It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:53 am 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Nas wrote:
I would take AI over Allen because I believe peak AI is a top 5 scorer of all time. However, I believe Jesus Shuttleworth has about 60 more win shares than AI. That's a significant number. I can't fault anyone for choosing him over AI when I see that.

Karl Malone has 20 more win shares than Jordan.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:00 am 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Nas wrote:
I would take AI over Allen because I believe peak AI is a top 5 scorer of all time. However, I believe Jesus Shuttleworth has about 60 more win shares than AI. That's a significant number. I can't fault anyone for choosing him over AI when I see that.

He played 47 more seasons than Jordan too. I'm fairly certain that Ray Allen has more even if you look at the exact same time frame.

And I doubt seriously that Boston wins anything if you swap AI for Ray Allen. And AI was traded twice in his prime and made neither team better. Ray Allen won a ring in his first year with Boston. I know KG has to be factored in too, but the season prior they were one of the worst teams in the league.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:04 am 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
The Missing Link wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Nas wrote:

He played 47 more seasons than Jordan too. I'm fairly certain that Ray Allen has more even if you look at the exact same time frame.

And I doubt seriously that Boston wins anything if you swap AI for Ray Allen. And AI was traded twice in his prime and made neither team better. Ray Allen won a ring in his first year with Boston. I know KG has to be factored in too, but the season prior they were one of the worst teams in the league.

Very nice that you acknowledge the addition of another all-time great player. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:09 am 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Nas wrote:

Very nice that you acknowledge the addition of another all-time great player. :lol:

Yeah but that "All Time Great" Player had only made it out of the first round once in 15 seasons prior to. Ray Allen deserves a helluva credit no matter how you slice it.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:12 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
All three of them were less successful than Barkley in the post season until they joined forces.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:14 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
veganfan21 wrote:
All three of them were less successful than Barkley in the post season until they joined forces.

Barkley had great rosters. He played with legends in Philly and his Suns team from top to bottom was more talented than the Bulls.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:23 am 

veganfan21 wrote:

Who said anything about Barkley?

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
The Missing Link wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

The point being you don't have an argument when trying to compare RA's pre-Boston playoff accolades to AI's accolades. Ray Allen was a postseason loser, an irrelevant player on the postseason scene until he joined forces with Pierce and Garnett.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:51 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

The point being you don't have an argument when trying to compare RA's pre-Boston playoff accolades to AI's accolades. Ray Allen was a postseason loser, an irrelevant player on the postseason scene until he joined forces with Pierce and Garnett.

So you reference Barkley but have no clue why Barkley is relevant
Kevin Garnett was a post season loser until he came to Boston too then.

And the great AI only had one year in his entire career where any of his teams made any noise. And when he traded from Philly and Denver they actually got better.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:29 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
. Trae Young could cure cancer during a TV timeout and then win the Finals by the end of the game and still you wouldn't be convinced.

This is a rather odd and hypocritical take considering you are on thread 293 of your never ending "Kyrie is a b**ch" tour

Frank Coztansa wrote: