It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
Bravo to this by the way.

https://thespun.com/nba/report-nba-cons ... trae-young.
Quote:
Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn
·
Jun 14, 2021
Replying to @wojespn
There are star players with greater usage and exposure who many people identify with this issue, but the league and teams generally see this as a universal problem throughout rosters that gives offenses too great of an advantage.
Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn
Young and Harden are both still alive in these playoffs, but the ability of many other players -- like Luka Doncic -- to create this kind of contact within the framework of the current rules has been at the center of league discussions for a long period of time

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Don't trust it. The source is Twitter.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:10 pm 

WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
Don't trust it. The source is Twitter.

Could be worse. Source could have been WaitingForTheLatestTwitterFeed!

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:20 pm 

Quote:
According to ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski, the league’s competition committee met today to look into changing the rules to “restrict unnatural motions on jump shots players use to draw fouls.” As Woj notes, this proposal would have a large effect on James Harden and Trae Young, in particular.

Both Harden and Young make a living out of drawing fouls by getting their defender in the air or on their hip and leaning into them to initiate contact. It is a practice that drives opposing players, coaches and fans crazy but is very effective for both players.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:21 pm 

Anything that fucks with Harden is good in my book

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:49 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Anything that fucks with Harden AND TRAE is good in my book

Fixed.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:23 am 

This didn't take long.

Quote:
Hawks guard Trae Young paused in the middle of his postgame comments, perhaps wondering if he was going too far -- or sensing that he already had.

"I don't want to get fined too much, but it's frustrating," the Atlanta star said.

There's no telling how the league will receive Young's latest words. This wasn't some unhinged rant, but he certainly had plenty to say about the officiating after the Hawks lost 122-111 to Washington on Thursday night. Young was one of five players who received a technical foul during the game, and another one was given out for delay of game.

"There's a lot of missed calls," he said. "It's basketball. It's just, it feels that they're learning, and they're just -- I don't know. It's frustrating."

EDITOR'S PICKS

Harden: 'Slowly' regaining form, but still limited
1dOhm Youngmisuk
Young went into more detail moments later. There's a new crackdown this season on non-basketball moves designed to draw contact. Officials aren't supposed to call defensive fouls when that happens, and Young and James Harden are often mentioned as players who could be significantly affected.

Young averaged 8.7 free throw attempts a game last season. He's averaging 4.4 this season after taking only three Thursday.

"I saw James said it's about him, but it's not targeting just one player or two players," Young said.

Young mentioned Damian Lillard and Devin Booker, a couple of other star scorers off to relatively slow starts.

"You can watch basketball. Damian Lillard's never averaged 17 points probably since his rookie year," Young said. "There's a couple guys. I mean, Book's averaging 18. There's a lot of things that, when guys are driving straight and guys are getting knocked off balance -- it's still a foul, whether they're using their lower body or their hands."

Wizards forward Kyle Kuzma took to Twitter after Thursday's game to offer his take on the rules changes.

Golden State Warriors coach Steve Kerr also voiced his approval of the changes, saying, "I love what I'm seeing. I think the officials are doing a great job. The game has more of an authentic feel."

Young said he isn't completely against the changes, but he still wants certain contact to be whistled.

"Veering back and jumping into guys -- that's different," he said. "There are certain things that, I agree with the rule changes, but then there's things that are still fouls, and guys are going to get hurt. Especially a smaller guy like me who's going up against bigger and stronger defenders, they're using their body and they're using their legs and their hands to stop me."

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:56 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
yea this is fucking bullshit. The reffing to start the year has been a joke. the new rules state that the offensive player can't create the contact. That's fine, no problem with that rule. But, instead the refs are now allowing defensive players to completely mug offensive players. Not just grabbing, but they are now allowing defenders to two hand shove offensive players driving with the ball.

This will be corrected eventually. Hopefully sooner rather than later since it is costing the Hawks games. They went from 4th in FT attempts last year to 28th this year. Trae down from 8 per game to 4.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:59 am 

pizza_Place: John's
It's not the officials fault that Trade Young is shooting 29% from 3 this year.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:05 am 

shakes wrote:
yea this is fucking bullshit. The reffing to start the year has been a joke. the new rules state that the offensive player can't create the contact. That's fine, no problem with that rule. But, instead the refs are now allowing defensive players to completely mug offensive players. Not just grabbing, but they are now allowing defenders to two hand shove offensive players driving with the ball.

This will be corrected eventually. Hopefully sooner rather than later since it is costing the Hawks games. They went from 4th in FT attempts last year to 28th this year. Trae down from 8 per game to 4.

He is mad because they aren't calling those bullshit fouls for him any longer. It used to be pathetic how he would jump into guys, kick his leg out and receive a foul call for it. Or he'd come off the screen and jump back into the guy as he was trying to recover and receive a foul call.

