It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 6:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 288 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Post subject: Re: NBA Finals
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
FavreFan wrote:
Unless Lillard publicly calls for a trade I’m not even considering one if I’m Portland. And if Dame does ask for a trade I think I’d still ask for Ben Simmons + picks/pieces from Philly over Ayton. If the Suns offered Ayton, Bridges, and a pick or two it’s a different conversation

So you'd rather build around Simmons than Ayton?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:18 pm 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
As much as I dislike Lebron, I’m not ready to rule him out when paired with a guy like AD on the right side of 30.

LeBron is turning 37 in 5 months.

I can't believe I typed that.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
shakes wrote:
Kawhi isn’t guaranteed to be injured. AD isn’t guaranteed to be injured. Donovan Mitchell isn’t guaranteed to be injured. Dallas likely takes another step forward. Who knows what happens in Denver next year…

Everything had to beak the right way for the Suns to lose 4-2 to the 2nd best team in the East.

Kawhi just tore his ACL and had surgery. He is literally guaranteed to be injured next year.

Fwiw, I read yesterday that his recovery timeline would put him back Jan/Feb next year.

He doesn’t seem like the type to hurry back, but I don’t think he’s out during next year’s playoffs.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Ron Wolfley wrote:
As much as I dislike Lebron, I’m not ready to rule him out when paired with a guy like AD on the right side of 30.

LeBron is turning 37 in 5 months.

I can't believe I typed that.

So am I and vanity compels me to think he’s at the peak of his powers.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Ron Wolfley wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Unless Lillard publicly calls for a trade I’m not even considering one if I’m Portland. And if Dame does ask for a trade I think I’d still ask for Ben Simmons + picks/pieces from Philly over Ayton. If the Suns offered Ayton, Bridges, and a pick or two it’s a different conversation

Yes. I also think you can get more included with Simmons than you can with Ayton in a return

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
Ron Wolfley wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:
Great fucking series. Disappointing for the city of Phoenix, especially being up 2-0. I think it took Giannis those two games to get back into rhythm. The Suns could have used another big man in this series, somebody like Taj Gibson would've been fun.

Ayton played scared last night. In my meatball sports fan voice, he played like a pussy. He honestly played like that most of the series. I'm dumbfounded how he's gone away from shooting jumpers (something he was really great at in college and in his first couple NBA seasons). It was strictly alley-oops and rebounds this season. He lacks confidence. You see it every time he receives the ball in the post. Hopefully he figures it out like Embiid.

Booker played scared last night as well. He was blocked so many times when driving to the hoop this series, he had some PTSD hesitating and pump-faking throughout Game 6.

Chris Paul needs to walk. He was terrific this season but he's never healthy in the playoffs. I don't question his toughness but I do question his assertiveness. The Lakers can have him. No way I'd devote $33 million worth of cap space to him, not even for 1 season.

Draft a point guard, sign a point guard, trade Ayton for Lillard, I don't give a damn.

The Best Chance that they have of making any noise next year is to keep the team intact and add one or two complimentary pieces to it.

They lost last night because outside of Ayton they
had no one capable of slowing Giannis down. They were simply too small up front.

He relentlessly attacked the rim because he knew that there was no rim protection outside of Ayton. And Ayton didn't do a good job of defending last night either.

You can't break it because you'd never get close to equal value for Paul. Hopefully he has one more elite level year in him. They can find a rim protecting big to back up Ayton and maybe a guy to back up or replace Crowder and they will be all good.

The best thing they can do is run that thing back for one more year.

Yessir. One backup big man and a backup point guard. If Paul opts out and goes elsewhere, they'll have a little over $30 million.

Paul has demonstrated that he is the key to the whole thing. Both in the regular season and post season. They didn't lose last night because of him. Nor game 5 either. They couldn't contain Giannis.

And for what it's worth Ayton looks to be a future All Star. I would roll with him any day

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:11 pm 

lebron is on the back 9. obviously not the same player he used to be, but still a headache to guard and he can still block shots.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:15 pm 

the back 9? LOL. He's not gonna play til he's 50. He's on the 17th hole

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Passero's
Parade in Milwaukee tomorrow.

Already?

Cant they give it a couple more days to sink in? Maybe let people arrange a damn day off to go there?

Why they gotta do it right away?

Anyway. 11AM. Anybody goin'?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:33 am 

whistler wrote:
Parade in Milwaukee tomorrow.

Already?

Cant they give it a couple more days to sink in? Maybe let people arrange a damn day off to go there?

Why they gotta do it right away?

Anyway. 11AM. Anybody goin'?

Probably because the players are ready to head to their home towns and 2 of the players will be in Tokyo by Saturday night.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:38 am 

FavreFan wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Yes. I also think you can get more included with Simmons than you can with Ayton in a return

Because Simmons is worth less than Ayton at the moment? Or the Sixers are willing to part with more pieces than the Suns? Little bit of both?

Would you rather have Seth Curry or Cam Payne?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:51 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:
Great fucking series. Disappointing for the city of Phoenix, especially being up 2-0. I think it took Giannis those two games to get back into rhythm. The Suns could have used another big man in this series, somebody like Taj Gibson would've been fun.

Ayton played scared last night. In my meatball sports fan voice, he played like a pussy. He honestly played like that most of the series. I'm dumbfounded how he's gone away from shooting jumpers (something he was really great at in college and in his first couple NBA seasons). It was strictly alley-oops and rebounds this season. He lacks confidence. You see it every time he receives the ball in the post. Hopefully he figures it out like Embiid.

Booker played scared last night as well. He was blocked so many times when driving to the hoop this series, he had some PTSD hesitating and pump-faking throughout Game 6.

Chris Paul needs to walk. He was terrific this season but he's never healthy in the playoffs. I don't question his toughness but I do question his assertiveness. The Lakers can have him. No way I'd devote $33 million worth of cap space to him, not even for 1 season.

Draft a point guard, sign a point guard, trade Ayton for Lillard, I don't give a damn.

The Best Chance that they have of making any noise next year is to keep the team intact and add one or two complimentary pieces to it.

had no one capable of slowing Giannis down. They were simply too small up front.

He relentlessly attacked the rim because he knew that there was no rim protection outside of Ayton. And Ayton didn't do a good job of defending last night either.

You can't break it because you'd never get close to equal value for Paul. Hopefully he has one more elite level year in him. They can find a rim protecting big to back up Ayton and maybe a guy to back up or replace Crowder and they will be all good.

Yessir. One backup big man and a backup point guard. If Paul opts out and goes elsewhere, they'll have a little over $30 million.

Paul has demonstrated that he is the key to the whole thing. Both in the regular season and post season. They didn't lose last night because of him. Nor game 5 either. They couldn't contain Giannis.

And for what it's worth Ayton looks to be a future All Star. I would roll with him any day

The Suns didn't lose because of Paul Tuesday night. But they certainly lost because of his lack of assertiveness in Games 3, 4, and 5. There were plenty of moments during those games where he needed to more aggressive -- more recently in the 4th quarter of Game 5 when Ayton was in foul trouble on the bench. Paul's assertiveness has been questioned plenty of times while he was with the Clippers and Rockets so it's not anything new.

He's a really great player and a great person. It was a lot of fun to watch him lead the Suns this season. He's not the key to the whole thing though. A great point guard is the key. And I don't wish to pay a 36 year old $100 million over the next 3 seasons.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:13 am 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
Ron Wolfley wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:

The Suns didn't lose because of Paul Tuesday night. But they certainly lost because of his lack of assertiveness in Games 3, 4, and 5. There were plenty of moments during those games where he needed to more aggressive -- more recently in the 4th quarter of Game 5 when Ayton was in foul trouble on the bench. Paul's assertiveness has been questioned plenty of times while he was with the Clippers and Rockets so it's not anything new.

He's a really great player and a great person. It was a lot of fun to watch him lead the Suns this season. He's not the key to the whole thing though. A great point guard is the key. And I don't wish to pay a 36 year old $100 million over the next 3 seasons.

He was in the top 5 in MVP voting this year. He took a team that had missed the playoffs the previous 10 years to the NBA Finals. He didn't do it by himself naturally as he had help. But he was definitely the key. He stepped up big time in each of the previous 3 series to seal the deal. As a 36 year old player he is ineligible for anything more than a two year deal. That was part of the last CBA.

If you let him walk for nothing then you take a considerable step back. The reason that Phoenix was able to make such a huge jump was that they were able to trade for Paul (because of his age and contract) for virtually nothing. In order to trade for a player of his caliber they would have to give up considerably more.

Their best hope is to pay him for two years with the hope that they can squeeze at least one more great season out of him. Add a few complimentary pieces around him and make another go of it. Hopefully Ayton makes a jump next season (highly likely) as well.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Powerhouse233 wrote:
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Powerhouse233 wrote:
Absolutely legendary performance by Giannis, one of the greatest performances in basketball history.

Is he the first non-American-born player ever to be the best player in the world?

I never saw Sabonis in his prime against real competition but I think Giannis is.

Olajuwon was the best player in the world in 1994 when Jordan was playing baseball.

That's a good one but I'd still say Shaq or David Robinson was the better individual player during those years.

Hakeem was the best player in the NBA for two seasons. I fully believe the Bulls would have lost to the Rockets after they beat the Suns in 93. The Rockets second title, the team was actually worse, in my opinion.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:25 pm 

Ron Wolfley wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Because Simmons is worth less than Ayton at the moment? Or the Sixers are willing to part with more pieces than the Suns? Little bit of both?

Curry, easily

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:33 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Curry, easily

I think they both suck.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:48 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:

He was in the top 5 in MVP voting this year. He took a team that had missed the playoffs the previous 10 years to the NBA Finals. He didn't do it by himself naturally as he had help. But he was definitely the key. He stepped up big time in each of the previous 3 series to seal the deal. As a 36 year old player he is ineligible for anything more than a two year deal. That was part of the last CBA.

If you let him walk for nothing then you take a considerable step back. The reason that Phoenix was able to make such a huge jump was that they were able to trade for Paul (because of his age and contract) for virtually nothing. In order to trade for a player of his caliber they would have to give up considerably more.

Their best hope is to pay him for two years with the hope that they can squeeze at least one more great season out of him. Add a few complimentary pieces around him and make another go of it. Hopefully Ayton makes a jump next season (highly likely) as well.

The Lakers or Knicks can give Paul a 3 year deal. The Suns are the only team that can do 4+ years.

In my opinion, the best thing is if Paul were to accept his last year player option and take $44 million. The Suns can run it back for one more season and then they can go after one of Kyrie, Steph, Kemba, Wall, Westbrook in the summer of '22.

Again, I would not sign Paul to anything more than a 1 year deal. It's a guarantee he'll be hurt again next postseason, probably too hurt to be able to play. Booker, Ayton, Bridges, and Johnson are all under 25. It just doesn't make sense to take up $30 - $40 million of your cap in 2023 and 2024 for a 38, then a 39 year old who is always injured when basketball matters.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:45 pm 

they will sign him 3 year deal but hes probably done as far as difference maker. if he still wants a ring he will have to suck on many titties

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 288 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10