippers were going to lay down.

He has dropped 20 or better in every game this post season. He has had a couple of bad moments but for the most he has been getting it done.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:08 pm 
100000 CLUB

The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:

He has dropped 20 or better in every game this post season. He has had a couple of bad moments but for the most he has been getting it done.

Last night he delivered in a major way, but he has different expectations as a superstar player. What he does when the game is on the line matters more than his box score. Similar to Giannis. Giannis pretty much puts up 30 and 12 every night. He also makes a lot of dumb decisions at key moments. If Middleton doesn't explode the other night, they lose even with a hobbled Young.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:55 pm 

Nas wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:

Last night he delivered in a major way, but he has different expectations as a superstar player. What he does when the game is on the line matters more than his box score. Similar to Giannis. Giannis pretty much puts up 30 and 12 every night. He also makes a lot of dumb decisions at key moments. If Middleton doesn't explode the other night, they lose even with a hobbled Young.

I will always give him props for taking a shiity ass Indiana team with Lance "Make Her Dance" Stephenson (ew was he garbage) as the team's 2nd best player to the ECF as a 22 year old. Not only that but they took the Vaunted Heat to 7 in the same series and more importantly he locked up with LeBron while doing it.

We can debate whether he is a superstar or not. I don't know if he is or not but the guy has game and I'd much rather have him on my squad than not if given the choice.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:35 pm 
100000 CLUB

The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:

I will always give him props for taking a shiity ass Indiana team with Lance "Make Her Dance" Stephenson (ew was he garbage) as the team's 2nd best player to the ECF as a 22 year old. Not only that but they took the Vaunted Heat to 7 in the same series and more importantly he locked up with LeBron while doing it.

We can debate whether he is a superstar or not. I don't know if he is or not but the guy has game and I'd much rather have him on my squad than not if given the choice.

When he "arrived" I think most people thought he was going to be competing with LeBron for the best player crown. Not sure if it was his injury or his game just plateaued but he never got there.

I think he is a superstar, but he lost me as a fan after his time in OKC. His attitude rubbed me the wrong way and he started disappearing. That being said, I obviously would still love if the Bulls had him.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:43 pm 

Nas wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:

When he "arrived" I think most people thought he was going to be competing with LeBron for the best player crown. Not sure if it was his injury or his game just plateaued but he never got there.

I think he is a superstar, but he lost me as a fan after his time in OKC. His attitude rubbed me the wrong way and he started disappearing. That being said, I obviously would still love if the Bulls had him.

It's hard to play with Westbrook. I have come to realize that. I even gave him props for not throwing Westbrook under the bus. I know MANY that would have.

If he takes them to the Finals he completely redeems himself and if he doesn't he somewhat redeems himself.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:53 pm 

He's already redeemed himself in my eyes. He's a #2 that stepped up when most doubted him.

But I still don't like him.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:16 pm 

we shall see

I'm out.