Now he has to become a player and I fully expect him to struggle as a result.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:08 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
shakes wrote:

Lavine seemed pretty upset with the officiating last night . I remember one replay where he was on a fast break, got raked across the arm twice and they didn't call anything

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:19 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
The Missing Link wrote:
shakes wrote:

He is mad because they aren't calling those bullshit fouls for him any longer. It used to be pathetic how he would jump into guys, kick his leg out and receive a foul call for it. Or he'd come off the screen and jump back into the guy as he was trying to recover and receive a foul call.

He never did the leg kick out play. He stopped doing the fake the 3 and then jump awkwardly into defender to draw a foul last year. His 3 big moves to draw fouls are driving to the basket with defender on his hip and waiting for defender to grab him and then he raises up to shoot and draws the foul. This year they are now allowing defenders to grab and shove Trae and no call even though all contact is initiated by Defender.

His second move is when he comes around a screen and gets a defender following too closely to his back and Trae stops on a dime raises up for a shot and gets run over. This is still being called a foul even with the new reffing.

His 3rd move is when he comes around a screen at the top of the key and feels the defender trailing too closely and Trae stops on a dime and raises up for 3 point shot and lets defender run into him. This should still be a foul since defender is initiating contact, but refs are not calling it.

Refs are now allowing defenders to play out of control of their body and close out on players recklessly. It's only a matter of time before a star player suffers a serious leg injury as a result.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:23 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
shakes wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
shakes wrote:

He never did the leg kick out play. He stopped doing the fake the 3 and then jump awkwardly into defender to draw a foul last year. His 3 big moves to draw fouls are driving to the basket with defender on his hip and waiting for defender to grab him and then he raises up to shoot and draws the foul. This year they are now allowing defenders to grab and shove Trae and no call even though all contact is initiated by Defender.

His second move is when he comes around a screen and gets a defender following too closely to his back and Trae stops on a dime raises up for a shot and gets run over. This is still being called a foul even with the new reffing.

His 3rd move is when he comes around a screen at the top of the key and feels the defender trailing too closely and Trae stops on a dime and raises up for 3 point shot and lets defender run into him. This should still be a foul since defender is initiating contact, but refs are not calling it.

Refs are now allowing defenders to play out of control of their body and close out on players recklessly. It's only a matter of time before a star player suffers a serious leg injury as a result.

Those are b.itch moves and I'm glad he's getting molested on the court now. Beat your man with talent, not with b.itch play.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:25 am 

shakes wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
shakes wrote:

Nah Shakes you aren't being objective. He jumped into Thybulle repeatedly to get foul calls during the Philly series. In fact a few of them occurred in crunch time also. The rules were structured so that you couldn't play defense on guys like he and Harden. I give them credit for taking advantage of them but as a fan it was disgusting to watch.

And shooting all of those free throws all of the time allowed him to significantly pad his stats and establish a rhythm on nights when his jump shot was broke as hell.

And on the 3rd move you described it should be a foul call if he goes straight up but he wasn't doing that. He was jumping back into guys with his ass and getting foul shots because of it.

That wasn't basketball. I'm glad the league got rid of that crap

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:53 am 

It's a better game with the desperately needed rule change. Screw Harden and Trae.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:03 am 

it kind of reminds me of how pass interference can be treated in the NFL. i've noticed there's more hand-throwing that can be tolerated as long as the fist isn't clenched.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:20 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
I'm fine with the rule adjustment, but like with most things, NBA refs are all over the place with it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:44 am 

Regular Reader wrote:
It's a better game with the desperately needed rule change. Screw Harden and Trae.

This.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:54 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Harden's one of the few players in nba history to have more made free throws than made field goals career:

6541 (FG) 6588 (FT) James Harden
6387 (FG) 2955 (FT) Steph Curry
12192 (FG) 7327 (FT) Jordan
4738 (FG) 4496 (FT) Billups
1604 (FG) 1329 (FT) T Young

Billups included cuz he's a recent player i could recall who made a career at the free throw line. Trae headed Harden's way, until these rule changes. Young's last 3 seasons:

525 (FG) 343 (FT) 18-19
546 (FG) 481 (FT) 19-20
487 (FG) 484 (FT) 20-21

Harden led the league in both FT made and FTA the last 6 seasons and in FTA 7 of the last 8 seasons.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:12 pm 

And I love how a lot of players try to name drop Lebron as if that somehow gives them credibility. I can't remember the last time Lebron was in foul trouble, let alone happened to have fouled out of a game.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
The Missing Link wrote:
I can't remember the last time Lebron was in foul trouble, let alone happened to have fouled out of a game.

gee i wonder why :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Bagels wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
I can't remember the last time Lebron was in foul trouble, let alone happened to have fouled out of a game.

:lol:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:03 pm 

Bagels wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

You have a better chance of the making the Timberwolves relevant than he does of ever fouling out of a game.

Frank Coztansa wrote: