It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:31 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:46 am 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
What would the draft look like from selected years if there was a do over for those years?

1984. Michael Jordan
Akeem Olajuwon
Charles Barkley
John Stockton
Otis Thorpe

1996 Kobe Bryant
Ray Allen
Steve Nash
Allen Iverson
Stephon Marbury

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:47 am 

Ray Allen ahead of Iverson?

No.

Kobe
Iverson
Nash

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:50 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
I'd go Allen over Nash. People forget Allen was a penetrator/slasher in the early years in addition to being a shooter. I'd rate him ahead of Nash since Allen could be your #2 while if Nash were your #2 you weren't going anywhere.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:53 am 

RFDC wrote:

No.

Kobe
Iverson
Nash

Oh hell yeah I would. Ray Allen was a better player than AI.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:54 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
I'd go Allen over Nash. People forget Allen was a penetrator/slasher in the early years in addition to being a shooter. I'd rate him ahead of Nash since Allen could be your #2 while if Nash were your #2 you weren't going anywhere.

Nash as a #1 was going to place Phoenix in the NBA finals.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:58 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
RFDC wrote:

No.

Kobe
Iverson
Nash

Ray Allen was a great player and an amazing shooter, but he was in no way a better all around player than Iverson.

You think Allen could have carried that 76er team to the finals and taken a game from the Lakers?

Not a chance.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:04 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
veganfan21 wrote:

You'd go Ray Allen over over a back to back MVP ? :lol:

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:07 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
The Missing Link wrote:
RFDC wrote:

No.

Kobe
Iverson
Nash

Cmon man. :lol:

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:15 am 

RFDC wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
RFDC wrote:

No.

Kobe
Iverson
Nash

Ray Allen was a great player and an amazing shooter, but he was in no way a better all around player than Iverson.

You think Allen could have carried that 76er team to the finals and taken a game from the Lakers?

Not a chance.

He actually was a better all around player than AI. In fact he proved it in the playoffs when he destroyed AI in the series against Philly. The very same series that catapulted Philly to the finals actually.

AI has gotten a lot of traction out of year also. He benefitted from playing in a shitty conference more than he did from individual greatness.
If you look at most of his career, you'll see that MANY of his teams had losing records. Some were terrible records. When he forced his way out of Philly the team got better instantly. With Andre Miller in a straight up trade as I remember. When he was traded for Billups Denver got better immediately.

I have never considered AI to be all that great of a player. Volume chucker who needed teams to be structured for him just in order to be mediocre. Only could ever play with role players too. Great players can play with other good or great players. He never could because of his selfishness as a player.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:16 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
RFDC wrote:

No.

Kobe
Iverson
Nash

Cmon man. :lol:

Not even close actually.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:30 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
RFDC wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
RFDC wrote:

No.

Kobe
Iverson
Nash

Not a chance.

He actually was a better all around player than AI. In fact he proved it in the playoffs when he destroyed AI in the series against Philly. The very same series that catapulted Philly to the finals actually.

AI has gotten a lot of traction out of year also. He benefitted from playing in a shitty conference more than he did from individual greatness.
If you look at most of his career, you'll see that MANY of his teams had losing records. Some were terrible records. When he forced his way out of Philly the team got better instantly. With Andre Miller in a straight up trade as I remember. When he was traded for Billups Denver got better immediately.

I have never considered AI to be all that great of a player. Volume chucker who needed teams to be structured for him just in order to be mediocre. Only could ever play with role players too. Great players can play with other good or great players. He never could because of his selfishness as a player.

Allen destroyed Iverson in a series in which Iverson averaged 31 pts, 7 assists, and 2 steals while leading his team to the series win? That is being destroyed?

Come on man. Stop with this nonsense. Allen is a great player, but he is not close to Iverson.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:43 am 

RFDC wrote:
Allen destroyed Iverson in a series in which Iverson averaged 31 pts, 7 assists, and 2 steals while leading his team to the series win? That is being destroyed?

Come on man. Stop with this nonsense. Allen is a great player, but he is not close to Iverson.

Larry Brown took AI off of Allen after Allen shitted on him head to head after the first 2-3 games. Tells you all you need to know.
Check AI's shooting percentage for the series. Stats are rather meaningless for volume checkers. Doesn't mean he played well. Guys that shoot a ton will always find a way to "get their numbers". And besides that's only one season. Ray Allen had a longer and better career.
Look at the Advanced #s for both guys. I really don't care for that shit but damn does it always seem to line up with my "eye test".
Look at AI's winning percentage as a player for his career. Look at how shitty his teams were with him on it vs when he left.

You can ignore all of that if you want and believe the AI hype if you like. Doesn't mean I have to. And I won't.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:51 am 

RFDC wrote:

The Missing Link wrote:
Check AI's shooting percentage for the series. Stats are rather meaningless for volume chuckers. Doesn't mean he played well. Guys that shoot a ton will always find a way to "get their numbers".

Yep. Just as I remembered.
Iverson shot 34% for the series.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Last edited by The Missing Link on Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:52 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

He was the facilitator. Joe Johnson, Marion, Amare were all equally integral to that team. He's not a no 1 and never was.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:53 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

He was the facilitator. Joe Johnson, Marion, Amare were all equally integral to that team. He's not a no 1 and never was.

He was the MVP of the League that year. He was undeniably their best player.

And you don't even have him as a #2, which is foolish.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Last edited by The Missing Link on Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:54 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

He won MVP but he's not a MVP. Nash is useful if you have your top 2 set. If he's your second best guy you're not going anywhere. That phoenix team was maybe 3-4 deep with quality players and all stars. Adding Nash to the mix elevated them.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:00 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

He won MVP but he's not a MVP. Nash is useful if you have your top 2 set. If he's your second best guy you're not going anywhere. That phoenix team was maybe 3-4 deep with quality players and all stars. Adding Nash to the mix elevated them.

He is likely the only Hall of Famer from that team.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:01 am 

pizza_Place: What??
The Missing Link wrote:
RFDC wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
RFDC wrote:

No.

Kobe
Iverson
Nash

Not a chance.

How does anyone not love AI? Don't you have favorite players that don't necessarily hold up in an argument? It's one of my favorite parts of sports.

To this day, I'll argue Scotty Pods was the MVP of the 2005 Playoffs.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:02 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
The Missing Link wrote:
What would the draft look like from selected years if there was a do over for those years?

1984. Michael Jordan
Akeem Olajuwon
Charles Barkley
John Stockton
Otis Thorpe

1996 Kobe Bryant
Ray Allen
Steve Nash
Allen Iverson
Stephon Marbury

Jordan
Akeem
Stockton
Barkley
Kevin Willis

Kobe
AI
Allen
Nash
Abdur-Rahim

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:06 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Nardi wrote:
How does anyone not love AI? Don't you have favorite players that don't necessarily hold up in an argument? It's one of my favorite parts of sports.

Yes, but AI is not one of them. I fully agree with ltg.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:08 am 

Jaw Breaker wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Yeah Jaw. Possibly one of the most overrated players in NBA history.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:10 am 

pizza_Place: What??
The Missing Link wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Nardi wrote:

I don't care. He was one of top players to see in person.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:14 am 

Nardi wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Nardi wrote:

I don't care. He was one of top players to see in person.

And vastly overrated when I watched him on TV.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:17 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Not relevant though to the question. That team was uniquely deep.
Stoudemire: multiple time all star. All star starter even. 26ppg and 9 boards plus nearly 2 blocks in 2004

Joe Johnson: 17 ppg that year and was an all star previously
Marion: all star. 19 and 11
Q-Rich: above average role player, 15 ppg

And I haven't even mentioned Nash yet. Plus there was a young Barbosa. That's a deep team. The depth of that team is responsible for Nash's success. He doesn't belong in the same convo as Shaq, Dirk, Kobe and other MVPs.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:18 am 

Lebron James
D. Wade
Carmelo Anthony
Chris Bosh
David West

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:19 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
He doesn't belong in the same convo as Shaq, Dirk, Kobe and other MVPs.

No one is actually arguing this. Iverson was MVP. He definitely goes in the conversation with him though. Westbrook also.
In addition he was a two time MVP and the only Hall of Famer on that team

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:23 am 
100000 CLUB

The Missing Link wrote:
Lebron James
D. Wade
Carmelo Anthony
Chris Bosh
David West

I liked Kirk but that looks right.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:25 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
]

Not relevant though to the question..

In a discussion on who the best player was it's not relevant to bring up the fact that Nash is the only one in the Hall of Fame. Ok. Sure.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:29 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

No one is actually arguing this. Iverson was MVP. He definitely goes in the conversation with him though. Westbrook also.

There's a fair amount of controversy over his MVPs. Shaq believed he should have had one and I agree. Nash was a great facilitator. Not #1 though.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:32 am 
100000 CLUB

veganfan21 wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

There's a fair amount of controversy over his MVPs. Shaq believed he should have had one and I agree. Nash was a great facilitator. Not #1 though.

Kobe averaged 40 one of those years too.