It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 200 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2022 10:19 pm 

I am pulling for Boston. I really like how Taytum has come along.

But I think the Warriors win in 6

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2022 10:27 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 1:09 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Warriors in 5
Gentleman’s sweep

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 7:50 am 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
Boston in 6

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 9:15 am 

Against everything I've long felt about that team and other fans, Boston in 7. Man do I hope I'm wrong.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 9:50 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
The Celtics have beaten the best of the best to make it to the Finals. The Warriors have struggled to beat bums. They also match up well against the Warriors. I'm not sure why the Celtics aren't getting more respect.

Boston in 6

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 9:55 am 

Nas wrote:
The Celtics have beaten the best of the best to make it to the Finals. The Warriors have struggled to beat bums. They also match up well against the Warriors. I'm not sure why the Celtics aren't getting more respect.
Boston in 6

Because the league has an overriding love for the extremely overated Steph Curry. A guy who once again will not be the best player in the series yet will somehow leave it still considered to be an "All Time Great"

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 10:47 am 
100000 CLUB

The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:
Boston in 6

Because the league has an overriding love for the extremely overated Steph Curry. A guy who once again will not be the best player in the series yet will somehow leave it still considered to be an "All Time Great"

Yeah, the league and their media partners continue to overlook this.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 10:48 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:
Boston in 6

:lol: your hatred for Curry always makes me laugh.

Weren't you telling us all early in the playoffs that the Warriors were done and not getting out of first round?

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 11:03 am 

pizza_Place: What??
I have no idea, but I like the Celtics D.

GS wins with runs. Can the Celtics mitigate those? I don't know, but maybe. There's a decent possibility that Klay and Draymond might be awful. There's a decent possibility the Celtics outplay GS for 44 minutes and lose in the last 4.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 11:03 am 

RFDC wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:
Boston in 6

Weren't you telling us all early in the playoffs that the Warriors were done and not getting out of first round?

Don't recall ever saying that but I did bet against them not to make the playoffs 2 seasons ago when guys like you believed they were championship contenders and won.
If "we" are going to continue to claim that Steph is the greatest this and greatest that, then at least pass the eye when you're matched up with other great players
When has he ever actually did this?
And if you think that beating a Denver team Missing its 2nd and 3rd best player, Memphis without Morant, and a Dallas team with Luka and a bunch of role players is somehow an accomplishment, then you really are delusional.

West was Cupcake City this year.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Last edited by The Missing Link on Mon May 30, 2022 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 11:09 am 
100000 CLUB

Nardi wrote:

GS wins with runs. Can the Celtics mitigate those? I don't know, but maybe. There's a decent possibility that Klay and Draymond might be awful. There's a decent possibility the Celtics outplay GS for 44 minutes and lose in the last 4.

Tatum needs to assert himself more in these moments. Marcus Smart probably shouldn't touch the ball much on offense, either.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 11:11 am 

Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Tatum needs to assert himself more in these moments. Marcus Smart probably shouldn't touch the ball much on offense, either.

Teams have taken to doubling Tatum down the stretch in order to get the ball out of his hands.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 11:18 am 
100000 CLUB

The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Teams have taken to doubling Tatum down the stretch in order to get the ball out of his hands.

Nia Long's future ex-husband has to do a better job.

I think they got the closeout monkey off of their backs. I wouldn't be surprised if the Celtics won the first 2 games.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 11:20 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
RFDC wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:
Boston in 6

Don't recall ever saying that but I did bet against them not to make the playoffs 2 seasons ago when guys like you believed they were championship contenders and won.
If "we" are going to continue to claim that Steph is the greatest this and greatest that, then at least pass the eye when you're matched up with other great players
When has he ever actually did this?
And if you think that beating a Denver team Missing its 2nd and 3rd best player, Memphis without Morant, and a Dallas team with Luka and a bunch of role players is somehow an accomplishment, then you really are delusional.

West was Cupcake City this year.

You didn't say anything about them in the first round that I can find. But I did find these.

The Missing Link wrote:
G.S. isn't on much. They won't get by Phoenix and whomever comes out of the East will bounce them.

