It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:45 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2022 1:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
There seems to be real smoke behind this one.
Quote:
2022 NBA trade deadline: Sixers, Nets plan to discuss a Ben Simmons for James Harden deal, per report
The Sixers previously planned to wait until the offseason to trade Simmons
Jasmyn Wimbish

By Jasmyn Wimbish
15 hrs ago
3 min read
untitled-design-2022-02-04t173349-767.png
usatsi
It sounds as though the Philadelphia 76ers may not have to wait until the offseason to trade disgruntled star Ben Simmons after all. Recent reports suggested that the Sixers wanted to wait until more star players were available this summer before exploring a trade centered around Simmons, but The Athletic's Shams Charania reported on Friday that the Brooklyn Nets are open to discussing a trade ahead of the deadline where James Harden would be sent to Philly in exchange for Simmons.

This is a reverse from recent reports suggesting that Brooklyn did not plan on listening to any trade offers for Harden leading up to the deadline. But according to Charania, there's a sense of urgency within the Nets' organization this season, as they view it as a "critical year in Kevin Durant's prime." This report comes at a time when the Nets aren't playing their best basketball. Durant is currently sidelined with a sprained MCL, and during that time Brooklyn has gone just 2-7 and is currently on a six-game losing streak.

The Nets view a potential Simmons-for-Harden swap as an opportunity to get Brooklyn more depth, with Seth Curry, Tyrese Maxey and Matisse Thybulle all being potential add-ons to the deal. However, the Sixers reportedly would not include Maxey in a deal for Harden, per CBS Sports' Michael Kaskey-Blomain. Philadelphia has been resistant in the past to trade Maxey, most recently when the team looked to acquire Harden originally from the Rockets. But with Joel Embiid playing at an MVP-level again, and the Sixers climbing up to the No. 3 spot in the Eastern Conference with a 31-20 record, Philadelphia clearly wants to take advantage of this season and almost certainly will be a piece that the Nets ask for in any return for Harden.

Simmons has yet to play this season since requesting a trade from the Sixers during the offseason. The All-Star guard has cited his mental health as his reason for being unable to play in Philadelphia and, up to this point, it looked as though this saga would continue into this summer with no viable trade partner rising to the top.

The Atlanta Hawks have remained engaged with Philadelphia in a trade package centered around John Collins, Bogdan Bogdanovic and draft compensation, but it hasn't intrigued the Sixers, per Charania. The Minnesota Timberwolves are also still conversing with the Sixers to acquire Simmons, but don't want to meet Philly's high asking price in regards to draft picks. So it appears as though everything is coming back to a Harden-for-Simmons swap.

Harden and the Sixers have been linked together for some time, with Bleacher Report's Jake Fischer reporting recently that the former league MVP was open to looking at opportunities outside of the Nets this summer when he becomes an unrestricted free agent. Harden responded to those rumors by saying he's been "frustrated" with this season in regards to injuries and COVID-19 derailing the team's success but shot down the idea that he wanted out of Brooklyn. However, there's been "growing concern" over Harden's fit with the Nets, per Charania, as his ball-dominant play hasn't meshed well with Brooklyn's desire to play a more free-flowing style of basketball.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2022 1:40 pm 

idk. If Simmons is right then I could see him being a nice piece for Brooklyn, but is he or can he be right?

Harden in Philly sounds perfect. He can chuck it a ton and not win anything.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2022 1:43 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Kyrie and Simmons seems like a disaster.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2022 1:45 pm 

Nas wrote:

Personality wise maybe, but I would think on court if Simmons is right it could be fine. Simmons does not need to be a scorer like Harden. Kyrie and Durant can carry the load and let Simmons be the 3rd option and play to his strengths

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2022 1:49 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
RFDC wrote:
Nas wrote:

Personality wise maybe, but I would think on court if Simmons is right it could be fine. Simmons does not need to be a scorer like Harden. Kyrie and Durant can carry the load and let Simmons be the 3rd option and play to his strengths

I think Kyrie and Durant like to have the ball in their hands too much for Simmons to be useful. It would make it easier for the defense to cover Brooklyn. I think this deal would be a steal for the Sixers.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2022 1:54 pm 

Harden and Embiid...I dont know how that meshes with each other. Harden is going to try and be the man but it is Embiids team. Idk.

Will be interesting to see if that happens.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2022 2:05 pm 

RFDC wrote:
idk. If Simmons is right then I could see him being a nice piece for Brooklyn, but is he or can he be right?

Harden in Philly sounds perfect. He can chuck it a ton and not win anything.

Wouldn't be so sure about that.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2022 2:09 pm 

Nas wrote:

I think he'd prefer playing with SImmons more than Harden. I get the feeling that he never wanted to play with Harden in the first place. Despite everything he ever said publicly.

And Kyrie isn't reliable enough as a player to bounce Harden for at this stage of the game. I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him and I like the guy as a player. His primadonna grandstanding is for the birds however.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2022 2:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Harden wants out of town, how could ya tell?

Harden only seems to want to play for noted anti-Chiner twitterer @dmorey

Nets would play Simmons at the 5/dunker's spot on offense? Simmons best in transition offense and defense.

wouldn't it make more sense to trade Kyrie to a city where he could play home and away games. Tell Harden you'll go get Morey from the Sixers if he reups this Summer. Unless Brooklyn hipster hoes not trashy enough for Harden. Surprised Harden hasn't managed to work his way to PDX, ATL or the Heat:

Chicago doesn't even crack the top 50

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2022 2:43 pm 

Hussra wrote:

Nets would play Simmons at the 5/dunker's spot on offense? Simmons best in transition offense and defense.

wouldn't it make more sense to trade Kyrie to a city where he could play home and away games. Tell Harden you'll go get Morey from the Sixers if he reups this Summer. Unless Brooklyn hipster hoes not trashy enough for Harden. Surprised Harden hasn't managed to work his way to PDX, ATL or the Heat:

Supposedly Kyrie has put it out there that we will retire if he is traded.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:56 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
Harden's a fucking loser. Send him to a last place team where he can score 50 a game and his team loses 70 games a year.

If you put Harden on the 95 Bulls he'd find a way to complain and not give a shit.

Selfish POS that will never win a ring.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:39 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
There seems to be real smoke behind this one.
Quote:
2022 NBA trade deadline: Sixers, Nets plan to discuss a Ben Simmons for James Harden deal, per report
The Sixers previously planned to wait until the offseason to trade Simmons
Jasmyn Wimbish

By Jasmyn Wimbish
15 hrs ago
3 min read
untitled-design-2022-02-04t173349-767.png
usatsi
It sounds as though the Philadelphia 76ers may not have to wait until the offseason to trade disgruntled star Ben Simmons after all. Recent reports suggested that the Sixers wanted to wait until more star players were available this summer before exploring a trade centered around Simmons, but The Athletic's Shams Charania reported on Friday that the Brooklyn Nets are open to discussing a trade ahead of the deadline where James Harden would be sent to Philly in exchange for Simmons.

This is a reverse from recent reports suggesting that Brooklyn did not plan on listening to any trade offers for Harden leading up to the deadline. But according to Charania, there's a sense of urgency within the Nets' organization this season, as they view it as a "critical year in Kevin Durant's prime." This report comes at a time when the Nets aren't playing their best basketball. Durant is currently sidelined with a sprained MCL, and during that time Brooklyn has gone just 2-7 and is currently on a six-game losing streak.

The Nets view a potential Simmons-for-Harden swap as an opportunity to get Brooklyn more depth, with Seth Curry, Tyrese Maxey and Matisse Thybulle all being potential add-ons to the deal. However, the Sixers reportedly would not include Maxey in a deal for Harden, per CBS Sports' Michael Kaskey-Blomain. Philadelphia has been resistant in the past to trade Maxey, most recently when the team looked to acquire Harden originally from the Rockets. But with Joel Embiid playing at an MVP-level again, and the Sixers climbing up to the No. 3 spot in the Eastern Conference with a 31-20 record, Philadelphia clearly wants to take advantage of this season and almost certainly will be a piece that the Nets ask for in any return for Harden.

Simmons has yet to play this season since requesting a trade from the Sixers during the offseason. The All-Star guard has cited his mental health as his reason for being unable to play in Philadelphia and, up to this point, it looked as though this saga would continue into this summer with no viable trade partner rising to the top.

The Atlanta Hawks have remained engaged with Philadelphia in a trade package centered around John Collins, Bogdan Bogdanovic and draft compensation, but it hasn't intrigued the Sixers, per Charania. The Minnesota Timberwolves are also still conversing with the Sixers to acquire Simmons, but don't want to meet Philly's high asking price in regards to draft picks. So it appears as though everything is coming back to a Harden-for-Simmons swap.

Harden and the Sixers have been linked together for some time, with Bleacher Report's Jake Fischer reporting recently that the former league MVP was open to looking at opportunities outside of the Nets this summer when he becomes an unrestricted free agent. Harden responded to those rumors by saying he's been "frustrated" with this season in regards to injuries and COVID-19 derailing the team's success but shot down the idea that he wanted out of Brooklyn. However, there's been "growing concern" over Harden's fit with the Nets, per Charania, as his ball-dominant play hasn't meshed well with Brooklyn's desire to play a more free-flowing style of basketball.

Yep!

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:46 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
Hussra wrote:

I can't wait to see his reaction when no sane team will give him more than a one year deal.

Last edited by Regular Reader on Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:47 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
trade that asshole to Orlando. He can get his 30 a game and be happy while the team loses 70.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:39 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Hussra wrote:

I can't wait to see his reaction when no sane team will give him more than a one year deal.

Yeah you can't trust him that is for sure.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:27 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:53 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Hussra wrote:

Looks like LeBron versus Portland the other night.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:10 am 

While I don't like his tactics Harden has a point here. The Nets are a shitshow and Kyrie Irving is the primary reason they are a shitshow. He's right to want out of that.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:16 am 

sad to see curry go but the trade is decent for the sixers. i mean, they *should* win the east now but...it's the sixers.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:13 am 

Combining James Harden with the coach who holds the record for choking away 3-1 playoff series leads, what could go wrong. If Robinson gets his shot back in time for the playoffs and they're otherwise healthy, I like the Heat to win the East.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 1:50 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 3:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
:lol: Saw that last night, that was the hardest I've laughed in awhile at that show

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 3:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
The Missing Link wrote:
While I don't like his tactics Harden has a point here. The Nets are a shitshow and Kyrie Irving is the primary reason they are a shitshow. He's right to want out of that.

You're welcome. You can always point out when I'm right, I won't hold it over you.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 3:58 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

You're welcome. You can always point out when I'm right, I won't hold it over you.

I don't care for his politics but there is nothing wrong with Kyrie Irving the basketball player. And your "Kyrie Irving" is a b**ch talk subsided as he started actually playing again. Shocking.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 3:59 pm 

Read better. I don't have a problem with him as a baller either.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:33 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:

Actually you do and have for awhile. WYC?
And yet you love the gutless Lebron James. Who by the way bails on teams (look for this with the Lakers after the season) as soon as shit goes sour. And considering you have always been a "Just as long as you have Lebron you have enough" kinda guy, you look rather foolish as he is about to miss the playoffs for a third time in 4 years.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:35 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

And yet you love the gutless Lebron James. Who by the way bails on teams (look for this with the Lakers after the season) as soon as shit goes sour. And considering you have always been a "Just as long as you have Lebron you have enough" kinda guy, you look rather foolish as he is about to miss the playoffs for a third time in 4 years.

Nope. Everyone is coming around to the idea that Simmons and Irving are pussies and liabilities. I've been saying that for three years for Irving and one year for Simmons. Take the L.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:37 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Nope. Everyone is coming around to the idea that Simmons and Irving are pussies and liabilities. I've been saying that for three years for Irving and one year for Simmons. Take the L.

If "everyone" believed that he would never have been traded for a consensus top 10 player. Just sound silly arguing otherwise but that is sort of your M.O. so at least you are conditioned to it.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:39 pm 

And My Lebron comment stands. You have been pumping the "just as long as you have Lebron" crap for years and now that its flopping you're ducking.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2022 7:03 pm 

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.