It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:43 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 288 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: NBA Finals
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
Bagels wrote:
according to ltg, JaVale Mc Gee > Trae

no one gives a shit about the Olympics

And the Olympics quite obviously doesn't give a shit about Trae since he wasn't invited to play. Superstars get invites.

And obviously you believe he is a superstar :lol: :lol: too!

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

Last edited by The Missing Link on Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
The Missing Link wrote:
Bagels wrote:

And the Olympics quite obviously doesn't give a shit about Trae since he wasn't invited to play. Superstars get invites.

Keldon Johnson is a superstar?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:09 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Bagels wrote:

They invite superstars first whether they accept or not is up to them.

The superstars get offered first. If Trae was that dude they would have been kissing his ass to play. They don't even want him. Shocking!

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Hawg Ass wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Lots of basketball to be played.

True. But by early indications, the Suns have more ways and more guys to put the ball in the hole.

Yep, this didn't age well at all.

How about this?...
Nas wrote:
Giannis is a fucking fraud.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:14 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

True. But by early indications, the Suns have more ways and more guys to put the ball in the hole.

How about this?...
Nas wrote:

Thanks for the assist Zippy, Nas and his predictions. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:27 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

How about this?...
Nas wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=123724

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
The Missing Link wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Bagels wrote:

The superstars get offered first. If Trae was that dude they would have been kissing his ass to play. They don't even want him. Shocking!

what's not so shocking is your digging in on a wrong opinion by making even more ridiculous claims

They don't give a shit about Trae, but they really wanted keldon Johnson and JaVale McGee !!!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Bagels wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Bagels wrote:

what's not so shocking is your digging in on a wrong opinion by making even more ridiculous claims

They don't give a shit about Trae, but they really wanted keldon Johnson and JaVale McGee !!!

I think you can throw Lavine in the group of ‘why the fuck is this guy on the US Olympic team.’

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:46 pm 

Bagels wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Bagels wrote:

He is a better player than both. Doesn't mean he is a better fit.

And plain and simple the guys that they want get invited. Superstar players get invited first. That has always been the pecking order. They rarely if ever get passed over. It's why people are talking about Zeke 30 years later.

They didn't want the guy and I can totally understand why. You don't and can't because you think that he is a really really great player. Like Shakes and others that ride the wave.
.That they would rather have Javale McGee and Keldon Johnson rather than the "great" Trae Young says a lot more about Trae Young than it does McGee and Keldon Johnson.Or the Coaching Staff for that matter.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:51 pm 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Bagels wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Bagels wrote:

I think you can throw Lavine in the group of ‘why the fuck is this guy on the US Olympic team.’

I can see why they'd rather have Zach Lavine than Ice Cold Trae.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
The Missing Link wrote:

better +/- ?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:59 pm 

And to think that he is a "must have" guy is silly given his obvious limitations as a player. He shoots a low % and couldn't guard the American flag that is draped over the shoulders of the players if he needed to in order to get out of Tokyo.

Guards with his defensive limitations tend to get exposed in the Olympics. Won't be able to hide him on P.J. Tucker or Reggie Bullock over there.

And I also don't think that his iso ball dominant style translates well to the system that Popovich likes to run. And lastly there is no way that Popovich would ever accept a guy launching 30 footers simply because the mood struck.

That's why he wasn't placed on the squad if you ask me.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:01 pm 

Bagels wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

better +/- ?

Quote:
And to think that he is a "must have" guy is silly given his obvious limitations as a player. He shoots a low % and couldn't guard the American flag that is draped over the shoulders of the players if he needed to in order to get out of Tokyo.

Guards with his defensive limitations tend to get exposed in the Olympics. Won't be able to hide him on P.J. Tucker or Reggie Bullock over there.

And I also don't think that his iso ball dominant style translates well to the system that Popovich likes to run. And lastly there is no way that Popovich would ever accept a guy launching 30 footers simply because the mood struck.

That's why he wasn't placed on the squad if you ask me

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Great fucking series. Disappointing for the city of Phoenix, especially being up 2-0. I think it took Giannis those two games to get back into rhythm. The Suns could have used another big man in this series, somebody like Taj Gibson would've been fun.

Ayton played scared last night. In my meatball sports fan voice, he played like a pussy. He honestly played like that most of the series. I'm dumbfounded how he's gone away from shooting jumpers (something he was really great at in college and in his first couple NBA seasons). It was strictly alley-oops and rebounds this season. He lacks confidence. You see it every time he receives the ball in the post. Hopefully he figures it out like Embiid.

Booker played scared last night as well. He was blocked so many times when driving to the hoop this series, he had some PTSD hesitating and pump-faking throughout Game 6.

Chris Paul needs to walk. He was terrific this season but he's never healthy in the playoffs. I don't question his toughness but I do question his assertiveness. The Lakers can have him. No way I'd devote $33 million worth of cap space to him, not even for 1 season.

Draft a point guard, sign a point guard, trade Ayton for Lillard, I don't give a damn.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:23 pm 

Ayton was definitely a pussy last night. some of the times he had the ball in the post he looked like he could not wait to get rid of it.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:33 pm 

Ron Wolfley wrote:
trade Ayton for Lillard

Portland wrote:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:50 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
RFDC wrote:
Durant is still the best player right now.

And Hakeem was the best player in 94-95.

I think you could make an argument for Giannis.

But, I wouldn't argue against Durant or Hakeem.

Just thinking out loud...on a keyboard....documenting for all time.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:41 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:
trade Ayton for Lillard

Portland wrote:

That's deserved. If I'm Portland however, I prefer Ayton over Wiseman. I don't want anything to do with a 20 year old who missed 35 games his rookie season and tore his meniscus.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:04 pm 

Unless Lillard publicly calls for a trade I’m not even considering one if I’m Portland. And if Dame does ask for a trade I think I’d still ask for Ben Simmons + picks/pieces from Philly over Ayton. If the Suns offered Ayton, Bridges, and a pick or two it’s a different conversation

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:14 pm 

You think Lillard and Booker would mesh well together? They seem sorta like the same guy to me.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:14 pm 

Ron Wolfley wrote:
Great fucking series. Disappointing for the city of Phoenix, especially being up 2-0. I think it took Giannis those two games to get back into rhythm. The Suns could have used another big man in this series, somebody like Taj Gibson would've been fun.

Ayton played scared last night. In my meatball sports fan voice, he played like a pussy. He honestly played like that most of the series. I'm dumbfounded how he's gone away from shooting jumpers (something he was really great at in college and in his first couple NBA seasons). It was strictly alley-oops and rebounds this season. He lacks confidence. You see it every time he receives the ball in the post. Hopefully he figures it out like Embiid.

Booker played scared last night as well. He was blocked so many times when driving to the hoop this series, he had some PTSD hesitating and pump-faking throughout Game 6.

Chris Paul needs to walk. He was terrific this season but he's never healthy in the playoffs. I don't question his toughness but I do question his assertiveness. The Lakers can have him. No way I'd devote $33 million worth of cap space to him, not even for 1 season.

Draft a point guard, sign a point guard, trade Ayton for Lillard, I don't give a damn.

The Best Chance that they have of making any noise next year is to keep the team intact and add one or two complimentary pieces to it.

They lost last night because outside of Ayton they
had no one capable of slowing Giannis down. They were simply too small up front.

He relentlessly attacked the rim because he knew that there was no rim protection outside of Ayton. And Ayton didn't do a good job of defending last night either.

You can't break it because you'd never get close to equal value for Paul. Hopefully he has one more elite level year in him. They can find a rim protecting big to back up Ayton and maybe a guy to back up or replace Crowder and they will be all good.

The best thing they can do is run that thing back for one more year.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:22 pm 

RFDC wrote:
You think Lillard and Booker would mesh well together? They seem sorta like the same guy to me.

The price for Lillard is going to be high and I don't think he is worth what Portland will ask for him.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:22 pm 

Kawhi isn’t guaranteed to be injured. AD isn’t guaranteed to be injured. Donovan Mitchell isn’t guaranteed to be injured. Dallas likely takes another step forward. Who knows what happens in Denver next year…

Everything had to beak the right way for the Suns to lose 4-2 to the 2nd best team in the East.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:25 pm 

I don’t think Dallas has much of a path to improvement this offseason but I agree with the overall point.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:27 pm 

Kawhi isn’t guaranteed to be injured. AD isn’t guaranteed to be injured. Donovan Mitchell isn’t guaranteed to be injured. Dallas likely takes another step forward. Who knows what happens in Denver next year…

Everything had to beak the right way for the Suns to lose 4-2 to the 2nd best team in the East.

Donovan Mitchell played. Just not well. Lakers are old and injured. Dallas hasn't done anything of note for all of the hype. Kawhi is oft injured and indifferent about playing basketball to me.

And besides which moves are doable anyway? The return for Paul wouldn't be much. And they aren't going to trade Ayton or Booker.

Maybe someone really loves Bridges but I doubt that. He would be the only guy that might net something decent in a return that they would think of trading.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:03 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:

Donovan Mitchell played. Just not well. Lakers are old and injured. Dallas hasn't done anything of note for all of the hype. Kawhi is oft injured and indifferent about playing basketball to me.

And besides which moves are doable anyway? The return for Paul wouldn't be much. And they aren't going to trade Ayton or Booker.

Maybe someone really loves Bridges but I doubt that. He would be the only guy that might net something decent in a return that they would think of trading.

Mitchell played but coming off an injury for a month, he looked like trash. I’d still prefer putting a team together around him/Gobert than Paul/Ayton. As much as I dislike Lebron, I’m not ready to rule him out when paired with a guy like AD on the right side of 30. Luka is 22; I’m not super impressed with them as a team but I have a hard time thinking they’re not going to improve as he gets more experience.

And Kawhi? I agree, but he’s shown he can dominate even when he doesn’t seem to care.

Basketball is so weird I don’t think there is a move out there that’ll help Phoenix. I just think they’re more in line with a team like Denver than the other western powers.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:15 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:

Mitchell played but coming off an injury for a month, he looked like trash. I’d still prefer putting a team together around him/Gobert than Paul/Ayton. As much as I dislike Lebron, I’m not ready to rule him out when paired with a guy like AD on the right side of 30. Luka is 22; I’m not super impressed with them as a team but I have a hard time thinking they’re not going to improve as he gets more experience.

And Kawhi? I agree, but he’s shown he can dominate even when he doesn’t seem to care.

Basketball is so weird I don’t think there is a move out there that’ll help Phoenix. I just think they’re more in line with a team like Denver than the other western powers.

I would take Booker and Ayton over Gobert and Mitchell. Or Paul and Ayton over Gobert and Mitchell any day. Gobert is a liability come playoff time and Mitchell gets exposed.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!

Kawhi just tore his ACL and had surgery. He is literally guaranteed to be injured next year.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:07 pm 

RFDC wrote:

When the Suns were down by 10 in Game 5 going into the 4th quarter, they could have really used another killer. Booker put up 40, including 11 in the 4th. Lillard and Booker could figure it out.

It's a wild idea. Same as trading Ayton for Karl-Anthony Towns (Booker's UK teammate).

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:15 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:

The Best Chance that they have of making any noise next year is to keep the team intact and add one or two complimentary pieces to it.

They lost last night because outside of Ayton they
had no one capable of slowing Giannis down. They were simply too small up front.

He relentlessly attacked the rim because he knew that there was no rim protection outside of Ayton. And Ayton didn't do a good job of defending last night either.

You can't break it because you'd never get close to equal value for Paul. Hopefully he has one more elite level year in him. They can find a rim protecting big to back up Ayton and maybe a guy to back up or replace Crowder and they will be all good.

The best thing they can do is run that thing back for one more year.

Yessir. One backup big man and a backup point guard. If Paul opts out and goes elsewhere, they'll have a little over $30 million.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 288 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next