The Missing Link wrote:
Bagels wrote:
2022 Champs book it

They were written off months ago by all except the true diehards. I was so bored with them that I didn't bother to cue the Steph Curry is overrated posts from a years ago. Man has the come out looking like gold :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Missing Link wrote:
Of the teams left in the playoffs they are no greater than 7th best :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Missing Link wrote:
No way the team that I saw last night is a championship team. I have no doubt as to whether or not they will win the championship.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 11:25 am 

Nas wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:

I think they got the closeout monkey off of their backs. I wouldn't be surprised if the Celtics won the first 2 games.

8-0 run says otherwise. They were a wide open 3 from losing.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 11:31 am 

Curry has been dishing the ball really well of late. I'm hoping that's something the Celtics have noticed. Cuz the Mavs didn't.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 11:34 am 

RFDC wrote:

The Missing Link wrote:
G.S. isn't on much. They won't get by Phoenix and whomever comes out of the East will bounce them.

And what exactly has changed since then? I'm still picking the team that comes out of the East to beat them.
And they STRUGGLED against the team Missing the only All Star on its roster.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 11:35 am 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
i believe it would behoove boston to slow the game down and use their size in a half-court offense. the warriors really have nothing inside. the celtics do play better when they push the ball, which would be playing into the warriors' hands. hard to handicap this series, the 3s will be flowing.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 11:35 am 

RFDC wrote:

The Missing Link wrote:

And what exactly has changed since then? I'm still picking the team that comes out of the East to beat them.
And they STRUGGLED against the team Missing the only All Star on its roster.

You can continue to LOVE G.S as you have the previous 2 years when they couldn't even make the playoffs.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 11:36 am 

Come on Link, you can just admit you were off. There are not 6 teams better than them this year. They are in the finals and the favorite to win it.

You call me a lover of GS and that is just not true. I am not even pulling for them this series. I hope Boston wins.

I cannot stand Draymond. I hated them when Durant went to them.

But I can at least be objective that they have been a really good team for quite awhile.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 11:38 am 

Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:

8-0 run says otherwise. They were a wide open 3 from losing.

Boston beat the top 3 teams in the conference to get there. G.S. beat a crippled team in Denver, a Crippled team in Memphis, and a one and a half man team in Dallas. There is nothing much to celebrate where they are concerned.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Last edited by The Missing Link on Mon May 30, 2022 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 11:40 am 

RFDC wrote:
Come on Link, you can just admit you were off. There are not 6 teams better than them this year. They are in the finals and the favorite to win it.

You call me a lover of GS and that is just not true. I am not even pulling for them this series. I hope Boston wins.

But I can at least be objective that they have been a really good team for quite awhile.

How can you celebrate them knocking off Memphis with a straight face?

And EVERYONE (besides you apparently) knows that the best teams in the NBA this year were in the East. The west was a stepchild this year.

They missed the playoffs the last 2 years running. That ain't a good team to me.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 11:44 am 

RFDC wrote:

It's a tossup so the value is in taking the Celtics. They've been the best team for 5 months. I have the feeling the best odds you are going to get, are right now.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 11:48 am 

Nardi wrote:
RFDC wrote:

It's a tossup so the value is in taking the Celtics. They've been the best team for 5 months. I have the feeling the best odds you are going to get, are right now.

Yep. Watch how tight the line gets by the time Game 1 arrives. It will probably be pick em by that point.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 11:56 am 

OK. Done. I got the Celtics at +140.

GS is the fuzzy wuzzy Cubbies of the NBA. The public is in love.

However, I still have zero confidence without a couple games played. GS can really fuck with your head and the Celtics head is fuckable.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 12:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Bagels wrote:
Warriors in 5
Gentleman’s sweep

This feels right

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 2:21 pm 

billypootons wrote:
Bagels wrote:
Warriors in 5
Gentleman’s sweep

This feels right

This guy gets it

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 2:23 pm 

If the Heat had made it would have been funny watching Link choose between Butler or Warriors

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 2:34 pm 

I'm just waiting for Curry to be the best player in an actual series that matters. I have yet to see it. And so have you for that matter

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 200 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next